(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Wah pengz. My second shortlisted maid just wrote my agency a short note and said she changed her mind about coming to SG. ARRGGHHH!
*Cross fingers for third shortlisted maid to actually get here*

Birthday parties: I think a nice, quiet birthday dinner with lots of sweet peas (David adores sweet peas) will be ideal. One large scale, fill-ceiling-with-balloon, unbelievably-huge-and-expensive-cake and too-many-guests-to-handle is more than enough for me. :p

Barney: I find it creepy and strange.

morning ladies
rainy fri.. how i wish can stay at home & zzzz.. hehe.

adel
planning for 2nd b'dae liao ah? mi n hb yet to decide coz we juz finish planning Jayzon's one. hehe. gg to sentosa for a staycation. Kayson one mayb trip to d zoo or bird park or dono lei. keke.

erm. mi also not a fan of tt purple dinosaur but i dono y kids luv it so much! lolx.

any mummies gg to young parents fiesta at marina sq?

morning Ladies! Wah I super long nv come in here...
scrolling thur the threads think I've been missing out a lot..

Godness...2nd Bdae parties...I havent tot of it yet too..seems like still very far away..
haha agree with Chantalle ..i tot "duan wu jie" just over & so fast have to tink of 2nd bdae bash...;p

Adel, yup tink this yr onwards they will enjoy bdaes parties more!

Erm, I also havent toilet train my boy yet...tried to but he refuse leh...haiz..

I koe some of ur lil ones have promote up to playgp le...mine will only go over next wk..starting to worried if he can adapt...nowdays he'll hide behind us when there's strangers, thou I koe it's part of their development but it would also mean harder him to adapt at the new playgp??

2nd Birthday Celebration
Most likely will have a small celebration among our family. Just a normal family dinner and cake, that's all.

Barney
I've not exposed Valerie to it yet. So maybe that's why when my mother bought her a Barney soft toy, she hates it. She keep pushing it away when we try to put it near her. :p

Sigh.. girls.. while our little ones know how to enjoy now about parties and birthdays.. Mine no.. She was being scared by the lighted up candles by my brother. Now whenever there are lighted up candles on cake, she will pout.. never get near and will always wanted to cry.. 2 times at my cousin bday, her tears rolled... Sianz...

I also dunno why Bryan suddenly like Barney so much. My neighbour just bought him a Barney pillow-like plush and he actually plays with it!!! Yesterday, he "offered" his milk to Barney then make fake drinking sound and right after that he said Barney wants to "orh orh" aka Sleep and took his barney pillow to the bedroom, placed it on his pillow and pat Barney to zzz! It was super funny to watch but personally I'm also no fans of Barney.

I'm hoping for a quiet celebration too since Bryan will most likely have his birthday celebration at school. BUT hubby wants party....:S Sian, not looking forward to the idea of having to bake 2 CAKES!

Luthadel,
My ger's birthday celebration will be a family affair liao. The last time I wanted to keep it to close friends n family, it became a HUGE kampong affair. So enough is enough lar... I dun wan big big ones where I am so busy entertaining, I look like a frumpy aunty in the photos. Like some the gals here, most prob choose a restaurant dinner and a nice little cake.
happy.gif

Barney: My ger has a barney that sings (it was my niece's toy) about brushing teeth. She likes it cos it sings, and she'll dance while barney is singing.

My ger's current squeeze is Elmo whom she calls "Mo". She can pick out that red monster when you show her a few other toys... So the theme of the cake is decided!
happy.gif

iemik0,
finally can use the elmo candle liao. :p haha...

snowger
hehe. i still got d goody bags n invitation cards at home for sesame st theme. lolx.

now shopping for mcqueen stuff for elder prince's celebration.

Aiyah!! eeeks! I am pissed with this!! - Taken from http://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/faq.html

I WANT COLD HARD CASH!!

What happens to unused savings in the CDA?

The usused balance in your child's CDA will be transferred to his or her Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) in the year your child turns 7 years of age. You may continue to contribute to the PSEA until your child turns 18 years of age and receive the Government's matching contributions subject to the combined CDA/PSEA matching contribution cap of up to $6,000 each for the first and second child, $12,000 each for the third and fourth child and $18,000 each for the fifth and subsequent child. The funds in the PSEA can be used to pay fees for post-secondary education in Singapore for your child and his or her siblings. The PSEA is under the purview of the Ministry of Education (MOE). More information on the PSEA can be found at MOE's website at: http://www.moe.gov.sg.

For children born from 2001-2007, the trustees will receive an option at their official address (as maintained by the Ministry of Home Affairs) in November in the year the child turns 6 years of age to choose to transfer the CDA balance into the PSEA or to withdraw the amount in cash.

Chantalle,

no big deal. then make sure you place your child in a preschool that can accept CDA .. that's what I'm doing. Sure can use up lar. Even medical stuff u can use the baby bonus. very fast finish.

My gal also know barney from the DVD.....so we buy her a soft toy Barney cos she keep saying "Barney..." n she can reply forever...
sad.gif

Then she know sesame street (Big Bird/Elmo/Bert)..so PIL buy soft toy of each for her....
N my sis is a Hello Kitty fan...so she got alot of tt at my mum's hse...
Faint...
She treat each of them like her baby, pat them sleep, give them her milk tt she dun want, her pacifier etc

Sam, yeah.. thats what my hb says too. Go to a presch that accepts CDA.But i didn't know about this until today i check on the web. Wonder why they didn't send out a notice to inform this new "policy". Do you know if parents are planning for relocation, what happen to this account?

Chantalle,

my boy CDA acct finishing soon. My elder boy is using the younger one acct. So it not enough for me. cos my elder one dun have CDA.

I just they are just helping ppl to tied through the kids young days ba. last time No 1 dun have CDA so not all children have it. Chances of if u have 2 kids and both use the CDA very fast finish liao.

Now is different cos those kids born after 2007 have it loh. that why they change ba..

Now u can just use your CDA acct for seeing doc and jab and cc usually accept CDA too.

chantalle, CDA ac finish very fast one..can use for Childcare/ use for Jabs / use to see doc / use to pay for stemcord/cordlife (if any)...
very fast finish ...

Thanks Jappooh for sharing!
I think for me ONE is more than enuff liao. hehe..Good that actually they are flexible with allowing other siblings to ride on the account. For parents with more than one without an CDA account will really be relieved.

Anybody got any advice for me? I suspect Cayenne is having Night Terror. Every night she wake up at exactly 1am and cry very badly. sighz.. i am sleepy at work for the past one week and my boss thought i stayed up to watch soccer! Today he asks me the score of the match last night! I said i duno wat score and he gave me that DON'T LIE look. AArghzz

Hey ladies..

thanks chantalle for the info abt the CDA.. i had no idea! that very bo hua for me right? Since Avery is not in SG and dun look like will be going to childcare or sch there in the near future! I always thot can take out the money when the kids turn 7.. but if that goes to the PSEA, and if Avery dont go back to SG to study.. what will happen to the money? We are still contributing to it via GIRO. Shd i terminate? :/

2nd birthday:
Ah.. i think this year i will have a small party for her since she didnt have a party at 1yr (i thot she was too young to rem and we are alone here). This year she has more friends and our lives more or less settled in Melb, think will have a small gathering with some of her friends, maybe at the zoo or botanic gardens with a picnic. She still loves her Sesame St (she has a soft toy for each of the character cos Dadi went nuts on ebay) so perhaps more Sesame st themed cakes or cupcakes. My friend passed me some of the Sesame St party themed stuff like plates and cups.. and an Elmo shaped cake tin. Heh heh

Nite terror:
My girl gets it sometimes and yes, its always around midnite to 1am.. she will suddenly cry and sit up.. occasionally she appears still asleep (eyes closed). I found tt it was better to leave her be.. cos if i try to pick her up or anything, she wails even more (like i just woke her up or what). She will cry for a bit like 5mins.. then suddenly drop back asleep.. so nowadays, i just keep watch but leave her be..

Been watching world cup everyday also.. until me and hubby also panda eyes liao.. but yesterday Italy match with Slovakia so exciting! Sad to miss the Japan match, the recap of the goals were fab!!

CDA
aurorin, if you are intending to terminate the CDA account now, can let me know the details, ie:Can cash out full amt etc? Thanks!

2nd Bday
Wow! Everyone got a theme already!! Cayenne fancies Dorothy Dinosaur in the Wiggles. Hehe.. any other kiddos watches that? Hi 5 Adel, Cayenne's green cake will be on par with Bryan's purple cake. Haha..

Night Terror:
Aurorin, at least Avery cry only for 5 mins and fall back to sleep. Cayenne kicks her arms and legs about and wail loudly. I am totally very stressed out. My PILs wanted to bring her to the TEMPLE MEDIUM, but as a mum who read up frquently, i could only say No and thank you. I think i have offended my PIls. Sighzz..

Chantalle:

Am discussing with my hub abt it. Guess to terminate or not will depend on if we are going to go back in the next few years lor. If i know the details, i will let u know.
happy.gif

Abt the night terror.. She used to wail for more than half hr (but of cos we were also doing sleep training then), i guess she (or her body) must be used to going back to sleep on her own by now? Sometimes i am also amaze how she can screaming bladdy murder one second and immediately next second she fall back in the bed sound asleep. I read it is better not wake the child cos will make them more disorientated and confuse (so cry more). Anyway, here's some suggestions i found..

How can I help my child with night terrors?

* Overtired children are more prone to night terrors so make sure that your child is getting enough sleep.
* Try gently waking her shortly before a night terror would normally begin. This will change her sleeping pattern and possibly avoid a night terror.
* Try taking her outside. The change in temperature may cause her to move into a lighter sleep.
* Avoid waking her during a night terror. She will only be confused and disorientated, and may take longer to settle.
* Once her thrashing begins to subside, settle her back into bed and she should quickly return to a deep sleep.
* If you think she might hurt herself, don't try to restrain her but stay close by to guide her away from any possible hazards.
* Don't discuss your child's night terrors with her the next day. As she will have no recollection of the episode, you could embarrass her or make her anxious about going to bed.

If you are staying with PILs, guess they must be really concern abt the crying so they suggested the medium. Ah, dun worry abt saying "No", you are the mummy! If they are offended, maybe have ur hubby talk to them. When Cayenne outgrows this phase, everything will be okie. Hang in there!!

Thanks aurorin.. that is most helpful and supportive!

Right, i admit that i am the one who cannot tolerate the crying and bawling and will eventually wake her up. Yes, she gets really agitated but she usually calms down after i on the TV and will go back to sleep again. Ok tonight i will try the method.. just ignore but watch closely. Guess i need to bring my IPOD to bed. hehe

not sure if u can terminate the CDA account but i tink it is ok for the funds to be transferred to PSEA leh..anyway, this has been the policy all time long since bb bonus is out.
If i m not mistaken, if the money is not touched till the child is in Sec 1, then the money will be returned to the parents.
For us, we are not touching Zach's CDA account so the money is accumulated with interest (though not much) n then time can be used for his tertiary education. I hope by the time he is 20, hv a sum of $$ to go uni or college.

Hmm... for the cda, all along i thought we can withdraw cash when the kid turn 7. coz might be planning for relocation in a couple of years, so might not be attending school here. But like evryone said, since it can be finished very fast with visits to clinic and going to child care, i am just exploring some possibilities. Thanks for sharing gals.

If the child's CDa is not used by the time he/she finish school, the money will be transferred to his/her cpf..money won't be lost ...i'm sure cannot withdraw the money..

Hi there,

Sorry to interupt.

I have two brand new Hippychick Hipseat for sale. One in burgandy and one in black. Bought them two weeks ago from this website (http://www.cutiesjuniors.com.sg/shop/storefront/browse.asp?cat=1000&path=1000) for $90 each. Wanted to use it on my son for our trip but he refused to sit on it.

Am willing to let go at $80. Please PM me if interested.

Attached is the link for more details for Hippychick Hipseat. (http://www.hippychick.com/index.cfm/children/Products.Details/product_id/15/subject/hippychick_hipseat)

Thanks.

YEAH! Bryan found another cartoon character that he likes :D Pororo the inquistive little penguin! I'm sure this will be a cuter cake design as compared to BARNEY! Woohoo! Just hope that he'll still like Pororo at his Birthday :p

hahahaha. announce on FB le ma. kekez.

okok. for d rest of d mummies who yet to go FB, im preggie wif my no 3!! lolx. now fingers crossed tt i don c another birdie. hahahaha.

so who next?? :p

weekend is here again!

oo mummies.. actually wanted to share ocean has a fall last Sunday, he hit on to a supermarket trolley and had 2 stitches on forehead
sad.gif
it is dame heartpain and I cried everytime I recall the accident.

just think I shouldn't let him roam in supermarket by himself, it is sooooo dangerous...

Iemik0
Congrats! That's good news. Wonder who's gonna be the next one preggy after you..
happy.gif

I've just started work yesterday. 1st day of work already so busy that I even work OT for another 1 and half hour.. -_-"

Littlevictoria
Oh dear! Hope he's fine now. Dun blame yourself. Valerie loves to roam in supermarket too!!! She'll want to walk around whenever we went to supermarket. She didn't want to be carried.

Iemik0
congrats! me wishing to have #2 soon! but right now its still the wishing stage, havn't come to the trying stage yet :p when is your edd??? so exciting

LuthAdel,

woohoo! .. Pororo is cute! much better than blardy Barney.
happy.gif

iemik0,

Come, I give u a ton of baby girl dust .. I have plenty left over from my 4 girls .. lol :p

morning ladies!
thanx for d well wishes! hehe. my edd is March. need to wait for dr to confirm actual date. =)

sam
goody goody!! luv baby ger dust! lolx.

iemiko,

congrats!! U are so brave.. hee..

Phly,

u having a gal?

I didnt go FB for sometime already so loss touch with alot of news here.. Hee

littlevictoria,

you must be very heartpain. My boy gena sting by bugs (i guess) and have 2 big bao and is hard. I still liao already heartpain. SO i can understand how u feel.

The stage our kids at is they like to explore by themsleves so hard to watch them 100%. So dun blame yourself ok.

Back