(2008/09) Sep 2008

mummies
dun worry about the mess. with todds it's always expected and erhmm...i abuse my helper lah..hahah, but she ended up eating most of the leftover cookies and was quite happy to oblige...

but cy and ch sure had fun that day!

xuanting
haha, the photos show very sanitised version of the actual event. there were indeed dough in many places, floor included, but heck it's todds we are talking about so expected! as for dough in hair, think carine and alston has a bit :S kekkeeke...

christmas cookie bake
hey im all game! i wouldnt mind if it's either my place or limay''s place. if there are more mummies, then can book function room...ooo...i know some condos have oven inside the function rooms!!!!anyone ?:p

but but my oven isnt too big (as seen form the burnt ones) so if someone has a BIG oven it'll be great..

any suggested dates? weekends since some mummies are working or you guys wanna a holiday? any holz coming up? sorry ive been outta job for quite a bit and kinda losing touch with holidays... :S

<font color="aa00aa">l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum) - Yes, count me in for bake sessions, gossip sessions, makan session or whatever in Dec. I am aiming to start clearing leave from 2nd week Dec, till 1st week Jan, so weekend/weekdays are all OK by me!
happy.gif
Just so busy rushing to clear work before that.

Oven in function rooms? Wow, not mine unfortunately
sad.gif

I don't mind gathering at my place, but not a bake session, cos my oven is a tiny version - even for a standard serving of cookies, I would need to bake like 3 times, so if its a big batch, it would take forever! If its other non-baking/cooking gathering, then my place is open! There is also have a pool if the babies wanna come swim.

Btw, my Xmas tree went up over the weekend
happy.gif
Have yet taken photos though.</font>

The babies sure enjoy themselved from the session
happy.gif

Limay ,
another year passed so fast ... Xmas gatehring again ..and all bb should be walking by nw ..instead on guai guai lying down ...

hihi

wow, the cookies look great!

bigtoes,lilboymum
oh yes,am keen on bake sessions too in Dec. Very very exciting!
But i think i can only make it before 20 Dec cos after that I'll most likely be away.

xuanting
plastic or wood? Personal pref is wood, cos looks nicer. But i guess plastic is more practical. And well, what would match nicely with ur home decor? =)

And just to share on the nice stuff I've ordered from SMH recently

Nice swimwear from Aussie with Sun protection factor 50! (Okies, I'm a sucker for that)
BP now on. Some designs seem to me nicer than what we see in the shops like paragon/tanglin mall but whole lot cheaper, like $40+ compared to $80+...
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3206634.html?1257732415

And from the same lady I ordered cute lil crayon from crayola called tadoodles. There's a whole range of crayola stuff there too. Missed theBP so i ordered thru email
http://kidzo-galore.blogspot.com/

thanks, bigtoes &amp; cccakes.
happy.gif
still a bit undecided on the furniture for the same reasons... wood looks prettier but plastic is definitely easier to maintain. also saw a white steel table at ikea with pretty floral designs but i think it'll rust in no time. hmm... will sit on it a while more.

bigtoes, u're fast! has k tried to pluck the ornaments off already? he doesn't really mouth stuff right?

cookie bakes seems fun. tell me ahead and i'll take leave, if i can.

bigtoes - I've yet to put mine up as am procrastinating. I brought little e in the car around orchard today and he really loves the lights. Keeps saying "Star" and clapping and laughing. i might do it 1st week of december so that he can have less time to throw my ornaments around.

Already he is pulling my curtains, throwing my remote controls and his toys. So tired picking after him.

haha breadmum, me too.i am everyday picking up after carine.everywhere she goes, it bounds to get messy!! she likes to throw n pull things to the floor till everything's down on the floor...*FAINT* esp my pkts of diapers! she loves to step on them..so scare she lost her balance

bigtoes

so fast ya..xmas again! this year really flies by very fast...

<font color="aa00aa">annteo (annteo)- wow!! SO exiciting
happy.gif
Congrats!! When is your EDD??

breadmum (breadmum) - We set up the tree earlier so that it can stay out for earlier before we have to lug the tree back into storage! Always more fun setting up than keeping
sad.gif
Anyway, K doesn't really tug at the ornaments. He meddles with some of the star decos on the lower branches, but that's about it. Usually, he understands and behaves when we tell him not to touch something. My trick now is to tell him to 'sayang' the object &amp; to treat it nicely, else it would 'cry'. Then i proceed to ask him "how does the (insert item name) cry?" and he says "uhhh" and does the crying face look
happy.gif
So every other item in my house can 'cry' now...hehe....Its weird, but helps to stop him from plucking flowers, tearing books etc.

Btw, if you want to bring little E to see the Xmas deco, sign up for the Metro open top bus ride (with City Square - the new shopping centre in Little India). They have free open bus top rides on weekend evenings from now till Xmas.
happy.gif
</font>

l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum)
HaHa, HB already gave his warning not to buy too much n over spend once he knws that we r having a BB girl.

Bigtoes
My EDD is 22 March 2010.

Keen on setting up a Home-based business opportunity (not MLM)

Ruben &amp; Shire is a premier lifestyle healthy dried fruits &amp; nuts provider. The company is looking for resellers to expand its network. Very low start up cost but profitable margins.

Very suitable for mommies looking to supplement their income.

Please note that this is NOT an MLM biz.

Please PM me if keen

Thanks!

Hey Ann! Urs is a gal??!! GOod leh!!
I am into my 17th weeks now. I am still hoping that the 'dick' tat i saw was something else.

I have put up my Xmas tree last fri. It was a speedy process. Chop Chop 30mins :p

And i prayed to God that pls teach Baby Ethan to be guai guai and dun play wif the Xmas tree. And phew... so far he is ok. He seems disinterested abt the tree!!! Thank God!

Bigtoes, i saw ur FB pix. Gosh, u look beri toned leh!!!! How i envy u! I cannot wait for #2 to come out and join ur clan! :p

<font color="aa00aa">Goldfish (goldfish1395) - wow, so quick, i think i took 1 hour to set up the tree - also cos Kieran was being a KPO &amp; touching all my Xmas trims. Luckily he is like Ethan &amp; not very keen on tugging items on the tree now that it is up - only fingers the stars at his eye level...We bought a hanging star deco from Ikea &amp; hung it over the window &amp; he is way keener on that!
happy.gif

When will u know the gender for sure? 5th month right?

Btw, not that toned lah. Just tone(r) cos some fats got transferred to K during nursing &amp; from all the weight lifting - K is 11kg!</font>

Hi Desptkon

The contact is: 9423-0938. She is Ah-Yong.
I got her for my 1st confinement and will be getting her again next April.
She is gentle in handling bb and is beri dedicated! And she talks very gently, and always urge me to observe tis and tat bt sometimes when I heck care, she oso din NAG at me too much :p

Btw, does any of ur bb wake up in the middle of the nite and point to a specific corner? Mine does.. and he has done it 2nd time in a row!
And it does nto help much when last nite, my hi-fi in my room was suddenly TURNED-ON!

er lil CH

ya.:D muhahaha just found out. hope its pink dust otherwise pengz liao. btw just got back from the PD with jon and sam. they both have dreadful colds that we hope will not get worse. jon has fever again to boot. sigh.

thanks Goldfish.

ann
i didnt shop much when i was preggie with ch..but...but...nowadays whenever i buy clothes for my boy, i will 'btw' browse the girl's section and meimei's credit card bills' always end up higher than korkor..

how can you ever ever resist those pretty clothes from jshopper, ON, RL...o yes and gingersnaps and pumpkin patch...it's a girl;s world out there man!!!! kakakakak..

dseptkon, qiuling! (and those hoping for a girl) yeah hope u can start shopping for your girls soon!!!!

<font color="aa00aa">dseptkon (dseptkon) - wow, CONGRATS! Hope you are gonna have a baby princess like u wanted. Lots of preggy mommies here expecting no 2 already
happy.gif

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - ummm, that is scary. I guess if depends on whether u are a believer or not of the supernatural? Or it could be just nothing? Not sure about ur hi-fi switching on though....speaking of which, the other day, K was VERY SCARED of a certain spot in my study room (this was during the day). He totally refuse to go near there &amp; would wave his hand to indicate no &amp; cry. Initially we thought it was cos there was a metal fish container at that spot &amp; he was afraid of it....But the next time when he was there again, he had no problems pointing out the fish to us &amp; touching it....Hubby goes "de de de de, de de de de" (Twillight Zone music). Makes me wonder too, cos people say babies can see such stuff right? Guess whatever was there the 1st time left after that?
sad.gif

When he was younger &amp; I used to nurse him on the living room couch, he used to turn up to our chandelier &amp; smile at it as well (like there was something friendly there)...happened all the time till during my maternity leave!</font>

thanks lil CH and bigtoes
think pink! think pink! think pink!*LOL*
weaning jon: got any tips? my gynae suggested make him go cold turkey and apply lemon on my boobs?!

Congrats all mummies who are expecting no. 2.

bigtoes - okie, i'll try your stunt on my little e. At the momemnt, we slap his little hands and he pouts at us, so we burst out laughing. Its quite a funny sight i.e. the pout.

Congrats deseptkon!!! Pink dust, pink dust pink dust, Pink dust, pink dust pink dust, Pink dust, pink dust pink dust!!!

Gunibabe: Chilli! Ohh... sounds eeks..

recently baby K got infected with Gastic flu. That verynight he ate strawberry polar cake. then after that he was slightly on fever. Then he slept for an hr or so then he wake up cryng. i try to pat him to sleep, when he doesnt i carry him up, feel that he is very warm. faster tell my hubby about it. then carry him to the living rm. i tried to feed him with his panadol syrup. after a while he vomited out twice.. we faster bought him to TMC 24 hr clinic, doc examine him saying he is down with gastric flu. Doc insert two bullet medicine in. Lucky the next day around afternoon he is feeling better can start to play with us.. wondering could it be the cake that is affecting him

Yo mummies ,
the thread is lost for a few days right ??

Congrats Dseptkon ,
Lets all pray hard for bb gal .. keke .. I will be knowing the gender when I am back in sin during xmas for the scan .... lets see who gets a bb gal ... so excited .. think my heart will freeze this time when the doctor scan me
happy.gif

Any gatherings in Xmas ??

gunibabe
due 7 july 2010. chilli? owwww... will have to fix my mind to dtart the weaning business. jon still doesnt like formala milk so if he doesnt have bm not sure what he's gonna drink. when is your due date?

koras
poor baby K. hope he gets better soon. If he has gastric flu, likely not caused by the polar puff but maybe the cream triggered the vomitting. however my elder kid samuel did have food poisoning when he ate prima deli's cake last time (remember there was the infamous salmonella cases?) and he had dreadful vomitting and fever.the symptoms are quite similar i think but with food poisoning its more vomitting than fever.

chewy
ya. think pink!
happy.gif

Goldfish .. your confinement lady is good ? how much are her charges .. dun mind sharing ? can PM me how good she is ??
My 2nd confinement done by MIL cos that time she doesnt like pple touching her kitchen and complain dirty here and there .. so I just paid my MIL to do confinment for me .. gave her the money instead and she is happy ... This time rd . i will be having the confinemnt at mums place ...

Just want to rant abt MIL here too .. for the whole of almost 7 mths ( since april she lasted came here).. she did not even care to call .. and even if hubby called her three times in Australia , she did not even ask abt us .. how her grandsons are doing ... even on the phone she also never ask to speak to them .. The last straw came when we broke the news that I am preggy last week.. she just say " okie " and " next topic please" .. wah loh .. I used to think she is okay and nice.. cos she is staying with us for 6 years and we gave her huge allowance and paid for the household things, always respected her n never quarell with her .. till she say she want to migrate to Aus to help her daughter with her son cos nobody is helping her blah ... so I gave up my job, stayed at home and took care of my bb .. What really made me so angry was that everything was so superficial.. when she is staying with us she would always call to ask if daughter son is well, what are the clothes size ( she will buy ) and what are the things they need? Have the boy learn his ABC? have fed him vitamins and fish oil for smartness?.. blah blah that was Genuine concern.. but when we are here in shanghai.. no concern at all .. even when we are hospitalised last month .. she just say " nw okay already right " and brush it off ...Wah loh .. that night when hubby told her abt my preggy and get the response .. he turned to me and say " next time u better be a good MIL " . turning his expectations on me thirty years down the road .. HAHA ... cant help laughing it out ... I guess it is all abt MONEY .. cos nw we cannot afford to give her so much.. single income and wife not working plus two kids .. or maybe my hubby is not rich and educated like his siblings .. not the favourite son too .. anyway .. just to complain here so as to make my anger goes off .. so superficial .. cant even ask if my sons are well fed , have they grown... ai yoh .. and somemore hubby sis says when her kids grow up ( then dun need the mummy) then her mum will come back to stay with us again ... wah loh .. I cannot stand the thought nw ( she is like kicking a ball .. used her nw and then discard later ???)... blood boils .. was jokingly telling hubby .. do we still need to inform her that i deliver my third child ??? haha ..

wow.....

congrates... dsepthon... another Sept mum preg
happy.gif

my frd just finished her confinement.. she says hers was GOOD.. she's a m'sian... $2K....

if u all keen i can check it out with her...

I just wana add .. mum is still the best .. know I am preggy .. ask me to eat healthily , drink more chicken essence and then ask bird nest/ fish to be send to shanghai for me.... So sad to be treated so differently ..

Chwewy: You Mil sounds so superficial! Yah, I heard you said that you all are in quite good terms but guess we can't control human beings r'ship. People will always fail us so look at the bright side, at least your own family support here is very strong.
happy.gif
My confinement lady is also quite good, she is indonesian chinese but very hardworking. She don't mind Bf-ing &amp; using cloth diapers cos I know some CL will deter you from doing that... She also helps out with the housework without being told to.

Storeberry ,
haha .. i am just being jealous and "blurred" for being treated so differently after a few months of not staying together. but from what i see things .. really superficial man cos dun even ask to speak to my kids and ask how they are .. too much for me to take la .. kids are juZ innocent pple .. zac still ask where is granny? So I juZ cant answer him " Granny dun care abt u anymore right?" I suspect it was all money that was doing the tricks ..... I must be rich someday man ..

dseptkon: I'm due after chinese new year, towards end of Feb =) wonder how things will be like manx ... think can forget about surfing net and coming online! hehhe

Hi mummies

Ryan just had a fall last night n cut his upper lip by his front tooth, OMG! the bleeding was so much that i tot he fall n hurt or broke his tooth. Luckly, Bleeding stop less then 5 min.
It scare me to see so much blood flowing out from his tiny mounth.

GuniBabe
My girl due est. 22nd March bbut everyone keep telling me no.2 will come earlier.

chewy
MILS will always be an unfathomable species unlike our own mums who can always be trusted and relied upon cos they gave birth to us... SO we both had better be having daughters this time round! can u imagine having 3 daughters-in-law??! if its another boy i confirm go and book my place in the nursing home
happy.gif

thanks to Goldfish, storeberry and Jo for the CL contacts. will PM u ladies. a question: do I just call and put deposit or do a phone interview or what? so sorry must ask this kind of idiotic question cos the last 2 i got were from the agencies

Gunibabe
no la...can come online while pumping! muhahahahaaaa
happy.gif

annteo
oh dear. hope ryan did not get too much of a shock. my niece also just did that last week but I think that our bbs are quite resilient
happy.gif
should be up and about in no time while it is the mothers who are totally traumatized:p
btw my no.2 arrived later than no.1. Its the labour time which should be shorter.
happy.gif

Dseptkon ,
Yah ... can imagine 3 DILs in the family .. I will stay put at my own place and ask them to shift out man.. too pathetic to go to nursing home .. My auntie joking that day " if this is a boi, then quickly go abort before nightmare comes in " I was " huh, no way man, whatever comes I will still give birth to the little life".. But on second thoughts .... think I will really freeze this time rd in gynae clinic when he annouce the gender.

Annteo ,
luckily the tooth is still intact .. remembered my little cousin tripped over by her clumsy maid when she is three years old and had her tooth chipped .. dentist extracted the front teeth and she was " bo gay" till 6 years old. Her mum hated that maid man ...

Dseptkon :
Congrats !!!
happy.gif
Hope u get a tigress as u hope
happy.gif

Wow soooo many mummies are oredi preggie with the 2nd one, so envy...hehe

Ann:
Hope ur bb is ok. Nowadays really need to be careful with our kids as they are now very playful and climb here and there, esp boys.

Chewyring:
Dun get too upset ...at least u have ur mum and hubby to fall back on. Actually me even worse, my both sides are boh hiu one. My parents are divorced when i was very young and i am not very close terms wif mum and MIL is busy wif her eldest son's kids and dun really show much concern to me too when i was preggy with Alston.

millie
dun envy!! go for it!!!

chewyring
well at least you have your own mum who is more sane. can you imagine how your hb must have felt with his own mom?? i mean, as a son, his mom doesnt even care!!! $%#^$&amp;^%&amp;

dseptkon
hahahah... no lah, book nursing home??so bad meh??? yes but i tend to agree daughters are better lah...even if you dun stay together they are more than willing to meet up have dinner and chitchat when time comes...son ah..haiz...

Nursing homes
was telling hb i wouldnt mind going to a nursing home when our time comes..provided we have our faculties intact. ive seen some...with butler service, indoor pool, jacuzzi, spa treatments, gourmet dinner etc....no need to clean up after children...sit back and be served...

IICY ,
haha ...u sounded that u recee the area already .. haha .. with all the facilities .. imagine the cost of staying in hotel everyday with private nurses. Had a prof friend who commented the same thing when his son is born " I think I have to recee for one nursing home already" keke .. sons are ?????
You are correct abt hubby .. he is so upset and quiet that day .. and then before he slept he say " U must be a good MIL next time okay "

dseptkon
congrats!!! hope u get a girl this time.

Nursing homes
not so bad lah ... but true la , nowadays most husband side and give in to their wife more den their parents. listen more to wife too...

Avent bottles!!! Going crazy le.
Anyone using this and the bottle keep leaking ??? turn and screw more den 5 times ... and this always happens!!! fed up! any bpa bottle to recommend? cause my girl have been using avent since birth , if i change bottle , can she adapt to the teats?

<font color="aa00aa">Millie (millie22) - hah, i think i am envious of mommies expecting their next baby too! Have no plans for no. 2 just yet, cos we want to spend more one-on-one time with Kieran, but hopefully we will have a baby girl the next time round
happy.gif
Start planning for no. 2??

♥Mamyvelle♥ (mamyvelle) - At this age, our babies shd be ok with any teats, straws etc. For a BPA free bottle, try medela? K has been using the same medela bottles (150ml) since young! He still uses bottles for milk (less messy), but a sippy cup for water.</font>

Back