(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Hi Mummies

Today is my 6 week after delivery and have bright red discharge like menstruction? Can it be locia? hmm, I am breastfeeding but expressing out most of the time. Oh no!

Ramy... Hm...as for what plan and premium, haha...i cant rem already. Nvm, u can ask Jacqueline what my plan is, you can say Eunice passed you her contact.

Hi Mummies

Scense Mini Washing Machine to let go at $90. Comes with box. Kindly sms me at 92374617

2312862.jpg

Scense Mini Washing Machine comes with an added ozone disinfecting ability to get rid of impurities effectively, it is also equipped to clean gently and thoroughly which provides as an alternative way to do hand wash for women's feminine wear and baby clothes.

SY, do u mean lochia finish but back agn?

tt time me also 30+days i tot finis sudly cam back agn..n finally gone 1wk later(whic was jus last wk)

Iceblue, Catmomo>
Ya, I'm not sure is lochia or menses cos quite abit wor and is bright red...hmmm, hope is not menses lor...previously was brownish red then stop for 1-2 days then now bright red..aiyo...

catmomo
that one is normal. My son will sometime be like tat too. And tats wat the beansprout pillow suppose to be helping... which is calm baby down. when my son suddenly like got a fright, i just place my hand on his chest n took hold of his hands too to calm him.. nothing to worry about k?

as for baby crying.. normal also loh unless got colic, cry even more.

whenever my mum came, she also love to comment. I say baby poos alot. she will start scolding me saying i drink cold water la, eat cold meal la... etc which i never did. when baby sneezes few times, she says i let him wear too little. I have to correct her alot of times saying baby sneeze n cough are normal.. which is to clear their system. ignore them ba... sometimes we know more than them. My mum never took care of baby before.. my siblings n i never been taken care by her... so as to say she is clueless about these areas.

) spicegal - weekday/sat am; jp/IMM
2) joannelim JP/IMM
3) saro - weekday ; JP/IMM/Anchorpoint
4) webtobe -except wedpm-dr appt,fri;JP/IMM/Westmall
5) mrslim
6) djmama
7) samantha
8) icc

i really wonder how all of u are going to bring out your baby leh.. all of u got baby pram? me dont have cos mine old one for 3 months n above. so probably will bring sling but heavy sia..

sat morning is good, so my hubby can come n fetch me n help me carry diaper bag haha.

i prefer meet at jurong pt or IMM.. as my mum stay at jurong west..prefer weekday.. as weekend i normally will be at sengkang..

bringing bb out...
so far i didn't bring bb out alone.. my maid alway follow me to take my parang parang.. hee me so lousy.. cos i will panic if bb cry outside.. if need to make milk also no hand.. hmmm.. maybe i should try bring him out alone..

Pram/SLing
if take MRT or walk i will bring pram (no need to keep the pram). but if need to take taxi or bus i prefer use sling...

joannelim, which part of jurong u staying.. my mum at jurong west ave 5.. if u need help maybe i can go your place, help take the diaper bag for u, then we go jurong pt together.. with the help of my maid.. hee

SY, LemonT recommended Western Chow, a hainanese style western food place, so telling her will bring my hainanese hubby to go and try the food lor..haha

Catmomo, agree with joannelim, babies get startled very easily even with beansprout pillow on their chest, just put your palm on his chest and talk to him to reassure him tat its alright. I do give my eldest girl jin feng san when she was a baby cos she cries alot and my mum thinks tat she has a fright. This jin feng san supposedly will calm a frightful baby.

As for your in-laws side getting gan cheong over your boy and fuss over him, i can understand your agony cos my in-laws also behave like tat, you have to learn how to deal with them, for me i tolerate until i cannot take it and then one day i just retorted dun all babies cry? which baby dun cry? in fact crying is good as it trains her lungs...
kao_biggrin.gif
but then again, after i said tat, our relationship became very awkward but i dun care since my in-law lived in Msia and i only get to see them once a year.

Can we fixed it on Tue (7th Apr) at 11.30am Jurong Point? Those who stay near JP can advised where to meet?

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe
5) mrslim
6) djmama
7) samantha
8) icc

Please confirm attendance and email me your hp number ok? My email is [email protected]

wow thats fast.. me anything as long as weekday..
1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe
5) mrslim
6) djmama
7) samantha
8) icc

so we having out lunch there? or just cup of drinks..

spice, so we had to decide wad type of food we wan.. jap, western, chinese, thai? i vote for western (got Billy bombers, NYNY, swensen and bakerinn)
1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama
7) samantha
8) icc

wah, u mummies action very fast leh... say meet then meet liao! too bad i stay in e east, if not can join...

sy:
i think it's lochia still...

catmomo:
my gal oso like easily scared last time... now i put her sleep on tummy, she seems much better...

spicegal:
i agree! my mil oso never took care of babies b4, but kept wanting to tell me to do tis and dun do tat... there was once i couldn't take it and said curtly "i hear u"... i have never been rude to her, so went back told my hubby hope she not offended... but yah, things got a little awkward...

spice, so we had to decide wad type of food we wan.. jap, western, chinese, thai? i vote for thai.anythg ok2 (got Billy bombers, NYNY, swensen and bakerinn)
1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama
7) samantha
8) icc

in regards to food, i think better if we choose a place tat is near the breastfeeding room unless all of us are bringing FM or EBM. i like swensen, but JP's swenson quite lousy =P , the staffs always make alot of mistakes. NYNY, swensen all near toilet. Not sure if JP's wing 1's bf room got renovated or not. If not, i dont like to go there.

shld i list down the restaurants so u ladies can choose?

mrslim
my place just 10 min walk to JP along mrt line. shld be ok la.. i try to keep everything light.

ramy
dont be worry yet..just wait a day or two and see. My son sometimes miss pooing as well, but on the day he poos, the poo is soft not hard. so he is not really constipated. For fully bf babies, normal to even not pooing for 5 days.

ramy, one day dun poo is normal.. dun worry...

joannelim.. maybe we can divide the load.. think heaviest is boiled water.. one of us bring hot boiled water then the othe bring cooled one hee.. like that can lighten the load... anyway i think we going for 3 hours the most.. so feed bb first b4 come out.. then maybe need only one feed..

by the way mummies..
wad u all usually bring in your diaper bag..
i usually bring
1 set of bb clothing
2 nappy clothes
1 baby wrap
3 diapers
3 feed of milk powder
1 bottle hot water
1 bottle cold water
2 milk bottles

issit okie?

Catmomo
Think we are in the same shoe! (other then e frightful bb) May I suggest u carry ur bb till he's in deep sleep then put him down?

My in-laws also the same! Just pissed off that i have to settle the bb and all the adults all at the same time. So the only excuse I can think of is 'the bb is too hot!' then all will shut up cos nothing they can do to change e weather!

spice, so we had to decide wad type of food we wan.. jap, western, chinese, thai? i vote for chinese.anythg ok2 (got Billy bombers, NYNY, swensen and bakerinn)
1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha
8) icc

Jz to cfm its Tues hor... cuz Mon and Thurs I cannot... hee...me bringing bb in a carrier cuz stroller too heavy for myself to carry!
happy.gif

catmomo,
My bb also has quite strong moro reflex... usually what I do is to let her sleep on her side and put a small bolster between her legs and a small beanie pillow for her to hold... and have to make sure she is in deep sleep before I leave her to do my things... but sometimes she will still suddenly cry out and wake up then i will just carry her up and hold her close, speak softly to her to soothe her...walking ard with her close in my arms also helps sometimes...then when she is asleep again, I will put her down...

Think grandparents are always gan jiong bah... my PIL and parents also like tat... my mum lagi best, if bb cry or is in any discomfort, she sure say I am the cause of it.... everyday I hear her tell me my breastmilk got problem la, I feeding her wrongly la, I never clean her bum bum clean enuff la... etc etc... anyway if bb cry must be mummy no good then ah mah come and rescue bb... hahaha... I usually just let her be lor, unless I super tired or high strung then will rebutt my mum abit...just take it that they r gan jiong but they mean well...and if u really cannot take it see if u can arrange for some alone time with bb...for a day by yourself also not bad... my parents own a store and bb and I follow them to the store on weekdays but sometimes when I feel like I need a break from my mum and want some quality time and bb all to myself, I will tell mum I stay home alone for the day... slowly, things will get better and u will be more confident too... so stay strong ok!

Ramy, if my bb dun poo, usually becos inside got alot of wind... then she wun sleep well and keep farting, crying and fussing... if ur bb takes FM as well, good to give some water..a little bit will do, and make sure its warm water....helps them to expel wind and pass motion too...I m also giving my bb reutefene and my Pd also told me to give ridwind every 6 hourly as well... and it helps in her wind and poo condition...

catmomo, this is a passing phase for baby.. I read that this grapsing reflex is because the baby will encounter a falling sensation like they falling off when they almost falling to zz then they will immediately try to grab for mummy.. Soon, the baby will outgrow this.. dont worry.. my gal also got this, i just let her sleep on her side or tummy...

sometimes when i zzz, i also encounter such falling effect and i also will jump de.. it is before i fall into sleep..

ramy, i bot my gal's insurance from prudential too plus the rider.. if anything happened (touchwood), i dont nid to pay a cent for hosp fees.. my husband told me prudential is more extensive in terms of coverage but is more expensive too.. I am not sure true or not.. maybe u can compare..

Hi Mummies,
thanks for all your concern. I hope i can get over all these hiccups soon.. But it's really lovely to see my boy grow each day.

the weather is horribly hot and humid recently!! I dun even dare to bring Baby out and it's so bored at home... zzzz

Hi Mummies

Just a quick one after scanning thru the posts really fast.

Frightful babies...
My son is also like that and gets woken up by his older brothers when they are very noisy. I've the perfect solution which unfortunately didn't come cheap...

I carry my baby in the Beco Butterfly Carrier all day. It leaves both my hands free to do other stuff so I think it's a good investment. Been using it for a week so far and very pleased with it. I can bring him out in it too, he just sleeps. Much easier than lugging the stroller around.

Ok, gotta get my oldest one to eat and ready for school.

Have a good weekend!

mummies

will give u an update on whether he pooped or not...till now nothing ..will follow mummy advices here and report back

blueb, yaer
i called them and gathered details..thanks a lot

mrslim, DJ_mama
Yes i guess i will give hotwater and see..and wait ...and see... in my case dentinox and ruetefene was given and i can see improvement

Whitegalz
will call prudential and also see la

mummyo
I ever tried using carrier while doing my work and it works but bb tend to get adapt to it so if we were to put them down, they will feel something missing and that is the reason i wont do tat anymore.

My bb still crying but my mum advise me to just sleep beside her and pad on her buttock. If she keeps crying, just give pacifier. They will stop crying when they tired rather than i leave her all alone. I tryied today and seems to be quite ok but not totally. I dont carry her too much. I am trying now. I know its too soon coz just starting on the 1st day. I hope she will adapt to me tapping her and she will fall asleep eventually. Hope this works on me

Similac
Think some bbs can't take similac maybe bec it's thick? My boys so far both ok...

BlueB
Haha, that's funny, bb woken up by own fart. Mine gets angry when he farts and then he'll cry. dunno if it's because he needed a lot of energy and discomfort before he farted.

Red patch on bb's head
That's a stork bite, which is like a birth mark.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001388.htm

kwoli
bm ss drop temp due to hormonal chges.
http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html

Hi mummies,
Hope tat everyone's ok and hanging on!
Me MIA again. bb had crying fits few nite previously. Surviving on 2hr sleep per day. now is my personal time. Going to nap a little later. Last nite nearly fainted while carrying bb. Luckily I reached the bed in time! Think really need rest.

west gathering:
Not sure if I can make it or not, but if I can, I'll join too! Need to look for bb caretaker if I'm going out. I'm living in Redhill Preferly Anchorpoint. Bus 33 can reach. hehehehehe ... :p otherwise I'm ok too! I'll still on for the 1st May gathering in Seng Kang
happy.gif
So total 2 gatherings!

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha
8) icc
9) lonerunner - Anchorpoint

Frightful bb:
my bb also like tat at times. I give her Jin Feng San.

Insurance plan:
Think Great Eastern's plans are best for now.

Catmomo:
me also in same situation as u. eveyrone likes to make comments abt how I'm handling my own bb. Have to one ear in and other year out. otherwise if 5 ppl makes 2 comments each, total will be 10 comments. Most of them conflicts each other too! Which to listen? Jialak lor!

wah the friso comfort is super mfan. used no.2 teat liao.baby can drink bet liao bt..alwys the last 10 ml she cant finish cos.. temperature dwn liao friso comfort turns lumpy liao clot a the nipple, she cant suck n she giv up..poor thg

**Sorry to interrupt**

I have a preloved Fischer price Jumperoo to let go. Please PM me if you are interested. Condition is very good. Tks!

i really hp my baby can faster grow out of the vomit milk situation fast..by next wk shld
finish similac liao..then mix friso comfort wif friso 1..hehe pray hard she ok in 2 wks(m i dreaming too big a dream? hee jus my wish lah) then straight giv her friso 1.. then full stop to evrythg.. friso1 al the way!coolz man! jus think also damn happy

lonerunner: wat happen? bet tak sm chicken ess

mummieS: hey ladies, evryone of u hav tried bringin baby out on ur own liao is it? me fel so lousy dunno hw to use the MIM sling.. n baby lik nt fully in the rite situation(vomitg fussing etc) i dun dare go out myslf sia..smre cant imagin hw to carry the bag n stroller?
i peifu n envy u al

then i think my baby damn bored also.haha i nvr brg thgs out for her play.think of the kp this is kp this out..end up lazy.. then 1 2 move her back to her own rm, say til nw haven move lor..fainz..dunno wat im doin

Alamak, actually i Tuesday cannot cos going gynae,nvm i call n try to change my appt since most mommies can make it on Tuesday... will confirm ASAP.. thanks !!

spice, so we had to decide wad type of food we wan.. jap, western, chinese, thai? i vote for chinese.anythg ok2 (got Billy bombers, NYNY, swensen and bakerinn)
1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim
3) saro
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha
8) icc

kwoli:
can, can! but wait for my balboa sling to come 1st... ever used e mim sling and my gal really slept very well... but it was my fren who adjusted for me, so think i dun really noe how to adjust it myself... if bring pram, dunno where can accommodate so many...

lonerunner:
yah, think u better take time to rest... then u'll be in better position to take care of baby... anyone who can help u so u have time for urself?

Hi Mummies,

Today is my Day 2 to take care of bb solo.. I am slowing trying to adjust and am glad that he has managed to poo the past 2 days.. in fact, he has been having really sluggish bowel movements the past 2 weeks, sometimes, once in 2 - 3 days.. on other occasions, my mum helps to stimulate the poo by digging into anal using cotton bud.

He has been having alot of wind despite taking ridwind every 6 hourly the past 2 weeks. He frets alot cos stomach uncomfy(wind) and I usually pick him up from his cot and carry him and pat him on his back to help relive the discomfort.

catmomo : I haven't been out of the house the past 1 week.. when i am with my baby, don't even step out of the house.. no confidence even to bring him downstairs in pram. He doesnt quite like the MIM sling cos I find that there is no support for the head. The BB bjorn carrier is abit hot to put him in to go downstairs... I think I am like a hermit crab liao..

Mummies :

1) Any of u feeding your bb with soy base formula? I am currently trying isomil and thinking of switching brands.

2) My MIL has been hinting that I should consider putting my son to sleep in sarong cos he gets frightened in his sleep very easily and keeps wanting to be carried to sleep(where he'd sleep like a koala bear)... He's been sleeping on his tummy since 2nd week, he's now 7 weeks old.

3) Any mummies putting bb to nanny? I will be in abt 4 weeks time, before I go back to work. Want to know what are the considerations I should have, esp with mattress cos he sleeps on tummy. Should I get the hard or soft type mattress?

stork bite:
my gal has 1 too, on her eyelid... pd told me 1st thing after he examined her when she was born... and assured us tat it'll go off in time to come...

Yan
I understand what you mean by 'training' baby to self-soothe. Sometimes I got no choice I also let him cry but I try to carry him more and I don't mind cos I think (sadly) that I'm done with having babies so this is my last so I cherish each moment and carry him as much as i can before he gets too big and heavy for me to carry *sob sob*.

Hi mummies
need some advice here. i'm gg overseas for a week. thinking of express my milk over there. think can ask hotel to store in their freezer but dunno how to bring back to singapore.
any suggestions?

Back