(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Hi Chrisse26,

Glad to hear that everything is doing good for you..was quite concerned for you when I read your message.

Btw, I am also big size and hopefully wont put on too much weight during preggie...

Did your gynae give you mc for bedrest?

Morning Girlfriends.. =)

I spotted twice yesterday. Different Times. I have been monitoring myself. Slight discomfort at abdomen area but nothing really painful. Gynae mentioned brown spotting is OK but not fresh red blood.. that must go to see gynae immediately.

A piece of trivia is my mum says spotting is because body is heaty. So take more water, because of the folic acid we take everyday. oh and milk is good if u can drink it now but not cold milk.

The nurse at the gynae saw my hands and noticed I had enzema and psoraisis and she advised me to start applying cream / oil to the stomach and bum area already as the skin is beginning to stretch so will cause irritation to my already sensitive skin.

Gerrydin, No I was not given any mc for bedrest, but was just asked to take duphaston pills 2 times a day.

Hope the above helps! Jia You MTBs!!

Dear all MTBs,
I'm extremely new to forums so..bear with me!
I just seen my gynae last Tues and he confirmed my pregancy and my baby sac is about 5 weeks old. The EDD is 10 Feb. So i guess that's the Ox's head?

I've been feeling tired and hungry all the time. Gynae told me to drink more water and since I'm kinda big size, he told me to watch my weight too. So i dont really dare to eat too much.

This morning, I went for the Anlene mile run. Didnt dare to run, just brisk walked alittle. Felt so tired after that. Planning to nap .. but posting this message while waiting for my hair to dry. Haha.

Well, my issue here is, I'm not exactly estatic about being pregnant. in fact the thought of it freaks me out! Im scared of the pain and the coming responsibility. The thing is, my husband is extremely excited about this. In fact, he planned the date that we should do the deed and i just went along with it. Hee... silly right? We've been married for 3 years already la.

And also, another thing that will stress me is... the gender of the baby. My mom is quite "zhong nan qing nu" meaning favour boy la. I have an elder bro who just got married btw and Im the youngest in the family. Sigh... I'm just feeling quite sian lor.

Please ladies, pass some happy dust to me leh! How to make me excited!! I want to be a happy mother so that my kid will be a happy kid!

<font color="119911">peach</font>
Dun be sad, it's just the anxiety that comes naturally in all new mothers. You'll have to think positive.
happy.gif
It's really not that painful; you can opt for epidural. The pain after the epidural wears off is just temporary and not as bad as you think it will be (really!). If you have low threshold of pain, take the painkillers, they do help. You will also forget about it when you see your baby. Think of all the fun things that you can do with your baby: if it's a girl, you can dress her up. If a boy, you can have fun playing sports with him (looks like you like exercise since you went on a run). They are really a bundle of joy and you will feel it even more when you have delivered them. It's true that they come with a huge responsibility, but your mother instincts will kick in and you'll definitely be able to face it.
Can't say much about the gender though, except that these days, if everyone were to have boys, then who will they marry? :p
Take care and stay happy preparing for the baby k.

hi sandy A, my AF reported on sat morning when i just prepare the test strip...so i cant join u ladies already..will try again next cycle. u take care ok. weekender ? how abt u ? good news to share ?

harlow all mummies! Can i join this thread? My LMP was 24 April, and according to the scan, i should be 5 weeks pregnant. Can see the sac but no heartbeat! I've had a miscarriage before and its driving me nutz not able to see the heartbeat now! I hope i can tahan another 2 weeks till the nxt scan.. *sigh*

Hi All,

Sad to say that I have to leave this thread. Had a early preg miscarriage last sat. So have to re try all again and start a fresh.

Some advise to all. Pls take care when you see brown spot. I had brown spot on Fri too then Sat I had maroon blood so rush to KK and realise it gone. I had no indication or discomfort during this miscarriage.

So all, pls be very very careful. Not to get angry or walk too much for the 1st trimister. Rest more. All the best to all.

Pls pass me your lucky baby dust again to me so hope to get preg soon.

Hi Saro, Pls remove my name if you update the list. Good luck and rest more.

Hi Serene,

I feel so sad when I saw ur post. Stay cheerful and build up ur health ok. Go see my chinese doctor, he is really good in treating pregnancy probs and building up patients' health.

Rest well, baby dust to u!

Hi Tofu, Thanks alot for your encouragement! Yes I've got a super low threshold for pain. Hee..real chicken la. But I appreciate your kind words. Hopefully my instincts will kick in SOON!
Actually, I hate sports. But just went for the walk to feel as if i exercise? ha ha

Serene, So sorry to learn about your case. Thanks for the advice though. Recently at work, I've been getting angry and anxious alot. Hope this wont affect my little bean. I will watchout for those spots though. Is it normal to have spots?

Oh by the way, did any of your gynae says you can swim or brisk walk even at this early stage? My doc says to swim and cos im fat too la. Ha ha

Hi MTBs,

Will like to join in this thread.. Tested positive a few days back and EDD is most likely to be around 20 Feb. This is my second pregnancy. My eldest is 2yr old.

Hope everyone here will have a smooth pregnancy.

Cheers,
Angel

serene : I am so sorry to learn of your situation. Take a big hug and rest well. Good to consult a TCM doctor to build back your health. They may give medicine to strength the womb.

lilwizlet (babywiz) : Welcome to the thread... Don't worry too much. I too had a miscarriage some years back due to no foetal heartbeat and have been trying for at least 3 years. I do feel very anxious about my current pregnancy. Went to see the gynae just now and can see the water bag but no heartbeat yet.I am now about 5+ weeks.In view of my previous miscarriage,gynae is requesting for me to see him on a weekly basis to monitor my situation.I am also praying that I'd be able to see the heartbeat by my next appt next Wed, which he said should see. Don't worry ok? Let's support and encourage each other. My belief is that if God willing, the pregnancy will be smooth..

Hi Baobao and Roxanne,

Thanks. I will try even harder again.
Just hope to have 1 again very soon.

Hi Peach,

Be brave ok. No fear in this world that a mother cannot overcome. Once the thot of your little bean, you will overcome the fear. This is the ability of a mother.

For me now, cannot even save her/him. So sad...

Hi all mummies to be,

I'm also new to this thread. I also tested positive last week, and went to the gynae and he said it's 5 to 6 weeks. I didn't take note of my menses period as my hubby and me were just letting nature take its course. but seems like that's the way to know the weeks and the EDD... When I go for my second gynae visit, will the gynae be able to tell me more accurately?

also sorry to hear about Serene's case. Good luck to your TTC, and I'm sure the stork will come visit you very soon!
happy.gif

Actually been following some threads, and it does worry me a little. I didn't know spotting has such impact. Now I go to the toilet often, and the first thing I do is to check on that.

wish everyone has a smooth pregnancy!

Hi Gerrydin,

Thanks for the hug. I was with TMC for 1 month plus and finally get preg after 2yrs of trying. Will be going back to TMC again. As the sinseh not bad.

Thanks for your encouragement Gerrydin! We share the same fears. Sighs.. being pregnant is so not easy. I'm trying not to become a worry-wart hehehee... Hopefully our l'il beans will quickly beat during the next scan!! Jia-You!!

My doc prescribed duphaston to stabilise the foetus, just in case. But its making so sleepy.. *yawns* Dunno how to stay alert during office hours..

hi all feb09 mtb....
congrats congrats, i'm from feb08 mtb, was at your stage one year ago... nervous, excited, happy, etc etc... hope all of you will enjoy ur pregnancy journey! it will be a memorable one. : )

Does anyone know if we can drink 3in1 tea now? I heard from my friend who just gave birth in Apr that during first trimester, dont drink green tea as it will absorb the folic acid.
How about the teh tarik can huh?

Hi PeachMoMo,

I am going with the kiasu better be safe than sorry approach. I am a #1 fan of coke zero and I have to drink that everyday before I found out I was +ve, now I avoid all sorts of tea, coffee and coke, as long as it has caffeine in it.

Yo lilwizlet,
I take duphaston pills too and I am extremely sleepy as well. But my sleeping pattern is changing such that last nite I slept before 10pm and this morning, "ting" my eyes open at 4am and that's it... cannot sleep back.. so I believe i will be very sleepy later in the afternoon. It's a difficult cycle.

Serene dear,
I am very sorry to hear what happened. The min I read yr thread, I faster said a prayer for u and yr little one. Do not lose hope and keep on trying and I'm sure u will succeed very soon.

i find it's even harder to pass the time in office when we are all worried and anxious. sigh..

Hi PeachMoMo
Caffeine can cause a loss of calcium as well as other minerals. If you can, refrain or drink a little only if you have too
happy.gif
Now its tougher on our bodies as we're starting to provide for no.2 already! Oh, do rmbr to take multi-Vits * folic acid as it'll help us to supplement our bodies..

Hi chrisse26
You only had 6 hours of sleep and it's enough ah.. oh dear.. later this afternoon will be tough to get back, esp after lunch! heh heh.. The doc prescribed me to take the pills 3 times a day, but i cannot tahan, decide to take 2 times a day instead. It's really a sleeping pill in disguise hehe

Dear Serene

Do take care. Nurse ur body well.

Morning all MTBs.....

Sandy EDD 4-6 Feb 2009
Roxanne EDD 05 Feb 2009
Baobao EDD 09 Feb 2009
Chrisse26 EDD 09 Feb 2009
2boys_mum EDD 12 Feb 2009
Saro EDD 14 Feb 2009
Ppbbxhz EDD Mid Feb 2009
Babythad EDD 18 Feb 2009

Anyone else wanna update the above
happy.gif

Hi Saro.. me lor.. EDD 10 Feb 2009.

Lilwizlet
I only take the folic acid and one natal vit given by my gynae. Nothing else. I read somewhere to eat broccoli, cabbage, oranges and some other stuff for folic acid. So I went to buy navel oranges. Yummy!
And my vits are taken only once a day.

I WANT COKE! Hahaha.. me love that.

Sandy EDD 4-6 Feb 2009
Roxanne EDD 05 Feb 2009
Baobao EDD 09 Feb 2009
PeachMomo EDD 10 Feb 2009.
Saro EDD 14 Feb 2009
Ppbbxhz EDD Mid Feb 2009
Babythad EDD 18 Feb 2009

Hi All Mami,

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has 20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food (including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help. I am currently engaging her to do confinement with my 2nd kid. You can contact her at +60176088006 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP). Btw, she is a PR and hence, don't need a work permit to work.

dear ladies,
i'm from the Jan 08 thread, but will be joining you gals cos my EDD is now set at 1st Feb. only aft 12 weeks then able to tell accurately the EDD, for now its 1st Feb.

Saro, can you help me to update please? I'm seeing Dr. Caroline Khi. Anyone seeing her too?

Sandy EDD 4-6 Feb 2009
Roxanne EDD 05 Feb 2009
Baobao EDD 09 Feb 2009
Saro EDD 14 Feb 2009
Ppbbxhz EDD Mid Feb 2009
Babythad EDD 18 Feb 2009
Samval EDD 1 Feb 2009

ladies, this was what i posted this morning in the Jan thread:-

i had the worst nite of my life last nite. i think i'm having some kind of depression. last nite aft dinner i suddenly felt so restless. watch tv and read books to try to calm myself but i just couldn't. i was feeling very jittery and felt like banging my head against the wall. hubby so scared, so immediately paged for doc. but she was on leave, so spoke to her partner, joycelyn wong. she asked us to go immediately to TMC 24 hrs clinic where the GP will wait there for me and give me a jab to calm my nerves down.

so we took cab and reached there. i was feeling worse, kept praying and praying loudly and alot of ppl were looking at us. i was so scared that i might do something funny and i felt that i was was going to die at that moment. i seriously dunno what happen to me. finally doc gave me jab so make me drowsy so i can sleep. but still cannot. he ask me to admit. i told him off that i dont want. then he suggest that we go down to IMH (woodbridge) for assessment. i don't think i'm that bad, but i really dunno what came over me.

doc said could be pre-natal depression and he has seenmany preggie ladies like that. i'm feeling much better now. managed to calm down about an hour aft the jab. went straight home and slept. just woke up. i'm on MC today.

so ladies, not to scare you, but just sharing with you my case. take care and please go and do things that makes yourself happy, like shopping, getting your hair done etc.

if you all experience the same thing as me, please get in touch with your gynae immediately. its scary.

take care.

Hi Ladies,

Got a BFP this morning, I should be 4wk + 4day. I am worried bec i had a MC in Jan'08, should i see a gynae now? or wait for 1 more wk when i am in 6wks?

My hubby say dont see gyane too early bec if i dont see the sac now i will get worry again.

What about you ladies u all see a gynae immediately?

hi kiki: i agree with your hubby. i was exactly 4 weeks when saw gynae and wasted time cos cant see anything at all in the scan. then went back at 5 weeks only to see one small dot. then again at 6 weeks plus to see heartbeat. so imagine during these 3 weeks, i was so anxious cos cant see anything and i'm torturing myself. if can wait, wait till you are at least 6.5 weeks like that. unless you have bad cramps/spotting then go and see immediately.

Hi Samval,

Thanks for the feedback, makes me more at ease. Beacuse i have bad experience, can't help but worried okie shall heed hubby advice wait till i am 6wk+ in early Jul then see gynae.

I still have the duphaston left over from 1st preg in Jan'08 can i take or need to seek advice from gynae? Beside the sleppy spell other side effect?

Hi kiki,

I'm about 5 weeks.. i've made appoinment to see a gynea on this friday.. i dunno if this is too early to see anything, but just wanted to see her to make sure everything is ok.. :p

Hopefully by friday, we could see something at the scan... and, partly due to i have no other symptoms except for funny taste buds.. which i wonder whether it was due to me being over-sensitive.. :D

I've been worried about the well being and growth of the baby.. but i cannot agree more with Gerrydin that if God willing, this pregnancy will be a smooth one..

So, just pray and hope for the best..

hi kiki,

i had spotting last week, so i went to see doctor and did a v-scan. couldn't see anything. only able to see when i went back 2 days later to see the doc(abt 5 weeek). so its better to see gynae at least 5-6 week, unless u got bleeding/spotting.

kiki,
happen to chance upon this thread and would like to share with you gals my experience.

Since you have a history of MC, i suggest giving ur gynae a call and inform him/her about this pregnancy and see whether u need to see him or not.

I had a MC and 3 months later i was pregnant again n yes, seeing gynae too early can be very stressful as things look uncertain esp before 6th weeks. but in my case, my gynae checked and monitor my HCG via blood tests and gave me Duphaston from the very beginning. but all the tests are very assuring. i also had 2 episodes of bleeding in the 1st trimester.

all these are the past and i feel blessed as my boy is coming to a year now...
happy.gif

hi kiki: i also had MC before that's why i was so worried that decided to see gynae at 4 weeks. i think you can still take the Duphaston twice daily since you have a history of MC. suggest its better to give a call to your gynae to let him/her know abt it.

hello saro
Could you add me to ur list. My EDD is 14 Feb. Thks!

Peachmomo
Yeah, those stuff has folic acid. It's ok to take more coz our body will flush out excess of the folic acid. Later on must start drinking milk for calcium. I drank Annum chocolate the last time, its yummy! hehee.. But super fattening *opps* I gained a total of 28 kilos during my 1st pregnancy hehehee!

Hi Samval
Are you feeling better already? Have you been feeling worried and anxious lately over your pregnancy? Don't worry too much. Talk to your hubby and mummy friends more to share your thoughts k! *hugz*

kiki
I agree with the other mummies. I saw the gynae too early (at 5 wks) so could only see sac but no heartbeat yet. Doc said to see him again in 2 wks time. But ah, having a MC b4, i'm trying not to become a worry wart thinking abt it! =S

<font color="ff0000">Mummies</font> > It's time to start putting on piles of moisturizing cream on your tummy, breast, bum and butt, hopefully will prevent or minimize stretchmarks k!
kao_babydust.gif

Hi Mummies,

Check with you ladies, do you have the crampy feeling? I can feel the cramp on &amp; off but its not painful lar.

Just wonder does this only happens to me?

Hi Mummies,
I had called up the clinic, my gyane only available on 5th Jul by then i will be in 7th wk.
The nurse advice, do not carry heavy stuff, remenber to take Folic Acid and monitor myself. If there's spotting/bleeding need to call them immediately.

Morning KiKi_koro,

I get the cramps or the pokes in the lower abdomen, sometimes left, sometimes right side.
It's not painful until can faint but more of a discomfort, also lately, I can feel my lower tummy stretching, a tight pull kind of feeling.

so ya I agree like what lilwizlet suggested, it is time to begin lathering on the moisturisers , creams and lotions.

My facial therapist told me no need to spend money on expensive creams, the best is to use baby oil.

My staining has stopped and I feel nausea when I travel in the car or mrt, I'm scheduled to see my gynae at the end of the month when I'll be 7wks +

Hang in there ladies!

Hi Kiki,

I also have crampy feeling at my lower abdomen sometimes.. but not the very very painful kind.. I think as long as no bleeding and not too painful, should be ok..

Looks like i might be seeing my gynea too soon.. :p

Hi Chrisse,

It's great that yr staining has stopped, yr first time visit to the gynae?

Anyone announce your pregnancy already? Or need to wait for 12wks?

Samval EDD 1 Feb 2009 Dr.Caroline Khi
Sandy EDD 4-6 Feb 2009
Roxanne EDD 05 Feb 2009
Baobao EDD 09 Feb 2009
lilwizlet EDD 14 Feb 2009
Saro EDD 14 Feb 2009 Dr.Tham Kok Fun
Ppbbxhz EDD Mid Feb 2009
Babythad EDD 18 Feb 2009

Hi gals

Updated
happy.gif

Any ladies having any symtoms ? I will be seeing gynae tomorrow. Will update again.. I shd be in my 6th week now... Hopefully tomorrow can see something.

Anyway, i just check all are first time mommies ? I am and i am not young anymore... hee
already hit big 3 this year ? Pls feel free to share here.

Cheerios
happy.gif

Hi Babythad,

Glade that some mummies here had the same experience as me slight discomfort at the tummy area.

Hi Saro,

I am also a first time mummy 28 this yr. Tmr is yr first visit to the gynae?

Hi,

I am tested +ve on Monday but have not visited the gyn yet cos according to the calendar, i might only be 4 wks + only. And the result on Monday shows a fade double line...

According to my experience for my 1st child, i visited the gyn at 4 wks + but could not see anything.

But the problem now is i am supposed to go for oversea assignment next week and it is difficult for me to cancel off the trip...so i am stuck.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year so now quite worried too...sigh!

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum.. I have not confirmed about my pregnancy, but I'm getting all the symptoms.. stomach discomfort, feeling nauseous, and tired all the time.... My LMS was 5th May. Was thinking of checking with the GP, but what should I be telling the GP? Just say "I think I'm pregnant?".. sound pretty awkward to me:p

Hi Yup yup,

Faster do a urine test. GP can't do much, will ask u to do urine test also, if not worst case do blood test to check HCG level.

Your AF is missing for a long time, try using a test kit the result is quit accurate.
Watson having sales Clearblue preg test kit 1pcs @ $12+. I had brought another 1 to reconfirm my preg this weekend. I am KS or rather can't believe that i am preg.

Good luck and remenber to take folic acid.

Hi Gerrydin,

I'm the same age as u.. 32 going 33 this year.. so, looks like we're the oldest..:)

this is my 3rd pregnancy.. but i only have 1 child, who's now 2+ years old.

my 2nd pregnancy was terminated at 12 weeks dus to underdevelopment of the brain..

my edd also in feb..
went for my gynae visit last night but gynae said the heartbeat is weak and asked me to prepare for worse.

Back