(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff6000">Hi5 dodos, great minds think alike! But then the comforter is not waterproof so can't use as protector lah.</font>

<font color="ff6000">KP, which colour are you getting? I'm quite interested in the colourful one. Katong mall is quite convenient for me leh. After that, can go and tapao Puteri Mas' durian puffs keke.</font>

LovJ: My annual leave is earned basis one. Last year one finished liao, so this year start with 1 day per mth loe  so sad! Cannot take mc, cannot take annual leave. You going to clear the ML full 4 months eh? But I thought most companies allow only 3+1 leh. Then the remaining 1 month discuss later.

<font color="ff6000">haha jamgal, take urgent unpaid lor haha. But that would be so irresponsible lah. Nevermind lah. We'll be on long maternity leave soon. REN!!

We can choose however we want to clear the ML but it has to be approved by your employer, which is why we need to fill up the Maternity Leave Form.
3 months followed by 1 month
2 months followed by 2 months
4 months straight</font>

<font color="ff6000">I've posted this before previously but I think nobody actually took note coz we were still pretty far away from delivery. So, I'm posting it again now.

Please do fill up this Maternity Leave Form and submit it to your employer at least 1 wk before you go on maternity leave to avoid disputes later on.

Maternity leave dates can start :
- on the day you decide to take leave
- on the day of bb's actual delivery

http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/ACF600E3-C5E5-4789-9A64-08A2B4A323E0/0/GML1final140607.pdf</font>

Pat: Yah, I filled up this form liao, passed to HR le, but it doesn't give us the option to take 4 months straight leh (I wanted to choose this keke).

So no choice loe, I can only choose 3+1.

<font color="0000ff">Hey KP, regards to the desitin cream.. what is the size? issit 4 oz ah? I may have lobang.. now check with my friends.. How much will it cost? I check with my friends, so can do comparison, if worth it, will let u know interested parties know the deal as well..</font>

pat, there's a newer version on the web that states 16weeks instead of the old 12 weeks
happy.gif
the link is below..

http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/ProFamilyLeaveScheme/Onlinesubmission/Government-Paid+Maternity+Leave.htm

wow so many posts after I came back from lunch.

That's a great idea to use use comforter as added cushion.Maybe I will do that too
happy.gif

But very funny hor,got so many layers on bb's bed.mattress,comforter,mattress pad,crib sheet hahaaha look like I'm super kiasu LOL
I also heard infants cant use comforter,blankies are better and safer for them.
Thanks for the maternity leave form,Bonbon,this one very important!

hi ladies,
been a long long time since i posted coz bzee wif my #1, my maid went back home for 2 mths. hows everyone gettin on wif the big tummy, my #2 is definitely bigger n heavier den my first one. wanna ask mummies of 2 kids, issit always the case?

<font color="0000ff">Hey mummies.

Normally what thing u all buy from US is cheaper??what are the normal item ppl buy during spree.. NO experience in spree.. hehee</font>

<font color="0000ff">Hey mummies.

Normally what thing u all buy from US is cheaper??what are the normal item ppl buy during spree.. NO experience in spree.. hehee</font>

LovJ, for me, I buy clothes, desitin, first teeth toothpaste, cosmetics, etc. Main reason is they may not be available in SG or the total cost is so much cheaper in SG.

Marie, which OG did you get the bras from?

Pat! Hee.. i am still wearing my old underwire bra. Comfy still! Just using extension coz my bra cups finally fits loh.. muahaha
I only buy 1 nursing bra which I think I might not wear leh... very OBIANG.. never like cloth kind. No shape!!

Oh.. Marie you just reminded me I have not called parentcraft to reconfirm! I will be going to the mom's congress on Sat, so no choice must go to the class on Sunday! So we'll see each other the following week then.

RE: ML
If we take 3+1, how should the last 1 month be managed? Will we be given like 16 days which we can take anytime?

I am also wearing same old bra with extensions. If we wear the nursing bra now, since there's no padding at all, in aircon room, our nipples will 'wake up' and say 'hi' leh.

For the remaining 1 month, you can take it flexibly within the course of one year (from the birth of your child). But what I might do is, in the midst of 2nd or 3rd month, I would most probably discuss with my boss to extend the remaining 1 month. Alot of bosses very smelly, when you come back and work and on off you want to claim back the remaining one month (like once in awhile, you want to take 1 week ML), they will give alot of excuses or show black face. A few of my friends from other companies already experienced that kind of treatment. I know for sure my side will also be like that.

bb_mummy, I got the bras from the Chinatown(People's Park) outlet.

JamGal, the nursing bra pading is alriht lah...our nipples wont be obvious under the loose PJs.

tough time following up after being out of action for half the morning!

Kittybride,

sorry saw ur message too late. me working at tanjong pagar so can walk to chinatown OG. but when i went to OG during lunch just now, saw that their sale seems to be over.. boo hoo.. only some remaining stock still put on sale.. the avent pump (packaging with bottles) back to original price already, though the pump with VIA system is still on discount *blur*. Will keep a lookout for your pillow n steam sterilizer when i go again. But Robinson's have 20% off for Avent i think. Can check it out.

Marie - tks! Saw n bought 2 bras from OG just now at $9.90 each. Actually I saw cheaper ones at CK.. $3.90 or $4.90 each, but cannot try and the sales person also cannot advise on the size, ask me to bring my own bra and compare!

re: bumbo
i have a green bumbo. on hindsight maybe need not have bought it, but it was useful to feed my son food, when he doesn't want to be strapped in the feeding chair, or for him to watch tv quietly (we place it on a elevated platform), or to cut his nails so that he doesn't fidget. so for me, it wasn't a total regret, but suffice to say i found uses for which i didnt buy the seat for.
happy.gif

ow_mummy,I think i better don't sell first.maybe if bb dont like or outgrow the beansprout pillow/bolster ,then I'll switch to the normal pillow/bolster.If not using at all,will just pass them along to the next pregnant friend.

envious of gals who can still wear their old bras... mine expanded so much that i've got to get new ones.. in the end got some wireless ones from marks &amp; spencers.. quite comfy!

there are some nursing bras that come with soft cups.

LovJ, same here, i buy stuff that are not avail in SG (cosmetics, clothes) or cheaper than SG (skincare, diaper rash cream). I started online shopping during my last confinement, cos cannot go out and nothing to do at home! haha..

<font color="0000ff">Ya. Ow.. I know i can buy anything,, but what is the popular item to buy.. cause thought most of the thing can from Singapore.. </font>

bb_mum &amp; jamgal, u so lucky, can use the same old bra, i spent a lot on bra since i got pregnant, bra size changed frm 32 to 34 then 36..now clever liao, bought cheap nursing bra frm CK..

<font color="0000ff">Haha.. Yvonne.. I even luckier. I wearing my sister nursing bra Never buy any bra at all.. Hee hee. my sister all pass to me..</font>

haha i also cannot fit into old bras. bought some nice and comfy pierre cardin bra and sport bra and end up stolen. cos my MIL wanted to sun the "ba zhang" as she call them, then a neighbour stole the new bra and left old ones there. couple days later i bought new ones again, and when i was at work, my MIL sun the bra again, and .. stolen again! i was just so sian mood.. $100+ gone in few days so i resorted to buying from those hdb aunties alr. cheap cheap $20 for 3 bra, support quite good and no wire. after delivery when go back old size these bra can be kept or thrown if condition is old. hehe..

hi mummies, my lil princess has been so active today :p having party in my tummy. sometimes she kicks so violently i see my whole tummy JUMP!

re: bra
glad i got those non-wired marks n spencers bras during my first pregnancy. took them out to use they're still so comfy
happy.gif

yep there are nursing bras with padded cups. think i bought mine from MIM. also using now.

re: bumbo
i used to have a bumbo also. but became a white elephant coz my son didn't wanna use it when his back become strong enuff. he would rather crawl around...and yah before he could sit up, he would slump forward when i put him in...so like not v safe leh.

think with first babies there's a lot of temptation to overbuy a lot of things...i also did that, ended up with a packed store room full of unused stuff! so this time trying not to buy so much liao. i haven't even bought any nb baby girl clothes hahaha...

Yvonne: Your cup size increase alot? Mine is only the breastline leh, that's why must use expander loe.

Wah your hubby sure happy leh ^~

bonbon, eeee why ur neighbours so chao kuan one! i also kena before. somehow they know which are the expensive ones!!!

haha so many posts since yday i hv to resort to opening another window to type my replies =P

baby_mummy - so sad to hear abt u SIL losing 1 of her child. I think tts y twins r referred to as "high-risk pregnancy". Think positive, m sure ur bb will b fine =P oh its normal to start feeling it...tt time 27+ wks i told gynae 1 nite i had pains...then he wet "yah...u will feel these pains...n it'll get more n more frequent...n when its frequent like 15 mins apart, its time to call me cos tt is ur bb ready to come out!" but the way he said it was so funny lor. Hehe, ok la..angry 1 day already...now shd b happy liao =) Not childish la...sometimes when my hb dun let me have/do something, i'll "talk" to bb in fron of him n say like "baby u see ur daddy...dun like mummy do this this this" HAHAHA... complain to my daughter already =P Eh bedroom slippers is slippery if the rm is not carpetted leh. i'll just bring my crocs haha.

ciarie - thanks =)

JamGal - ok noted...tmw i ask, then when i go back home i post his reply ok? Yaya 2 stops only, v fast. actually the 3 numbers u mention, i hardly take haha... i cannot rmember offhand the numbers i can take...i'll just see what bus come, then i chk the board haha. Oh just now i went robinsons n saw the karmy PJs...then my colleague commented VERY UGLY. i dun dare to buy already haha... but i hv to say the material feels comfy.

baby_mummy (again haha) - eh ur machine for "baby care" mode??? so cool !! wat brand is tt???? same case as u, my friends say frm the back cant see im preggy...anw they also say my tummy v small... then they say like tt shd b BOY. i was like huh...really meh...i think tmw better ask gynae to scan bb's downthere... cos after the detailed scan at hospital where the below part wasnt v clear anw, i never requested to see agn. i just took it tt its a girl haha

<font color="0000ff">bonbon</font> - how did they manage to steal? Must be some dirty old uncle staying near you. Wah, better be careful when you go home. Hahaha.. maybe stolen becoz the uncle think is your MIL's.

karrie

i also dunno why but 1st time it went missing my MIL gan cheong went void deck to look cos she thought the clothes peg loose so it dropped. then she cant find but saw many maids waiting for the school bus to drop the kids, so she suspect the maid took haha

2nd time she say she saw someone walk past corridor she din pay attention, but when she went out to see the new bras gone. so she know it must be neighbour cos 2 times in a row. now she doesn't dare put my bra outside after my hubby said her.. heehee

Eunice: Haha...i scanned through the Karmy PJs for a long time, only then decided on one nice plain one...Must agree not all karmy PJs are nice looking, but material wise is not bad.

Thanks for helping me to ask yeah
happy.gif

I don't think you will take any of my buses also cos everytimes they arrive, you will see one swarm of 'bees' moving towards it!!! It's very scary...

<font color="ff6000">bb_mum, dunno if anyone replied you already but the last 1 month of maternity leave has to be used up within 1 yr. It can be taken anyway you want to but must be agreed between you and your company lor.

Kekek, I took a later lunch coz I am feeling so full. Bb squashing my stomach wor.

LovJ, bbmum's right. Clothes, cosmetics, skincare.. The list is neverending leh. You just go search for what interests you have and compare the price with those in Singapore. But must remember to add the shipping costs lah.

tingting, so envious that you expanded so much leh haha. But heard that when there's expansion, it may mean you won't have problems with milk supply but dunno how accurate.

I'm up a size but I am still in underwired. keke

bonbon, how come your MIL so nice, still help you to wash your bazhang arh? I think I will be so paiseh to let her wash.</font>

pat, i increased 1 cup size and 2 band sizes.. quite scary leh.. last time i fit into my old bra all the way.. but yah, given that i was a mini A cup previously it felt quite good.. haha... will be great if the cup size remains but tummy goes back to slim slim soon after delivery.. hehe..

bust size doesn't matter when it comes to breastfeeding my dear.. frequency matters though!
happy.gif

pat, breast size no impact on milk supply one...i got frens very busty but also had probs with bf...but some small small but had a lot of milk..hehehe. like wat tingting said frequency of feeding/pumping matters.

what i dun like is, after i stopped bf, my breasts were not as perky as before!! so sad...

<font color="ff6000">You know hor, I didn't get PJs leh. I just got some nursing wear. I will bring a cardigan and some normal/nursing wear. Use the cardigan to protect my pte bits. So I think I won't be getting PJs already.

Ya, I also like buying from Old Navy. A lot of my maternity tops are from there.</font>

<font color="ff6000">wah seh, tingting, you very greedy lor. Cup size want to remain but the tummy must go. Fat distribution very fair one lor. When the tummy fats go, neh neh fats also will play follow the leader lor.

Not that breasts size has got impact on milk but my sister was mentioning that if the breasts swell/grow during pregnancy, it could be the milk ducts working, thus signalling that milk supply should be ok. This is compared to those whose breasts remain the same size and feel throughout pregnancy lah.

That's why I said dunno how accurate lor.</font>

<font color="ff6000">I will wear my regular tops / bottoms to sleep. I don't wear bra at home one. So it'll just be wearing nursing wear with cardigan to sleep in the hospital for 2 days. I've never worn PJs to sleep so I think it won't be uncomfortable.

I'm more a t-shirt/singlet/camisole and panties person keke</font>

<font color="ff6000">huh karrie, your breasts not as perky as before after breastfeeding? How long did you breastfeed for? After that, did it stay the same size or went smaller?

I had friends who breastfed for quite long, then after that, the neh neh shrunk.</font>

pat, i bf for abt 6-7 mths. my son was exclusively breastfed...

i think it shrank also leh. honestly i dun mind it being smaller but must be perky mah. so it shrank and sagged...
sad.gif

tingting: i aso same as u, increase one cup size with 2 band sizes...haix..i scare after delievry e breast shrink will haf alot of stretchmarks leh...

Nursing bras,
i was advised by the TMC nurse that i shd wait till i deliver and see how the milkflow and how big your breasts increase and then buy... perhaps she wants me to buy from TMC ( They sell them at parent craft) but makes sense esp if you dunno size and milkflow... but want to go to delivery fully-prepared so might just use the wireless bras that i have now.
what do you mummies think??

jamgal, my cup size stay constant at c cup lei..initially i was quite ku ku, din know neh neh will keep growing thru out pregnancy, went bought the same underwire bra i using from women' secret in bigger size and also bought 2 maternity bras from M&amp;S (2 in a pack), after 1 mth plus, cannot wear liao, waste money, later on when check with my sis then know tat it will continue to get bigger but no choice got to get new bras, so went get triumph bras tat were on sales (2 for $49.90)..

<font color="ff6000">hahah So it was a double setback haha. Wah 6-7 months is not easy. Realized that when ppl breastfeed for a long time, breasts will normally shrink to a smaller size. So how huh? Should I try to breastfeed for as long as I can.

I already have no breasts to start with. So scared that after breastfeeding, my breasts will cave in.

ow_mummy, I think it's the expanding that will coz more stretchmarks than the deflating. So if you don't have stretchmarks now, I think it'll be fine when you deflate. Unless you start to inflate and weaken the skin structure again lah.</font>

Back