(2008/07) July 2008

Err suaku mum here. What's geomag? And may I assume it's not related to geoduck?

Um with legos we "build" cameras and bridges, microphones, buses (need lots of imagination to actually tell what it is) and use them as scenary setting for our train tracks haha. I never really enjoyed lego.

Doggiebb
Haha no hurry la. I'll be leaky for a while
happy.gif
this week suuuuuuper busy.

Wasted it was grey all day, and rained last nite so too cold for tampinesone water park
sad.gif

PB,
haha, see what being mother to 2 boys has done to me. expanded my reportoire of boy toys, that is for sure.

geomag is basically magnetic rods and chrome balls. can make endless stuff from them. http://geomag.kockopes.cz/

C1 did a tetrahedron when he first received the set followed by a pyramid. then constructed a pentagon based pyramid (think pentagon as a base, instead of a square). then got bored and made trains choo-chooing around the house, alternating the rods and balls.

we confiscated his geomag last month as he had taken to stuffing the balls through the window of his duplo set, causing a big racket to our downstairs neighbour. plus it is tiresome to keep telling C2 not to put the balls into his nose/ear/mouth.

geomag is really addictive once I get started. dun you find it so as well, dd? nerdy me is rediscovering my sec school geometry
happy.gif

dd,
i too do not understand the Y chromosone.
last night C1 made a racket when he was lowering his car down using his hands. the car was in a lift... and the lift made 'eeeeeEEEE eeeEEEE' (think car tyres screeching) sounds, courtesy of C1. i told him to pls lower the volume of the lift... he looked at me earnestly, and proceeded to explain (as if to a very slow child) "but mama, the lift is designed this way, it is noisy".
i have been outtalked by my son. Mr C just laughed from the sidelines as C1 and i were talking.

Smiggle
No bowling. Too expensive to book lane to secure it. Sch hol crowded so we don't want to take the chance of going then got no lane to bowl

Toys
Er when poppy plays with trains she asks them if "want to peepee?" Or "oh did u lose your mama? Don't be sad, I will hold you close to my heart and protect you" haha

Mummies, long long long ago during BM days, we had a whole lot of ideas on alternative use of BM? Do you remember? My sil need to take medicine and pump and throw. But sayang the BM so refusing to take medicine. Want to give her ideas...

Mamas
If any of you see those cheap little dora the explorer suitcases at a pasar malam near you, please let me know! Those kind really shaped rectangularly like suitcases, with handle that can be extended to pull, not "backpack on wheels" kind. Heard it's like $10+ only!

Thanks
happy.gif

SY,

she is sitting on my lap as I type. full of energy still, clinging onto me like a koala bear...haha. also dunno why she sleeps so late... must be all the korean ginseng i took during pregnancy.... too "bu" liao...
happy.gif

Michelle,

BM as a foot soak? heard it is moisturizing from those who used that as a foot soak.
happy.gif

Just wanted to share a recommendation for staycation: Rasa Sentosa. We're just back and all had a great time! It is super family-friendly. The family rooms have a double-sized sofa bed, the buffet has a kid-sized cereals section with a Milo dispenser (my boys hearted hearted hearted), the kiddy pool area looks really fun (never tried 'cos we were out all the time), and there's a kids' programme and a kids' playroom with activities for 5-12 year olds. Younger ones have a toddler's room which is frankly too tame for our little ones. But there's lots to do around the island so no need to stay in. The rooms were just refurbished last year so everything's still new, and service is excellent
happy.gif

Cellow
Geomag looks fun! Ex or not?

PB
How about Clarks?
Bento: you can buy a lot of the bento-making tools at Daiso. The BP thread used to have some too.

Mich
Second Batgirl's BM as foot soak. I did that too.

seriously guys,
http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://blog.superhealthykids.com/2011/07/bacon-eggs-and-burger-pancakes/

youpi
sounds like you had lots of fun! got a good deal? i've not been there in 10 years i think! and of course, then, never really looked at anything kiddy hehe. did you get good weather while you were there?

oh yes daiso is bento paradise!!!

BM for foot soak? sheesh. i didn't even have enough to feed poppy! but have heard that can put on face too, as a mask? or give to papa for his morning coffee? haha

Mich: bm can be used to bathe Bb, self, soak feet or hands, soak nails, add an egg for hair mask, add egg and flour for face mask.
happy.gif

Can't make it for outing.
sad.gif
thanks for organizing.

PB
Yesterday morning's rain had eased by lunchtime, though the sky remained overcast. The good thing is, not many people came over to the island so it was nice and spacious for everyone, hehe!

i am off to shanghai with the boy in mid april.
think will still be cold. perhaps 10 degrees at night and mid teens in the day.

is there a jacket i can borrow from anyone for the boy?

muarks! Let me know pls!

ecp
i think i better not ah.... don't want to run run run or walk fast fast fast and give birth at road safety park. no 'hospital' there, only got shell station :p

morning!

ecp
my boys nap late... after 3pm and they sleep rather long after we tire them out on Sat/Sun mornings. so 5pm is a stretch for them to get up..... will make it if we can.
i now know better than to disturb their sleep except for real emergencies.

mich,
in general, the body of the BF mom filters out the medicine (i m not too clear on the exact science) so that bb only gets what it needs. i know many GPs recommend NOT to feed bb when mommy is on medication .... kiaseeee untilllll, in case mommy sues them for profnal negligence... and i have encountered one of them myself and ignored her haha....
BUT most medicines are safe for bb too. check in w PD if really want to.
of course if SIL is still uncomfortable after talking to informed medical professionals and therefore making an informed decision, then use to water plants, bath, foot soak, face mask etc.

youpi,
i bought geomag 40 rods, 20 (??) balls at robinsons sale last christmas for... let me check... $39.90. yes it is addictive
happy.gif

Doggiebb
Can pass you L's jacket to try too, just don't know if it may be too small. I'll bring it to kindy next week and pass it to T1?

auntie alert!

1) Mamy poko is selling for $20.60 in NTUC. i cleared the shelves of XL in Siglap... managed to swipe 4 packs. the price is only v slighly more expensive than JB. bwahahhaha

2) laundry is flapping in the sun and wind. i do not know why it makes me super duper happy, but it does. hahahahaha.

hey mums
i've heard of baby-toddler-mum cinema screenings... has anyone heard of them or been to one?

wah thanks cellow! do you know if they have XXL?

doggiebb
eh? how come you need? thought T2 is cool for sleeping thru night sans diapers?

Hi mummies! Back from HK! WOW it was so much fun! And yes 4YO is definitely a better age to enjoy the disneyland. It was really really cold on the first 3 days... like 10 degrees only and guess what? I was not prepared for this kind of weather so i was freezing on day 1. Managed to get a jacket for myself and one for xun gal.. so it saved the day. Was rainy for the first 3 days (sianz) but wow, when we headed for disneyland, it was perfect weather. 20 degrees or so.. sunny with breeze. What more can I ask for??!

Ok ok gtg catch up on some sleep .. nightz!

ECP road safety park, ME ONZ! Think sunday 5pm is ok!! =D

Jacelyn- aiyah, I thought u knew the weather was chilly..would hv informed u! Yes same for us, the day we entered Disney, weather was awesome
happy.gif
. Glad u had a good time!

ECP & RSP
We were there the entire day yesterday and I had a hard time peeling the boys away from RSP, they loved it so much!
happy.gif
The weather was fantastic - yes, Cellow, great for laundry! - and the sea looked so beautiful and blue. It was two rounds of RSP, two rounds of sandplay, one round on the rental buggy, two very happy kids... and two exhausted adults at the end of it all.

Can't make it for RSP on Sunday 5pm though, will miss all of you
sad.gif

Jace
Sounds like you had fun!!!
happy.gif

Hey did the RSP kids enjoy themselves?

SY
I can make it wed/thur but will just zip in and out to collect my stuff.

Sheesh what weather huh, today?

I had one of those weekends where the kids are ill, C1 is coughing, C2 refuses to eat his dinner, and adults are on the way to catching the kid's cough too bcz we are sleep deprived.

I totally lost it when I carried C1 in after his bath and he was rolling around on the bed instead of changing. bcz I was sleep deprived plus afraid that he would get even sicker when the wind blows on naked him. in the end, a yelling, screaming me. ugly sight, i tell you, ugly. Sigh.

what a terrible weekend. this... too... shall.... pass....!
I need to cut myself some slack.

I am glad it is Monday today.

PB
oh u can't do lunch? then are u able to meet me at orchard on fri and i pass u the stuff? cos i m meeting a fren there on fri for lunch....

cellow
yes cut ourselves some slack.....
impt to do that!!!

Jacelyn and mummies whom have brought their kids to Hong Kong recently...may i ask some questions here pls?

is stroller necessary? i heard its not v child friendly but i cannot imagine carrying a kiddo the whole day. still can't decide whether to bring..

jacelyn, i think u just came back right? hows the weather? cold?

Sy
Sure let's meet fri at orchard, lunch time. Sms to let me know where ok?

Cellow
Sayang sayang. Hope the kids get better soon. Load up on Vit C, C family!

In. Serious. Nesting. Mode.

missysz
Hongkong - Stroller is a MUST for me kekeke... although not very stroller-friendly, but it is still manageable. Just be prepared to carry your kids when it comes to stairs. When your kids are tired, it'll be good if you have the stroller cuz they can nap and we can use the stroller to keep our shopping bags.

thanks sdchick..
happy.gif
i thought of the napping part too but hubby said can stay in cafe if the boy wants to sleep. but i think i would rather make use of the time to shop. btw, when u said not stroller friendly, is it only at the train station area or is it everywhere?

hi mummies,

anyone knows of a good easter sunday brunch and not that ex??
Hotels are charging like mad just to eat brunch..
a family of us four can cost $400...

but not an excuse not to celebrate cos its Kayden's birthday!

Wow smiggle, I still remember his FIRST birthday party!

Just wondering
Anyone's kids enjoys burgers? I just made the most delicious chicken patties sandwiched in the cutest little buns but guess who totally refused them? She needed lots of coaxing and finally ate only the patties and the side of fries I made. Sheesh. Oh well, I'm enjoying them myself!

hi everyone!! I had a great weekend! got free tix to Barney on sunday, and I thought we were soooo over Barney already right? but since got free tix so just go loh... and guess who enjoyed himself? aiyo... the non stop singing and dancing... I'm very tempted to bring him to watch more of these.. makes me happy to see him happy..
happy.gif

Then also got free tix to go Night Safari, then reach CCK area for dinner start to rain like mad.. little one was soooo disappointed... but luckily the tix is valid till Oct this year so can go again.. next time must make a mental note to remind me to check weather before planning for such outdoor activities!

oh oh, the ECP escapade is suppose to be this sat or next!

but but but, I have to reschedule both because this sat, 4-6, Eboy got a slot to attend a trial at the tennis school ... then the following sat just informed by my brother that he finally decided to throw my niece a party and its next sat... sun evening keen??

ya I also remember Kayden's 1st BD party! Our kiddos are 4 this year!!!! sooooooo fast....

cellow, chill. all of us went through this once in a while... you're still a good ma ma..
happy.gif

Guess who was on a short fuse and lost it at kiddo this evening cos he just won't sit still and concentrate on what we were doing, then took ages to swallow that tiny yummy fish oil capsule and dwindled and stalled at every single thing we did! Then whined non stop when I scolded him arrgh!!!

Now feeling bad for being so impatient with him during that short one hour I have with him before bed.. N now he's taking a long time to fall asleep SIGH

NOT a good day... Nothing's gone well so far!

Don't know what Geomag is, haven't really paid attention, but for boys who love vehicles and wheels, there's this make-your-own thingy which Dec got for his 3rd birthday last year which I thought we wouldn't really be using till much later cos the box says for ages 6 and up. To my surprise, he started making his own stuff last week during the March hols. But must still be careful cos certain parts can kiap.

PB,
Dec has never been a fan of burgers. Actually me too la. Not a fan of burgers. Gimme fried chicken or nuggets anytime. Well, remember the buns are carbs, so are the fries. So maybe just too much carbs already?

youpi,
L has to wake up so early becos he gets woken up by S preparing for school right?

smiggle - I too remember
happy.gif
..i think you made nasi lemak? gosh..seems so long ago..

and really our little ones are turning 4 ..last year we did the donut celebration at botanical gardens..are we planning another BG bday outing this year?
happy.gif

youpi - seems like i hv nt seen u for so long
happy.gif
. so tempted with the rasa sayang as a staycation but we booked hard rock sentosa for the good friday weekend already..will KIV for next staycation!

PB - dont think i hv fed Bean burgers..but she did finish off my eggs benedict over the weekend :p

Waking up early
L follows me to send kor kor to school, hence the early wakeup call. Not looking forward to tomorrow as he'll definitely be a cranky old man... bleaugh. Me going to sleep now, so that I can be calm when that happens...

actually i think i only ate burgers in my teens. but those itsy bitsy little buns are too cute la haha. but anyhoo i suppose that means it's mama's cooking: 1 and fast food: 0 for now :D

bbp
yup so her dinner ended up being chicken patties and fries.

they were DELICIOUS by the way! i used this recipe http://food-4tots.com/2010/09/26/chicken-and-corn-patties/ and modified it by adding diced mushrooms, worchestishire sauce and some italian herbs. AND a tiny bit of ham. it was suuuuuuper yum!

i wonder how come i missed out on last year's party! yes yes on for a celebration this year at BG!!

youpi,
thanks! saw that too but was wondering if their food is nice..
the main point is to let kayden enjoy..
don think we the adults will need to eat buffet..

cin bunny
yes, i rem them droolin over the donuts..
lets do another..

Kayden's 1st bdae
Hee, made nasi lemak and mee siam..
I still have the toys you guys gave.. passing on the Kasper now...haha..
Rem the pix where all the babies guai guai wear the party hats?
haiz, time flies....

well i got up at 6am this morning as C1 was coughing nearly non stop. Mr C brought him back to the doctor this morning... this time to the PD, no more GP....

smiggle,
haha yes i rem that bday party! and the meringue! pity C1 was not in the pix w the party hats as he was snoozing away in the room!

pb, that link... HAHAHHAHA! sure puts me off having a third one, or even considering one. ah niang lao liao, cannot tahan the late nights. a few nights of sleeplessness and *i* m super cranky, let alone C1.

youpi,
thanks! how did you cope this morning w L's late hours and early waking?

PB
jh loves burgers!! and that is the only time he eats fast...haha

Michelle
sun evening? what time? Jx has swimming till about 5pm....

Cellow
My phone alarm did not ring! We overslept! Thank goodness our natural body clocks got us awake at 6.30am. Rushed and made it in time! Phew! Primary school is not like nursery and kindy, cannot happy happy galek in at any time!

Back