(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

rachel
wat's jordan birth wt? kayson is 3.46kg at birth which mayb explains his wt now. hehe. he drinks alot when wif my mil but machiam like on diet when wif mi n hb. lolx. he on total fm - similiac.

Oic.....jordan's birth weight was 2.98kg...how much does he drink now? jordan drinks less nowadays...and depending on his mood, he drinks 5.5oz when he is in good mood (usually first feed of the day) and only 3-4 oz during the day...sien....wasted lots of my fm...he totally rejects frozen bm no matter how long i hv thawed it...and for most of the time, i gotta feed him twice for one single feed, meaning i feed him til he rejects, wait a while then feed again..

Hv u started Kayson on solid yet? When do u plan to do so?

sam,
your family photo looks beautiful.. let me know where to vote!

iemik0,
kayson looks so cheeky on the photo. heh heh So did you manage to find a nanny yet?

rachel,
hi & welcome! Must be tough trying to find ways to engage bb jordan... but actually if he can be attentive for 30mins, thats pretty good for a bb his age.
happy.gif
Ya, i also think crying for 1 hr is too long.. better if you can distract him with different activities/toys? Since bb is so young, crying is the only way they know how to gain attention.. dont worry, it will get better when they can communicate.

Yesterday my hubby and i was back in our own flat to pack up for our move to Aus (we moved to my parents in the meantime). Since our flat has already been cleared of most things, there was no cot for my ger and in the end had to put her on the master bed when she fell asleep.

While packing, suddenly i heard a loud cry and turns out Avery rolled herself off the bed in her sleep!! My heart nearly stopped for the moment!! She landed on her back and i was so worried that she might have hit the back of her head. Worse still, she cry until she vomited all her milk (was even coming out of her nose). I was crying the whole time we took her to KKH.

Piang... dunno what kind of mommy am i to leave her on the adult bed by herself... esp when i know she can flip already. All i wanted to do was to quickly pack finish so that we can all go back to my parents' place. In the end, my bb end up hurting herself becos mummy wasnt keeping an eye on her.
sad.gif

Spent 4 hrs in kkh.. and thankfully there wasnt any fracture or even a bruise on her. The whole time she was still babbling and turning here and there while under observation. Still drank milk and poo... Nurse say just obs for 72hrs at home to see if any vomiting etc in case of concussion. Cross fingers.. so far she still okie and like her usual self. Just took a nap. Only thing was she was easily startled last night even when sleeping but calm down when i cuddled her.

So, just a caution to all mummies here.. pls dun do what i did and leave ur bb on the bed even with pillows to block for any amt of time, esp when they can flip!! We were just lucky that Avery is okie but that risk is still too great to take. That moment of finding her on the floor crying her heart out will always be etched in my brain.

I have always warned about the dangers of bb falling off but still i let other things take precedence over bb. Having no cot where we were was no excuse. I shdnt have taken my eyes off her. Period.
sad.gif

iemik0
i hope to have a good rest man. but cant leh. i realise after i give birth so hard to sleep de.. cus of breastfeeding.. wah.. how i wish faster 7 mths over then i shall stop! hee

woke up to see my gal keep smiling at me i feel so happy! and she now learn how to show a carry action.. meaning i stand in front of her. slapping hand. she will lean slowly slightly forward with her hands open.. so cute de lor. hahah

anyway. since i got some male romper for my ready stock i use her as my model!haha looks like a boy! share with you all.

2411406.jpg

2411407.jpg

2411408.jpg

sorry about the big images =X

aurorin : OMG... Thank god that Avery is fine and well..Once, clarice also had a close shave. Hope avery will sleep well ya. Think still have to closely monitor her progress.. dun worry! =) i think maybe she will have a few nightmares these days ba. due to the shock tat she fall. then slolwy will be okai ba? *pats pats* ya still a good mummy ya. =)

jowinbaby : Thanks thanks. ehehe

wth.. i ask my hub do i get anything for mothers day? he say mothers day is for mothers who have 2 kids an above. -___- what a lame excuse.. im always in a urge of killing him!

aurorin.....thks for sharing ur experience with us, im sure it is a heart-wrenching experience....keeping my fingers crossed that ur bb Avery does not suffer any internal injuries and that she is perfectly alright!!!

fabbie,

the ducky romper is very cute ... !! Especially on Clarice. And I JUST received my stuff today .. thank you !! I like the rompers .. good for staying at home .. nice and not thick.

wa the big bibs really big ... handy when she starts eating. lol.

eh fabbie, my hubby also initially said, eh I not his mother what ... for what he get me a present ...?

wa i was unhappy lor. told him ya then by that reasoning, then we don celebrate father's day too la .. you're not my father what.

lol. told him it's to help the girls celebrate mother's day for me .. then in june i'll help them to celebrate father's day for him la.

blardy men.

auorin,
U might want to give ur bb "Jing feng shan". This will calm her nerves.

Nowadays I oso v frighten to put Nicole alone on the bed wo me lookin at her. The scariest part is Nicole not only can flip but she is learning how to tunnel herself foward using her feet (and lifting her buttocks). So she can really move from one area to another.

Recently, my heart neally drop when I saw Nicole flip around and nearly fell on the floor while in her pink cloth bouncer. ( I was strapped to my PISA...) My hb had a earful from me for not strapping her in place. :p

If there is no cot, the next safest place to put them is to either strap them to yourself, put them on a mattress on the floor or strap them in a car seat at home (crazy as it may sound).

Sam/fabbie,
My hb oso gave me a wierd stare when I ask him what can i get for mother's day. In my heart, I was thinking - OK lor... Father's day dun expect me to help u celebrate hor.

snowger, ya .. Calista too .. she can actually move her and there .. and quite fast too. So I try not to put her alone on the bed ... unless I'm there sleeping with her.

ya lor, our bugger hubbies. nevermind ... wait till June. lol.

shots by tomato look good too. since you've tried a couple of studios, any recommendations on which are good? planning to go for studio shots when aqeel is able to sit unassisted..

phyl, sutotin, thsnks for sharing all these wif us. I told myhb. he decided to put a mattress under zach's yao lan.

zach still cant flip but he super can move himself lor and lately he is crying to sleep in his own bed.Isn't it good??? He will cry ard 1plus in the morn n i will carry him to his cot at the next room, he will sleep till 5plus. Good thing that i can still hear him cry..hehe

Re mother's day, i got a Sony lappie fr hubby in my fave green color. Actually i dun need it cos my current laptop is still quite new but he said this is more portable and slim etc.. it's really small lor..haha. He said that's the least he could do for me since he never once wake up at nite to tend Zach nor change or bathe him..haha Guess now i hv to reciprocate for father's day liao.

fyi, i'm surfing fr genting..so cold up here till zach is suffering fr runny nose and watery eyes..haha.
Dreading to go back to KL or Singapore cos the weather is so so so hot..

sam
yeah the rompers are cute.. but it seems like abit tight fitting she was wearing 6 mths. faints. Ya lor. the big bibs is good when they eating solid food! hahah

Wah.. ya husband say that?! why guys are so weird!! i told my hub that fine no fathers day then. then he say NO. we got to celebrate cus im clarice father.. ?!? duno what he's talking lar.. then just now go sake sushi and eat.. he say. u kknow this is the surprise im giving u! here sushi sake.. -___- then end up i pay for the dinner. so lame!

snowger
aiya some guys are like that de.. give so much funny and topid excuses lol.. sometime think about it. quite funny. haha

even since Daniell starts flipping, he likes to flip whenever he is on his back... last nite he woke up at 4am & starts to flip again but after tat dunno how to flip back... so i had to keep on waking up & flip him back coz too dangerous to let him sleep on tummy at nite... & there was 2 times dunno why he go & lift up the bottom of the cot bumper & 'hiding' his head behind it... walau i really got scared by him ler so in the end i hav to see him really go back to sleep then only i can sleep... tonite got to use the sleep positioner to 'secure him le...

sam,
those photos really great... & four of ur angels so sweet!

iemik0,
both ur sons so look alike (i saw the photo in facebook)... they are cute!

aurorin,
i can feel how guilty u are when u saw ur baby fell off from the bed coz it happened to me before... last time my elder boy also fell off from the bed not only once but 3-4 times i think... reason is he juz dun like to sleep in his cot but prefer our big bed when he was young & tat's why always fell off from the bed...

mother day celebration
i asked my hubby wat do i get for mother day & he juz act blur & keep quiet... (angry!!!) maybe he (& his brothers) never hav celebration with their mum before so i guess he thinks this is no big deal... so even though there is no father day celebration for him, he also never mind one... haiz!

kath,
so nice of ur hubby by getting u a lappie as mother day's present...

kath ya lor.. ya hus so nice leh still know that and appreciate that you always woke up in the middle of the night for zach. at least he feel bad and know.. some husband cant even bother.. think that its right that we wife should be doing de leh!

fabbie,

ya .. Calista just turned 5 months old a few days ago and she is 7.5 kg. She also can't wear 3-6months old stuff aldy. Must wear 6mths old clothes.

ya la .. my hubby so weird - a few years aldy he refused to celebrate mother's day for me but funnily enough this year, he mentioned going for high tea to celebrate and also bring his mom and mine so celebrate together. I dowan la. FOr what spend time with HIS MOTHER?!! .. hahaha.

Wa Kath, Genting ah .. we just went .. hated it. lol. We din book a suite cos last min so end up with a tiny deluxe room. wa lau. so sian.

Ya the newer lappies are so slim and tiny .. I got the affordable HP Mini awhile ago ... so small and tiny .. just nice for surfing anywhere !!!

thanks luvudeepdeep
happy.gif

gill, it's up to you what you want out of the photoshoot. I've tried Tomato Photography twice already ... the other 2times was with The Studio Loft .. both have different styles.

thanks to those who showed their concern.. think avery is fine.. sigh.. i am very lucky. I think we wont bring her to our flat again while we are clearing up though hubby enjoying having the whole family there in our own flat, after all, its not quite to same being in my parents' house... But there are too much stuff to clear and place is messy. Better find someone who can help babysit her in a safer environment I think both my hubby and i blame ourselves.. but hubby was adamant that he wont let other pple (e.g. his parents) blame me for the accident.

snowger, i dun have jing feng shan at home.. anyway i am monitoring her and her sleep today was back to normal (no more startle reflex) which was a relief. Will get it if she is back to being easily startled.

jes, thanks... a few frens also reassured me that their bbs were all fine though they fell from bed but i've also heard of fren's bb who fell from the changing table and fractured her skull. Guess that's the thing about being parents.. we can always try to be careful but... sigh.. just need to be ever vigilant esp since she is still so small.

fabbie,
Your BB is sooooooooooo CUTE. feel like hugging her

Dolphin, my son also greenish watery stool, but dr says could be his dirty hand that cause it. Gave me some "anti" laxative med.

aurorin,
My ger recently oso like easily startled. Dunno if something happen to her at my MIL's place that I do not know about.

Sam,
I like the cover they did for u! I will like to take photos too. Maybe when my ger can sit up on her own bah... :p

I just shifted my blog to blogspot. :p It's pretty fun doing the formatting which is why I am still up... ts tsk...

morning mummies =)

i hav found a nanny!! hehe. nanny = my aunt n my sis. lolx. sis works on shift so when she's off, bb kayson will b wif her n when she's on duty, he will b at my aunt's.

thank goodess my aunt agree to help out as she is looking afta her 7mths granddaughter too. but my grandma will b there to help out so not so bad. hapi hapi. no need to c tt irritating family everydae. =p

rachel
kayson drinks abt 3-4oz when wif mi one. oso gotta feed twice like wat u say.

i intend to start him on cereal at 6mths. scare when he taste cereal liao, prefer it more dan milk. hehe.

aurorin
hehe. veri cheeky hor?

is avery ok now? monitor her closely. make sure no sudden loss of conscious as well k.

fabbie
veri CUTE!! hehe. outfit looks nice on her. =)

i oso ask hb wat he giving mi for mother's dae n he say ask ur son wat he wana give u. haha. i shall bring my son to nokia shop n tell him to kip pointing at d model i wan to hb. den ask him say d words pay to hb. lolx.

Hi Ladies,
MIA for a few days and see so many posts.. hee

Part-time job:
A fren of mine goint to give birth in a few months time. so got part time lobang. anyone interested can pm me for more details.

fabbie,
Clarice look so cheerful & happy in the new clothes.. hee! looking forward to recieving my parcel!! but hor i kaisu lei.. ordered 6-9 mths so prob Summer still can't wear.. haiz..

iemiko,
happie for u tat u found a gd caregiver! wow u realli daring.. show ur PIL face colour. ha ha also gd let them noe u realli meant biz.
Ur little one look soooo cute! aiyo wanna muahs him! keke..

hello iemiko
congrats in finding 2 good nannies! im sure it will be much more conv than leaving bb kayson to ur PIL....
happy.gif

i also intend to start bb jordan on cereal when he turns 6 mo...but recently he seems very interested whenever we eat...keep stretching his little hands trying to grab our spoon....

mommies...sien, my bb jordan now cant b left alone for even 5 mins liao..he suddenly lost interest in his fav cartoons and toys...keep crying till i go to him...sigh....giving him alternate activities/ toys doesnt seem to engage him for even a little while..can u imagine i gotta carry him even when im pumping? wad shd i do?

hi xuelyn, im very interested in the PT job u mentioned...i hv pm u....

mommies.....as u may know i was retrenched from my previous job and am currently seeking employment...i was working for a US MNC as a secretary supporting HR dept for nearly 3 years and have no problem working overtime and weekends......i'm hoping to find any administrative jobs, either FT or PT although i prefer a FT job...if u or ur friends have any lobang could u inform me? times are bad and im getting worried of not being able to find a job...
sad.gif

Thks in advance!!
happy.gif

xuelyn & rachel
hehe. thanx. im so hapi tt i had a veri good nite slp ydae. lolx. at least i know kayson in safe n good hands n wun hav to c them so often.

can u imagine ydae i was unpacking kayson's toys which i left at mil pl for him n found teeth marks on his teether? jayzon has nv touched tt teether so definitely not his or bb. so angry. dono y the 2 bois alwaz target my bois toys.

rachel
hmm. how abt getting jordan a jumperoo? im gettin one for kayson as he wans to b entertain especially when we having meals. hard for mi to carry him n feed jayzon at d same time. hehe.

iemiko....bb jordan still cant hold his head up very steadily wor...still abit wobbly like dat so do u think its a good idea for him to use the jumperoo now? bb kayson can hold his head well already har? dats so nice...think jordan hates lying down... he doesnt like to sit in his high chair (with back support) also...

hmm....i am not comfortable with the 2 boys bullying ur bb kayson esp when ur PIL oways side them....its a good idea to take him away so as to protect him...

has bb kayson learned how to flip over yet? actually im confused....i try to leave him on a mat so he can learn to roll over more...but he lose interest very quickly and wans to sit up more...so thru-out the day im shifting him up and down so he can learn to roll over and to sit up..is that how u handle bb kayson? do babies at his age want to learn roll over and to sit up at the same time? im worried that if i let him sit more he might forget how to roll? wuahahhaha i know im thinking too much....

iemik0/jollycow
hehe thanks. i think at this age baby tense to smile alot now hor?!

iemik0
my hub tell me say.. there.... ya baby give you mother's day present le. -___-

Sam
hahaha ya if its me. i prefer our own lil family to celebrate..more sweet hor! hehe

xuelyn
not KS lar.. i buy before 18-24 mths too leh. lol

btw. anyone knows where to buy car seat cover?

rachel
bb kayson can hold his head steadily le. tink tt head muz b stable den can use jumperoo. safer ba.

kayson luvs to lie on tummy afta he flips over den if tired, juz put head down which wories mi alot. haha. smtimes he forget to turn his head to d side n end up burying his head. oh ya, he flips almost immediately afta being placed on mattress or playmat.

at times kayson likes to lie down den smtimes sit up. if he wans to sit up den i place him on his bumbo chair n play wif him face to face.

fabbie
still unable to find d car seat cover ah? which brand u looking for?

Jes,
My hb oso. I think in their family the dun really celebrate stuff. It was oni until I was pa-toring with him, did I encourage him to celebrate birthdays n buy presents. :p

Rachel,
Initially my ger oso prefer to sit than lie on the tummy. So I still let her have chance to sit n also equally as much time on her tummy. I will usually encourage her to flip by turning her to the side. When her hands were stuck, I'll move her back to her side, pull her hands in position and she will roll back on tummy again. As it gets easier for her, she will flip whenever she has a chance.
happy.gif

But hor, I notice she only flip one side. the other side very seldom. U gals got the same prob?

iemik0,
Tat's great!
happy.gif
u've found nannys of yr choice!
happy.gif

wow.. so many posts on weekend but i no time to read.. this weekend seem busy....

Just share a little joy... today Ashlynne can flip from tummy to back.. just master the skill today when i realised she flip to her tummy already... then when i turn n see her.. she rolled out out the mat.. Lucky i put her on the mat.. not the bed.. nowadays really got to give her much attention..

aurorin..poor thing tat ur baby roll off the bed... heartpain...

N yes, snowger. Ashlynne love to sit more than lying her her back already.. she always lift her neck up , trying sit up by herself...N when she on tummy.. she seem to crawl, move in circles n move backwards.. so cute but i scare she anyhow fall or knock into something..

hello jowinbaby,

haha im happy for u that bb Ashlynne can flip from tummy to back oredy cos my 5 month old bb son also just learned to roll over on 1st May - the exact day he turned 5 month old!! heheh....even tho that means more monitoring and attention needed...

how old is ur bb Ashlynne? she is trying to sit up herself oredy? my son just started to roll over leh...

jowin,
Tat's great news.
happy.gif
V fast eh? My ger can roll here roll there too. So scared to even turn my back when I place her somewhere. Aft this, they tend to move quite a bit and cant stay within the space of the map/mattress... :p

so snowger,

you migrated your blog to blogspot? what's the address?

Haiyo .. Calista is some on growth spurt. She has been asking me to nurse her more frequently and so her weight jumped from 6.9 kg just 2 weeks ago (she was ill so I guess wt dropped and appetite lost too) to 7.5kg at 5 months old.

No wonder she pooing more often now too. Just now she pooed while in her Bumbo ... and it leaked ... *faints*

Kath,
thanks for the desitin cream =)

iemik0,
good for you. now you can have peace of mind.

Sam,
at least she'll poo in her diaper. aqeel just plain refuses. he'll start pooing, then screaming for it to be opened and only continue happily after his butt has been cleaned of poo. the little majesty..

sitting
anyone's baby attempting to sit unassisted? aqeel will grab on to his toes/knees to balance himself and can sit for a couple of secs. so cute!

hi rachel & gals
Thanks

Gals
Sigh.. i m very very very guilty as i gave a smack on my girl's thigh just now as i m very very fedup over her... nothing wrong with her actually but i m just getting impatient with her as she wanna play n smile with me n refuse to sleep.. Sigh...Oh dear!!.. I quickly hand her to my mum so that i would not smack her more..

Haiz.. wats wrong with me.. my dear girl just wanna play n even smile at me.. why do i lost my patience!!!!

I m so afraid tat i would smack her real hard in future... so young, i already gave her a smack on the thigh... sob sob

evening!

iemik0,
yay! So happy for u!
happy.gif
At least now kayson is in trusted hands, you can relax la.. things will turn out better now.

fabbie,
the duckie romper u have on for clarice looks so cute! but hubby say cannot spend money on bb's clothes liao.. she has too many! Some she wear once or twice and now she already outgrew them. Feels so sayang :p

rachel,
good luck in getting a job. its tougher now that the recession is going on but dun give up ya?

sam,
actually, pooing in the bumbo not a bad idea.. sort of a step-up from pooing in lying down position.. next step on to potty. Heh heh okie, but leaking is not so good.
happy.gif

jowin,
ya really heartpain esp when she cried until threw up all her milk. the scene was so heartwrenching! dont feel too bad about smacking ur bb.. sometimes its because adults are tired or had a bad day.. its good that you realize it so just keep reminding yourself okie? breath in breath out
happy.gif

today brought Avery to my in-laws place and hubby told them about the fall... they were very shock and sayang bb alot. Didnt scold us though my MIL hinted if she fell in my mom's place, i had to tell her it was actually in our own flat then she nothing else to say. After that, they almost didnt want to let bb leave their place even though its already 9pm...

Well, 2 days liao and Avery is just her usual self. So all's good! And she has been babbling ALOT. Though she doesnt know what she is saying, she's been saying 'Ma ma' frequently. And today, there was a couple of 'pa pa' too, to the delight of hubby. Again, i am just thankful she is alright or else we wouldnt have been rejoicing in all her little 'achievements'. Sigh.. who knew having kids can be filled with such contradicting feelings.. anxiety 1 min.. joy the next..
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

How is everybody coping with your babies? Sorry that i MIA for so long as i am sooooo damn busy with my new job and my 2 little princess.

Time really flies and when i went through their photos now and the time when they are born prematurely, it has been half year ago already.

Here are some updates of their photos taken last month
happy.gif

2414506.jpg

2414507.jpg

Glad to see some of you when you came to pick up cereal. Sorry to rush you all to come coz hubby working in healthcare so I clear all the pick ups asap better. Dun want to put any of you at risk when you come to pick up stuff from me.

Those who ordered the cloth books, the delivery is finally arranged for tonight. The lady in charge was soooooo slow. So fed up. Delay so long. Those who have already opted for mail, please confirm normal or registered mail & PM me your address. Those who have yet to indicate, I will call you today/tomorrow. If you did not give me your contact number, pls PM it to me.

Back