(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi Sam & ypg,

Thanks for your assurance. Ya, still learning how to cope with cranky baby. Hope I will be more "cool" and "zai" after some time.

Yes, thankfully, my MIL and SIL are around all the time to help me out. But it really stress me when I keep hearing her cry when we did everything to soothe her. Hai~

BB did sleep after a long time of patting and rocking, we do rounds the whole evening to pat her and rock her. But she woke up again after a short nap. Hopefully tonight, she will sleep well... Now my MIL is patting her to sleep.

Today is the first time she's cranky for such long period.

Just to check roughly how is the TMC parentcraft charges like? May need advice on how to boost breastmilk supply etc.

ypg
thats what i heard got expiry date de.. anyone knows?

Cocoa
i went to book appt of my baby i total need to pay about 80. consultantion everything added up lor.

fabbie, ypg,
if not wrong, diaper has 3 years of shelf life...

btw, fabbie.. ask u abt the baby swimming... i'll be bringing my boy to hwa xia tomolo, so can juz walk in rite? or need to book?

ypg, onie 1 jab leh.. i suppose those with 2 jabs cos got pneumococcol as well? Not so sure.. 6 weeks can take the jab liao, so i decided to go ahead bfore flying back next week.

Fabbie, not because of diaper. PD say cos got fluid. She drew some picture n but i dun really understand

emeraldbride,

thanks. confused when gerry say her bb take 2 jabs.

jess,

if 3 years shelf life, i go ahead buy liao. I dun think bb at 3 yrs will need alot of diaper.

for baby swimming, dun need to book. But the queue may vary. U just have to ensure ur baby is well fed, sleep well b4 she swim. So that she will enjoy it more.

ypg,

ya can stock up M & L size first if got good buy, for me i bought a lot of pampers diaper during last Oct sale, hubby said i kiasu... but really good sale mah if not i won't buy coz pampers brand not cheap...!

for baby swimming, i'm going to the outlet in punggol, hope not many ppl & hope my son can enjoy his 1st swimming...

jess
i think can walk in.. for puggol but im not sure for harbour pt is it crowded anot.

kath
i guess onkly ya hub will know?

sam,
ya... he simply cannot/will not poo in his diaper. its cute but such a headache trying to guess that its time for him to clear his bowels. he does seem to have a pattern so far..once in the morning before bath and once again at night around nine-ish..

seriously, no one else's baby is like that???

vacinations..
My son only let out a little yelp when jabbed and had a slight fever after his 1st jab.
Ladies who are going to the polyclinic for the 6in1, note that polyclinic does not offer Rotarix and Pneumococcal jabs...

Zach oso having fever now.. 38.1deg! If go beyond 38.5deg hv to send him to KK liao. His face and body all became so red..heartache!!
sad.gif

emeraldbride,

did u give him paracetamol? It really helps u noe. very fast the fever will drop.

My girl's fever was also 38.6 ... so poor thing she had this farnee expression on her face ... her eyes so big and round .. and her mouth also she formed an "O" shape... think she was feeling hot and didn't know how to react .. hahaha

ypg, your girl's photos so cute!

Ya la .. wanted to go ... my girl only gets out of Kinderland at 2.15pm .. by the time I rushed back and got everyone ready we left at 3.25 pm .. I sped like hell on the SLE .. then blardy CTE, massive jam .. I knew no hope of getting to The Studio Loft before 4pm ... so I got off at AMK Ave 1 exit and went home lor. My eldest daughter had ballet lessons at 5.30pm so went to Causeway Point and brought my girls to Macdonalds to have fries ...

sian. really wanted to take the photos .. so cheap some more. dammit.

hi gals,
Long time din post anything here liao... Have been the lone caretaker for my little ger aft CL left. And it was hell of a time for me trying to juggle my pumping time and her feeding/fussing times. So happens she will always fuss or wan to feed when I am pumping milk! Like on purpose! And it's driving me nuts. And the ultimate is she can wake up wanting milk every 1/2 hr (i.e. cry the whole house down) and drink only 10-20ml of EBM only!!! Can tell me how?

Gill,
How much is the 6in1 at polyclinic?

Fabbie/Jappooh,
Me oso had high fever before. Went to TMC parentcraft to clear the blockage (essentially it's a painful massage) n ss gradually went back to slightly below normal (aft some time). My baby dun latch so I just religiously pump every 3/4 hrs. Consultant said that once we hv a schedule (i.e. every 3hrs), we have to stick to it (sianz, if I noe I would have pump every 6 hrly from the start). My guess is if we dun pump when the time is up, the breast will continue to make more milk and when the milk is not cleared, it will leak back into our blood n cause the fever... Lumps have to do with massaging our breast before feeds/pumping session leh...

I remember not massaging my breast when I regularly extended my schedule for pumping (i.e. instead of 3hrs change to 6hrs)as milk will start leaking or spraying out...so tats when lumps develop and i got fever...

when your baby takes the injection, the pedia will give u a bottle and tell u how much to give to baby if she has a fever, dun worry.

Bunnipet

No need to buy 10 packs so much lah, i bought more because i got twins mah, so need to stock up more. I think minimum order is 4 to 5 packs. Currently i using Huggies Ultra for my gers at night. I would say of coz Ultra is better but more expensive also loh. But i find that Huggies Dry also quite good as its quite thick and soft.

Fabbie

The huggies diapers got self life of 3 years and the lady that i contact assure me that these are new stocks. I still scare i order 10 packs not enough loh. My gers use about 12pcs in total everyday leh. No choice but to stock up first. Coz she might not have stock everytime.

snowger, ur mil din help u?? u juz hv to beat ur bb's timing. Pump immediately after her feeding. if she gets up ever 1/2 hr meaning she dun hv enuf to drink? It could be her growth spurt u noe..so try to increase intake of milk lor. Alterative is to shorten ur pumping time to be less than 30minutes..but long run, we should get the hang of bb's characteristics ah..

Sam, I did gave Zach paracetamol and few hrs later his temp went down to 37! Phew.. i was so scared, every hr wake up to check on him...

I am so tired being cooped up at home. I wanted to go out for breakfast later but dunno whr to go that is not too crowded for bb yet must be back by 10.30am so that the cleaner can come to clean my house..sigh

sam,

since they got Christmas walk in, follow by CNY walk in. Maybe they will have other festive walk in too. If not, can wait next year. I think they earn so much, will do it next year again. Cause me already thinking of doing it next year also. Cheers up!

emeraldbride,

How ur baby? Fever go down? Usually after injection, bb will have mild fever but will go down quite fast. If not, bring him see PD lor. Hope he is better now.

emeraldbride,
how's ur bb Zach? is he feeling better now?
perhaps you can latch/nurse him more often.. he probably need some comfort too..

hope he gets well soon.. i think it'd be good to delay the next jab (bt within the age range) if he reacts badly to the last jab he got..

hi ypg, dee..zach's fever subside early this morning but the last reading i took at 8.20am his fever returned..so i gave him another 0.8ml of paracetamol. Hopefully his fever will go away completely.. he has really disturbed sleep last nite. Kept making noises..have to put my hand on his chest to calm him down.

Dee, i will clean him up even if he is sleeping. Napkin unlike diaper absorbs bb poo and will cause wetness, not good for his buttock..n if u dun clean immediately, it will leave a stain on the nappy, hard to wash. Ask me lar..i wash abt 1 dozen of nappy everyday..xiong!

ypg..

My girl had 2 jabs cos I wanted the pneumococcal one too.. Very poor thing.. I see the needle soo big.. and both thighs kena... Better hav a bit of pain than no protection.. rite..

But I'm really grateful that now Hep B is complusory.. My time it wasn't and I was only vaccinated when I was in uni!!

Emeraldbride..
I hope ur boy is feeling better this morning..My girl's fever also went up to about 38.6.. She was feeling super hot... and a little zonked out.. but now she is back to her alert and cute self!!

Ur next jab will be when zach is 3 months rite?? Mine is at 3 months.. It is not a bad reaction.. Can u imagine bb being injected with dead bacteria or virus... Having a fever means the bb's immunity is working and is trying to protect the bb from the baddies!! After this so-called 'fake infection', the bb will be protected!!

gerry, how long does ur girl's fever last? 2 days?
His next jab will be when he is 3months old which is in 6 March..hopefully he will not have the same reaction again..heart pain!

emeraldbride..

The fever lasted until the next morning... I gave her the meds in the morning and by afternoon, no more already.. My PD warned us that the fever usually will come in the evening or next morning... She says not to worried and just monitor 6 hourly as that is how long the paracetamol will work... but Zach's fever not as high as the nite before rite??

Yeah quite hard pain to see them like that.. but u make sure u dun wrap him up too much when he is having a fever (like how the older generation used to do)... If u want u can sponge his head with room temp water.. most important is to make sure his head is cool.. protect the brain..

Exercise,
Anyone's gynae given the green light to start exercising (jogging, cycling etc) yet? Went for my 6wk pn followup with gynae yday but completely forgot to ask if can resume exercising...

gerry, thanks!! I did wrap him up last nite cos we slept in the air cond room..but i din wrap till very tight..juz like a blanket covering him (using napkin onie btw).. when u gals say sponge, means how ah? wipe? or..?

gill, my gynae say no jogging or cycling yet for another 2 more weeks. Now onie can do brisk walking..i m at my 6 weeks after c-sect.

emeraldbride..

yeah wipe with a wet towel...Or u can place the cool towel on his forehead.. Must be room temp water.. no colder no hotter..

gill...
My gynae has given me green light to exercise.. I asked her about yoga... she ask me to ease back slowly.. no funny stunts!! Haha!! She said dun push myself too hard... I guess jogging and cycling should be ok bah... just stop when u are tired.. dun over strain yourself.. I'm at my 6 weeks normal delivery with epi...

gerry, is it normal for baby to be so tired?? Zach seems to be very tired..not his usual active self leh. His last feed was at 12.30pm and till now he has not cried for milk yet which is not the norm lor..
sad.gif

I placed a cool towel on his forehead, he push it away.haha..so funy. Now hb oso sick, having flu..thought today i can rest and let hb take care of him..sigh.

gill
no green light for me to resume running yet, post delivery gynae said my cervix was low, need some time to recover. Feel so sluggish these days... maybe you can give him a call?

emerald
you're lucky that zach wants to sleep, don't wake him up! My gal took a 3hr nap yesterday too

emeraldbride..

Yeah it is normal for Zach to be a bit sluggish after a fever.. Takes a while to recover... My mom says sometimes bb with fever have reduced appetite..

Haha!! bb may not like it.. my girl also like that push towel away.. but i took a pic before she can do it... Hehe!! =) well u better take care... dun fall sick too...

tamms..
ur cervix low cos have not recover from the delivery?? Try to eat some chicken essence. u may feel better since at the moment can't exercise..

gill...
If u are breastfeeding, maybe u can feed bb first before exercising.. i feel better if i remove the milk before exercising.. feels lighter... hehe!!

<u>NUK Teats</u>
I am still using the latex nuk teats leh. Didnt knw its no gd. I just changed to a new latex nuk teat after using for 6 wks.

Merydith, does it work for yr neighbour's bb when pd give the milk thickener? My gal vomits alot after every feed and even 1-2 hrs after feed. PD didnt give me any advise leh, just say that as long there is wt increase, shd be fine.

gerry
gynae said that my cervix was slightly lower than it should be normally, so I'm not supposed to run, lift heavy objects, squat or get pregnant for at least a year. To help strengthen the ligaments, I'm supposed to do kegels.

If the next baby is big, I will most prob opt for c-section or risk having prolapse in the future. Sounds scary right? am taking chicken essence now and started with Dom before bedtime

Fever after jab
My friend did warn me about fever after the 5-1 + the 2 optional jabs and told me to get the stick on cooling gel pad for babies. I bought a pack (pigeon brand) to standby since I'll be bringing Bryan for his 5in1 + Roatrix &amp; Prevenar in Feb.

Thanks girl80. I just bought one pack of huggie dry today to try. If boi boi likes it, then I'll go crazy to get it. I am a bit crazy now.. I alternate each diaper change. At nite, I use pampers and mamy poko. Day time I use huggie ultra and pet pet. I din noe that huggie ultra can use for nite too. Somehow, psychologically, when I see the huge thick pad, it makes me think it must be uncomfortable..hehe!! Like the way we use pads for period.
Luthadel, I din manage to go to baby avenue this week cos of CNY shopping. Had to go buy grocery.. it was like war sparring at the supermarket. Will go after CNY.

2ndbaby,
She said it helps but I din get the name of it. I think I also chance upon some of the mothers in this forum using it. Might want to do a search?

hi ladies
mi now den got time to log in. my boi now warded at kkh for neonatal pyrexia. temp at 5am was 39.7 so rush to kkh for admission. dono y he suddenly hav onset of fever. dono is it weather these daes not good anot. sunny n windy. haiz.

my poor boi gotta hav a plug on his hand, do caterization to get his urine n do lumbar puncture to get his csf to check for mengitis.

afternoon temp went up to 40.5 den they gave paracetamol. onli one dose coz they say he bb. sianz. lucky now temp is abt 37.3.

he hardly slept whole dae n i waited almost 9hrs for my A1 bed. they put him in B2+ coz whole hosp no bed. super sianz coz i don wan him catch other bugs from other. argh.

sori for my long post. =X

iemik0,

Ur boy ok now? Hope he get well soon. U also need to rest well cause u got to take care of him. Wat is neonatal pyrexia? Did PD say how he got it.

Take care ok.

Alright im going to get a 2nd hand BJorn carrier btw. anyone knows whats the difference of BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Original Spirit and Originial Classic?? Cause the seller is selling me Original Spirit so i would want to know whats the difference.

hope my gal like it! as i think she hates sling! lolx

Hi iemiko
**hug* for u... take care and wish ur son with fast recovery... Poor boy..

Hi Fabbie
I m also using bjorn carrier.. Dun Know which model, also navy blue.. I think its quite good leh.. very handsfree...except tat my baby feel very " trapped", she love to wriggle alot.. after putting her in bjorn.. she cannot wriggle, so tend to whine abit lor.. haha!!!

I tell u, yesterday 6pm, fedup.. the 8cm lump tat i mentioned b4, suddenly came back... 10pm, i have to do another round of hot compress, baby latch and massage and pump till lump goes off.. SIGH... I wonder why the lump still come back exact spot lor N i did not even prolong any hours of my pumping..

Back