(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

listing for sophie the giraffe (teether)
1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
15.gernise_jingxi (interested)
16. Happy
17. Ginn (TBC if order is finalised)
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle

Wow...looks like we can make it for 24pcs for $29 each afterall...

Pumpkinseed, I got the exact same letter. I think someone must have complained about us and the distributor did not bother to clarify properly, hence sending us the same letter accusing us of re-selling and purchasing cartons. I wrote back to clarify myself and to express my disappointment at such inconsiderate and unfounded accusations, since my girl already has one and bought at retail price locally too.

1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
16. Happy
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle

<font color="55egf">Anyone want to look for a nanny? I have a friend willing to look after baby and she is staying at TPY. PM me if u are keen</font>

curiosgal,
I lived near Buangkok mrt area too! U gv durian!?? V high sugar content rite?

Rei,
Ya, u shld try to bring your bb out more often. It is not as scary as u tot. Most times, my bb will b busy looking around n is a form of learning 4 them too :) He will fuss n cry loudly if he is hungry or zzz but u just hv to keep calm n attend to his needs.

Liting,
If your MIL ever want to give honey, pls say NO hor! It can be fatal for babies uner age of 1.

peach:
hope u and bb get well soon!

happy:
thanks! will wait for ur post regarding their reply... erm, can't remember e weight limit leh... according to http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-Learn-Groove-Activity-Station/dp/B0002C6N16, can last till 25lbs... which is approximately 11.5kg? hmm, same like jumperoo...

bellebubba:
saw someone who wans to exchange away her ezerra cream, u may wanna check out e wte thread and oso find out how much curiousgal paid for hers...

yaer:
oh no... hope u &amp; bb get well soon too!

djmama:
u organising &amp; collating e orders? think we shd be able to pay u soon... anyway, let me noe shd u decide it's too troublesome... maybe i can take over... cos may wanna push it faster, can't wait for e giraffe liao!

Hiya Sheepish,

Wah...if you can take over, I will be most glad...cuz now that I started work, simply not much time and energy...by the time I am home, I am stuck to my baby like a siamese twin until she sleeps...then i bathe, take dinner and its knock out time till 5am next day when I start the madness again....hahaha...

hi mummies... i know this is passe already... but i just bought a Medela City dual pump cos is cheap... then now started thinking if i should have gone for PIS.... should i stick to City or sell it now to get PIS ?

I forgot about all the homework that mummies had done for the breastpump last time...

Reason for getting this is becos my cousin is going to deliver soon and i have to return her the pump she lent me.... sigh...

bellebubba &amp; sheepish:
I am nt too sure hw much i paid for mine. as i went for consultation &amp; jab at the same time.. HB took the invoice, maybe i can go hm n check again..

bbpower:
maybe we live in the same block but nt aware only.. i stay blk 271A. wat abt u? as for durian, only to dab dab and i think it shld be fine. cos only once in a blue moon, and i too KPO to experiment with my gal liao.. hahah.. but must limit too...

sheepish:
actually i also got some mixed feelings with getting the jumperoo.. cos my gal very timid, even her wlaker nw, also took us a while to get her familarise with it. sometimes even when carrying her(while she is awake), a cough or sudden conversation will get her startled..

hi mummies,

sorry busy morning! I can barely catch up!
Happy_mummy - PLEASE CONTINUE TO BF even when sick!
My theory is more or less the same but the best antibody produced is when you latch, lesser or not when pumping/ expressing. Thats what the books says, what my gyn says too. Haven't consulted the PD on that but should be lah!

Liting - 90-100ml is 3.5 oz. That is waaaay too much water. Esp at one sitting! You will need to space out the water. For starters, so much water will cause water intoxication (one of the mummies said). Also, this is an old wives' tale, it tends to thin the milk drank. Altho I do believe that it can happen! Think about it, if milk is all they drink, too much water like 3 oz can constitute almost 1 feed! It is thinning the nutrients from earlier feeds.

As for rashes/ heatiness, it also depends on what you eat. For milk, you may want to consider watching how much you drink. I actually drink an average of 2+litres a day from giving birth. I didn't care what the confinement nanny and what the elders were saying. For every cup of sweetened longan water, I will have a 250ml glass of water. I peed a lot haha but it kept me very hydrated and I did have enough milk.

Your body could be heaty and with the pumping, it could affect your EBM.

To reduce heatiness, I mentioned before I give betw 1-2 oz of water a day. Usually the 2nd feed of 1oz of water is in the late afternoon/ early evening before I start the FM feeds. Or, you can alternate your EBM feeds with your FM? At least the EBM is watery and won't be that heaty for baby.

Another thing about rashes - babies tend to have it. It's like them releasing the toxins whilst in utero. That's what my nanny said. For infants, PDs suggest using EBm to dab on the rashes for them to go away. Btw, you know why mummies are so great? Our BM can also help with pink eye!

curiousgal - thanks for the cream. We saw one Egozite? My mum applied yesterday but not much effect leh.

happy_mummy - how old was baby when you gave up Bfeeding? I'm on the cusp of giving up! I pump about 4 times a day e.g. every 5-6hrs. It's really rough in the office! I'm also having low MS now.. this morning... I pumped a miserable 3oz! My girl is 5oz going onto 6 oz! How?
My husband told me that baby is fine and if I'm having trouble with milk supply, he's much happier if I gave up and just FM feed. I'm still considering.. Anyway, it'll take another 2-3 weeks to wean, so she'll be 4.5 mths when I make the decision.
Am planning to see the Mother &amp; Child lactation consultant this Sat and see how. But yeah... it's a difficult decision to make. Esp when I'm actually very open to FM! The only fear is what happens when she falls ill after her next few jabs. I won't be able to 'make her feel' better. And mostly, I'm continuing cos she was pre-term by 1-2 weeks. Although it's a pathetic 2 feeds a day
sad.gif

Bellebubba,

I gave up when he was 3.5months old... U can still pump 3o.z., please dont give up ok... I am guilty that I gave up so soon, so please dont give up... For me, I just felt too much stress... Its really good to continue to bf baby...

bellebubba,

since you have supply, why dont you continue? No doubt ur 1 day's supply cannot meet Isabelle's demand, it is better than not having any BM at all (if you believe in the benefits of BM). 3oz in 1 pump is not bad at all and 2 feeds (on average our babies need 5-6 feeds per day??). Since you have been persevering for the past 4 mths, why not another 2 months since you are already reaching the 6 mths mark .. 2 more months of hardwork in exchange for the benefits your child may get..to me its worth it
happy.gif
Although you are also pro-FM, i feel that you still believe in the benefits BM can give if not you wont be contemplating in stopping and could continue BF for 4 months. hope you can persevere your 6 mths bfing plan
happy.gif

thanks happy_mummy...i'll check it out and consider about it....

initally getting cheaper pump is because we only left with 2 more mths to go...that's why don feel like investing so ex pump...sigh...

Snow_luplup,

No problem!
happy.gif

I wanted to sell long time ago keke but hubby dont let me sell, keep asking me to keep the pump for #2... but I really dont feel like having #2... So am gg to secretly sell if off haha! :p

wow, i really admire all the mummies here who perserved BF-ing.. I gave up after BB full month cos I cant take it anymore. The supply jus dropped drastically from a usual 200ml min. per pumping session to a mere 40-60ml per pumping.. I gt so emotional tt i kept crying and stresed out. HB saw me in tt scenario and ask me to stop if its really so hard and stressful on me. i guess he wanted to see a hapi mummy &amp; bb.. so far, upt odate when i see mummies who still BF-ing, i admire and envy and also feel guilty tt i didnt perserve. if i really goin for 2nd child, i will perserve and get help from supplements to boost my milk supply.. actually if u haf BM, and supply is there, contd to feed..

i also sold my breast pump, intend to get a new one if i planning for second one. cos who knws when will tt happen.. hehehe.. nt gonna be anytime soon too...

hey happy_mummy and Sandy,

thanks for the encouragement.
I think I will try.

You are right.. 3 oz per pump is better than nothing.

There are a lot of contributing factors to my decision lah. I'm mostly worried that once I stop BM, Isabelle will have lesser immunities (altho, most FM-feeding mothers will beg to differ) which is not really true lah. Since FM is so advanced.

But agree, I do see the BM benefits and it is only another 8-10weeks more to go before I can start weaning.

Thanks for the encouragement!

One thing after another... just got a call from my mum about the domestic helper. Had to call the agent and get her to talk to the maid. My maid keeps cleaning and cleaning the house nonstop, even minutes before we leave the house. So irritating! She's not prepared with baby's diaper bag and stuff for my mum's place where baby spends most of the day and yet still sweeping/ dusting, etc. My mother told her to chill out and she talked back! ARGH! Endless!

snow_luplup,

I am scared... sigh... got many problems during pregnancy, so very very scared... Gestational Diabetes, low amniotic fluid, baby cannot absorb nutrients from me so born at 1st day of 37 weeks at only 2.385kg, first pregnancy was ectopic... really too stressful for me... throughout my whole pregnancy, i only put on 3kg... that made me even more worried!

mummies - why stop at 1? I'm in no position to say anything but 1 is really lonely. My mum had many miscarriages before she had my bro. So for 11 years, I had to be vv independent. Can cook+fry veg at 8 yrs old - waah sounds like damn 'lao gu dong' story but my mum was afraid that I would be spoilt and gave me my own housekey, after school, I will have to cook my own food. Rice +soup will be ready in rice cooker and slow cooker as my mum would prepare from morning before she goes to work.

It was good in a way but I had no siblings and everyday... watch TV or do reading. No one to play with! By the time my bro came, I wasn't interested in sharing, etc. But we're close. Just that before he came along, I was pretty lonely.

Just my 2 cents anyway!

bellebubba,

great! but antibodies (manufactured in our bodies in response to virus/germs)only found in BM..FM is fortified with nutrients
happy.gif

how long has this pattern been in your domestic helper? since the day you hired her?

hi, I'd like to have another one for my friend.

1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
16. Happy
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle
21. AG(ag_gal) 2nd piece

Sandy, thanks.
She's a good worker but we don't need a robot. We need someone who takes instructions, cleans when she is asked to, rests when asked to and eats when asked to.
If she doesn't there'll be a whole lot of problems. Health, being one of them.
We told her, as a domestic helper who lives with us, we will treat her like family.

She's been super enthusiastic since day 1 about 1.5 mths back.
We have told her we like the attitude to cleanliness but don't want her to overwork. The deal is, she follows baby. She will assist and help clean for/ up and with whoever is looking after baby. So already, there's a lot of sterilising bottles, washing baby clothes, etc. I find that takes up a lot of time so we reduce the other chores. The only thing she'll need to do a lot of is sweep floor and dust baby's room. But she'll wash and scrub toilet floors every day! Every week she'll want to clean windows. And she will move the furniture about to clean *faint* Even my husband, who is a clean freak, doesn't do that all the time!

So all this excessive cleaning will one day take a toll on her health.

True enough, her nails are splitting from the detergents and her tiredness is causing her to talk back and be rude to my mum.
The agent just called and said she told her, Look, all this problems u brought on yourself. If you rest, work and eat at the times your Ma'am gives you, nothing will be wrong.
Can you believe? I'm having trouble even when I try to give her a decent work balance. ARGH!

bellebubba,

hmm..im not suggesting anything but maybe you can observe her cleaning patterns..same cleaning routine daily, or even more than once a day. start with the toilet then move on to this area, then that area in order and it repeats itself the next day..is she a transferred maid or fresh? do you know her background? she might be obsessive compulsive if what i mentioned holds true

hey bellebubba,
your maid story sounds familiar...haha

I changed my maid who is about 3 weeks old now. All she does is cleaning and cleaning also. And she will be so busy the whole day with the chores which leaves her no time to help my mum with my baby. So I came up with a timetable for her, hopefully it works well. I just give her a calendar telling her what to do on a daily and weekly basis. I also told her that she needs to finish up the chores asap so she can hang around and help play with baby in the afternoon, else they will be so busy the whole day hiding in the kitchen.
btw, your hb being a clean freak sounds like my hb. on top of it, my hb is also a neat freak :p

happy

My bb also couldn't absorb nutrients and born 36wks at 2.36kg. What's your bb weight now? My bb only 20th percentile.

Hb and i wan to stop at 1. Mine is spirited/grumpy bb. Sigh. So taking care of him took so much time and energy from us.

Btw any advise how to make bb like sitting in car seat? My bb screamed at the sight of it. There is no way either me or hb can bring bb out by ourself. Need 2 persons. One to sit beside bb trying calm him down. Bgt toys no use. Sigh. I thot bb like car rides.

nana,

is the car seat uncomfy for him? or he finds the position painful? does he react like this since day 1? or he accepted sitting in it for the first few times?

hi nana,

my BB has been rather good gal since birth, she is seldom cranky unless we misunderstood wat she wants at times. as for car seat, she really enjoy goin on car rides so she doesnt really make any noise. Perhaps for a start, u can try to let her sit on ur lap, and gradually progress to puttin her on her car seat. i guess her screaming is due to insecurity ba. my gal intially when took rides frm my uncles etc, will cry n fuss cos in a new car, new environment.. nw she is ok aldy..

refer to tis link - http://www.babycenter.com/preschooler-car-seat-car-safety

happy_mummy and curiousgal...
i also have a difficult pregnancy... puke non stop and ended up in hospital...

i'm also thinking of stopping at one but then worried that my boy will be lonely next time...will he? sigh...dilemma

haiz.. me too had a difficult pregnancy. i had bleeding from 2nd month onwards and was hospitalised.. threatened miscarriage lo.. but luckily everything turn out well.. so another phobia is tis issue that is a bit stopping me...

HB is worried tt BB will be lonely. and also worried tt being the only child, she will be self centered.. haiz..

sandy

I think car seat quite comfortable. Mine combi corroco. I bought the kippopotamus fluffy insert furthermore. Initially 2nd mth he can sit quietly. Even fell asleep in it. Now he seemed so terrified of the seat. I want to take him out myself when hb away is so difficult. Rendered myself immobile even with a car!

Curiousgal

I always did that! In the end always have to put him in and out several times. When he has calmed down i put bk he started screaming. Really screamed till his face tear streaked and face reddish black.

Really regret not buying maxi cosi. Transition would be easier. I really wish can go anywhere myself with bb. At birth didnt start putting him cos he was veri small and the car seat quite upright. Only when he is much bigger at 2nd mth plus then i put him.

Pls count me in also la..

1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
16. Happy
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle
21. corrine

Nana,

Our story so similar! My boy is now 8kg at 5 months old, not sure which percentile leh, the health booklet so difficult to see, but his face is quite round :p
My bb has been quite a good boy, except that he always want us to carry him to walk around, other than that, he is fine...
happy.gif

I also think having one is lonely, and hubby strongly advocate for #2... but i really scared to go thru it again...
like curiousgal, i also had a bit of bleeding during the first trimester lor...

Re car seats,
I think must slowly let bb get used to it... try to put him inside only for a short ride first? then slowly lengthen the ride?

Can someone helps me to add my name to the giraffe teether. I m using iPhone to surf net. It doesn't have a copy n paste function. Thanks heap!

Hi,

Pls count cin (bamboobride)in... (on her behalf)

1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
16. Happy
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle
21. corrine
22. cin (bamboobride)

I am adding myself in again.

1. Joannelim
2. gracechua
3. sheepish
4. Roxanne (whitegalz)
5. Crystal
6. lili
7. olively
8. princessdella
9. SY
10.aidanyap
11.AG(ag_gal)
12.kkf (maybe)
13.DKmama
14.The Simz
16. Happy
18. seahorse
19. Shyann
20. michelle
21. corrine
22. cin (bamboobride)
23. AG(ag_gal) -2nd piece

Hey mummies,
Sandy - she likes to clean more or less the same places/ things every day. She won't do it again and again in the course of the day but definitely the next or the day after, she'll do it! Which is not our requirement.
I don't mind OCD because I have a little bit of it so it's manageable.
But the agent called and said that maid told her she doesn't hv enough to eat at my mum's. Which is not true - all our meals in the week are cooked there!
I told the agent, I suspect that she keeps working and we have to nag her to have her meal. So by the time she eats, she's famished and whatever is there, is probably not enough.
The agent seems to think my mum eats very simply. But in actual fact, every evening is a spread for dinner. Minimum 4 dishes - 2 meats, 1 veg, 1 soup and another side dish. Maybe lunch is simple like porridge, leftovers with rice or some fried noodles but dinner is an elaborate affair cos all of us are home.

Apparently, my mum overheard the convo my helper had with the agent and she told the agent that my mum only gave her 'cincalok' to eat. It's a chilli paste of sorts with mini shrimp, great with porridge and it accompanies the chilli for beef noodles. She failed to mention that when we go out to Imperial Treasure, she gets to eat our 8 course dinner; or when we go out to Sushi Tei and Grandma's, she gets her own plate of food, like the Katsudon or the plate of nasi lemak!

So now my mum is a bit upset of course. I also have to impose a mandatory 1hr rest during lunch and 30 min tea break. Otherwise, one day when she snaps, she'll end up at the cops and usually, the law takes the side of the maid.

AG - I have had a schedule since I started work. She is following it more or less but she will keep doing things over and over. Like windows, must wipe the glass every 6 days ... we only told her to do it fortnightly.

Honestly, my husband is quite a clean freak and she can match his standards but we are after all employers. And I don't want to get the short end of the stick if things go bad and she starts to complain. Cos frankly, I'm sure I'm one of the few who has to ask the maid to rest, eat and do less work.
It can get irritating sometimes. Esp when you're ready to go out the door and there she is, haven't packed baby's milk or diaper bag, moved the furniture all around to sweep the floor she's already swept yesterday, etc.

PS: The maid doesn't play with baby unless baby is in infant car seat at the back. She's only done things like change diaper here and there, watch her whilst I'm in shower and whilst my mum is at the market. I think with her nature, my baby will be 'overhandled'.
What's more, we never intended her to be the primary caregiver since we have my mum. Her role is to assist us only. But seems like... the good attitude is becoming a problem too!

Bellebubba,

Tell you what, transfer your maid to me? I am a super clean freak who needs my toilets, floor, etc to be clean everyday... my maid cannot cope because she is simply too SLOW! :p

its ok curiousgal.
Happy, this is so funny. I also want a good maid who is fast.
another possibility is that your maid just want to keep herself occupied so she doesnt have to do other things. Personally, I am not that nice that I will specify 1hr lunchbreak and teabreak. cos my maid already so slow and can't finish the chores. that day when I only tell her that baby's hanky smelly, she was not happy and didnt want to eat dinner. My mum told her to go eat but she refused. I never even raised my voice just ask her to smell it and wash again. Anyway to me, I give you dinner but you dont want to eat, that's your choice.

happy_mummy
haha! She's already a transfer! My 1st choice was direct from Philippines but I had to wait 3-4 weeks and that would coincide with my coming back to work. Too much stress with training and all. So I picked her, did face-to-face interview.

Btw, my helper is slow also lor. But she can rush if she knows she has lots to do. Just need to play some psychology tonight when we go home and speak with her. Have to sit her down etc.

AG, happy_mummy
Us 3 can form the clean freak gang. I have a 3 way system to clean floors at my place. 1. Dry sweep with broom; 2. Dry magicmop and then 3. Wet magicmop It's so clean that feet will have that 'squeaky' sound when walking on it. Haha. Terrible!
I've got laminates for flooring so if use wet mop, it has to be super duper dry and so... might as well us magic mop since we only clean on weekends. The majority of cleaning is at my mum's place since baby is there Mon-Fri. But turns out, she will use the wet magicmop pieces every 2 days! *faint*

AG
I agree with you.
I don't see why relatives and all have to coax the helper to eat meals! Argh!
The situation is she follows baby. So most times, going back and forth from my place to my mum's. She ends up doing chores here and there. But we pay her extra and she was agreeable to the arrangement.

So when she is with us on the weekends, she will eat whatever we give her and eat when she has to. But at my mum's, there's not much control really. I agree tho, it's her choice. So I told the agent, sorry. She definitely has enough to eat, that's not a valid complaint.

Agree with you on the slowness to not complete other tasks. It depends on the maid but mine is constantly working so she's tired and snaps at us.

AG - must not let up. Even a small thing like hanky. Anything to do with baby, your helper must do it right. Let slide once and she'll think it's OK to do so. Not with baby!!!

I also don't stomach bad behaviour. So if she starts to bang things around or walk heavily into the rooms, I will actually tell her off. Also, they tend to listen to one part of your instruction and do wrong things. When in actual fact, they only do part 1 and didnt complete part 2.

A few times, the agent already told her, 'You're not the boss. You can't keep doing things your way. If you want to continue like this, pls go home to Philippines.' My agent is OK, she can speak Tagalog and yet is understanding of our position.

Most things are OK but the talking back etc.. is really frustrating.

happy and other mummies, I saw the reply from Sebamed. One thing for us to take note is that we live in warm, humid weather. Some of the advice and 'rules' from European people have to be modified for us. In Singapore, we need to bathe them more often than twice a week as they perspire more. For the same reason, it's ok to give baby water even if breastfeeding. However, the amount is small and only on advice of PD.
(I found this out by reading a lot of books, including What To Expect and speaking to 2 local PDs)

DJ Mama, same here, I replied clarifying my position. I think someone did a BP on the Sophies before. Could they have mistaken us for them? In any case, you girls go ahead and purchase from them if you can hit MOQ. I do not want to have anything to do with them from now on based on principle. I wouldn't have minded organising the BP from them but not now.

Anyway, just wondering, did you purchase yours online? Is there an actual shop in SG where we can buy Sophie? Someone I know is bringing back more Sophies from France in July as gifts he he

RE: breastfeeding. I had such problems too! Think I mentioned before to IChing, I relactated at 6 weeks. During the last week in France, she was latching on so much, I am almost TBF now. Have to actually force her to take the bottle when I can't take the nipple pain anymore.
Whatever amount you give them is good enough. I personally feel the pressure to b-feed is a bit trendy. Yes it is beneficial if you can do it but a mum does not need to feel bad if she can't!

Back