(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

maureen/bubblepearl, we've been using drypers since she's 2 mos..so far so good, i've tried huggies comfort (blue one)but cannot use for nite time cause will leak, onie use it in school, usually on wkends, i onie change her drypers in the evening frm around 1.30-2pm when i bath her..so can last the whole afternn but huggies cannot, yesterdae, it just leak all over my stroller and hippiechick...mommy poko is good too but too ex leh...

iemik0,

NTUC is selling a 900g at $32.75. I bought it during the the promo at cold storage at $28.65 with a free bottle of ready to drink which NTUC selling at $2.70.

Last thur i kaisu lar go and get 6tins at 1 go and they delivery to my hse loh.. Hee

aurorin, u need me to bring over to melbourne when i go over in May? Let me know ok..hehehe.

i use pampers active for nite and nepia for day.. pampers is quite expensive n luckily he onie use one piece per day unless he accidentally pooped in his pants..hahaha which rarely happen now cos he will wait till i bring him to the toilet or potty..keke.

We tried to switch Bryan from Gain IQ Procalci to the new advanced formula over the weekend by just adding 1/2 scoop to the old formula and guess what, he anus turned bright red. *sigh* Looks like we will have to change to Enfa liao.

Anyone with the same problem when you switch from Gain's old formula to the new advanced formula?

iemik0,
E tutu training is underway! Keeping fingers crossed that N can wean off...
happy.gif
*WAHAHAH!* I oso use cold turkey... keke...

Evil mummy

Jappooh,
I understand from my friend tat she buys hers thru her auntie who works in a clinic. Apparently she shares one carton of the milk with another friend. Cos there is a minimum order for the milk...
happy.gif
Too bad my ger dun drink lar, else sure save a lot one... HAHA!

bur,
Drypers is good? btw, is the tape still like last time? As in is it still the scotch tape type? Drypers got offer is really cheap lor. maybe I shld try... Haha!

Hi mummies,

sorry to gate-crash your thread. I have 2 packets of unopened Pet Pet Diapers (L-size) & 2 packets of unopened Mamy Poko Value Pull-up Pants (L-size) to sell.

Please PM me if you are interested to buy them.

Thank you!

snowger,

ya i do see some clinic sell cheaper loh.. So i will check and see worth anot.

Sometime those big supermarkets have good offer so everytime i pop by and check.. haha..

Now so auntie loh

Jappooh,
haha... it's lidat one lar... Nowadays I go NTUC will oso purposely walk by the "babies" section to c if diapers n baby food got offer or not. then I skip the rest of the sections I usually walk (like instant noodles, etc).

snowger,

now go everywhere i will never miss the kids section..haha.. Nothing in mind to buy also must walk 1 round see good anything good on offer anot..haha..

japooh
oh. tt's cheap. ltr i sms my rep c how much i can get it at. hehe.

luthadel
my bois din hav prob when we switch to d new advanced one. so far so good.

snowger,

No need to courier la! She is drinking the vanilla one. I mixed it in her morning cereals and oatmeal before bedtime, so i think she became used to it. Now can drink from the cup at other times but just about 60-80ml at one time oni.

zachmummy,

thanks for the offer. No need la.. heh sooner or later she also have to stop one. I heard from some friends that can get pediasure balance at the chinese suburbs pharmacy or chemist. So if really need, i will go there get.

girls,
i have a pack of huggies pull up pants to let go. L size. Bought at expo. 2 pack for $28. I already used 1 pack. After using 1 pack, its really not suitable for Ashlynne. Any mummies willing to take over? Let go at $13.

Jowinbaby
I think perhaps Bryan is very sensitive to the ingredients. Can you imagine, only 1/2 scoop added to the old formula already caused such redness around his anus, cannot imagine if I give him more. Now that he is back to the old formula, he is ok. Going to switch him to Enfa to see if he is ok with it. Anyone using Enfa?

Luthadel,
Bryan manage to drink the new similac formula in the end? Cos previously he oso got some prob right? U can ask ur PD, it might be ok to let him continue on the similac formula w/o moving on to Gain.
happy.gif

Snowger
He is on Gain IQ now but the old formula. I called Abbott and the lady told me that the Procalci formula will be phased out soon. So rather than having to go through the hassle of bad diaper rash/diahorrea episodes, I've decided to switch his formula. Thus, will try to intro Enfa to see if he is ok, if not will try mamil and the rest that is available. Just dunno why he has such reaction to the new formula :S

Adel,

till date my boy was still on the old Gain IQ formula. I didnt switch to new one at all. Will try to get the old one if possible then see how it goes. I am also worry abt the redness part.

If i really cant get the old formula liao then try new one. Like u say if really cannot then change fm brand. My boy cant take Firso.

Luthadel,
It could be the ingredients in the new Gain tat he cannot tahan... Poor bryan. But lucky, Bryan not particular abt the taste of formula. So u can still try all other brands.
happy.gif
U not giving him soy milk liao?

Me still sticking to the Jap milk for my ger. Tat time wanted to switch but she dun wanna drink. :p OH!!! U wanna try Enfa on ur boi? I just rem I got 2 satchets of sample. U wan? I can pass u during lunch tis week. :p At least bryan can try the taste before u buy 1 tin...

Luthadel,
I go back tonite to locate the 2 packs. Took them out from the cupboards to put them in a noticable place and wanting to post in this thread abt the samples but still keep forgetting.

See u for lunch this week!
happy.gif

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

hmm lately we've been having random people popping up in our thread trying to sell something. Quite annoying

bubble
Thanks for the diaper tip!

iemik0
I find it strange lor 'cos I only added half a scoop to his old formula and it happened. Now that I switched back to the old formula his bum is clear. Will start to titrate Enfa this week and if it works out well with him, I'll just stick to Enfa liao 'cos very annoying to keep seeing his anus/butt in such redness and the last i want is diahorrea like in the previous episode :S

Snowger,

I just bought the pampers active from Vivo Giant, the purchase with purchase offer. You will see it on the right hand side aisle the minute you enter the supermarket. The normal price is $40 and if you go to the baby section they will not put up the promo for this. But i kiasu, I will always check with the cashier again when i pay haha

Ivy,

It's 2 packs in the box, each pack has 38 pcs coz I bought the Size L one. Yes it is pampers active and recently carrefour has 2 boxes for $59.90. Only thing is u need to purchase $30 first to get it at the promo price, but one tin of milk oredi cost me $28.05 so no problem hitting $30
sad.gif

Oh yah forgot to add they also having the promo for gerber biscuits at 3 for $18. Heinz biscotti is also having promo at $2.25 each. Some of the jar food for Gerber also cheaper.

I feel very auntie haha

adel, my boy's drinking enfa ever since i started him on FM. so far so good,no issue. If u need more let me know, i can pack some for u to try.
happy.gif

i come and spam the thread hahaa .. those havent got my updates.. i have new items on www.babbiee.com those who have preorder the stuffs from my there.. its on the way liao.. so will keep u gals posted!

btw.. a question. does ya kid always feel hungry everytime? my gal seems to have eaten her dinner and like so hungry after that still.. she still wants to eat mine food.. and worst lor.. my dog zaizai and she snatching see who stand near me got the meat from my meal.. and zy smart one.. keep screaming bao bao.. i really scare i overfeed her! but usually i touch her tummy is big i stop.. is this the best way to know she's enff? or they just duno how to stop?

fabbie.. hayden also eat alot de.. yesterday he ate 1 bowl of rice with steamed egg n pork then i gave him 6 strawberries.. then after that he still cry.. he dun understand when the strawberry finish liao.. he cry until like we nv feed him lor.. then we eating curry chix then he wanna eat also then let him try to shut him up and he so funny.. trying to take the curry out.. after that.. cry again..zzz.. so i gave him juice to drink.. then juice finish cry again.. zzz.. theni give water.. then he shut up!

today my wood's birthday.. so i bought a mango cake.. keke.. i'm sure hayden will finish alot of the cake.. he loves cake!

Fabbie
They still do not know how to control. Dun know what is FULL. So keep on eating.. Ashlynng too.. Like hayden...non stop... finish 1 big bowl of hers already, want our dinner, want fruits, want juice, want puff, want water..

Its us, we have to control their diet and not expanding their little stomach too much.

If she is not dropping weight, have regular meals, snack, tea time.. drink enough water, milk..take fruits, Thats good enough.

Jowin,
You're right man! Bryan also like dat. After his food he will automatically say "bread eh, bread eh" and point to the bread on the table. He can then easily finished 2 slices of bread on top of his dinner, then he will point to the carboard and say "biscuit eh" and if i said no, he will cry and go to my husband and repeat the scene. Like bottomless pit!!! Last night at 1am, he turned in his bed and even in his dreamy state he said "bread eh " ahahahaha...sleep also dream about eating bread! *faint*

good problem to have if ur kids wanna eat more food! Zach is the opposite..3spoon of rice and he dun want liao and can last for 3-4hrs and if u dun feed him, he oso dun care..
nowadays dun even wanna eat biscuit, last time still love his biscuit.. i really at wits end on what to prepare for him alr cos i tried french fries, onie few slices and he dun want liao..baked cheese rice oso like tat, porridge even worse..pasta is a no no if it is tomato base, chicken dun like, pork oso dun want, hard boil egg oso dun want, everything dun want lar..jia lat

Fabbie/Phyl/Jowinbaby,
So nice that your kiddos are eating non-stop. N is directly opp... She will reject once she had enough... She will however be whiny if we do not give her water to drink half way thru the meal or aft the meal or in b/w meals. Explains why she is still like less than 9kg during the last weigh in...

She does however whine for our table food (i.e. food tat is different from what she had) when we are eating aft she is full. I guess at this stage they are curious abt what we adults eat. I will just give her lor, as much as she wants. Tat time I feed her 1 bottle of Heinz beef casserole, she went on to eat Ikea meatballs, poached salmon and a bit of chicken wings + 1/2 mag mag of water. It's considered a lot for her standard lar.

Fabbie,
Just as long as u have a balance diet for ZY can liao.
Carbos for energy - in form of rice, noodles, mixed grains,
Protein for growth -i.e. meat, fish or even veg protein like lentils,
Veg - for fibre,
Fruits - for fibre oso I think.
+ enough water to remove toxins from body

One thing is for sure, try not to overfeed fruits or use fruits as replacement for veg cos it will result in excessive lost in nutrients.
happy.gif

Luthadel,
ur boi oso cute leh! Dream oso eating... ;p

zachmummy,
I agree with Luthadel, think can cut back on some milk. I do notice that when my ger drinks more milk (i.e. I up her consumption), she takes less solid...
happy.gif
A/c to Gina Ford, toodlers aft 1 year need min 350ml and max 600ml of milk per day...

I read in those toodler books that some toodlers will start cutting back on their food because they no longer have growth spurts so they will cut back on the food.

Aiyah, why cant N be like Bryan or Ash or ZY? Rather she eat more and ignore the fact that no more growth spurts...

snow,think jake is still taking around 1L of milk everyday...on top of rice,bananas and biscuits etc...he also likes to eat food from our bowl..

Can't wait for the week to end!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivy,
Tat's good. But every child is different lor, so have to trial and error. It's like tweaking ard to suit the child. Like my ger, she was born to not drink much. So now tat her intake is between the recommended amt, I am already happy. Tried increasing but her solids intake drop. So I just go back to the normal amt she usually take instead of forcing her to drink more milk...
happy.gif

Oso glad to hear from my colleagues n friends that their little girls weight was similar to my dotter's at this age.
happy.gif
So now, I am more relived lar...

hayden is 11.8kg!

haha.. n he justs eats and eats and eats.. later i go buy him more strawberries.. he loves grapes too.. but suddenly dun like banana..weird boy..

kath.. try white rice.. sometimes no need so zhong kou wei.. just rice hayden also wallop.. give him alot of liao he no interested

phyl, i give him the rice that we eat..infact when we were in Bintan, except for cereal, he will eat watever we eat but onie 2-3 feeds and he will push away his food.. mabbe the food was really bad or he is juz being picky. :p

i feel like resigning!
sad.gif
so political working here..

kath,
how come zach suddenly eating lesser & lesser? tot he's eating alot one all this while...

now daniell is like tat one also lor... he hates to eat rice, porridge... if i giv him tat he will only eat max 2-3 spoons, but nowadays i notice that he will eat a bit more if i giv noodle & bread, as for fruit he can eat non stop... his favie is banana, papaya, strawberry & apple.... anyway i hope he can eat more proper meal...

kath,
political? but every workplace also political mah, unless stay at home ;-)

Phy
Hahhaa u let him try curry? lol

Kath
Maybe zach is those.. hmm how to say.. dun wan to put on too much weight! haha

Snow
usually i just touch her tummy then i know whether is she enff anot.. duno right way bo.. anyway she eat 1 bowl of her porridge her tummy big liao.

Ade
hahhaa so cute lar.. dreaming of his bread! lol

Btw do you gals stil ster bottles? when can we stop ster-ing huh?

Back