(2008/08) Aug 2008

thank you for the photographer's contacts

wah ive been asking around and its very expensive most photographers quote me $200..is that the norm?

morning mommies,

celebrating jonah's b'day today...so excited. it's been so long since we celebrated birthdays with a party. for adults, it's always dinner at restaurant and no cake. i feel like a kid again planning this party for jonah, heehee.

victoria,

found and confirmed a transfer maid from myanmar yest. hope i made the rite choice. she's not too gd in her eng but can understand and she seems bright and willing to learn. of course can't compare with my current one but i'm hoping she gives me less problems since she's single and non-filipino. she looked a little sad and tired to me though. really pray that jonah can take well to her coz' i think he's already quite comfi with my current maid, who can play and interact well with him. oh well, just have to wait and see.

krex
Its fun and tiring planning the party
happy.gif
hope our party is a success today
happy.gif

morning mommies

Kieren's running a fever since yday...
Do u all know if we can still bathe him when he's having a fever cos my mom say cannot bathe him.

eve,
My bbJ also having fever since friday nite. almost 39 degrees. think he is uncomfortable, cos he kept enh, enh, enh and wants to be carried. I think the older folks are worried that with the bathing, the baby might catch a cold on top of the current viral attack. Anyway, i also didn't bathe him, but i wipe him down twice a day and wash his bum too. i also wipe him down when his temp goes up.

Morning mummies
happy.gif
Sunny Sunday, yeah!

Eve, how's bbK now? Agreed with rona, usually i didn't bathe bb A unless the temperature super high then i'll bathe her with cold water but remember must shut the window & bathe quickly.

Pls dun feed porridge & dilute the FM untill he fully recover. hope this will help.

mel,
thanks. So bbA is ok now? bbJ still not ok yet. thinking of bringing him to see my family GP who is open this morning. the pds are closed today leh...

morning mummies

rona,
how's baby now? see doc already?

yesterday, yu ze sneeze about 3 times in front of fil. fil so gan cheong ask if he is ok. is it h1n1? better not bring him out to crowded place.

Morning mommies!
Kes' birthday lunch is today! Wah can't believe it!!!

Eve,
It's actually recommended to give baby frequent baths to bring down the fever. BUT don't use cold water, just room temperature or lukewarm is fine. And make sure the door/window is closed.
Hope Kieren will be fine soon.

Rona,
Aiyoh poor bbJ seems to be under the weather qute abit these days hor? Have you been giving him paracetamol? Hope he gets well and be happy again soon!

thks to rona, mel ocean n yuuri...

rona
did u bring bbJ to the doc? I brought Kieren to KKH last night cos he vomitted out the medicine I gave him at hm n the KKH doc said he's treating Kieren as H1N1 positive as its so widespread now. so Kieren's now on tamiflu for the next 5 days even though he's not been tested for the virus.
Hope bbJ recover soon too.

mel ocean
y cannot feed porridge?? I didnt know n fed him porridge last evening n also I'm actually cooking his porridge for dinner now leh. If he cant eat porridge then wat can he eat?

Hi mummies

Thinking of redeeming airlines miles to go on for family vacation to perth end of next month. By the baby will be 1 year old.. but concern with his food preparation. any tips ?

I have never been to perth. I know sydney, bris and mel quite well.. But i think these bigger city are crowded hence iwanteed to go perth which suppose to be very laidback and relax... Anyone familiar with perth and can share what are the baby friendly places and actitivies i can do ?

Eve;

my sis/old folks told me not to feed porridge when bb got fever, may be porridge a bit more difficult to digest at thier young age. Just feed dilute milk will do. or porridge water (plain type) oso can

Rona;

Thks! How's is bb J now? still in high Temperature? Hope bbJ quickly recover!

bb A now fully recover & quite active these days! 10 mins ago she just had a great fall & bang to coffee table....a big blue black beside her right eye! mummy me very "xin deng"!

Yuuri,
thanks. yah lor, i also hope he gets well soon and then he can put on some weight. his weight been stagnant for a few months liao! How's K's birthday lunch celebration? where? any pix to share?

Rata,
how's the party? So in the end which nice dress did u let birthday gal wear? share some pic lah...

ceyln,
yah, went to see the GP. told it should be the normal flu, so just the voltren - cos bbJ spit out the oral medicine. gave him one around 12 noon, then paranol again at 5pm. looks ok. will continue to give him medicine until tomorrow. going for tuina again tomorrow.

Yuuri, Catherine, Krie amd Briebaby

Have a wonderful and enjoyable party!

Remember to upload pictures for us to see.

Briebaby
Happy birthday to Isaac!!!

Mrs Teng!
did you bake Keston's cake?? Ooi!! can place order or not then? But mine small party, you accept or not?

Yuuri,
very curious leh, what is the review you are going to have tomorrow?

mel,
didn't read your post properly, aiyoh, bbA bang onto the table? now got blue-black huh? xingtong... sayang bbA. is her blue-black better now? must try to massage that area more often so it will heal better and faster.

Mrs Teng,
Such a nice cake! I want to order oso ... can make Thomas the train cake? Kai's birthday is 3rd week of the month .. got enough time leh ...

ceyln,
put the suppository at 12noon, then 5pm gave a dosage of panadol though his temp has not appeared. then at 7pm, we gave the chinese medicine (to reduce the heatiness), then he slept. just checked, ok. will have to see after 11pm. cross my fingers that he is ok. gp said most likely common flu... not H1N1. heheheee... but hor, i very tired, will ask the maid to look after him tonite. tomorrow will ask my mum to bring him for tuina.
Thanks for asking!

Rona, Ceyln, Shint

dun stress me leh!
Not that I dun want leh! Dun know how's things gonna be like, Just found out this afternoon that my neighbour (door opposite ~ 2 meters away only) got H1N1, hospitalised liao.. I now very very very scared ah! dun know the virus got blow into my house or not. Somemore C&C haven't recover from the flu n cough yet. What if something really bad happened? Can give me some time? Need to monitor first lah!

Shint
I have not experience in doing Thomas the train! And I'm booked for durian cake for that weekend liao and end of August liao!

Shint,
take queue no... heheheee

celyn,
not so good now, bbJ's temp creeping back... now 37.5 degrees liao. panadol supposed to last 6 hours. very zhun.

Mrs Teng,
C&C still not well huh? got fever or not? Oops, 3rd week and end of aug booked liao? then i got no chance liao?? think maybe i just go into 4 leaves and get the strawberry shortcake liao.

Rona

Aiyo! poor BBJ.

Clara also same thing.. last thursday was 39 degree. Para n brufen every 4 hours, alternatively too! den in middle of the night she slept thru, papa n mama also slept thru. skipped one dose n fever come back again.. I felt soooo bad..

tink tink! you got sms!

Mrs Teng,
How do you cure C & C's flu and cough ? Adel's flu and cough one week liao... eat medicine also will not become better. Have they seen a doc ?

Rona,
hope bbJ recovers soon !

Happy_mummy

Still not cured yet.. They still having stuffed nose and slight cough.

PD gave them Zrytec and Prospan. These few days, my place very windy. so they can't seemed to get well lor. Close door means must on air-con. Open door during hot day means they will perspire until whole head wet, plus wind, tell me how not to get flu? Somemore now neighbour got H1N1 (dun know if they are joking to me or not). Lagi must close door n on air-con. Haizzzz..

Mrs Teng,
yah lor, i can understand your dillema. kids sick very sian... worry worry worry. But i think its around this time that they have to build up their resistance so this is part iand parcel of growing up. This is the only way they build up their immunity. dunno next time will science improve so much that we get immunity for every thing? guess not, cos by then the virus may have muiltate and then we get something else again.

Mrs Teng,
I think the mickey quite well made. complete with a long tail too! what do you use to make the tail? edible or not? how big is the cake?

I'm having a simple dinner for bbJ's birthday. no theme lah, only immediate family members only. but thought of getting a special cake for him but there are so few of us (like only 20?) to make a special cake.

Mrs Teng,

Did u boil some barley water for yr ger to drink? Boil for abt 25mins. My son was having fever for a wk bt oredi recovered last wk liao...i gave him drink barley for few days.

Happy Birthday to all bb.

Speedy recovery for all bb and mama.

H1N1 go far far away from all of us.

Mrs Teng, I really like that cake too. Can you help me to bake 1 for Denzel???

Pinky

Thanks! Cheril dun like barley, ribena or any form of juices. At one stage, even got problem getting her to drink water, only recently that she started taking water but very minimal lor.

Clara can't take barley or ribena.. Sure diarrhea one. Lucky thing is she loves to drink water. Thanks anyway!

Rona

Replied via SMS liao.
Anyway, Clara very weird leh! she's been taking egg yolk daily for almost 3 months liao and now just started giving her egg whites, only to discover that she's allergic to egg whites.

PD said that she'll probably need to be monitored when she's taking her MMR jab. Likely chance that she may need to be monitored in the hospital if she's highly sensitive lor.. She reactions very instant want leh! Whole mouth area with very large patch of red rashes.. And she'll scratch lor.. Lucky got zyrtec at home, gave her immediately and it subsided. PD said I did the right thing... wheeew!!! Aprat from MMR, most of the flu jabs also got egg white contain. So can't give her. Better pray hard that we dun get H1N1.

These days, I got to cook 3 meals! First 2 is for both and the 3rd specailly for Cheril. She'll wants to eat with us during dinner time. And during the first 2 meals, must be different texture. Cheril wants plain porridge with all her side dishes seperately, while Clara wants everything simmered until very delicious type. Wah! piang! I very busy leh! They know very well how to torture their mother.

mrs teng,

wah, sounds like you're doing well in your unofficial cake biz, haha. how i wish i was as talented!

Hi everyone!

Mrs Teng's cake is really very very pretty!!! Kes keeps trying to grab mickey's head
happy.gif

And nobody belive me when I say my friend is not a professional baker!

Posted more pictures in FB liao.

rona,
Thanks
happy.gif

mrs teng,
not to scare you, but i was told that 50% of flu cases are H1N1 now. Hope your girls don't kena, and recover soon. I think it's important to keep your place well ventilated. I can understand how worried you'd be since babies resistence are low. I'm sure you'll monitor and your gals will be fine
happy.gif
Your cakes are very impressive, really gotta give it to you for the effort you put in!!

Morning mummies

Rona, thks! now realized bb A face beside blue black, got baluku on her forehead too!
u take care too!

Briebaby
Happy birthday to Isaac!

Mrs Teng
ur mickey mouse cake look v pro & really can run bussiness liao. can take my order la, i want minnie... okie?? joke la, didn't want to stress u.
happy.gif

How's is C&C now? Hope they recover speedy! my niece's (K2) classmate oso got h1n1 & my sis damn worried. but lucky her dotter ok.

Back