(2008/09) Sep 2008

bacon&egg
i also have constipation
last time when i eat dragonfruit i hv v smooth business but now i eat also no effect. v bloated n pain... those yuckies came out like black pebbles... i got no choice cos i dare not force too hard scared i force the bb out too.. so i use enema... much better aid in relieving lor...wow 1.5wks v long leh better get rid else yr body canot detoxic

Hello,
Everyone i am also pregnant. I havent seen a doc yet. but i tested positive myself.Its my 2nd bb and i have slight morning sickness(keeping fingers crossed that it is not as bad as my first pregnancy).

mrs yap,
can we eat papaya and honeymelon? i will try dragonfruit the next time..

jasmine,
thanks for advice
happy.gif
green apple ok?

hi ladies,
this thread is so exciting...went to nap for 2 hrs and theres so many things goin on!!
happy.gif

Bigtoes (limay) :Hihi, ... im a bit concern abt the GNC pre-natal tablets & omega-3 fatty acids u bought!! According to my gyn, dont take anything now except ur folic acid.... must careful abt the contents!! ....like Vit A!!! esp fish oil...... must be pure! my gyn give her so call pure oil when i see her @ my 8 wks..... PLEASE CHECK WITH UR GYN!
happy.gif

Mrs Yap : Hi.....i agree!! Check with gyn before we take anything!! ....
happy.gif
..i cant poo for a wk.....was given Mucilin like fibrogel but not so thick like fibrogel.

crayonshinchan : hey, dont worry....u will see ur bb heartbeat soon.....now at least u look the sac at the rite place
happy.gif
happy.gif

storeberry (storeberry) : good good
happy.gif
are u 6 wks plus like me.... im due on 9 sept ...u? but i think will be early... my gyn likes to induce! ..
happy.gif

Mrs Yap - my fibroid was removed in April. Don't think fibriods cause infertility; my gyne told me that i was okie to try for babies 1 month after the surgery!

On the GNC pre-natal vitamins, I know that it has vitamin A, but this is in beta-carotene format only. I did some reading before that, and basically beta-carotene is what they call "not teratogenic" (teratogenesis is anything that is potentially harmful to a developing fetus), so it is fine.
happy.gif
Vitamin A is important to the growth and motor development of infants, so I guess they included that in the multi-vitamin.

The thing is, i don't have any gyne check up till after CNY (11th Feb), which is still a month away! Most of the baby's cell formation would be completed by then, so I though it would be safer to start my medication earlier cos my diet wouldn't have all the nutrients required!
happy.gif

Jane - thanks for your concern also!

Yah, i know about the Vit A and fish oil... The fish oil is 100% pure, from wild salmon, not fish farmed. Have to supplement omega-3, see: http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/Pregnancy/tb/5075

Meanwhile, MTB --- have to be careful - don't use Vit A creams on the skin/face, and no salicylic acid (the type found in some pimple creams).

congrats, ydnic.
happy.gif

bacon&egg, i think a warm glass of water in the morning can help move your bowels. dried fruits can be helpful too. have you tried prune juice? it seems to work for many people.

is anyone having a runny nose as well? i've been dripping these few days and i wonder if it's simply an allergy or if it might be one of those pregnancy related thing. been drinking lots of water n taking vit c to make it go away. hope to stay drug-free all the way.
happy.gif

bigtoes, the reading is based on your chinese age & the month (chinese lunar month)which you conceive. this is just a reference, dont worry ya...it will be more exciting to know from the ultrasound scanning later
happy.gif

bacon&egg, have you tried drinking fresh milk? in case some of us r lactose sensitive, may have the urge to go toilet after drinking milk....

Congrats ydnic!!

Wow jane, not working today? hee..

Bigtoes, I am taking vitamins prescribe by gynae, if u r no sure why not call up the clinic & ask?

Aiyoo. my bra is getting tighter, need to get the bra extension..
sad.gif

storeberry (storeberry) : haaha
happy.gif
happy.gif
on mc...today last day....going to work tomorrow!
happy.gif
so far no spotting liao..
happy.gif
been sleeping for past 2 days... later will go walk walk....im going to be crazy liao...so sian!!!

I recommended prune juice earlier cos i had a relative who drank too much prune juice in one day and had diarrhoea, so i guess that should help constipation! Hee

All who r taking apples,
i heard from my daughter's paediatrician that in babies, (ABC) Apples, Bananas, Brown rice & Carrots can cause constipation. Wonder if that applies to us?

Mrs Yap
I also take prenatal vit but fr Nature's Farm. Contains Vit A too. But i read that as long as we dun take overdosage of Vit A, it is ok. Overdosage will affect baby's brain devt. So cannot take cod liver oil also or eat too much liver.
Me also taking prenatal DHA from Nordic Naturals. My gynae says ok to take all take all these.

hp_babe (hp_babe) : thank you for ur chart....and i hope its correct and i will be very happy to have a gIRL!
happy.gif
happy.gif

jane - for my first preg, i din buy. just used extensions n also bought bras in bigger sizes.
cos i think maternity bras can be quite ex and the designs can be quite yucky too...

Hi Isabelle, yah man, now my bras all have those red marks liao, very tight & not comfy. I think I will go & buy later...

Jane, I am also on MC from yesterday till fri.. but I need to go back office to srt up my laptopn because just shifted office.. Sianz..

Jane, added!

So envy...all mummies getting very sexy. Although mine feels swollen but not as big.So current bra still can fit in.
Feeling short of breath and "mun mun" although now not as bad as the first pregnancy(Choy!) but still feel very unwell.

hp babe,
i got probia abt drinking milk...u ladies have any strong dislikes for food u used to like?

storeberry n other ladies who want to get new bras...there is this shop at IMM (dunno whats the name -1st floor i think) they are selling wireless bra 2 for $40...v comfy...i agree that some of the maternity bras are awfully looking...i got some from women's secrets, marks n spencer...v "grandma" looking
happy.gif

xuanting, i would sneeze for no reason...then it became flu.. i cant take plain water..feel v yucky..now drinking ribena n honey water..(small qty just to take away the plainess)..anyone same?

Hi bacon&egg,
for first pregnancy me too drinking only ribena and sweet gassy drinks....n i have a daughter.hehehe...dunno how true...

bacon&egg, does plain water taste funny to you now? everything still taste very good to me; think it's too early for me to develop any cravings or dislikes.

what's the bra extension like? where can we get it? in my case, i have been putting on weight even before i got pregnant and most of my clothes (undies included) are kind of tight now. i guess this is good enough reason to "upsize" them.
happy.gif

ydnic, i also think it might be a girl..cos my complexion like better
happy.gif

xuanting, i have developed a dislike for plain water..so add ribena n honey to "color" it

i have been wear XL undies since...more comfy..

oh can we eat papaya? worry eat wrong fruits...

Hi Mrs Ho,

I delivered my boy when I was in the USA with my hubby. That's why cannot go back to him now.
happy.gif

Anyway, decided to see Dr Ho from Mt A.. make my appointment with him liao
happy.gif

Hi bacon, yeah complexion for mine is good too when carrying my girl.
Hmm...now is i kept feeling very hungry but there is a certain gas that is trapped in my throat.n i m very sensitve to smell now...

ladies.. i feel my tummy grow slightly bigger today leh... so happy. can see a pop out jus above the bikini level...
I feel i carrying my baby quite low and the shape is pointed... any idea can so early tell the gender of the baby?
Wat is the shape of your tummy ladies?
I dun feel good or glowing lor... feels bloated n fat and the skin like v dry n irritated if i scratch.
How to determine boy or girl using old wive's tale? keke sorry ah me too excited liao

heh..not sure how true the bad complexion = boy, good complexion = girl opinion is. Someone I knew had a baby girl, but had very bad complexion before that (people were predicting it was a boy before she went for the scan)....

Mrs Yap - your tummy is growing already? Wow, so fast? How many weeks are u? The baby is just about the size of a rice grain now i think.
happy.gif

hmm...maybe its the sac? cos my frd told me she also had a little tum tum the moment she realised she preg, abt 5 weeks. alamak dun scare me leh.. u all dun have ah or i too fat? But last time that area is v flat one leh.. now pop out le.

i did my facial as per normal....when i m pregnant.Just let the beautician know that u r pregnant and they will avoid use of certain things...that are harmful...
so facial no problemm...
I do know a frend who has good complexion...n have glowing skin but she have a boy...think it depends...

hi everyone!

Just went for my first appointment with gynae and saw my baby sac and baby's heartbeat today. So excited! =) Am currently 6 weeks pregnant. My EDD is 9 Sep 2008. This is my 1st baby and pregnancy so am pretty clueless, except the long lists of what I can't eat and do when I'm preggie from my mum and mum in law.

wah...the thread moves so fast now...didnt log in whole day got so many posts liao..

facial- i oso tinking of going to do 1 facial for the cny lei...hmmm....

food- i koe wat i will miss most... CRABS! arrghh..after i gave birth to my #1 till now, haven even got the chance to go & eat crabs..now cannot eat again.. arrghh!

Hi ydnic, I also keep feeling very hungry and there is a certain gas that is trapped in my throat. And when I try to burp it out, I ended coughing...
sad.gif
I don;t feel very good about this pregnancy... think I will be fat & ugly!!

Mrs Yap, I also have this little tum-tum above my bikini area, I think its the waterbag, yah the baby is just a tiny grain. Doctor measure and says that it is 0.2cm, so tiny!

Hi Xuanting, you can get bra extension from any dept store or any bra shop. I just bought from Toa Payoh for $3.90. Hopefully it will grow bigger.. Kekeke..

Bacon&egg, ok will drop by IMM when I pass by! Thanks!

Welcome shazz!! This is also my 1st!! Excited!

Congrats to all Sep08 MTBs!!! I am from June 08 MTBs thread.. Take care and have a smooth pregnancy!

HI All,

I would like to sell my Almost Brand New Avent Single Electric Breast pump (Used Only Once) together with a box of Brand New (Sealed) 10 Breastmilk Containers.
Retail Price :- abt $300/-

Here's the link:-
http://www.avent.philips.com/en_GB/products/SCF292_01.asp#features

I am willing to let go @ $220/-

I am Selling because my friend gave me her Dual Breast pump which I am using comfortably.

Interested parties, Please contact me at [email protected]. We will link up from there.

Thanks.

hi jane,
retinol A is an ingredient which i heard is harmful to young bbs..maybe u want to do some research and tell yr beautician you are preggie, she will know what to do..
happy.gif

the 2nd time mommies can also give us some advices..i have been feeling really sick (used to be in the evening, now morning too)
storeberry, i am already feeling fat n ugly..skin v dry, peeling...fat tummy...already looking tired..even my male colleague ask if i am preggie!!

anyone share the news before 12 weeks? so far, i only share with my boss and my hubby shared with his boss...we dont even dare to tell in-laws n my parents..

facial: my gynae say ok but juz let the beautician know u preggie so she wun do certain stuff like the "electric" thingy ( i dunno wat u call that, my beautician will do it for me after the squeezing to kill the bacteria) as well as not use certain pdts. but to play safe, i'll prob avoid it totally cos i've a tendency to squeeze my tummy when it gets too painful during the blackhead extraction. so not safe for me..

seafood: the most "scientific" reason i heard so far y it shld be avoided is to reduce the possibility of ur kid getting eczema.

Hi mommies to be,
I think pregnant women are told to avoid seafood cos of the potentially high mercury content; also because some people have allergy to seafood, & the reaction maybe more severe when preggers. Perhaps also because seafood like 'harm' (the one in kway teow) may cause Hepatitis. But we still need fish oil for healthy brain development, so still have to consume fish and perhaps Omega-3 supplements.

Meanwhile, quite surprising that almost everyone is already feeling the effect of being preggers (tummy appearing, nausea, some spotting etc)...as for me, other than being more hungry, I wouldn't even know I am preggers
uhoh.gif
Is anyone else the same?

My sisters had easy pregnancies (no morning sickness etc), so fingers crossed mine will be the same!

Bacon & Egg - We have already told our parents, and a few close friends, but no one else knows for now. Think best to keep hush until 2-3rd month, just to be safe!

Back