(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Jappooh
i have fever 40+ fever too. and i let my gal drink. its okai to give baby drink. dun stop ya. if you stop u may pass the fever to her.

Mamy Poko
Yup! im a mamy Poko lover! in my MIL house i use Mamy Poko. At my own house my mum use NTUC brand. cus she thinks mamy poko is expensive. Anyway im going to ask her to change to Mamy Poko liao. Mamy Poko is quite lasting. is better quality that i felt lor of all of the pampers. ya velcro is good. if those sticker it always sticks on my gal -___-

Kath
I also use quite alot of diaper leh.. petpet.. fifi. pampers.. dryers.. or whatever cus i have alot of sample so all use! hahha

echo,
thx for your reply.

I have throw away some breastmilk this afternoon cos i unsure bb can take anot.

fabbie,
thx. I massage my breast and latch on bb. Now i feel better liao. Though still can feel the lump but dun feel so pain liao. This afternoon it pain till i can lift my hand. Will contine to pump, massage and latch my boy.

Gill ...

you're kidding ??!! Your baby is soooo clever!!! Calista doesn't care ... she'll happily poop in her diaper then bo chap can fall asleep sometimes after that. haiyo.

So your elder boy was also like that? awesome!! It's interesting isn't it ? .. that little babies already have their own preferences and personalities at such a young age!!

Baby Zach going for his 6-in-1 jab later today @ 12noon. Praying hard he will not develop a fever..me n hb really scared abt him developing fever. We should monitor his temperature every 2 hrs hor..

jes, same sentiment. I oso wanna introduce formula so that my baby can last longer but i realise this theory is not correct as well. First day when my CL left, i did let Zach drink 90ml of FM but he onie last 2 hrs as well leh.. dunno tat time he is especially fussy or not lar, do not wanna sleep..

hi jes
for me, EBM n FM is the same.. FM does not last my baby longer hours with Same amount of EBM = FM.. still 2-3hrs, she will wake up for feed..

Japooh
yeah.. jia you.. normally i didnt pump for long hours i can feel my arm pit pain too! I realize at night i sleep like 10 hrs without waking up and pump my breast will be very big. Pumping time will be extend and milk bottles will be up to 3 bottles. for the 1st pumping in the morning after i get up. 2nd time pumping i must pump after 3 to 4 hours and not drag like 8 to 10 hrs again. if not i would have lumps in my breast. thats how i realize it yday only! and i die die try to pump everything out cus its abit stuck liao. so i guess i can maybe 1 time bear till 10 hrs. 2nd time 3 hrs later.. 3rd time 10 hrs later. so mayb like that i have much lumps ba..

kath
u mean 1 month plus can take 6 in 1 jab liao?? im waiting for my gal to take when she's about 2 months leh.. They were saying that 6 in 1 or 5 in 1 those jap will have fever. So before 2 days must duno drink what thing. so that baby dun have fever.

morning ladies
my boi veri funni. dae time don finish his milk den evening time cry every 1.5hrs for milk. dono wat to do wif him. haiz.

fabbie
6wks old can take jab le. not all kids will hav fever one so not to wori.

luthadel
i mailed out d nepia diaper on sat. received? =)

Hi fabbie,
i find that my milk supply drop loh. Yesterday nite i let my boy latch. Now th lump get smaller but still there. After latch i pump out the remaining also. Only have 90ml lei.. Recently i also very lazy only pump 6hrs later. Specailly if i go out can pump only like 10 hrs. Maybe that is your i have the lump.

End of Feb i am going to HK. Dunno how to pump lei. Then later have lump again how. Dun wan to get fever when in HK loh.

morning ladies..
i've been letting my bb sleep on tummy during the day.. and could see that he sleeps longer nap.. when he moved moved a bit, i'll just gently pat his back and he'll drift off to sleep again..
BUT hor, for the 1st time, i saw some milk coming out from his mouth.. vomit??
usually, i'll put him upright just after feed and when he drifted off to zzz, i'll put him on prone position..
anyone face the same thing?

iemik0,
has there been any bb that got more severe reaction than just fever after taking the vaccinations?

fabbie,
what's the diff btw PIS and PISA?

TIA!
happy.gif

Morning ladies
Wah, yesterday my boy really bully me throughout the night. Fed at 4.15am changed diapers and put him to bed. He woke up at 5am crying so burp him one more time, 6am again cried so I changed his diaper, 6.45am cried again to be carried then by 7.45am cried and fuss again 'cos close to next feeding time.

I'm checking the mirror to see if I've developed the panda eye :S HOPE he will BEHAVE today if not I faint man!!!!

Iemik0
Thanks!!! hehe...I still haven't open my letter box, will do that tmr :p

dee
so far we din encounter any wif severe reaction. mainly juz fever n coz of fever, bb intake is lesser tt's all. if fever for more dan 2daes, bring to pd. =)

luthadel
hehe. ok. =)

Hi Ladies..

hmm..it is so strange cos my milk supply also dropped these few days. But my baby is also demanding less. He used to drink about 100 to 120ml every 3 hours. Now he drinks like 80-90ml and doesn't want anymore. My EBM is like 130 ml from the 200ml previously. Hmm.. I am forcing myself to drink 3L / day but I think it just bypass the breast and straight to the urine!

Luthadel..
my boy was fretful last night too!! Could it be the air in singapore??? hehehe! I gave in to him and let him sleep on my bed and had buffet thru the night. Cry -> let him suckle. Just the night before he slept for 6 hours straight. Must be making up for lost time!

dee..

my girl only had fever during the nite.. next morning ok already... when she had a fever, i gave her paracetamol.. monitor her every 6 hrs cos that is how long b 4 the med wears out...

sleeping on stomach..

it is not advisable to let ur bb sleep on stomach even though they really sleep better.. studies have shown that sleeping on tummy increases the risk of sudden infant death... the health booklet also tells you not to do that....
bb have light sleep as a safety mechanism... in light sleep, bb can feel any discomfort and wake up.. but if they sleep too soundly for too long, they are not aware of anything and will not wake up even if they are uncomfortable...

milk rash cream
I found this cream called protective facial cream by sebamed quite good. Seems to reduce the rash alot as I am back to latching him directly already..Think you all can try since it is much milder compared to PD creams

Dee,

Dun let BB sleep on their tummy straight after their feed. Maybe that is why he vomit out some milk cause his weight is pressing on his tummy.

Ur BB know how to turn his head when he is on his tummy? Babies very smart one, wun let themselves suffocate. But to play safe, only let him to sleep on tummy when u r near to him. Overnight, best dun do that.

fabbie,

the Chinese medicine is pao4 sheng1. Can give bb eat a bit b4 their injection.

Diapers: have used Drypers, Mamy poko, Goon , Nepia & pampers. Actually I think the best really is pampers..but cost wise too high..

Daytime using Goon. Previously used Mamy poko but dunno is it just us...i find it not reall tat good leh... As for Drypers the NB one leaks! But the S size one not too bad..only think i dun like abt drypers is the sticker tape part which wakes BB up when changing..

Likewise I also use Pampers when going out & for nites. Think now NTUC got promo for the Pampers Dry (the pink & green packaging one which Jowin mention). Cant rem the price but ave cost per pc like less than 30cents so HB went to buy 2 more packs yesterday. The only sideback abt this Pampers Dry is there's not urine / wetness indicator leh...so i really got to gauge whether time to change by the "weight" of the pampers

Diaper change:
Mummies, for those that ur BB sleeps thurout or long interval , u dun wake BB up till he wakes up for next feed ah?? then wat abt his diaper change? My Boy butt got a bit of red red liao..so we have been putting the stronger diaper rash cream for him at every diaper change.

Blocked Ducts:
Is blocked ducts = lumpy lumpy in the breast?
I felt that 2 days ago & yesterday.
Actually my BB sometimes sleeps quite long (sometimes only)...like yesterday afternoon, he slept almost 4hrs..then i started to feel my 1 side breast super heavy & got lump so I quickly massage & wake BB up to latch on to clear... [my BB usually only takes 1 side of the Breast for each feeding..unless he not satisfied then he will need the other side of my breast in 1 feeding. So if interval too long & nv clear the other side of my breast, i will feel super heavy & pain]..

Sleeping on tummy:
Dee, I also been letting my boy sleep on tummy in afternoon & he sleeps longer & better.
But hor, really gotta keep an eye on BB sleeping on tummy...somehow he wringle wringle & his face fm lying side ways can end up face down! so got to quickly turn him..

6-in-1 jab:
Going for his 1st dose of 6-in-1 jab after the CNY. suppose to be before the CNY but i scared later he fever or sick then CNY hard to find doc..so decide to postpone another wk after CNY then take...
My mum says drink a bit of lingyang..but i nt sure leh..BB so small can let them drink ling yang water meh?
Then my CL told me before she left to get crysenthemum to boil & bath bb with it before & after Jab... dunno which to follow..
Both crysenthemum & lingyang suppose to be cooling stuff..

ypg,
yep, he knows how to turn his head when on prone position..
i'll usually be ard when he sleeps on prone during the day..
at nite, he sleeps better on the back.. very strange..

dee
im not sure leh. i didnt test a PIS before. i only test out the PISA only.

Jappoh
bring pump go lor? pump liao then throw. bo bian. freeze also u come back melt liao. u put in the cooler bag also gone. my milk supply i duno drop or not. but i know now at night i sleep all the way till morning i pump out is 3 bottles and i need 1 hr + to clear my milk in my breast. faints.

Merydith
I just came back from TMC. Well i went there i told the nurse say baby got burping problem then she just show me this poster. OMG i not even interested to read lor! topid. abit piss off. then like say.. Its not a big problem u dun have to come down i was like _!_ nvm. then she was carrying my baby and say think she wants to drink milk. i tout she will help me feed and observe her. but no she didnt. but then Thank god mrs wong came as my gal keep crying like Nobody business screaming here and there. And so Mrs wong feed her. I ask her all the questions why my gal drink half way dun wan to drink. she said that my gal is very fussy she can sense that my baby dun like to stop half way and drink. must dirnk all the way. If stop half thru, she wont like to drink.

My gal always kicks here and there always shouts here and there the reason mrs wong said that baby got Wind. so we must massage them always. better to massage before feeding too. Oh and she told me that infact my baby can drink bigger teats and today she just try out seems okai. Ya she told me to buy SILCONE teats and not nuk teats cus the teats are softer and gets lots of air. Now my baby in parentcraft letting them to obvious lor. see whether got vomiting anot. They told me most likely is her tummy got air lor. Later about afternoon or evening then go and pick her up. hope everything is okai. Mrs wong told that they observe our baby first. cus my gal was crying like very jialet like that. so see how it goes lor. Mrs wong really know how to control baby sia! i was controlled by my gal. lol and when she at mrs wong there she seems to be hehehe tame abit not so firece that she normally is. i think she's scare haha

Hi Fabbie
yes. Mrs Wong really know how to control baby. The day i discharge, i went parentcraft, my baby also crying.. she carried n talk to baby, my baby keep quiet and able to latch very well already..

I am also using NUK teats leh.. Will wan to change the teats away as i know as baby gets bigger, the teats are not good for them. Mrs Wong also say no good but i already bought liao last time.

Aiyo.. seem like my baby tummy also got air?? cos she always cry n kicks here n there also.. How to get rid?? Did u ask Mrs Wong?

ya, just like jelybean, my girl also only fever at nite after the 6in1 and the pneummococcal jabs. after I gave her paracetamol, she was ok.
the nurse told me BOTH jabs can cause fever.

hi fabbie,
mix lingyang with BM?

Pneummococcal jab:
Can the pneummococcal be taken so soon? I actually wanted to arrange for myBoy to take this pneummococcal jab & the rotavirus also during his upcoming 1st dose of 6-in-1... But the clinic says the pneummococcal to be taken after 6mths (4 jabs) & the Rotavirus one to be taken only on the 2nd dose of 6-in-1 jab leh...

Sam/ Gerry how many jabs requried for ur bb to take the pneummococcal jab??

Fabbie..
thanks for sharing your trip with Mrs Wong. Just wondering small teat = more sucking hence more wind? My little boi has been rather windy lately. Currently, the teats I have are slow flow but my little boi guzzles his milk with gusto already!

pastilies,

ya, the KK pedia gave her all 3 .. the Rotarix (taken orally), and the 2 jabs all at the same time. SHe was nearly 6 weeks old at the time - on Monday.

if i'm not wrong .... if u wait till your baby is 6 months old, then it's less doses .. for me, i have 2 girls in school so I decided to let my baby take now .. so more doses I think .. but i can't remember ... i don't have the leaflet with me. u can check with the clinic.

thanks Sam! i did a search found this info.. will ask the clinic again..cos i'm sending my boy to infant care after i go back to work, so i tink i better let him take early to immunise..

For the benefit of other mummies (found this fm tis website http://www.******************/articles3.php?reg_id=69&cat_id=7)

Pneumococcal Disease
There are two types of pneumococcal vaccines available, Pneumovax and Prevenar. They protect against invasive diseases like meningitis, pneumonia, sepsis and otitis media.
Prevenar can be administered to infants as young as six weeks old. Children under the age of six months require 4 doses. Those between six months to 11 months require three doses. Children between 12 to 23 months require two doses and those above two years require just one dose. Side effects include itchiness around the jab site and fever. Adverse effects include irritability, drowsiness, restless sleep, decreased appetite, vomiting, diarrhea and rash or hives.

fabbie,
wah..your girl really cute..so fierce one..stop halfway also cannot lol..nxt time her bf sure very tamed by her too keke. Wow Mrs Wong so pro..you mean she just talk talk n she quiet down? How to massage? Izit the questionmark move on his tummy? I try b4 but he scream like I molest him lidat. I always use the silicone teats leh.

For wind, I find ridwind quite effective in reducing wind. Normally he cry when he drink milk after bathing or washing bottom so I add 0.5ml to his milk can see all the bubbles disappear even when he blow bubble into the bottle.Then when I burp him he seems to be very happy when he can burp out nicely coz he will heave a "HOooooo" sound at the end like he just been thru a big ordeal.

Let me know when Mrs Wong advises u abt the vomitting. My neighbour baby went to see PD n the PD gave her a milk thickener to thicken the milk n told her not to lie bb flat..

6-in-1 jab,
I book appt to go polyclinic for the jab. How come can only take at 3 mths? So weird one leh...Now my boy coming 2 months the lady over the phone told me to go for the 2nd dose of hep B only.

fabbie,

NUK teats no good har? NUK also have SILCONE teats rite (the white colour one) the other is latex teats (the brown colour one). So do u mean the brown clolur one no good or mean NUK brand teats no good?

Currently i am using the NUK SILCONE one. i use the small version one. The wide neck bottle my boy dun like. I bought the wide neck one cos my 1st boy use that but then baby dun like so bought the narrow neck one instead.

the huggies lobang i have is also from Size M onwards. Got Huggies Dry and Huggies Dry Comfort.

Huggies Dry M Size (84pcs) $14/pack (Blue Packaging)

Cost $0.167/pc

But need to self collect at Hougang. Anyone keen can PM or email me [email protected]
I can give you the lady contact number.

I already order 10 packs of Size M Huggies Dry to stock up. Hahahahaha

Do any of you girls have this problem with ur bb...

I usually let my bb latch-on for feeds but when I give her the bottle, she fusses quite a bit... She has drunk from the bottle before and it was ok... but recently she just doesn't want the bottle.. and it is worse if I feed her.. my hb or mom can feed her with the bottle after some persuasion but for me.. she gets really angry.... I'm worried after going back to work, she'll still want to latch-on all the time...

bunnipet
Yeah it could be. Im suprise when i pick her up the consultant people told me that she's about to cope with large teats. They recommend me to get silicon teats is better. softer teats seems to take it more air. may you try larger teats. maybe will be better?

pastillies
yup, thats what i heard lor

merydith
haha so funny.. is not questionmark move on his tummy is more like Hmmm.. car wiper style! like just wipe on the tummy lor. both hands. or just move 1 circle on his tummy. when im there mrs wong was not there. but the nurse(which i dun like) told me that my gal nothing wrong.. didnt vomit at all. I hope to hear more from her or what. BUt NO she didnt say anything. just say my gal nothing wrong.. thats why i hate her. she dun talk. just stare at you and waiting for you to ask her question and she just ans. thats all -___- But before that in the morning Mrs wong told me its the Wind. so must massage her before feeding. She told me that my gal going to 2 months liao. must give 4 oz. so later im going to try!

Jappooh
Ya she told me use white color.. not brown color. cus i show her mah. she say no no. thats what i know. but nuk i duno leh. HMmmm

Girl80
you buy till so many M size.. faints. btw i heard diapers got expire date leh. and seems like huggies quite cheap huh.

fabbie:
thanks. Think I have to go and change the teat this weekend. So far still on slow flow. Currently, I am using orthodontic ones. I do latch on in the night. Would it be confusing if I use non-orthodontic ones? How come must change teats every 2 weeks? My SIL change like 3 months leh.. together with bottles.

Girl80
is huggie ultra and huggie dry very different?

Hi girls...

Stressed up liao.. Already BM not much.. my boy always wake up after zzz 1 hour, after each feed. And some more my MIL like to carry him, become more worse. He will scream n shout if we dont carry him. my MIL help me take care day time only, than at night me n hb die.. sigh...

How to train ha?

Fabbie
Really ha? teat must change every 2 weeks? mine already 6 weeks never change, but me feeding EBm n FM. If like that I going to change soon, coz I got many spare.

fabbie,
car wipper style? So wipe left n right? ok I try on my bb later. Alamak the nurse waste ur time...
My bb fart alot..esp at night he can fart so loud like n adult fart till make me wake up n scold my hubby coz I tot its him haha. Oh must change teat every 2 wks ..din noe.

Motherhood fair/Taka baby sale
Anyone know any fair coming up? Feel like looking out for new stroller and stuffs..

Esther
As long u always use bottle.. meaning u everyday will be steaming it. so 2 weeks change 1 time. but 2 weeks for me too much le. very ex leh. maybe i will change after 1 month ba.

Merydith
Yeah! left right. then in the center like roti prata turn. turn.. just now im so happy that i massage her she suddenly farted! but haiz. i after so many things i have done she still vomit. but she vomit is all those flame which is good! hee. i was late to reach parentcraft just now. so over her feeding time. if not they will ask me to feed baby and they reach me. arghz

I heard March got baby fair at TAKA

btw at hougang i got about 20 to 30+ milk to give away. anyone interested? let me know i need to clear by this sunday. thanks =)

My baby juz went n take his 6-in-1 jab this afternoon. He is 4.15kg and 57cm at 6 weeks. PD says he puts on abt 300g per week which is very good.. even during the jab, he only 'eh' once and then quiet but bleed quite a fair bit. Even his nappy oso have. PD says my boy likes to talk :p (like mummy so talkative)..keke

At the same time got 2 bad news lor..PD says she hear a murmur at my baby's heartbeat and we supposed to go to a Paeditric Cardiologist @ Mt E next week for an echo test to see what is the problem. Hopefully things will be okay.. another one is his right testicle is abit swollen and PD say thr is fluid inside and must monitor of any swollen near his abdomen or he cry unnecessarily then must go to A&E..hmmm..

Oh..March got bb fair?? Let me think of what to buy first..by then shuld be so much easier to bring bb out.

My boy's leg got rashes - near to the groin area. I suspect could be Mamy Poko.. tmr will go buy a pack of Nepia n try.

kath
ya boy so brave!! at least he didnt cry hee.. u mean his heart? got murmur??? something blocking or wat? sorry wat u mean testicle? so serious huh.. so when ya going to check up? hope he's okai.

emeraldbride,

wa, zach didn't cry at all ah? My daughter HOLLERED till her face red as they jabbed both her thighs simultaneously, one nurse at each thigh. But the min they pulled out the syringes, she stopped and fell asleep. lol.

Today has been stressed for me.

My 2 weeks old baby refused to sleep since 5pm. She will only stay quiet for 1 to 2 minutes after I put her down then she starts crying. I try everything to settle her down, but she won't stop crying until I picks her up. Then after 1 hour of not being able to sleep while being carried and rock around, she will start crying again. Oh dear. Don't know whether there's wind in her stomach.

It's really stress taking care of infant. Really hope these first 3 months will be over soon.

Cocoa,

yes, think of it this way .. it's also very stressful for your infant .. she has to adjust to a whole new environment ... totally different from the one she's been in since she was created. She's used to being with you all the time - hence why some mummies have to resort to babywearing .. where they carry their baby in a carrier almost 24/7 ...

But, ya .. it's tough initially. hope you're getting some rest here and there ... take care ! try to nap when she's napping ...

emeraldbride...

ur son really something!! my girl also screamed like crazy.. but very funny.. cos the PD gave her the first jab... she stopped crying for a few seconds and then all hell broke loose when the 2nd jab came in!!

I hope ur son will be ok.. sometimes the murmur may not be too serious and will close up by itself.. Like my cousin...

yeah.. Zach is pretty brave. Only one 'Eh' and then is okay liao..haha. PD say thr will be 2 reaction; either they will be cranky or they will be sleepy..hahaha, guess i will hope Zach will be the sleepy one cos he really kept me up since this early morning till now!!

Fabbie, testicle is the 'ball'..keke. That one she say juz monitor.

As for the heart, we are really praying it is alright and juz murmur and will pass..will noe by next Wed!! It really saddens me to tink abt it and cant help but to shed tears but cannot cry in front of baby cos he can feel it i tink. He seems to be very 'manja' today..the way he cry for attention also different. Plan to latch him all the way tonite since need to monitor his temp as well.

emeraldbride,

for 6-in-1 jab, is it 2 jab? U take it so early? I am going to bring my daughter next Tues to take her 5-in-1 jab n she is 3 1/2 months by then.

Is it 2 jabs in total? She already took the Hep B 2nd jab. I not worried for her crying during the jab. She got "special training" at Special Care nursery when she is just born. Everyday got jab by nurse there to investigate her blood.

I understand ur anxiety of ur son heart murmur. I also everyday wait anxiously for my daughter blood test tat time when she is in Special care. Hope everytime turn out fine for ur son.

Cocoa,

Yes, 3 months may seem eternity now. But it will really pass. If you really need help, go and get help! Dun handle everything by urself. Go see PD or like fabbie, go TMC parentcraft. Also, support from ur family is important. They wun know if u dun tell them u need help.

How's ur BB now? Is this the 1st time she is cranky?

Fabbie,

Diaper got expiring date? I am going to buy more Mamy Poko to stock up this weekend. How long they can last? 1 year?

Sam,

U never go Studio Loft take photo for ur 4 darlings? This is my daughter, taken today. Pix not too clear, cause got to resize it. Today total damage is $55 for 5 soft copy of photo.
2087486.jpg

This one is what they took, downsize also, but no photo editing on my part.
2087487.jpg

kath
pamper wear too tight is it? thats why this testicle swollen? ya boy breathe everythin okai hor? just sayang him more

Back