(2008/09) Sep 2008

Hihi,

just came back from my gynae checkup..today finally can see the heartbeat liao.tk god but hor i still spotting everyday. Sian,still got to take the duphaston n got to see him again 10days later...now hor, cant do cny spring clean.dun koe how to get the house ready for cny now...sian...

Kit_mum2be

Take care ok...

Hi ladies
wow..so nice to see so many reply.

Ying Ling, U also seeing Dr Foong? Me too. This is my 2nd so once I tested positive, I just call to make apt with him. Will be seeing him next Monday (21st Jan) for my 1st apt.

BTW ladies do U experience backache. I had a very bad ache and my relative mention this could be due to the epi I took the 1st time. I rememeber I experience slight aching during my 1st preganancy, but this one is 'killing' me. Sometimes can't even stand up straight, after sitting down for too long time

aisha8314: have you seen a gyn to confirm ur preg yet? if not, shld see see him 1st. I had spotting for last 2 wks, hope this 2 days will clear after my gyn given me jab. I had seem her on sat 1st time and told her i have spotting, given duphaston.(abt 5 wks preg, only see the sac in the right position of the womb.) But its neber go away, im so worried then went now to see her yesterday again. She scan and now can see the bb heartbeat and was given jab and mc to rest.

Angeline Goh (angeg): tats great! yesterday i was very happy to see the heartbeat too. Now CYN, our house will be full of 'gold'(dust). hahahah.
happy.gif

Take care.

Ling (littlechickenmice: i dont have backache yet. but im worried coz every mths when im having mens i will have it. im keeping my fingers cross now. shld est more.
happy.gif

Wow suddenly so many mummies after one day!
Hi to all
happy.gif

Bigtoes, crayon - actually i din wan to tell ppl at wk too, but then me too had no choice since i was hospitalised.

Thx roxy
happy.gif

Jasmine - my gynae from TMC. Dr TC Chang.

aisha - if it's me i will go see the gynae just in case. This happened in my first preg and when i went he gave me jab and also mc. Said i needed rest

Hi big toes,

what names have u chosen for ur baby, if u dun mind sharing?
I can't think of any for girls cos I've already called my first isabelle and love it so much that i dun really like all the rest. Dunno how since I'm so biased. Haiz...

hey ladies....mi have been following this thread for sumtime....sumhow due to email acct issue, cant get to join u all till now....=)

I have juz tested +ve last sat....went to see gynae immd cos has spotting & cramp....scan & saw the sac and im abt 4-5 weeks preggy..still having spotting on & off now which is worrying....visiting gynae again on sat....hope we can see bb's heartbeat & all will be fine!!!

Hi jane,
i din mc. I had bleeding suddenly and I thot i mc but actually was not. Gynae said must be warded and now i must rest at home as it's still unstable now. The bleeding comes from behind the placenta

isabelle (isa_belle) - Isabelle is a beautiful name
happy.gif
Plan to name our baby Caitlyn (girl) or Cayden (boy). I would prefer to have a baby girl, but since this would be our 1st one, it doesn't really matter, as long as the baby is healthy!

It is quite scary hearing about all the MC stories, and reading about it online....so don't plan to tell anyone (other than parents and a few close friends) till after week 8. I am only at week 3 now.....been lucky so far - no spotting/cramps/backache or any symptoms...

Take care all MTBs!

hi limay, me too...still have not break the news to my parents or in laws or office or frens. only me & hubby knows abt this pregnancy. for me, i think is better to go thru the 1st trimester first then announce loh. i also did not experience any spotting/morning sickness (touch wood !!!) only feel very hungry and bloated.

Bigtoes (limay) : hahaha....my mum knows the whole world knows.... mum will be coming later to cook for me.. have to tell my gyn tat mum will be lookin after me or else she will want me warded! have to tell my company coz on 2 days mc given by gyn. now whole company know!

hi jane, actually when is the best time to inform our bosses ? do u know ? but hor, i have not gotten my bonus so i think is best to wait until i got them right....hehe.

Porky (porky_jean) : i dont wanna tell them but no choice..(on mc) think after 3 mths when everything is stable....for me, im teaching in Pre sch so they have to knnow a bit early. i havnt gotten my bonus tOo.
happy.gif

hi gals,

i guess most of u have choosen to give birth at TMC hor? Any good gynae to intro? punggol is too far for me.

Big toes- Cayden is a nice name. My nephew's name. I quite like Chloe but too bad it's already taken by my niece! Otherwise I would choose Chloe.

Porky - me 6 wks plus too. Last time round I din wanna tell my in laws til after first trimester. But too bad my morn sickness was bad so had to say cos it was gonna be so obvious.

Jane- it's ok
happy.gif

U a pre-sch tr? That's interesting! U should have no pblm with ur kid i guess. No need to send for enrichment class cos u can teach him/her urself!

isabelle (isa_belle) : hmmm.... although i did child development from infant ..but i neber handle infant before... still have to learn... i dont beleive in enrichment class unless u r sending them to art, music, golf, or something they must enjoy. s'pore edu is going away from academic ...tat y now we new art sch accepting chn from PSLE.

hi jasmine, where do u stay ? how abt Dr CH Koh at Toa Payoh ? i will be seeing him on this friday for my first scan. he also delivers in TMC & Mt A

Hihi Jane, the kind of enrichment i meant is not hot house type to make them smarter. I meant like those kind can do fun activities tog like art n craft, sing songs, water play blah blah. Cos I wldn't know how to do all these with isabelle by myself. Me not v creative lah. And i FTWM so got no time to think of all these ideas too. I agree fully that they must be having fun!
happy.gif

Also think kids must be developmentally ready too.

hi Jane, thanks..

i went again for the second time to kk a&e.. heartbeat still there and everiting is fine. went on last sun too as first spotting..
edd on 3 sep..am in my 7 weeks.. am given higher dosage of duphaston now for 5 daes.. hope it stops.. will cross my fingers for all mtb not to have spotting..take care...

hi ladies,

check with u, can we still have our facial when we are preg? having my next wk, forgotten to ask gyn. sorry i very kiasi! my skin now very oily and lots of oil spots!
sad.gif

isabelle (isa_belle) : how old is ur girl? can send her to presch?

aisha8314 (aisha8314) : u must rest! dont take heavy things! take care!

hi isabelle, u also 6 weeks plus, so when is ur EDD ? i went to see GP, still cant really confirm is end Aug or early Sept. but i join the Sept thread more. hehe. i do not have any morning sickness (Touch Wood !!!) so MIL still did not suspect anything. but she ask my hubby why every night he will pour a cup of milk for me before i go to sleep. hahaha. hopes she dont find out so fast...

Jane: Isablle is 19 mths old. Too young for pre-sch i think.

She just started JG playclub which she seems to like alot cos at home she just keeps watching TV with mum n maid. I dun like that. I only found out cos how come now she can say the word cartoon? I think JG fun too. So ok happy lor. My mum also happy she can occupy my girl with something.

Porky- my edd is 4 Sept so i guess urs shld be Sept too! U stay with ur in laws?

isabelle, i stay with MIL only. FIL not around liao. so mine will be around the same EDD as yours. hehe. will confirm with gynae again this friday. so excited ! these few days i did not feel any synthoms liao. dunno my bb still growing inside me anot...

Porky (porky_jean)

Im staying at woodlands wif my hubby's family. My mum's place at toa payoh. What is the name of the clinic?

hi gals, wow so many posts liao...trying to catch up :-D

aisha8314-take plenty of rest, try not to move too much.

Ling-i do have some backache lately, i reckon pain is becos i have to keep pace with my gal...

Isabelle-your gal 19mths old, not so bad huh at least more independent at this stage. Mine only 10mths...crawling stage...abit xiong now. Where's this JG playclub? good ya?

Kit_mum2b, you have me for company, I just had a miscarriage (8 weeks - no fetal pole plus spotting =oblighted ovum) and went for D&C surgery yesterday....sad but we have to move on and try again!

Enjoy your pregnancy rest of the ladies!

hi ladies...
I was tested positive this morning
happy.gif

Great to see so many of u here...
Guess Storeberry and Porky already knew me from the TTC thread :p

Porky - dun worry too much. Just look forward to ur gynae appt
happy.gif

hp babe - The Julia Gabriel's classes are either at Forum or Evans Rd. I think it's quite good. Friendly trs and lively class. U got an elder kid too?

Wow, this thread is really active
happy.gif

Stileto (stileto) - sorry to hear about ur MC, and take care okie...
kao_sad2.gif

I never knew that MCs were so common in the 1st trimester until this week. I guess some people may not even know that they are peggers at such at early stage, & could have gotten a MC & just dismissed the spotting as their period...(don't know if that is a blessing in disguise - less heartache).

As for the rest of us, fingers & toes crossed that everyone will be healthy & go thru this couple of months with no bad news....

Hi all,

Am new in this thread. Am a 2nd time mom too, and just tested positive yesterday.
happy.gif
But cos I delivered my son in the US, am not too familiar with the system here for this pregnancy.

Anyone got any good gynae and hospital to recommend? I should go for a checkup to confirm the pregnancy right? I had a blood test the very next day after I tested positive on home pregnancy kit for my first pregnancy.

mummies with spottings...

dun be too worried ok..try to rest more in bed & do lesser works/houseworks etc..for my #1 i also have spotting on & off throughout the pregnancy even after 1 jab & duphaston. I read that some is normal....just be careful can liao.
happy.gif

Hi ladies, I am here!! Didn;t know about this thread till I explore! Hee.. always in the TCC-2008 thread.

Hi porky & Mrs Yap! I am about 6 weeks plus 7 weeks preggy. Had a scare yesterday because when I urine, I saw blood!! Quickly call the doctor & he saw me today. Saw baby's heartbeat & Dr ordered bed rest for the rest of the week. I suspect it is the shifting of office even though I didn't carry very heavy items.

Decided to rest & relax this whole week... Porky, u leave in puoggol? Have you thought of see Dr Adrian Woody? He is my gynae cos he has a clinic at CCK as well. He is quite good but talk very fast but I don't mind lah..

isabelle,my gynae clinic name is C.H.Koh Clinic for Women. Tel 62544022. his appt quite full until Feb liao. but i manage to get 1 slot on this friday loh. hehe.

storeberry, so u also found this thread liao ah ? yes i stay in punggol. but ur gynae is too far for me wor in CCK

mrs yap, welcome to this thread, we can discuss more abt our EDD here. hahaha

hi guys, i've just tested positive too and i hope i will be with you all all the way till sep 08!

my diy edd is 22 sep 08 and i shall be seeing a doc this fri cos i too, had a miscarriage last year and need to be on medication asap to play safe.

i hope we'll all have a safe and pleasant journey ahead!

Hi Porky, my sis gynae also C.H.Koh but I decided one that is nearer my place. No, my gynae has two clinics, one at CCK, one at Sengkang so thought it might be more convenient for u. (Opps! I wrote wrongly in the previous post!)

Hi isabelle & Aisha, both of you have bleeding as well? I was sooo worried! But decided to leave it in God's hand and not think about it. Still have brown spotting now. Dr told me to take two tablets of duphaston but he never give me any jab...

Hu xuanting, all the best! Lets give each other support! hee..

xuanting (xuanting) - ur EDD is the same date as my bday!
happy.gif
I think my EDD is about 1 week earlier. I don't want to have to share my Bday with my baby anyways! hehe...

Btw, are u guys counting ur pregnancy based on conception date, or last period date? Think the gyne would count from last period right (though I think conception would be more accurate if you can figure out when that was!)

storeberry, actually i have not confirm Dr C.H.Koh as my gyane yet. i will see him this friday then i decide. anyway now only few weeks, i dont think need to sign up any package yet. will let u know if i dont feel comfortable with him. but most of my gal frens are with him and they say he is experience and gentle loh. hehe.

thanks, storeberry.
happy.gif
is your doc dr adrian woodsworth?

hi bigtoes, i did my calculation online at the baby centre website based on my lmp. have you had your first check up?

my friends have recommended dr wk tan but as she doesn't see anyone under 8wks or something, i'm seeing someone else in the same clinic first. i think i would've waited till 8wks if not for my m/c history. there's nothing much to be seen at 4 or 5 wks right?

hi xuanting
my EDD is 23 sep 08.. v close to yours..
my bday is 13 sep 08.. hope not on same day... so that next time got more days for celebration.

isabelle, anna and storeberry
i am having spotting too... brown discharge
sometimes heavy sometimes light...

hi xuanting
my EDD is 23 sep 08.. v close to yours..
my bday is 13 sep.. hope not on same day... so that next time got more days for celebration.

isabelle, anna and storeberry
i am having spotting too... brown discharge
sometimes heavy sometimes light...

xuanting (xuanting) : hi, for ur infor ...u can see ur preg sac at 5 wks and to check issit at the rite place.
happy.gif

isabelle (isa_belle) : its good tat ur girl in the playgroup to keep her occupy.

Ruixiangmom (ruixiangsmom) : hi, where do u stay?

Stileto (stileto) : hi, do take care!
happy.gif

Mrs Yap (oneboyonegirl) : hello there! is this ur 1st preg?
happy.gif

Mrs Yap (oneboyonegirl) : i have light spotting since 2 wks ago. tot mens coming....then went to see gyn on sat to confirm preg...given duphaston but yesterday went to see her again and scan can see bb heartbeat and was given a jab and on mc ..must rest.....so far today no spotting.
happy.gif

thanks, jane.

hi mrs yap, have you seen the doc for your spotting? he/she will prob prescribe some duphaston for you. you also need to try and rest as much as possible until the spotting clears off. don't go walking about okay.

Back