(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

a bit hard.. we are still paying mthly instalments for our home... so i need to ensure that i work and make sure every mth there is a certain amt contributed to cpf... we pay half each... so definitely still need to continue working... haiii...

i also jus had a bit of char siew.. hee hee... but i think too much fat le.. feel like puking... nw drinking cup of milk... im jus tryin to endure not puking... i hope can keep something in tonight.. if not will be very hungry middle of the night... *sobs*

Lenny,

U sure no carb is good? Cooked dinner tonite... but was full after some veg and rice... managed to stuff a chicken wing and some soup... terrible... I am so tired. Now drinking milk to help with protein and calcium intake.

fairymoss ....

me FTWM lar ... how to afford to be SAHM? think i dun suit too cos stay at home too long also go abit crazy taking care of kids heehee

re: Parents taking care of bb

i also give my mum q a sum to take care of my #1 and when i compare to my fren's whose mum dun even collect a single cent - i do envy them. but i oso know that my mum is the 'saving' type ... eventually she is still saving for me so i just give her lor and honestly it is not an obligation that our parents or PIL must help to take care of the children for us. A bonus if they are able and willing otherwise its help from them. cos afterall its time for them to enjoy life too =)

just my tot.

hi all,
juz wanna update my check up today..
did an u/s n was told tat might be hving a boy boy n so was a bit disappointed but anyway as long healthy is gd lar.. my edd was brought forward to 26feb today.. me juz reached 12weeks today..

still hving very bad ms but wastold will get better but dunno when... sianz...

princess in dreamland
So fast you know the gender already? Mmmm......hope i will not know so soon, coz heard that if it is girl will take longer time to know the gender. Yes, boy or girl is not a matter but is their health.

wow so fast princess in dreamland.. hahas..
ur edd is moving so forward liao..

i realised i cant tk ani more fresh milk n yakult.. the milk mks me nauseous.. tink i can oni stuck to the annum milk..

ddtan hw have u been? tink nvr hear from u tdy..
hope u r fine..

hi everyone...
Lenny, had some strawberries just now and it did curb my MS(pukey) due to the sourish sweet taste...but MS is so bad today...keep wanting to vomit but so far(touchwood), nothing out yet... only nausea...my next appt on the 19th...hopefully after 2 weeks, bb is fine and growing well...seems like even after hearing heartbeat, also not 100% worry-free...so stressful...been quarreling with hubby due to MS and been lying in bed..he says i'm unhealthy...hmmm...plus cut down on BD and i feel bad that bcos of bb, so many changes... hubby also worried my attn more on bb than him...haiz...

just finished catching up on all yr postings... woke up at 4am to pee can't sleep aft that.

Last night, had a scare cos' of spotting. can't tell if fresh blood or brown stains cos' i didn't pee so much in the day time. By the time i checked there were several spots already. Tmorrow seeing gynae for 7wk appt.

All of you have legitimate concerns over child-minding. I too had the same issue after my dd was born. I have aged mom and more aged MIL so they are out of the question. I pondered with Nanny option but realised that at the end of the day, I pay 600 for a nanny but still need to do my own housework when I return from work. Initially I used part time maid but when it came time for me to work it was hard cos' I can't entrust my dd to parttime maid. Hence the option of hiring full time maid. it wasn't easy as I was not used to having a foreigner live with us. Plus there is always a trust issue. My 1st maid was young n couldn't cope. Wanted to go home after 1 year. 2nd maid no experience with young kids but I hired her, cos' she's competent with other stuff and my dd is really easy to manage. Now the both are best pals. YOu hear them laughing all day long.

I believe if God gives you a bb He will help you with the arrangements, for some of you, quit working is the solution . In my case it wasn't and Im not sure I'd be a good SAHM honestly. Usually I can't get my dd to finish her meals, but my maid can. I can't cook, my maid can.

Now my mom comes over to my house btween 2 - 3 times a week.. SO Im giving her (i've always supported my mom cos' my dad passed on quite early) and paying maid - that's like double expenses.

When 2nd one comes along I don tknow if my maid can handle.. if my dd goes to school, and my bb sleeps alot, I think still possibility.
I marvel at our parents' generation how the mothers manage with so many tods at the same time..

pinkdemoness - can still BD just dont ejaculate inside cos' of bacteria that may be harmful to bb. that's what my gynae used to tell me.

Lenny - for someone coming down with fever, your appetite is quite good. I had to escape while my maid was frying fish and in the end, I was able to take half a bowl of porridge + spicy ikan bilis + a pc of fried fish n some cabbage.

There are some nights when I look at all the food she's prepared and I absolutely can't stomach anything. So tonight I consider,was a good meal.

I also had 2 seeds of durians n some dukus while watching the swimming heats.

goood morning ladies! wow.. so many posts to read....

what is BD? haha, yesterday i had mee sua for dinner. It was SUper DUper YUMMY!

princess:: congrats on your little prince. I like kome, hope won't be able to know so soon cause i really want a little princessss!

hope everyone will feel better as the days pass by, first trimester will and is going to be over soon!

morning gals..

princess, wow, u can see your gender so early? me coming to wk 12 this coming wkend.. and my next visit is next sat.. i hope bb will be fine and healthy. will b going for oscar test.

I had crab last night.. and i felt soo super uncomfortable when i reach home. maybe i had too much of it, or it's due to my constipations.. in the end, i was trying to sleep and moaning away.. hb was so worried.. I swear i will not take crab again.. grrhhh

Morning cindy & wintertime.

Finally yesterday did not go to pee at night, but still wake up a short while and also earlier today. Still abit headache.

HB taking leave today to look after my son. Abit worry that my hb will bully my son. Haha......my hb abit xiao xiao one.
1639554.gif

sharon,

ya lor i knew these, but hor abit bor bian leh...dont know how also. i'm staying w my parents now, if i get a main, i dont think i have place for the maid.

Asura,

I do take my carbs for breakfast & lunch but not for dinner cos my stomach will feel terrible at night. I use dinner to compensate what i don;t have in the day like enough meat, vege, fruits etc.

I have been taking Brands essense of chicken on alternate evenings, if take every day its a bit heaty. My calcium and vitamin C intake will be just before bedtime. Just ensure that the Vit C is timed release cos our body cannot absorb all at one go. BTW, i read that sardines are good for MTBs too.

Princess in dreamland
Congrats.. wo wo.. its kinda fast to be able to see your bb at this stage. is it confirmed? i watch the documentary on National gepgraphic Channel titled "In the Womb" that at one stage, both genitals will book the same. the pointed or the little chick might evolve into a clitoris thus sometimes errors do happen. and in the very first stage after fertilisation, before our bb is formed like a fish with a tail, its the shape of our female sex organ. just sharing what i watched on Cable.

as for our EDD, it will change as the date draws near, my initial one was at 4-6th April but when i went to my gynae, he told me my edd is 31 mar 2009 instead. My Gf is actually due on week 37 instead of week 40.

Hi Pammie,
i don;t know if you feel these symptoms too. you feel hot inside like a fever coming up but not really fever, then got nasal congestion on top of all lousy symptoms that we get.

not much appetitte but force myself to eat. the people around me kinda suspect that i am pregnant cos this is not normal for a person who can really eat and love food. even when i am sick, i still have good appetite. kekeke...

Kome, hees. u so funnie. afraid ur hb bully ur son.. kekeke

lenny, can start taking chicken essence already? I have few bottles at home, don't know if I can drink or not.

me also start worrying who's going to take care my bb.. I don't like the idea of maid leh, but yet, don't wan to tire out my mum. i may opt for nanny in the end.

Wintertime
You can take the chk essence already but try not to take everyday coz might be too heaty.

My Hb good mood will treat his son better if bad mood he can told his son he will throw him down from window.

Wintertime: i also taking chk essence but on alternate days...my gynae say no problem...i drinking cos keep feeling giddy n it does makes me more jing shen...

wintertime,
i actually didn't know if there is a restriction and i just take. can share what's your concern? cos i clueless about this.

I just hope that i can take my DHA soon, planning to ask my gynae if i am ready to take it. i was told to put on hold till pass 16 weeks by my GP but my gynae tell me i can take but stop first cos the last time i saw him, i got bad bloatedness.

i also start thinking if i should stay home and look after baby cos my mum is aging and it will be too taxing on her. i am holding back cos of finance. i don;t really want to be a burden to my hubby. i definitely don't want a maid in the house.haiz... headache

After delivery arrangement is sure a headache, got alot of things to think first before making decision. I temporary put on hold and stop thinking first. Maybe after 6mths start to decide and plan ba.......

Haiz.....financial is sure an issue for most of us.

hi moms - i just saw my gynae..baby's heartbeat is detected today thro' tummy scan. I was elated. saw it flickering on the screen.. words can't describe how i feel. Becos' of spotting i now have to take duphaston 3 x a day. also going KL tmrw - gynae says rest n cannot walk around so much, dont go shopping. for me it's just time to be with family. am giving MC for today cos' we have team building event which I can't participate in ...

lenny - no i dont feel feverish or nasal block.. maybe you do need more rest to avoid the onset of flu.

Pammie..
i will have a teambuilding coming up in ealy sep, so likely i will go take MC and wont go as well. a bit redundant to be stuck in sentosa and watch them play games then i can't join in. in our current situation, suffering from MS is not fun at Sentosa.

hi lenny - yup. I told my gynae i was not ready to inform anyone of the preg so pls cover me with MC n she said - sure. I lost 2 kg from loss of appetite tho'. Gynae says ok so long as I'm hydrated. She says drink anything water, juice, ribena just dont become dehydrated..

Bb length is 1cm today.. flicker was very strong and Im just so happy. Going to go off laptop now and rest so I dont spot.. the spotting was pretty bad this morning.
sad.gif

Morning gals,

How's everyone today? My mum made the yummiest curry chicken last nite that I've tasted in a while last nite and I ate so much of it. No problems today so I guess my bb likes it too.
happy.gif

princess in dreamland
Congrats and be happy, bb is your own flesh and blood after all!
happy.gif

Pammie
Do rest more and now you can be more "an xin" knowing bb is doing well!

Lenny
I was sneezing and had stuffy nose all yesterday out of the blue. Thought I was coming down with something. Today, it has all stopped and I'm fine again. Very weird.... :/

Think the dress i buy from This fashion top is too tight i can't breath well seems like going to suffocate already. Can feel the tightness under my breast.

pink piglet,
there are herbs in Brands essense of chicken. i always thought that its good for Pregnant woman. In its early days when they still packed in a paper prinout on the benefits of their product, they did state that its good for MTBs. I have always been drinking this since i was a kid. so its really up to you. we can always write to them and enquire

Hi mummies,
Was so super busy for the past few days. Work till almost 9pm, reach home around 10pm.... Now Im like sleepy...
And worse my HB was sick last night have to woke up and get medicine for him. Now I dam tired out.

babe,

Feeling lousy the whole day as usual (tired, no appetite, nausea) but got to keep up the pretense as only my direct boss and close colleagues know... dont want the whole office to know until after 1st trimester. I dont have nasal congestion but i got ear block... u know the kind of feeling u get when u take a fast lift to a very high level. Wish i dont need to work everyday... Thank God It's Friday!

Pink Piglet,

i just received a phone call from Brands replying to my enquiry. she told me not to take those with the herbs ones like the american ginseng or cordyceps but the original one or the plain one is actually good for pregnant woman. She also did ask us to check with our gynae as diff woman have diff restriction.

Re: Giving $$ to Caregiver

My MIL is a homemaker so she would be looking after our bb. Still figuring what's a good amt to give cos my husband dont have a habit of giving her.. he gives her only when he remembers. I tot it is time to give her on a fixed date basis when bb come. If talk abt how much we can afford.. definitely cant afford much cos so many expenses. Guess i want to give something appropriate. Any idea after giving the amount, who buys diapers and milk powder (if not BF)? haiz... need to work out something and discuss with my hb...

hi mummies... seems like quite a few mummies here lost appetite, eat v little n lost wt.. crazy me actually would rather b in ur shoes cos has been eating well even though got ms... just the other day my mil actually commented that i ate so much n blah blah blah.. made me feel like a fat cow.. she always say how nice her figure is one lor... me put on 18kg during last preggy... still not manage to lose all the unwanted wts yet.. too much fast food during last preggy... highest record 14 mac deliveries in a mth.. so now tell myself can only put on 12kg.. sigh! me always hungry leh...

lenny: hehe. my gynae prescribe the DHA when i went for my 9wk checkup... the pills are SO BIG i really HATE them. I remember it wasn't till very late then i took them for #1.

pammie: happy to hear your good news!! Take care and REST well!

kome: hha you got call back check up on your son and HB? hahaha....

<font color="0077aa">Lenny,</font>
thks for the infor on stawberries. never know that strawberries can prevent thread veins and spider veins cos I got a lot of veins left during my first preggie. sad sad...so ugly.

will try to eat tough not so fancy.

I also ate very little rice, only 2 teaspoons or not even rice, only ingredients..

<font color="0077aa">princess in dreamland, </font>,
oh...tot ard 4-5mth then can see gender....cos last time, I only can cfm my gender at 5mth cos every time go scan, either bb turn sideway or use hand to cover.

me wish for a boy wor....doc dun even want to give me the EDD date only told me that I'm in week 7.

<font color="0077aa">pinkdemoness </font>,
yr appt is scheduled 2 week one is it?? mine is scheduled only 1 mth later.

<font color="0077aa">Pammie</font>,
wow, u got a gd maid wor....

Thanks for the information on brands, Lenny. My mom's urging me to drink Brands too but I have my misgivings as they might be too heaty for me since I have a lot of cravings for milk and they are already quite heaty to me.

Afcai, ya mine is scheduled 2 weeks for 1st trimester than once a mth after tat...gynae said dun wan the appt to be so far apart as 1st trimester still not stable ma...u hw many weeks le? me shld be 7 gg 8 wks nw...

Princess in dreamland,
Wow.. can see gender le. Congrats. So is that calendar accurate for you?

I can't wait to see my bb on Monday.

Lenny,,

wow, thanks for helping to check.
happy.gif
maybe i can buy some.

btw, you guys have any idea whether there's any breast cream or oil to apply on our breast... i have sore breast and i can feel that there r growing fast..sooner or later there should be stretch marks...can we use the stretch mark cream or oil on our breast too?

Lenny,

izzit best to take the chicken essense in the morning? just wondering if we were to take at night, does it make us awake and cant fall asleep..kekeke

pink piglet,

you can go to suntec city level 3. the whole floor actually sells a lot of maternity stuff. there is on particular store sells all the creams and lotions for MTBs and babies. you won;t go wrong if you walk from Toys R Us. they should have good creams else you can go to guardian pharmacy to get them.

Torayme,
I already bought a dozen bottles to drink. hehehe.. check if watsons is having a sale. my colleague bought at $14.50 for a pack of 6 bottles, NTUC sells at $16.50. if no sale, then no choice liao.

Cindy,
i also tempted to start my DHA again. i took them for pre-natal preparation and i stopped cos i had indigestion when i saw my gynae. the one that i am taking is soft gel Omega-3 fatty acid derived from Marine Microalgae Oil. I was told that its a better version from the usual Fish Oil. Never bothered to take supplements all my life till this time.

Pink Piglet,
i think diff ppl diff cos my colleague says she feels more alert taking in the day and if she take in the evening, she won;t be able to sleep.

but for me, the weird one.. i took it before i go to bed cos i sleep better and wake up fresher in the morning.

so i think u have to experiment with your own body.

Back