(2008/09) Sep 2008

Xuanting,
I'm not sure it's called Yamahawa or Yamakawa. Anyway it has branches at Tampines One, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Sq 2, etc.

Rachel,
I concur wif Xuanting. Not all bb develop fever after taking pneumoccocal jab. Alston most of the time doesn't and even if so, it's oni slightly feverish and will be bk to normal by a few hrs later. He normally takes the jabs in the morning.

Jasmine,
Hugs to ur bb. Alston has fallen fm my bed abt 5 times since he was a few mths old. In fact, he has even fallen fm his high chair and play yard. He's just too mischevious and a wriggling monkey
sad.gif

koras

dun worry.mine still haven really tok yet oso..she can only say 'da da' (beat), 'mum mum' (food) 'nen nen'(milk)...
happy.gif
but shes blabbering alot of bb languages..
happy.gif

Yin Yin,
Count me in !!!

Event: Cookie bake
Time: 2pm
Date: Thursday, 05/11/2009
=========================
1. lilboymum, CY and CH
2. dseptkon, Jon and Sam
3. Millie and Alston
4. Angeline & Carine

Btw, do u have the shuttle bus schd & details to get to your house? can PM me your hp?

I be leaving at around 5pm as i need to be at bedok mrt at 6.30pm...

Hi mummies

okok i will PM you guys the details on location n shuttle service...

1. lilboymum, CY and CH
2. dseptkon, Jon and Sam
3. Millie and Alston
4. Angeline & Carine

any more mummies wanna join? we'll see if this is successful..kekeke...(rad:if the food is edible at the end of the day)...then might plan subsequent ones...

Hihi, can i join in too?

1. lilboymum, CY and CH
2. dseptkon, Jon and Sam
3. Millie and Alston
4. Angeline & Carine
5. Cheesecake & Jvel

Angeline Goh -ok i worried about his speech. cox he doesnt even want to say byebye even though we teach him amper of times. haha maybe he just taking his own sweet time ba...

he doesnt want to say nehneh only once he wake up in the middle of the night he will find his papa or my dad cox they both make milk for him.

upon seeing us eat and he can eat he will say ng~~ meaning he want to eat.. lazy and greedy boy

Rachel - little e's first jab had fever at midnight, then it came down in the morning. i put the fever strip on top of giving him paracetemol.subsequent jabs, no fever. The day before, my mum usually make him drink "leng yang".

xuanting - i wanted to laugh too when he cried but i felt so bad for scaring him.:p

Hi xuanting,

thanks for your reply.. did a search on the webby and found out that toddler taking about 500 to 600ml of milk is enough. Think we are on the right track ba.. =)

Btw, how do you mummies feed your little one? in the high chair with some distraction like tv or toys? My boy's day caretaker is having a hard time keeping him seated in the high chair thoughtout the feeding session. and in the end, she put him in the walker, with my boy standing while taking his lunch/ dinner..

I was quite sad and worried that she is not able to feed him in the chair. worried that next time I will have to chase my boy around the house while feeding him his lunch/ dinner.. =(

sigh.. sigh.. sigh..

dseptkon, millie, angeline, traz
have PMed you. pm me if you have not received the PM.

koras
dun worry, ch isnt talking yet. really zilch unless you count 'mama' and 'mum mum' as real words. but i think she is very developed in other aspects like social and fine motor skills so she is ok bah. every child is different and speed is not everything. sometimes they take their time to take in things before speaking :p

o but for my #1..i was darn worried when he wasnt talkng...late talkers, it's all in the family :S

Tinkerbell:
I bought a high chair n put it in my mum's house cos most of the time, we having dinner there. The moment she start havin solid food, we make her sit in there. Even i do not have one at my home, i make her sit on my lap while feeding her. no running abt. so now whenever we place her in high chair, she start 'mum, mum'. Btw, cc also feed them in high chair.

since ur son still young, i believe u still can train him

<font color="aa00aa">annteo (annteo) - Yes, the Medela PIS is quite noisy - plus heavy - u also need to make sure there is a power point nearby, so more troublesome esp if u are outside for long hours &amp; need to express. Suction power is of cos better than the mini electric thou.

Rachel Lim (rac_lim)- Kieran's first word was mama - made me so happy I cried the first time he said that. That was when he was about 8 months, and now, his vocab has expanded alot, but the first thing he does every morning when he wakes up is still to call out "mama!!"
happy.gif

Jasmine Yeo (jasyeo80) - Hugs. Don't worry too much or feel bad, cos all our babies have fallen off the bed one time or the other!

Tinkerbell Lim (tinkerbell_lim)- I also think its best to train babies to eat at the high chair? Can't possibly be running around to feed them when u have meals at restaurants ya! I am using the ikea one &amp; K is ok with it. Just needs loads of distraction!! I used objects - like everyday items, fruits etc..&amp; use the chance to teach him new words, else he would be 'reading' his pile of books. He is a book worm, so as long as there are ample books on hand, he wld sit &amp; eat.

Food - are u mommies still cooking porridge for babies' main meal? I just started switching from porridge to rice (or semi rice, still abit watery), but stopped blending the harder veggies (e.g. corn, peas etc) &amp; just cooked these together with the rice. K also eats our "adult food" but only as supplement to his normal meals. Hubby is telling me to stop bothering with the porridge, &amp; just let my MIL feed him normal food (e.g. hawker food) during weekdays - but rather do that myself &amp; ensure that he has a well balanced diet.</font>

tinkerbell
it may be just a phase. at certain point they dun wanna sit on the high chair, but they might be ok with it after a while. or you can tryy booster chair at this point and let him sit like an adult at the table. ch loves to sit on the booster chair
happy.gif

as for distraction, try self feeding? we give ch a spoon, and she feeds herself using it, while we try to stuff more food in at intervals. it's messy but they get the hang of it after a while.

if you wan less mess, try having bits of his fav foods - clean food (for ch its carrots, peas and corn) in a bowl, let him pick at it. it's cleaner than rice and he gets to eat on his own while you fill him with the carbo

Bigtoes:

My ger don really like porridge. She more happy eating when we feed her food like mee suan, gua tiao, noodles, bao, etc...
cos sometime when we went out, very hard to bring out her food. so we will buy something she can eat. Imagine we bought a bowl of mee suan she finish all, but the portion is not big compare to noodles, of cos we don feed her the soup.

Tinkerbell ... I put toys or plastic spoon and bowl on the tray , coz sometimes when i put her in she refuse and will stretch her leg. or i will on her brainy baby show and let her sit in her high chair while she watch.

Think this really must train them from young de , My Sis-in-law place have 4kids stayin together. youngest 1.5yrs , oldest 5 yrs. and all dun sit still when they eat. can see that the maid very ke lian , chasing after them.

yinyin : can pm me ur address , might be going too

thanks, millie. is it a baby store?

tinkerbell, my bb sits in her high chair for all her meals. like u, i'm also worried that i may have to chase her around the house next time. she puts up a struggle sometimes but no choice, just got to find something she likes to occupy her with. in my bb's case, i pour out some of those gerber stars and she'll be too busy shoving them into her mouth to scream or protest anymore. i try not to give her any toys cos she's a v messy eater and the toys will just end up being covered in food – more things to wash. giving her a bowl and a spoon to hold also helps. she'll "feed" herself, the pictures on her high chair and sometimes me. i think lilboymum's mtd is really good!

bigtoes, i've also stopped mashing o's food. everything goes into a pot with the rice and she chews what she can. i can sometimes see carrot/corn bits in her poop though. o also eats a complete "outside food" meal sometimes, like rice with bits of veg &amp; other not-so-salty stuff.

xuanting &amp; bigtoes - i cut his veg and fruits up and mixed in his cereal or porridge. Little e will not eat them on their own. As for meat, its still minced chicken, minced beef and minced pork.
For tofu, i cut into small pieces too.

when we are out, we do give him what we eat in small chunks, like waffle, char siew bao, toasts, wantan. The other day i gave him the ikea pasta and meatballs and he ate it too.

I do noticed he still chokes on larger pieces of fruits, so i try not too as this means his entire meal, he will throw all out. And its scary.

lilboymum
PM rec'd.
thks!
see u all on thu!

RE: talking
Dun worry mummies, my #1 started saying 1 syllabi words only at 21 mths!
now he is so good in his speech that he is always chosen to be the emcee for his childcare celebration events!
#2 also started talking only at abt 20 mths..now at 31 mths, he is on par wif his peers alr.
Jvel is still not talking at all, and i'm not at all worried..heehee..2 quarellsome boys at the moment is noisy enough for me!!

my ah girl eats calbee potato chips, prawn crackers as well as prata/hokkien mee/durian etc!
she is such a fussy eater and so difficult to feed.
so i resigned and give her a bit of watever we r eating to expose her to diff flavours.

hellooo been many many months since i've logged on to SMH!

chewy
u r preggy again! Congrats!!!! But wow u still overseas rite? Hope u're doing fine!

cookie bake sounds fun! But too bad I think i most prolly gotta work... and my cheeky girl is in childcare nap time =(

limay
So good that K can be occupied by books during meal times. Chubby cheeks only bites them! Just like her sister! Nearly made a hole in her board book the other day when i wasn;t looking!
And yep. me thinks they should be trained to eat in high chair too! Otherwise have to run after them when older. V difficult!

Morning mummies ,

IICY ,
the weather here is freaking cold .. Yah .. i miss sin .. haha .. gotta miss the kids baking session too ..

Dina ,
u better bring more clothes .. think the weather these few days is cold ..sudden drop of temp

Cheesecake ,
i gave my sons prata when we are back in sin too .. keke .. and curry .. your # 2 is so close to my #1 .. zac is 29 mths nw .. keke ..

Breadmum ,
I had a stupid dream yesterday abt Zenneth choking when i fed him bread ... performed my fist aid skills on him but no avail ..cold sweat and so scary ....
... woke up at 3 am and could not sleep till nw .. have to be careful these few days ..

Waffles .. i miss waffles .. the supermarkt waffles here sucks .. can only taste better waffles in town .... sighZ ...

Hubby is gg to be outstation to GZ next next week for a whole week .. think I am gg to suffer here ..

tinkerbell ,
Zen is still drinking ard 24 ounce a day .. sometimes lesser 20 ounce ..

chewy-ring : congrats!
aiyo,scary dream. u still can perform "gungfu"..wahahaha...not bad.

Little e just had bread with cheese for his breakfast. I decided to give him a break from creal today and he seems to enjoy it. its soft and broken in small chewable pieces.

Waffles are easy to make if you have the machine. ya, but the ikea waffles not as nice as those made at Prima Deli.

breadmum, do u find your bb more interested in outside food? i think they enjoy the variety and textures.

cupcakes! nice to see u here... *wink* o also loves to chew board books, some already have holes in their spine...

chewy, curry also? what was the reaction?

breadmum, chewy, my bb loves bread too. but really got to watch closely when she eats cos she gets choked if she stuffs too many pcs into her mouth at a time.

Xuanting ,
curry .. my little zen just took it w/o complains.. cos i dun show any expression on my face .. zac was the one hwo will resist but still try a bit cos he saw us eating ..

Cupcakes ,
yah still overseas .. but coming back " wink " to yang tai .. keke ..

Dear mummies,
I've two tin of enfagrow(900gm)to let go as my boy is allergied to it. Selling one tin @ $20, two tins @ $35. Interested pls PM me. Thanks

chew_ring: congrats on your #3! =) please sms me when you're back in SGP, give me your account so I can transfer the "change" to you for the toothpaste spree which we did long ago! hee, I was also craving for waffles today! hubby finally tabao for me from Udders, not as nice as my favourite ones from Haato but good enough to satisfy the craving. ;)

wow....

all the babies out there are learning fast...n i'm wondering if my gal is abit slow for her age...she still doesn't know how to tok...just mum mum when she's hungry....we tried teaching her to say the words of the things tat she want but all she does is point n if she doesn't get it....she will cry....haiz...

as for adult food...she will fancy for a short period of time...tat means get the taste but won't eat it for long...tat's why we're still giving her porridge twice daily....but even she's losing her appetite for it...and i'm getting abit worried for her.....

oh by the way...does any mummies out there tried gain iq for their babies...my gal is currently taking friso but my mum was saying that gain iq has more nutrients...and i'm wondering if it's tat good....any advice on it...

Gunibb ,
no worries abt the change .. think we might have a gathering before u pop .. WAFFLES !!!!! Urgh .. U make me Drool and hungry nw .. I wanna eat waffles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U jia you .... Pop a #3 in two years time too
happy.gif

lilboymum
RE: Cookie Bake
ur pl a condo?
wats the name?
do u need me to bring anything??
i hv some choc chips...i bring for u..

mich, try a variety of other types of food like noodles, pasta, mee sua etc. i think the bbs also get sick of porridge after a while. can also try different ways of cooking, like stir fry, bake etc.

traz
dun need to bring anything lah..if you wan, something for the kiddoes coz i only have fruits.adults tea?? kekekek....

lilydale, did you receive the email?

gunibabe
udders ice cream!!! haha whenever i bring my boy for classes at united square, always so tempted to drop by but then it's always before dinner so cannot spoil his dinner :p

mich
think developmentally she is ok lah, can point and indicate what she wants can liaoz :p throwing tantrums is 'parent-training'. they are training us to acede to their request :S

lilboymum,
raining heavily here...ah mei still hasnt taken her morning nap! all timing hay wire! think she'll prob KO at ur pl later...
i'm taking cab..might be slightly late...
wats the name of ur condo??

traz
lilydale lah...tell the uncle yishun ave 6...go down to the basement carpark so wont get wet in the rain...KO good, then we can enjoy...kakakkaka...

arghh..raining again!
and my girl is sleeping soundly now...&amp;$#@!
Will wait for the rain to stop b4 we go out and get a cab, ok?
start 1st if the rest are there...
paiseh..

xuanting - little e will look intently at us, each time we eat something but he is easy to please. sometimes we do not give him what we wat but give him his milk or biscuit and he is satisfied.

yes. he does enjoy adult food very much, but my mum's theory is that we feed moderately. Like last night, i fed him few grains of rice while i had my dinner and its plain rice :)

its such a rainy day...how's the cookie baking. post pictures leah.

millie
haha, yah only angeline siao ah likes it so much....in fact my cy saw her eating it and thought it was good too, until he tasted it..uhmmmmmm...

mamyvelle
btw, i cannot reply on my hotmail account recently, dunno why...can only read...

so this is the info you looking for...
http://www.rhythminme.com/

i rem one term cy's class was doing yukelele so it was quite fun. the mummies get to learn along with the kiddoes

More pics:

Giving out the dough..
3208499.jpg

Little bakers waiting patiently...
3208500.jpg

Jvel: Mmmmm..need to use feet? I didnt wash my feet leh!!
3208501.jpg

I'm the big brother here, let me do a demo 1st...
3208502.jpg

Lovelle: Mmmm..mummy, is the white powder the talc powder u put on me after i bom bom??
3208503.jpg

lilboymum
so sorry, messed up ur pl.
we had fun..thks for preparing everything for us..

wow, looks like a fun but orderly session! i had imagined dough in hair (tots' and mommies') and on furniture and floor. :p

anyways, has anyone any recommendation for some toddler table and chairs? plastic or wood better?

Yin Yin,
Actually Chantelle oso prefers the chao tah ones...haha

BTW, thanks for opening up ur pl to us and pardon us for messing up ur pl ..

<font color="aa00aa">Wow, the cookies look nice - plus u gals have really neat Winnie the pooh, Mickey mouse etc..moulds! Lets have a session in Dec? I am clearing leave and gonna be a SAHM for almost 4 weeks in a stretch! Have bought Xmas mounds from Ikea, so we can use these to bake for the next session
happy.gif

xuanting (xuanting) - I would go for plastic? Easier to wipe down food stains - if its wood, there might be tiny gaps &amp; stuff can seep inside.</font>

Doris : haha nice ma. just like bbq food , abit chaotah nicer.

limay : wow 4 weeks ... so nice. next session , no prob .. count me in .

Back