(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

haha wow, got chair for hubby rest n dvd player.. wow.. goo enuf i think. then mr bonbon can rest also. since i guess hubbies end to be equally tired running ard and making sure things are find n comfy for us.

gonna go zZz soon. tmr morning still gotta go work though on MC, have to clear stuff and personal belongings too cos after ML i'll be starting work at a new branch i guess.. hehe.. near to my place also.. kiki

Congrats to all mummies who have popped...

Yes, agree with HappyLittleWomen, let nature takes its course. I quite like bb inside me, can bring him everywhere and he can hear what I'm doing every moment...

my bb is going to be a big bb. today she is measuring 3.5kg. scheduling the c sec for good friday if nothing happens from now until then. if i go into labor between now and then, will give vbac a try, but chances not too good since bb is not engaged yet and #1 was much smaller and didn't make it out after a long labor. *sigh*

<font color="0000ff">lilmoo:</font> My case sama as yours -- chk up this AM shows Sebastian's 3.5kg @ 37wks (EDD 15 Apr). He's turned down bt head stl high so next Mon Dr Koh wl do VE. On way back, I told hubby maybe consider doing c-sect too, or induce next Thu -- my bday and same time can tap into long wkend so B1 can tonpang my mom or sis... Hubby against c-sect and says if it's the LA type, he'll faint...
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Cheap bedpads, adult diapers:</font> The hawker ctr is in the blk after former HDB HQ. The blk has UOB, 7-Eleven &amp; KFC @ ground flr. Take lift to 2nd flr, go into hawker ctr, turn to right and walk all the way till end -- the shop's there, there's also a hairdresser's and the toilets. I'll try to get the shop's card for you as I'm going back to office 2mr. Still desperately tying up loose ends...

karrie: i also read abt the c sec rate in sg. are you delivering in mt a? when i had #1 i wanted to labor in water, only 1 labor suite had the bath tub. i waited a about 3 hours for it until my dr said better not wait any more so i can get more rest. if not i was stuck waiting in the observation ward.

twinkletotts: congrats!!!

ida: wow! 4.14kg and no stitching!! like that definitely can consider #5. haahaa

yvonne: same same. i've been losing or maintaining my wt and bb is still gaining! her belly is big but head and leg measure around edd.

I still hvn't done the following:
1) Packed hospital bag -- hubby took small trolley suitcase out of storeroom bt too tired to clean it up. 60% of my stuffs in a paperbag now. Stl nd to dig for my PJ
2) Buy nursing bras
3) Wrap B1 and B2's gifts to each other
4) Call Stemcord (we already hv banked B1's cord blood)
5) Get herbs for confinement cooking
6) Wash B2's clothes -- one of the outfits we're bringing is the one B1 came home in whc is unisex teddy bear romper
happy.gif

7) Prepare B1's activity kit for when she visits in hospital -- gonna print fr her fave Disney Playhouse website
wink.gif

Later 2day Carrefour delivering two plastic cupboards we ordered. Gonna use as B1 &amp; B2's wardrobe so gotta pack the stuffs in there after laundry's all done. But thank God I've stocked up on the other baby supplies like diapers, cream, toiletries, detergent.

<font color="ff0000">Stretchmarks:</font> Sebastian's really given me A LOT of new stretchmarks til Dr Koh also commented. He joked that this boy is preparing my tummy for twins next round... Hubby and I told him no thanks. Tummy's itching a lot and no cream's gonna help now...
happy.gif

kp: we may meet in tmc. my c is scheduled for 10 april 9am, waiting for clinic to confirm tom cos after my appt today hospital side close already so can't confirm.

karrie: i never took any fish oil with #1, just cheap vitamins. very lazy and some times forgot to take even. thank goodness #1 is not doing too badly.

baby_mummy: yeah, i agree the tmc delivery room is not great. the worse thing is no bathroom, must walk all the way back to observation room side to use the bathroom.

kidz: my edd is not until 22 apr, so i haven't even reached 37w yet. we're also eyeing the long weekend that's why picked that date. oh, i know roughly where the shop is already from your description. thanks! stretchmark come as it wish. #1 mine were so bad, dr kept commenting on it, and i put cream every day since early on. towards the end they got so red, angry, and itchy. #2 i never put anything until 27/28w. too lazy. but stretchmark so much better. give up since it's out of my control.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Freezable Post-Natal Recipes</font></font>
Freeze now for consumption later
wink.gif
Taken fr babycenter.com.sg i.e. written for Sgp context<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
Freezable Post-Natal Recipes
Freezable recipes for new mums.doc (28.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<font color="0000ff">lilmoo:</font> Your EDD 1wk later - same as my fren who's delivering in Sydney. But yes, yours wl be a Big Big Princess. Maybe we'll get my Big Big Prince to meet your Princess and see compare "Michellin" tyre marks
wink.gif

But when Dr 1st scan just now, it was 3.6kg which oledi make us gasped. Then he said sometimes it's the position of the baby so he scanned again and weight dropped 100g... Like it's a big diff <sigh>

lilmoo n kidzskidz, seems like we r on the same boat but at least the two of u r expecting yor 2nd bb, unlike me, this is my 1st..
i m reali crossing my fingers, hoping tat the estimation is a bit off like wat my sis said, ard 200 to 300g different so bb come out at ard 3.1 or 3.2kg, just nice..
i remember my SIL went thru 24 hrs labour pain n at the end opt for c-sect cos bb oready in distress, poo inside..bb was delivered at 3.42kg, my SIL is the same build as me..

<font size="+1">Morning mommies!</font>
2302090.gif

Wow, getting very excited day by day. I'm seeing my gynae later, will be ard 37wks+.

<font color="ff0000">Ida,</font>
Wa, you sure are amazing!!! Congrats on your great delivery and your 4th bundle of joy!
Hopefully your 3rd boy will grow out of the jealousy phase soon.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Bonbon,</font>
Good idea on the body mist, i shld get myself some.
As for the antispetic solution for washing our V, I bot a bottle of it from guardian pharmacy; it's the typical blue antiseptic solution lor. I remembered for #1, my gynae didn't give me anything, he said water is best and asked me to wash at every toilet visit. But I did bring back the leftover antiseptic solution which the hospital used on me and I felt better using it. Mayb cos it's "antiseptic solution". Hehe!

happylilwoman, i also have a long scar and another hole beside to drain the fluids from the body. haha..

i was naseaus because of a scan they did for me, dunno ctg or mri or sth. they inject a radioactive dye into my body and then send me into this machine to lie down to scan the inside of the body. its's the dye plus the ga that made me sick. somemore my pee n poo was lime green due to the radioactive dye.. hehe

lilmoo, yep, might see u there if nothing happens from now till then:p i've got terrible stretch marks too, same as u!:p how come u need to do csect ah??

bonbon, i just called TMC, they say no diff if u choose 1 bedder or 4 bedder in the beginning whether u end up in csect or not leh. cos they just bill u on the hrs u use the operating theatre, delivery ward etc...so u can just go ahead and choose the type of bedder u want bah..and baby mum, they say if 1 bedder not avail, they wont upgrade to higher cat one lor, at most they put u in 2 bedder first then next day change u to 1 bedder...sian:p

HappyLittleWoman, your VP is very nice! let u break the leave and not give u duties at the same time...for me, I'm breaking up my leave too (April, May, July, Aug), but will have to go back to give intensive remedial classes to my grad classes during the June hols cos they will be taking prelims in Aug. my P also expects me to take on CCA duties during the hols. Which I don't mind honestly, coz I dun want to wait till too late to remediate my graduating classes...this batch v weak.

lilmoo, heehee ok...that makes me feel better abt not taking my vits...

hmm i feel like going for brazilian wax suddenly. i think it would make it easier for gynae to stitch me up if i tear...rite?

cyan, jam, re: body mist, i got from watson's there's a white bottle with blue cap, only $1.99. so its alot cheaper than the evian brand that i used to buy. so can consider.. think the brand is beauty formula or sth? cant rem.

i also got this big bottle of antiseptic hand lotion thing, dun haf to wash hands just pump that transparent gel onto hand, abt $10+ which i tot was useful cos cant keep washing hands after touching baby everytime also. kiki

lilmoo, ur edd also 22april.. mine too and doctor's taking baby out tmr alr. think urs on 10th april should be 38weeks will be slightly more "mature" than mine cos i'm hitting 37weeks tmr exactly.
happy.gif

oh yah, bonbon, for TMC, cut-off time is 11pm, means if u register at 11pm, its considered next day liao, no wonder gynae says check in at 11pm:p Most worth it lor...:p

Anyone still wants to get the personalised rompers?? So far only received orders from Powerball who's ordering like 5 pcs!! If no more, will go ahead and order first liao, the rest can add on later when u're more settled down...

link as mentioned below

http://www.buniquestore.com/

Order inclusive of postage and will be sent directly to ur home, pls pm me to get the table format to place order

KP, ya lor so admit 11pm more worth, dunno y dr adrian ask me go in 3pm.. sianz.. neva fully utilise the hours.. kiki
happy.gif

hmm so meaning day 1 like 3pm admit till 1-2am give bith no room charges? just delivery ward or operating theatre.. hmm but dunno why other mums their bills will show room rates (3days) when actually after delivery only stay in room 2 days.. hmm..

my nov fren share her bill is 1.5kcash, also dr adrian, induce on edd, natural w epi and assisted with vacuum, its 4bedded free upgrade to 2 bedded. then i compare with marie, also same, dr, same natural induce with epi, assisted also, but single premium room is 2.3k cash.. actually like not much diff if dun kena c-sect lor..

bonbon: Oh yah, I recalled seeing the body mist from Watson's too. And I shall go check out the hand sanitiser. Yesterday, I also bought a few bottles of dettol hand soap dispenser. Everytime must touch baby, better make sure my hands are free from germs.

Cyan and Idaarshad,I will be starting my ML next week onwards, so if you wanna meet at CP for lunch or what, text me ok? You got my number
happy.gif

FYI

Some Basic Pointers

Signs of Labor

In a week or two before you go into labor, you may experience signs that something is about to happen.

• You will feel a 'lightening' or engagement when the baby's head drops into the pelvis

• The baby's engagement causes an increase in pressure on the bladder and you will find that you urge to pee more frequently again

• Braxton Hicks contractions become more frequent and intense

• Often vaginal secretions increase a day or two before labor starts. If it is your first baby you may have a 'show' as much as two weeks before labor

• You may weigh slightly lower in the last week

• Some women experience the nesting instinct, wanting to clean up the house or rearrange baby's room etc

bon, single premium room and normal 1 bedder whats the diff ah?? just now when i checked with tmc, per night diff is abt 100+ i think and hor, if hubby can claim for delivery means we dun claim medisave??

Bonbon,
Thanks, will check out watsons! I also bot the antiseptic hand gel, will get my CL to frequently use it during the 1st mth, following which I'd use in the nights after changing baby's diapers, it's convenient and less of a hassle when u need to do things fast.

Jamgal,

Hehe, I would loved to but most likely cant cos have to lug #1 along then quite troublesome. I also dont dare walk too much cos scared will early induce water bag to leak like #1's time. Baby still small now so wanna keep her inside till full term. But is it convenient to pop by in the nights to collect the teether? Ard 8pm? Cos can get my hubby to send me.
biggrin.gif

Btw, ur place nearby CP is it?

kp, marie reply my sms that time saying she took 1 range higher than standard single, which is premium executive single. cos i saw in her facebook photo and i tot v cosy so i asked her abt it.

her room like got nicer pillow case, then got this lcd monitor beside the bed can do online shopping n stuff. standard single i think dun have that lcd beside the bed. she said the diff is $58 a night so for 2 nights $116 quite affordable for the extra comfort n service she said. haha..

then she said tmc give 2 panties that's v good. same as what i heard from previous mums, like its netted and can wash n dry and re-use again..

i see from tmc web also dun have her executive single room, but i think maybe cos newly renovated so got new sub-class? if not from website the jump is from single to deluxe liao.

oh yes, i just called them to check so what u say is correct, its 58 more per night, think i'll opt for that then! haha...the lcd monitor is for calling the nurses one, touch screen, cant surf net:p but they only have like 15 of such rms, so depends on demand then.

yup, deps on how many hrs ur labour is..cos even if dun use room first night due to long labour, will still be charged on room rate..but operating theatre hrs etc still same rate no matter wat rm cat

but aniwae, heard from my fren for adrian's style hor, if 6 hrs and u not dilated, he will suggest ecsect liao..

Karrie &amp; HLW: We're all teachers!! My sch not understanding....they won't allow us to break the ML...&amp; from #1's experience...taking NPL, yr bonus(if there's any this yr) would be cut/pro-rated twice...MOEHQ sent me a letter...their accounting method is to their advantage, not ours...u would find that yr bonus is pro-rated on(No. of days of NPL + % of holidays)

Cyan: Can, you can ask your hubby to pop by my place also. I'm staying at Compassvale Crescent leh, not very near/far from Compasspoint.

Morning ladies, haven posted for the longest time..some things happened at home..haiz..long story but it was a stressful period. I even tot I would end up in early labour cos I was so moody..but things are now getting better..but I'm still vomiting..worsening actually but not as bad as the first trimester..mite be due to the stress ba...

COngrats to all mum who popped! So exciting..I cant wait too but tink bb is still comfortable inside my womb. at last scan, she was 2.6kg..am hoping not to have too big a bb though cos I'm quite petite..hoping to go for natural but must kip an open mind...

Oh ya, I realised popular book stores got sell confinement book recipes and they look very yummy..my mum bought one..there's many dishes inside, more than 100, so for those of you who are looking for recipes, mite want to get a copy..tink it's around 14 or 15.

KP u shd take better room since can claim ma.. for me i worried cos i ask dr adrian yday so induce will be natural birth rite, then he damn sian, answer me "we'll see how it goes" like dun wanna reassure me natural. but me n hubby understand cos doctor also not in position to guarantee anything cos all depends on luck n situation at that moment.

u think if call tmc ask them room availability they'll say? which number u called KP, the main line ah?

Catherine, yah by default MOE usually wants us to take 4 mth one whole block. but i think it depends on our school management, what kinda arrangement u manage to negotiate with them.

I also wanted to take NPL until end of year, but i heard of another teacher who had to take NPL to take care of her mum who had terminal illness, and altho she oredi went back to school in Term 3/4, she wasn't paid for part of the Dec hols, her bonus also affected, i tot i better just go back n work loh. end of next yr im getting connect plan somemore. if i take NPL, it'll affect the payout also. so think i will only take NPL after that. yupp the accounting method is definitely in MOE's favour.

Karrie: I've no bargaining power with my sch &amp; I dun wanta bargain, no point.

Yes, U are right. Taking NPL will affect yr growth package, etc, but if I'm not wrong...u could only get yr growth plan in the middle of yr 5th yr (not end of 4th yr) as what a lot of ppl have mistaken...

bonbon, my hubby say he dun want to be top claimer lor, so he say 1 bedder is enuff..:p i still ask him if i can take suite..but well...he paiseh to claim so much:p hahahaha...oh even if u call tmc, they also cant advise on availability one, cos depends on usage that day itself mah..called the main line
happy.gif
then ask for admissions dept

karrie, my VP was joking with my HOD to give me lots of work to do when I break my leave, so it depends on my HOD. But she is a nice lady so I think in an optimistic sense, she shouldn't start 'torturing' me too hee...

Catherine, yeah I understand what you mean. I didn't want to take NPL too, and the best thing is that I am just taking like 2 weeks of NPL? If not for my hubby being overseas, I think it's quite 'lugi' to take NPL with the pro-rated bonuses and such too leh...

KP, i just called also. kiki then the man also say can't commit to room availability until i admit tmr then they know. then he say admission procedure abt 30min, so go ard 2-230pm with i/c and place the deposit only. so i think i will take 4bedded then change to single after delivery. play safe in case any complications.. kiki

Alot of teachers take NPL and never come back after that. I have alot of friends doing that. So naturally if i hear of a teacher going ML/NPL chances of coming back very slim. I really hate to hear that from my kids school. It's not that they are purposely being irresponsible but it really does affect the children's work. Parents are uusually not happy about it. Nothing we can do. The principal better plays it well. Put these teachers in the lower primary so not so bad. Can't imagine a teacher always take leave or run away after ML/NPL in P6. I always believe being a teacher is not just a job but must be very delicate/responsible. It's also a very stressful job. But if cannot commit then never join teaching line.

Hmmm....happened to my P2 gal so i know how it feels as a parent. Plenty of relieve teachers..such a mess.

harlo mummies!! long time no log in.

congrats to all mummies that popped during my absence.
happy.gif

Thanks to all mummies well wishes during my delivery. Baby Xander is gaining weight and feeding well on formula. BF is coming along slow but it's buidling up. I'm also recovering slowly. will be visiting dr adrian this evening for check up. JamGal: prob i might see u later.
happy.gif

I've just sms Kris. She popped le. Which other mummy is at TMC now?? I'll visit her/them later when i visit my boy at TMC. He's admitted yday for jaundice.
sad.gif

bonbon: TMC wont allow upgrade like that. cos it's really quite packed. On my delivery day, i opted for standard single rm but till the time i have to transfer from delivery suite to rm. no rm was available hence i had to take the premium single executive rm. i'll update with the bill breakdown. i had an assisted delivery (vaccum). so the package charge was $2070. but i lugi lor. cos i only used the delivery suite for 1hr. the earlier 7hrs i was stuck in the observation ward as all 10 delivery suites are FULL. imagine the number of births last wed!! standard deposits @$1200 upon admission. I'll update more later. got to go clean up. super hot!

forgot to share this....

moms thinking of "choosing" 10 april, my dr told me that since it is a public hols, there will be extra charge since tmc will have limited staff and if we schedule something like c sec, they have to bring back extra staff and prob pay more for making them work public hols. should be a couple of hundred $ on top of normal charge.

bbl to catch up.
happy.gif

dodos, u r right, the principal also is in a difficult position. plus parents nowadays have very high expectations. if i'm a parent i would be peeved if unqualified ppl teach my kids too. my school is one of the well-known ones so the academic expectations are pretty high. we'd better deliver the distinctions or else! so yah...it's stressful, go on ML also keep thinking abt how best to help the kids. everynite i end up marking till very late also. actually it's not that there's no one to take over my classes. my colleague who is very experienced is taking over, but i think sometimes the kids just want assurance who has been with them all along rather than someone new. sometimes i joke that my students are more my children than my own son liao. i seldom get to spend time with him.

that's the life of a teacher loh. that's why when my frens say wanna join, i say think carefully...it's not half day job only hahaha.

powerball: yup he's still sun bathing and putting on weight. admitted yday noon can only discharge when his level rop to below 10. I've chosen Enfalac A+. Hospital will tend to 'push' NAN. but insists on Enfalac A+. It's the best!
happy.gif
so later i'll visit Kris lor.
happy.gif
Who else is at tmc?

KP, u saw Lilmoo's posting? Then u better choose 9 April. Ur hubby needs to take leave only on 9 Apr and get to enjoy 10 Apr and weekend w u n bb.

marie, think most mummies say enfalac it better and its one of the most exp too kiki..

which room is kris in.. tmr i go visit her before i go induce also..
happy.gif
can go see bb xander too if he's still there tmr as well.

dodos and karrie, I also think that being a teacher is really not easy. For my case, I think the school management is prepared for my absence for quite a long period this year so I get the average classes, instead of the top ones which I have been teaching for the past few years. Since they manage to find a relief teacher for me, I guess I can go on ML with an ease of mind, and with my other colleagues covering my duties, though quite paiseh indeed!

Ya lor, I also worry that the kids get adversely affected when I am not around, that is why I typed out pages of instructions for the RT taking over me! Luckily he is an experienced ex-teacher else I think he cannot handle those little monkeys also. Nevertheless, whatever it is, I think family is still more important, if need be, I think I will still prioritise my family over work. That is why I don't mind sacrificing so called pay, bonuses, connect plan blah blah to take NPL, as I think baby needs me more than my students since only my maid will be the caregiver if I am back at work. Most importantly, it is to communicate properly with the management so that either side is not 'short-changed' in a way bah...

If can choose better don't choose wkends or public holiday. Most of the senior staffs/drs are not around. If need e c-sect most likely it's the junior anesthetist doing the job.

Back