(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Hi ladies,

Just to ask you ladies some questions...
Did anyone had this kind of experience,
(Alright, for my case)

My Menses was late for 9 days - up till now(broke my longest record) .. And I used Babydust Pregnancy strip to test on last Wednesday,Saturday and This morning.. All shows -ve... And I was wondering M I preggy anot... Reli hope I'm preggy, as I've been TTC for 1 year ++ liao... Think maybe i'm too weak or something... Is this normal ? I think I've heard of some ladies Menses late for like 1month den can detect?? M I preggy? I'm so gan jiong!!!

Hi Carine,

Probably try a different brand test kit?

Late for 9 days --> actually most pregnancy kits can detect pregnancy as early as 1st day after missed period is due. When you say 9 days, do you have regular cycle? If yes then most probably you are

For eg. my period is quite regular so when my period is due but it hasnt come yet, I tested it (about 3 days late)

First test negative (afternoon). Negative bcos the test line was very weak as compared to control line

Second test positive (same day, but at night). So kind of confirm lor

Some said testing in the morning will be best coz the level of the pregnancy hormone is the highest

All the best!

okok, hehe its the post office near the market,
happy.gif
Hmmm not too sure where st 41 is.
happy.gif
What details would u like to know?

Carine,

Advise u to get clearblue or predictor... try it in the morning first thing u wake up..

i tested 1 day after my menses due date. and is positive.

gd luck to u!

Hi all,

For mummies who have seen gynae, may I know how many folic acid tablet u take a day?

I plan to see gynae in two weeks' time coz now too early to scan

I bought folic acid in Guardian just now, written 1x/day max 3 tablets per day

Anyone can advise? I cant remember how many time I took daily for my 1st pregnancy..

hmm if im nt wrong is 1 tablet which is 5mg in the morning.... once daily... this is what im taking but im nt pregs yet... heheh... TTC-ing =) its best to check with the pharmacist at Guardian or check with GP also can

hmm, 5mg seems kinda high? I am taking 2 tablets @400mcg (1000mcg= 1mg) a day. But yah, best to check cos i heard that excessive folic acid will be passed out of the body anywhere so it will be a waste
happy.gif

I had a bit of spotting last nite and freaked out. Luckily it went away so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Incidentally i had a bad day at work yesterday so now i have told myself not to get too emotional and stressed out cos thats prob bad for my bb.
So all MTBs, stay positive and happy ... :D

annt:: do take care... are you not gg to see gynae?

I can't wait to SEE gynae! haha how i wish time flies faster so i can get to see if bb is okay or not man! meanwhile, just have to keep spirits high and wait!

I have a brand new "My Brest friend" breastfeeding pillow and a tube of Medela PureLan 37g cream to let go. Anyone interested?

thanks for the concern!

cindy,
i was gonna see the gynae today if the spotting had persisted but it was just a few drops so i will wait till my scheduled visit next thur.

queenie:: think i'll go next weds. hopefully by then can see positive signs! you went to see already eh?

annt:: i agree with kitty should still go see gynae for a peace of mind even if the spotting stopped le.

Hi Gals,

Congrats to all who have succeeded getting a BFP
happy.gif

Hi Canine,
I'm having the same problem as you. My LMP is 1st June 2008 and my cycle is 30 days. Im 8 days late and I tested on Clearblue last night and its negative. My period have also been very regular for the past 11 months since I delivered
my son.

Any ladies here tested late BFP on the HPT?

Hey girls! I really enjoyed my session with Dr KT Tan from KKH yesterday. You girls were right, I didn't get to see our baby but we got to see the amniotic sac. The gynae got so excited, and called out to her nurse, 'Get the father, get the father!' It was funny! And yes, I had to have a vaginal scan cos the sac was too difficult to pick up on the normal scan. And the doctor went on to say, 'You're really pregnant! Are you happy?' Of course I am! Hahaha then she asked me if I am concerned/worried over my pregnancy cos she wanted to give me the option of seeing her either in 2 or 3 weeks. I chose, 2 weeks! She said if all goes well, we'll see the sac growing and our baby's heartbeat at wk 7! And I got to take home the first snapshot of our baby!

Annt,
We're just the same! I was so excited when I had a metallic taste in my mouth and now I'm breaking out (a sign of hormonal change) and boy am I pleased!!

Also I checked with gynae on when I shld take the folic acid, and she said it can be taken at anytime of the day, night is not a problem. But do take after food, it helps digest it better. Important thing, don't take it during the period where you vomitting( if u are) cos we want the folic acid to stay in our system.

Congratulations to our mummies-to-be
happy.gif

ok, i heeded everybody's advice and went to the gynae in the afternoon. Everything seems ok, can see the sac but will still have to check for heartbeat for my next visit next week. As a precaution, gynae also gave me some hormone pills, duphaston i think...

promeganate,
oh i am grossly under consuming my folic acid then! oops!

annt,
glad that you are ok.... rem to take care of yourself and baby! rem to stay happy then baby will be happy. dun over stress urself
happy.gif

Thanks girls
happy.gif

Annt, good to know that all is fine, I wld say pop by NTUC Unity Care and get those cheap 5mg folic acid pills. They work just as well. I'm taking that.

Sportyger,
I am going by pure memory work here, and I think 400mcg is too little. If you do a quick check on the internet, the recommendation is usually btw 4mg-8mg. You might want to check on this. My gynae said she is happy with the 5mg that I'm taking.

I've not been puking (touchwood!) and if I don't eat after a while, I feel sick! I feel good immediately after eating. I'm going to be one fat mama!

hi ladies
i just found out i am pregnant too, around 6 weeks.
EDD :Mar 2nd 2009

not sure will it change after second appointment
This is my second kid anyway, just seen my gynae - Dr Kee in Jurong point. He is pretty good if any jurong ladies is interested. My first son is delivered by him.

promeganate
your gynae didnt prescribe any pill for you? Mine, gave me folic acid and multivitamin only.

happy to hear positive news prom!

annt:: Do take careee!

and jo:: congrats!!
happy.gif
Are you staying in the jurong area too?
happy.gif
How is dr kee? I'm seeing this gynae in jurong area too think will stick to him unless you highly recommend your dr Kee.
happy.gif
Is it thomson medical? How old is your first son? Hehee. My first son is 8mths old now and i'm still breastfeeding him, guess it should be safe? HEEH!

Then i think i am eating too little oh no i better eat 2 tablets now. Will ask my gynae when i see her tom.

Jo, congrats!

hey cindy n sportyger
thanks

cindy :
yea i am staying in jurong area near jurong point. Dr kee is pretty good, at least something i like about him is.. he is a decisive gynae. He knows what he is doing, which is very important for me. He delivers in both mount altvernia and thomson medical. I prefer thomson medical. Is your gynae new to you? If u already used him once, best is to stick to someone u comfortable with i guess.

my first son is already 4 yrs old. Wow you got your second kid now? nice nice... i dont have the courage to have one within short timing. As for breastfeeding, i am not sure. Best is to check with your gynae, but i believe should be fine.

hi ladies

are all test kits sold in pharmacy is accurate? cos some people tested other brand and got negative but tested + with clearblue...any comments?

i have only tried clearblue and just tried once so I can't comment. But i personally chose to test with ClearBlue cos its a well-known brandname and I don't want to have doubt the outcome :p

Hi all, I had went for my first check up but doc wants me to be back at 8 week to confirm the fetal heartbeat... But I am confirmed preggie after the test kit...hee... hopefully the second check up is ok...

Dear Madams,

PLEASE HELP US BY COMPLETING THIS SURVEY AT A NEW LINK:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=5d0212xd8io3aw7461100

We are five students from Raffles Junior College who will be embarking on our Project Work.

As our Project is based on the modernization of cures for blood diseases, we hope to raise awareness and funds for public cord blood banking.

We understand the significance of cord blood stem cells in curing blood diseases. However, not many others do. Through this project, we hope to raise awareness among the public and pregnant women about the uses of cord blood: encourage mothers to donate their babies’ cord blood to public banks (SCBB) and increase the extent of positive impact that cord blood has brought to the curing of blood diseases. We also hope to give support to public cord blood banks by raising funds from the public.

YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

congrats to mummmy bean =)

s
most of the test kit shdnt have any problem..
there is a thread abt watson test kit. maybe u can go tk a look.

for myself, i tested twice w clearblue digital n the clearblue normal one..

Hi Ladies,
Wld like to check whether any of the MTBs chart bbt?
And when u cfm preggie, the bbt is maintain at wat temp?
Thanks....

Babychole,
i'm quite blur abt BBT, never tried it before .. erm, are u sayin that we shd monitor our BBT even when we are pregnant?

annt, no la....just wanna check wif anyone before they found out tt they preggie, hw is their bbt like?
Preggie liao dun nd to monitor bbt la..

Babychole, I took my temperature for a few days after I learnt I was preggie and it was a mess, it did fluctuate quite a bit. The advice I have gotten: Stop taking your BBT after your +HPT. Hormonal changes make BBT inconsistent. And it doesn't tell you anything abt the health of your baby. So don't worry if it goes down. Hide your thermometer!

Promeganate, no la, I never test....me in CD28 and bbt has been constant at 36.7 deg...if my AF coming, 1 or 2 days before, bbt will drop...and my cycle days is 28 to 30 days...so I m keeping my finger crossed tt the temp will maintain.

hi Sportyger,

Today's Thursday. So how did your visit with Dr Yvonne Chan go? Did u manage to see your bb? I will be seeing Dr Chan next Wed, and I can't wait! How's her clinic like and how do you find her?

As for folic acid, I'm eating the 5mg one, once in the morning daily. I asked the Pharmacist at Watsons, he said only one kind avail, which is the 5 mg one. Pretty cheap.

I feel bloated and queasy all day, and whenever I walk past places with weird smells, I feel like puking!!

Babychole,
Give us good news. Your temperature sounds promising! I have a 27/ 28 day cycle and because I was naughty, I took a preggie test on CD26, DPO 12 and had a positive on my clearblue digital.

Baby dust your way!

Dear all MTBs, this is my 1st time her, so wanted to check with you ladies.

I was just tested positive on a Clearblue Test Kit on Tuesday, 8 July. Usually the kit is very accurate one, right? If so, then I'm in my 1st pregnancy! =) But because it is my 1st time, I'm also quite puzzled....shd be accurate hor? *blurz* i'm seeing a gynae this Sat though.. been having quite bad morning sickness, but then again Im not sure if it is, because I have been having fever, blocked nose & sore throat, with this weird taste in my mouth. Cannot stand crowds too, because I would break in cold sweat & wanna vomit...can't even take long journey buses..feeling was like, can puke anytime...is this normal?

I also hope to hv good news....haiz...the waiting time kills...today is CD29 and tis morning's bbt is 36.8, rise 0.1 deg as compared previously. Itchy hand go test on HPT tis morning and it is a BFN....dunno wat happen to my AF?

Congrats, Jennifer!
I've been hit by morning sickness (a misnomer!) since last nite... its an awful feeling. am half tempted to down some panadol to make me feel better but i know i shouldn't. Luckily today is already friday, can't imagine if it was Monday, I wouldn't know how to get through the week...

Congrats to all mummies to be.. My last LMP was 4th June and once after I missed my mens for 4 days I bought a Preg test kit.. and found positive.. I visited my Gynae and took a scan but there was nothing in my Uterus.. Can't see the sac too.. Like there's totally nothing.. except for a black dot far away from my uterus. They took a blood test to confirm my pregnancy but I'm still very worried. This is my second pregnancy I had my first 6 months ago but had a missed miscarriage so I did my D&C in March and now I'm concieving again but what worries me is could it be a ectopic pregnancy? I took the courage to try again in such a short period but the moment I can't see the BB there I'm just worried sick. He ask me to visit him 10 days later and hopefully we're able to see the BB at the correct place. I just hope that this pregnancy turns out smoothly

Back