(2008/11) November 2008

peanut,

i agree with others, u juz go ahead and buy what u feel is required.... dun have to check with your MIL on every item. u buy liao she also nothing to say. I find that sterilizer, warmer are a must. Also a new mattress for ur newborn will be necessary as well leh... newborn very sensitive and fragile...we want the best for them mah...

car seat mine is britax safe & sound royale...very very good...

milderina,

oh dear, u really threw away the warmer? alamak...wasted hor...heehee... i read the instructions... but hor, i nvr descale as instructed. in fact for the warmer, i nvr descale before! hahahaa...

dreamyjo,

u have msn? actually, how abt lau par sat? is it ok for u? let me know ok...
thanks abt toast box...my colleague told me yday afternoon and i was like...alamak...walked pass so many times nvr register in my head. i went there after work with hb to have toast bread, peanut butter toast bread and the egg noodle...

yen, wtan,

if lau par sat, is the location ok for u ladies? there are some cafes within lau par sat we may be able to check it out? what do u think?

wtan,

m is sooooo sweet leh...he looks shy indeed but gave me a patriotic feel with the 2 SG flags
happy.gif

Thanks minkybear & milderina.
happy.gif

Minkybear, I didnt thought of warranty. Opps...

Haru, the one we wanted cos $400+ leh. Alamak.

peanut, of cos when you buy something for your bb ... u wan it purely for ur bb use only. Your mil will be taking care of ur bb and other babies at the same time? Maybe tell her nicely u wanna a new bed for your bb and its purely for your princess/prince. Later share then *touchwood* one bb sick and spread to the rest how?

morning mummies.

auggy bear: thanks for the pix! u really v pretty in real life leh.

glad gal: thanks for the pix from me too! yah, redhill is really convenient, especially to ballot & get brand new flat.

cookieoreo: ah, u still cannot beat me in age. only milderina knows how old i actually am. tell u all my age after i deliver. sorry to hear tt some mothers were not happy abt the photo. i think it's your camera so u have the right to forward ppl in this forum. u own the copyright!
for babymall, my shipping cost abt $35 cos i had 2 bulky items. but it's worth cos the items themselves r less than the half the price they cost here.

mildy: i will try drypers after 3 or 6 mths depending on how sensitive the babies r. but definitely not for newborn.

haru: yes, sure. i think quite likely carrefour will have anor sale of fitti before u all deliver. u have extremely good appetite.

Jenn: wah, your furry boy is like my human boy. bark at ungodly morning hour.

sunshine: really must take care. not to scare u but my gm died of pneumonia.

snnowy: ah, my boss is also a lady. in fact, she just had her first kid 2 yrs ago. i think she is stressed by our big boss (no. 2 in the bank) & also she is probably unhappy w me cos she was also planning to have no. 2 this year.

Bear: wow, so many clothes. i must check out the temple shop after i deliver.

bladers: lexus for birthday present! so lucky.

Jo: what happened?? hope it's not from me. oh dear. drink more water, starfruit helps. ask for MC!

dreamyjo: me send u email tomoro from office then. shd be next week cos tomoro i have ttsh appointment, thur my mgr is treating cos she got promoted & friday i go for lunchtime mass. sorry, so lor soh.

wtan: mav is so cute. does he also wear size L diapers? sorry if i sound obsessed abt the sizing, i'm just v amazed at how fast other babies start wearing size L.

hui, fifi: what happened? pls take care.

Hi MTB,
Visit bbmumsgifts.blogspot.com for some affordable stuffs for your bb as my fren introduce me and got few stuffs for my bb. Their beansprout pillow is gd and not like some shop I see very little kernel they insert. Bb binder is gd for avoid bb got colic and really help

Mummies ... I attended the TMC antenatal class at AMKHub yesterday. Very interesting and informative. I liked what the lecturer said ... must have warm bath everyday .. cannot listen to old wives tales not to bath, not to on the fan or close all windows tight. Else will have germs.

jo> really useful ah? got note down the information? haha.. cos i heard few of my fren went & said ya alot of tings til cannot catch up den hor forget when is in need...

wtan: tt's the sample haru & i rec'd at carrefour. how do u find it? haru is gathering feedback.

lilian, glad gal, fifi: those r v long wishlists! but i think most likely to be implemented will be glad gal's. becos currently paternity leave is so miserable. i don't have many wishes, just hope babies will be healthy & come home from hospital within a month within breaking my bank a/c. nursing rooms will be nice. wonder if they can legislate for bosses to stop nagging & stressing MTB??? they shd deal specifically w cases like Jenn's. i still find it v unfair & unbelievable tt can happen in this day & age. luckily my bank just got full license a few days ago. i don't think they dare embarrass themselves terminating me at this point in time.

olwen, wtan,

my gal started to use L size diapers when she was abt 10 mths i think.... many of my frens kids borned ard the same period also L size liao...some even XL liao....

hui,

sorry to hear abt ur flu..hope u feeling better. Jovial caught it from u? he is down with flu again? oh dear...actually have u considered letting him go for flu vaccine? i mean i know it does not cover all strains but at least some... btw, my gal did not develop fever after her chicken pox vaccination... have u decided whether to bring jovial for his hep A and chicken pox vaccination?

alibaba..

wow! if they up to 4 mths paid ML i will be soooo happy... if not paid, at least give us the right to have unpaid ML of up to 6 mths! or let hb and wife rotate to take unpaid ML up to 1 year... (6 mths each) like in Sweden
happy.gif

alibaba, find this course good and useful. I never note down anything eh ... jus try to remember as much as I can only.

oops i meant "without breaking my bank a/c".

Jo: John little & kidzloft.com do carry car seats from birth to 4 yrs below $200. i also have headache, got to get 2 more car seats. my son had 2 but one has gone missing & anyway, its seat-belt buckle was broken. worst comes to worst, will have to buy 2 from john little or kidzloft.

Olwen,
me caught some flu virus..

Kash,
ya.. he was goin to recover then suddenly got mucus from nose lor.. so i assume is 2nd attck.. am goin to bring him for flu jab after MMR. Then slowly Hep A, Hep B and chick pox vaccine...By the way, yest i complain gynae abt my breathless leh.. then he ask if i got asthma history. which i have but no nd medication wan so he prescribe me asthma med..

kash: tt's what started me lor. when u said your daughter wears size L. scares me leh. what if my 3 all start wearing L at 1 year? piang.

dreamyjo,
Hiccups nt like kicking.Is a series of rhythmic movements.

wtan,
I was surprised to feel the hiccuping so early too.And it happened my gal was sitting next to me.SO i quickly put her hand on my tummy and let her hav a feel
happy.gif

fifi,
hopefully there are more maternity leave for us and more paternity leave daddy too.

Hui,
Take care and rest well.Alot of ppl getting sick these days.

Hi glad gal

My hse downstair shop selling goon pampers & wipes. R u interested, he said he dont mind to do delivery.

kash,
Lau par sat is fine wif me too. I doubt we will follow Sweden maternity benefits. Last night, I watch the Parliment news. Mr Wong says we will have our own set of new measures "tailored made" for Singapore. If too much subsidies are given, our tax will increase and companies are not willing to stay in singapore and move out to other countries.

alibaba,kash,
Let's pray hard. Lol.

Olwen,
Our employers cannot terminated preggies without reasons when we reach 5 or 6mths.

Jo,
Glad to hear good feedback on the course.

morning ladies! alot of pretty mum at the gathering, Im sure u all enjoy it. Hope to join next time.

By the way went for my DS last Sat, Im having a minnie! can buy pretty pretty dress liao..keke.

happy,

hey, do u know that TVB is going to show a new series by all the original cast of tang xin feng pao in August? it is about mooncakes...u can see the trailer from TVB website...i can't wait!!! so excited....

olwen,

my gal doesn't look big size leh... she is 9.5kg at 14 mths. according to PD, her height and weight is 75 percentile... bigger size can hold more urine :p heehee.... but seriously, check out sealer as I remembered it was cheap and good. However, as i find it abit rough compared to nepia and mamypoko, i swapped...

hui,

u also must remember to take flu med urself leh... actually, i always tell my hb to wear mask when he is down with flu but he refuses... very pek chek.. the most i banish him from our room only as we sleep in aircon and the gems spread easily. and i try to scold him when he carries her. but sometimes, coz only me and him at home, its hard if he doesn't help me out. also my gal loves her daddy and will always call daddy and nvr call mummy
sad.gif
*sad story*

Fifi, how abt half-priced COE and ERP charges for family with kids? hehehe...
Govt shd also give preggies another 2 wks of paid leave for us to stay home waiting for popping time! Nobody likes to have waterbag burst in office rite...

olwen, yup... Most impt is bb is healthy!
Haha... Tat gives me another item on my wish list - Govt to provide free insurance coverage for all newborns up to the age of 3. Covers all medical expenses. Wouldn't it be a great relief??
Oppss... me greedy greedy...

BB Hiccups - Tink i'm getting it too. My tummy can be seen 'jumping' consecutively for somewhat regular interval.

yen,

ok, we juz need to check whether is lau par sat ok with dreamyjo... wtan is ok too... btw, msn u...did u receive?

abt the incentives... govt can also try the lumpsum pay out recently implemented in Germany? think 30K cash upon delivery from the Govt... honestly, our govt is not in deficit, i am sure they can afford this.. LTA earns so much through all the ERPs already... rite? heehee

BB hiccups>
i read frm books it's normal to get around 20+ weeks. how long is the hipcupping last ah?? 1-2secs considered? actaully i cant differniate it..

kash> 30k cash? serious!? no wonder some country can survive not working.. ! i mean pple in that country.

Happy,
Thanks..

Olwen,
my colleague on MC becoz of flu.. me got to work.. sob

Jo,
we can shake hand liao..

Kash,
i try to eat when possible coz cause drowsiness wait i cant take care of Jovial or work leh..Jovial also like to call papa more than mama..

kash,
Lau par sat is fine wif me too. I doubt we will follow Sweden maternity benefits. Last night, I watch the Parliment news. Mr Wong says we will have our own set of new measures "tailored made" for Singapore. If too much subsidies are given, our tax will increase and companies are not willing to stay in singapore and move out to other countries.
Yes, I received the msn from wtan.
30k for 1 baby sounds great.

alibaba,kash,
Let's pray hard. Lol.

Olwen,
Our employers cannot terminated preggies without reasons when we reach 5 or 6mths.

Jo,
Glad to hear good feedback on the course.

Lilian
I support ur suggestion on COE and ERP charges. If I will to ask my hubby to fetch me in CBD, he will have to past by 3 ERP gantries. About $6 per trip depending on the time. If he drives me to office and fetch me home daily, it will cost us abt $12 per day.

BB Hiccups,
Hmm.. Not sure if is hiccups, bb likes to kick/punch 2-3 times on the same spot.

hui,

u shd have asked for non drowsy med leh... honestly, if u r down with flu, try to avoid jovial so that wont spread to him...else wear a mask? that time in Jan i was down with flu, i stayed away from my gal.... and i slept in a seperate room too... coz i dun want to spread to her...

yen, alibaba,

yes i remembered 30K coz alot of mummies asked the doctors to delay giving birth as it was implemented 1 Jan 2007 or something... heehee.. so those due end of dec 06 asking for delay...

Hui, yah .. sick and still got to work ... really shake hand loh.

yen, you sign up for the antenatal class? Never regret signing for the course.

Jo,
glad that the lecturer is pro-bath too!hahah.. will be attending my first lesson at KKH on thurs.

Mosh,
congrats! let e shopping begin!!ho ho ho...
kao_clap.gif

Lilian,
wah!then there will be more ERPs around coz more families will be tempted to get more than one car,haha... but i think e insurance coverage is nice! i think being able to utilize more from medisave for all pre-natal and delivery charges would also really help. Just looking at my gynae's attendance fee and the hospital package and the miserable amount claimable from medisave, makes me wonder why we have to put aside so much $$ for medisave then.=Z

lovedogs,
wah! 30K?? thats alot!!

Morning mummies.

Fifi,
i have transferred funds to you this morning for the 2 tubes of Desitin, pls check hor.
happy.gif

Regarding gathering photos:
I havent received it yet leh. But it's really ok if u gals are not comfy to share lah, I do understand.

Btw, I work at Raffles Place too, same building as that restaurant u gals met up.
happy.gif
It's a nice building yah. But I hate the lift, everyday got to change lift at 38th floor, and there are so many pple.

Next time let's meet up for lunch.

Jo
my mil used to take care of as many as 5 babies together with her sister last time! i was telling the rest (not sure if u joined the thread by then) that they used to tie their legs to the sitter to prevent them from turning and falling! wahahaaa... If i see her doing that to my bb i'll sure explode.. But now better lah she only takes care of 1 bb, for the time being..

Shopping: okz, i'll start of this weekend with mattress searching. Shd be looking at Britax carseat as well since so many of u recommeneded..

BB hiccuP: i haven felt it yet.. so nice lei some of u already experienced that.. "Nini fast fast hiccup let mommy feel".... wahahaa.. Until now i havent even seen her sucking thumb during scanning.. *yawn**

hi Fifi,
oh really? how come you will be in a diff classroom?

hey mummies,
i think i really gota switch completely to non-wired bras. bot 2 so far but feel like my other normal bras are really uncomfy esp w the growing belly and the cup really getting too tight. gona go bra shopping today!

Fifi - my stupid cum kiam siap company dun allow ML to start early wor.
N we r onli entitled ML for first 2 confinements.
N then somemore, any MC taken 4 wks before delivery is considered as ML! Wat stupid policy it is!

Yr drugstore delivery to borderlinx arrive oredi liao huh? Fast hor.
My iMaternity and Amazon orders take ages to reach VPost. About a wk. I tink VPostUSA is situated too far from all those merchants liao.

peanut>
ur mil so superb leh... she mus be quite patience & caring person. else how to handle 5 babies in one time.. so now she is baby sitting other baby ah?? meaning when ur's out. she got 2 to handle? shld be "sah sah shui" for her. no kick! i always feel it's good that mil or mother offer to help taking care than hiring maid. ^_^ only ting u need to tolerate with is her style of taking care..

Hi ladies, dragged myself out of bed today even though i slpt so much.. keep on dreaming then in the middle of the night my hb snatched my blanket AND rolled over me!

Fifi, i was hoping that they will announce something concrete instead of saying they will announce it next mth..

Haha, i like some of the things u gals suggested! i prefer free childcare or a sum every mth for those whose bbs are taken care by relatives. i like the ERP one too! wat abt this one? Allowing mums to work from home at least ONCE a wk?

Peanut, no lah u not imm chimm.. i tell u i m super particular over my own bed. my hb cannot slp on it if he hasn't showered. cannot even sit lor. i understand where u are coming from lah. if ur MIL and hb disagree, then say its ur present to ur own Nini.

Jo u went for the class liao ah.. did they make u buy this series of books by Mrs Wong?

Minkybear, i feel that things won't spoil so quickly. if u buy something now and it spoils before u use it, then wat's the pt of giving u a yr's warrantly right? also if it spoils so fast, we all will be avoiding that brand of goods!

Hui, get well soon!

hui,
Like kash says, there's a non drowsy type med. Ask the doc for it.

Jo,
Yes. My class starts this sat 7-9pm. If I'm not wrong, there's another 2 ladies who are in the same class as I am.

Sunshinekid,
U are welcome to join us for lunch.

peanut,
I pity those babies whom get their little feet tied. They should be allow to roam freely. No doubt, sometimes they did fall and get knocked as least they are free.

Shopping,
I will start after I attend the class. I think the instructor may recommend some products like baby bath, towel etc.

Haru,
I'm already wearing non-wired bras.

hui, yen,

yup got...must ask GP for non drowsy flu med... i normally asked for that coz got to work mah...

sunshinekid,

yes please feel free to join...is lau par sat ok?

is next tues ok ?

bear
ur hubby rolled over u!!!??!! Wahahaa... super kua zhang lei.. or he horny in the middle of the nite..

alibaba
yah lor 2 babies to her is nothing at all.. she always say small bb the easiest to take care.. drink milk sleep drink milk sleep ony..

RE:Flu med
me so moutain tortise leh.. ok ok.. will get it from GP..

Lady boss ask me go bk rest after lunch.. so am goin back after lunch later..

Peanut, wah lao.. horny do different actions! not roll over me.. he rolled over my legs lah.. i very light slper one so that woke me up.. he kena one gd push in his face lor. woke HIM up too! wahahaha..

Eh, i find non drowsy antihistamines don't work for me... antihistamines must be drowsy.. i like that drowsy feeling! Hui, go home lah!! slp it off..

Minkybear, no idea what to have for lunch. wanna eat prawn crackers.. i finished a pack last evening!!!

Oh ya, this morn my neighbour met us on the lift landing. SHe asked if i was preggie and guess how many mths she tot i was?? TWO mths! when i told her i m 5.5 mths, she was like, "why so small?"

Sunshinekid:
Money received. Order confirm.

Haru:
Coz I started mine in June.

They recommend to tarhan and buy the bras after 6+ mths coz by then your breast size would be more stable.

Lilian:
Too bad the employment act only covers certain categories of workers. Not all.

Haven reach. Just that Drugstore has shipped it out. It depends on what they use to ship lah. If use UPS shld be faster than if they use USPS.

Back