(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

mercs:Lok Yang Way sale start from when?

cheekgal:the philips brand habdheld blender gd?I plan to buy one..which model is gd?

fluffy: Yup... realised Autumn Leaf responded to your question... I couldn't log in the whole of last night...

Autumn Leaf: Answering your question abt the sisters growth rate at the same stage...

#1 was born big at 3.82kg & 54cm, so by the time she was 3mths, she was already 6.1kg & 62cm. Today, she has slimmed down alot but quite tall for her age.

#2 was very light at 2.75kg & 51cm. She was only 5kg+ & 62cm at 4mths. Today, only 9.5kg & 83cm

#3 was born shortest among the sisters at 3.05kg & 49cm. But her growth rate is similar to #1 & has kind of caught up in that sense...

I guess each bb is individual & my HB does not allow me to compare... even among the sisters... every time after a DA, I'd take the 3 gals' health booklet & 'study', go on web & check benchmarks... then HB will scold me... say not to be obsesed with comparison as long as they are healthy... hahaha..

mercsboy:thanks for the info,had cut out the advertisement,will ask hb if he wants to go on sat.but by then,still got things to buy or not?Kyler in IFC.. have u given him semi-solids to eat?wonder next time do we need to give them cereals or they will cook ar?

cjteng:i bot a blender from john little over the weekend.it had quite a lot of functions and he demo in front of us,can grind ikan bilis/rice into powder and grapes (including skin and seeds) into juice.very easy to clean,just put into water and dun have a lot of spare parts to clean.RP at $69.90 but if pay cash, got additional 20%.think the brand is U-turn..got one year warranty so we bot one and try.can even make ice-cream and blend ice.keke..

Pluf, can't recall, I bought so much stuff that time. But it is brand new in the box so still more ex than second hand. Mothercare selling at $259.90. Sorry can't recall.

daymoon: orange colour one rite...its U-Like..i also got that...

oh...the IFC will provide cereals for them..nestle brand one. but i have to try feeding him 1st at home, then inform them...
btw, u check with yr IFC do they clean their inside of mouth, coz my side & SIL side dont do the cleaning of inside of mouth...so we got to do it at home...they said for hygiene purpose.

i wont be going to the lok yang one...too far..and i dont think got anything else to buy!

chere: i bought Wakodo brand. it is only one japanese brand found in sg. Got it from Meidiya supermarket at liang court. hubby thinks i am nuts to go all way there to buy FM from my workplace during my lunch break.
quite exp, $46 for 850g. only 1 size.
My MIL commented Enfalac is bit heaty. that was why i bought new jap FM.

cjteng: i know nuts abt blenders and electronic stuffs. it is not in my department. hehe

emq: i agree with yr hubby. it is very stressful to be obsesed with comparison. as long healthy and growing well, all is good.

pluf: the jumperoo sells for $180 at the sale. but i got it 2nd hand not too long ago at lower price.

pinkie: can ryan's feet touch the ground when he is on jumperoo?
mine does not, only can tip toe. he cannot stay there long, he cries after 10mins after looking around the toys. i hope when brayden's feet can touch the ground, he will be happier jumping.

Cheekygal, same as brayden, ryan is tippytoe only. In fact the first time I put him in last week, he was tippytoe on one foot only! So that's why we don't use it often, even when we use, it is only for 5 mins.
Actually the instructions say the baby's toes to touch the ground, so maybe ryan can qualify soon.

mercs:eek:kie.thanx.

daymoon:wowo..sound nice of your blender.What brand was that?got any picture to show??kekeke

cheeygal:haha okie.
happy.gif

oh toy sale again? if anyone going, please report good buys... hehe...

kamy, you dun accept pm leh... sms me ok?

mercs, the sling can support bb head meh? cannot leh...

oh, btw, those ordering S1, is brown! not black!

dazed: oh, what type of brown? those beige colour like s3? btw.. most prob i wil be getting from u on fri night @ ur mum place like last time, ok? thanks!

pinkie: my cayden also can tiptoe when hes in jumperoo.. hubby said shd be like that, if both feet r fully on the ground, it means hes too low, gotta adjust him higher liao
happy.gif
but i tend to notice hes always leaning forward leh... any of ur bb also like that?

oh yes, if toy sale got any gd buys pls share w us
happy.gif

fluffy: ur bb is a tall girl!!

mummies: those of u who have started ur bb on weaning, or with experience (emq, cherryale) u guys spoonfed or added into milk?? anyone using pigeon bottles? does Y teat really help better in them sucking milk + cereal? or shd i change to L teat? pls advise.. Thks!!

Blessedmum : I feed Alder cereal with spoon, didn't add into milk. He love it but a bit messy cos sometime his tongue will push out the cereal instead of swallowing.

pinkie: haha! think ryan will qualify soon lah sure will enjoy the jumperoo wan..

laugh: u gave how much cereal? 1 tsp cereal b4 addin in water?

mercsboy:haha,ya,U-Like,i rem its U something.u tried liao?my hubby so fascinated by it,that night made longan dessert with the new blender.ya,i realise they dun clean too,cos i saw my boy's tongue thick thick with white stuff last week.u started with solids liao?thinking whether shld give them the bottled cereals or their food?think they have someone to cook for the babies everyday.

cjteng:i try to take pic and post okie.found it quite a good buy and quite amazing especially when he grinded the ikan bilis,brown rice (good for baby food next time) into powder!the 1 year warranty can bring to any john little/metro/isetan..quite convenient also. =)
so tempted to go toys sale and buy more toys for ZongHan.. haha.. hubby going to make noise liao.

daymoon:thanx:p No hurry.Ya Ialso temp to go leh..but my mum not willing to help me to look after my boy leh.haiz..sian!!

dazed: cannot la...i am referring to the pic...
but then hor...i let my hubby used hor...cannot lor..coz his tummy bigger...then maybe coz cannot adjust, i think short use ok

mercs: u finally on FB. i tagged u to lil kyler pics already. so that u can have more pics in FB.. haha...

miaiko: y u looking for milk powder samples??? u haven decided what powder to give charlotte???

cheekygal: i bought my blender frm philips too, frm the robinson sales last weekend. hb buy one, i was surprised he buy leh. its mini blender.

dazed: sorry. I just realised that my profile had been set as such. I have changed to "accept PM". I didn't see your hp number. do you want to PM me again? thks!

blessedmum;
hopefully she will be tall... cos me and hd not tall.. the jiejie worst... next mth 2yo already only 80cm tall...

ni;
how's everything? hope u can find someone to take care of ur little prince...

blessedmum : i started off with 1 tsp of cereal + water and now slowly to 2.5 tsp cereal + water. As for how much water to add, we (myself & MIL) didn't actually measure, jus add bit by bit until all cereal dissolve with creamy mixture. BTW, i am feeding Frisocream cereal.

help needed!!

mummies... why do i feel very insecure whenever my MIL wanna take care of the bb? im ok with my mum though.. but just dun like my MIL to take care. let my MIL take care coz hubby says must be fair... am i alone here?!

daymoon: I'm also looking for handheld blender leh.do they have the live demo frequently? sounds amazing to be able to grind everything, incl ikan bilis and rice into powder!

since you all going to start weaning, are you all getting the baby cubes too? I'm considering cos won't it be fresher if we blend daily after we cook and not store it?

Shann,
U r not alone... Me feel this way too... That's y choose to bring both out with me wherever I go... Unless places they can't go then will close my eyes...

fluffY: i dun like to feel this way... hate this feeling man.. can somebody explain why? sigh... maybe we shd just learn to let go? (tried but never work)

fluffy: thanks for asking. lil Kyan is under my mil care right now..=) at least i can reast my mind when i am at work. but mil is quite old already, so i gotta source for some other options soon...

Ladies: i guess its fortunate that there is a choice. You can choose between your own mother and MIL. For me, as my mother passed away already, thus i only have my MIL to help me, in a way i also learn to appreciate her at times. At the beginning was really bad, i totally do not like the way she handles my baby, slowly i have learned to let go, ultimately, she is still a doting grandmother towards my baby, thus i believe she will try her best to take good care of him.

How to learn to let go? You will learn to let go when you do not have a choice....

Thanks for adding me in.

EMQ- wow..u hv 3kiddos..how old is yr elder? Are u SAHM of FTWM? I really salute u..I am stretching my hair now trying to take care of 2 though I am on ML.

Cherry- oh..it's gd to be productive now..hee..i mean i feel the age gap should not be too wide..for sibling bonding.

Fluffy- hello! I like to get to know u too..care to intro yr 2 kids?

my case is MIL not willing to take care & my other not so healthy. So no choice sends my gal to IFC. But recently MIL has hint that she want to try take care because my gal sick twice during 1st month in IFC. But I hesitate to let her take care, worry later she give one more “airplane”.

Ashley: sorry to hear abt ur mother. I guess I just have to JUST LET GO damn.... but really tks for the advice. least i know that im not alone makes me feel better.

Yiwen: are u BF? coz bb will be well faster when u BF. to choose btwn the 2 evils maybe u can let ur MIL take care and see if she is committed? maybe when she feel confident to take care she wont put aeroplane?

shann: I TBF my gal for 3mths & after that milk flow getting less & less & after that stop. I also thinking that but MIL say she only try so I still put my gal in IFC.

hi mummies:

last sat my gal geeting jab on 6in1 & roto, after that she no appetite to drink milk & only able drink 100ml. At first I think is normal but until today she stil the same & getting worse, now only taking 60ml in every 4hrs. Everything ok & also have bowel leh. Do you have the same problem? Now she is 4mths 6days.

Shann: I felt exactly the same way as you with regards to my MIL taking care of Jon. So I hardly send Jon over to them. But I hurt my knee, I couldn't take care of Jon. So I had to send him over to them for 2 days. My parents are not in sg. I guess i was forced to let go cos there's only so much I can do on my own. And when I realised I was depressed, I knew I had to learn to let go. That occassionally sending Jon over, once a week, won't be all that bad. Gives me a breather, some ME time. At the end of the day, they are his grandparents and they won't hurt him, despite differing methods.

Ashley: I totally agree with you, that we will learn to let go when we don't have a choice. I really close two eyes whenever I send Jon over to the in laws'. *sigh*

Back