(2008/06) June 2008

Hi feifei, long time no see.
I on for bash too. Fidgets sound good or one of those indoor gym place. My little gym? Gymboree?
Charlotte taking any enrichment class now?

Connie,
Which montesorri? This one?
http://summermontessori.blogspot.com/
How often r the classes and when? Fees?
I will be keen to explore if the lessons are weekdays evenings. Send my girl there and allow me time to bond with my younger boy. I have no time for my poor boy now. Boohoo.

Wah, can recognise A to Z ah? I dun think she can recognise all of them but most of them. I teach her Caps too, but she somehow can relate the Caps to the small alphabets. Maybe through the iPhone games that she plays? Hehe.

Zuen,
yes, starting that this saturday, morning.
Think fee is $380/12 session. Cheaper than LNT.
Got phonics n maths.

If u keen, can call n ask. Tell them I introduce then I will have discount for my boy sch fee.

So u facing same issue. haha. I hardly got time for my gal. Worst when my boy throw temper. Thinking of taking care of my gal at night so that I can have more time with her. Still pondering can I coop with 2 tobbles. Who is sleeping with ur boy?

Connie,
Ah, sat morning I work lah. No point. Hoho. Tell me after e class starts if it is good.
My boy is slping with my mum n helper now but I m still taking night feed cos latching. Really no time for him cos jiejie very sticky when we come home from work n she noes how to demand for our attention. My poor little boy only gong gong sit one corner.

Zuen,
Don think they have evening class cos they occupied RC. SLowly la, urs will know how to come to u when he started to crawl. My gal will shout first when she see me.

Connie,
Good idea hor...shall see if i can find out any infor there =).

ZuEn,
hi ya, how are u coping ith 2 kids?
Charlotte is attending zoophonics now lor =D. Hows little zuen?

I dunno wat my boy is doing in his CC, now that they have scrap away the weekly fotos due to change of ownership to Kinderland. He bring back art pieces but fewer than before. He learn new songs but also fewer than before. But i notice that the cc has done some improvement like re-arrange the outdoor area with a nice sand pit.

They got enrichment but again when i ask for details, not much details given and no creditials or watever so i tot dun let him start enrichment since i am not sure if it is good or not.

Connie,
Haha. He has just mastered flipping. Waiting for him to become mobile.

Feifei,
Double e tiredness lor. Forever not enuff time n slp. When r u giving Charlotte a sibling? Hehe. Lil zuen is fine but attention seeking now. She's attending my little gym now and loves it. I m considering zoophonics too but e nearest branch to my place is some ulu jurong place n needs to take bus lor. How is zoophonics? Beneficial? Parent-child class?

Connie,
Ya lor at blk 502. Not directly accessible by mrt, must take bus somemore. -.o" I cannot imagine dragging my girl up e bus. Never taken bus with her before except e sentosa bus. E plcs that I go with her usu accessible by mrt or hb will drive us. But my hb has to work on weekends too, so I forsee times that I will b sending her to class.

Hi ZuEn,

Takling abt #2, we are considering having a lit dragon but i v many concerns cos my studies will hv to defer to a later date til i hv given birth...so hor, i am still considering..keke..

I hv a fren whose ger has been with zoophonics for more than 1yr liao, so far not bad lor. Char is in the zookids class whereby no parents are allowed to go in de, so for the 1.5hrs, it will be her attendign the class alone....Of cos for the 1st lesson, sure hv cryings but now, she can wave bye to us and after class tel us she likes sch =D..So i guess its not bad ba...

Zuen,
I have to admit that I'm a lazy mommy. Initially wanted to try the Zoophonics but the thought on the journey make me re-think. So now I'm trying the RC phonics, if good will continue. so far, heard not bad from those mommies outside the class. Not cheap lei. Cost $380/12 session.

YOu can go shopping after u send her there, so have some me-time.
How much is the Zoophonics?

Feifei,
Jia you! Can always study later IMO. E older we give birth, e more difficult. But seriously no time with 2 kids.

Connie,
I also lazy. I dun mind if accessible by mrt but it is not lor. No point leaving e plc n gg back to fetch her after class. Haiz, I mudlst think carefully. I duno how much, feifei shld Noe.

Connie,
Ya lor, but nothing much there to shop leh except shop n save ans some smal shops there..Most of e time hb and I will sit in the Mac enjoying our bf while waiting for char =D.

Zoophonics is $120 per mth for english and chinese class for 1.5hr for zookids. If just purely english, $100 per mth. If you pay per term, its slightly cheaper, tink 3 mths $300+ but i forgot e exact amt le..mayb u can call them to ask lor =D. But hv to pay $20 for their materials as they hv 2 books..

ZuEen,
ya lor, now onoi with char, i felt so guitly all e time cos no time for her...hiaz...so i really tinking hard first....

Ya, crazily far. But I rem that u live in pungol.
happy.gif

Oh no. I was half contemplating to send dd to jw zoophonics leh. Now I really sian. Hmmm... I think I will start looking around. Maybe GUG?

Connie,
Haiz.. Really wonder if I shld change school when she reaches k1 leh. I m very interested in the jurong Calvary church but too faaarrrr away.

Roxy got e slot Liao. I didnt go for e ballot last wk. If u wan, have to put on waitlist now.
If wan to change y not nxt year? Earlier e better.
They have school bus.

Zuen
That day I took the course outline from Mrs Chong. Look ok lei but how good are they, we are still unsure but 1 thing for sure, they are the most x church kindy in Jurong. Are they the same company as the City harvest church?

ST francis, JCK, JCCK all less than $200/mth.

But whichever u choose, ur gal will take school bus so no difference.

Connie,
They have school bus but long travelling time. My niece study in Jck n lives in centris. E school bus journey to sch is one hr everyday lor. I m reluctant to subject my girl to this kind of traveling. Haiz.

Connie,
I duno if centris is e last stop but she takes bus 1 hr b4 sch starts lor. I think very cruel to make my girl travel 1 hour on bus to reach school lor.

Zuen,
Oh dear. Better don't since they are so small. Luckly I never enrol him there but I saw a few parents from my area did. I will prefer the nearer the better. So will you continue to let her study at CNL?

My hb said that the system in CNL not organise and kids are running out of the door when they open it. He wonder do the teachers really recognise who fetch who when a few kids just dash out of the door. He fetch him 3x all the same. Last time when I fetch my nephew from PCF, they called 1 by 1. Very organise.

At first I thought St francis will be my next choice if CNL cannot make it but the registration is 250+ which include partial school fee. Not cheap lei. Have to confirm latest by Monday. Not sure what to do now. haha

If he can settle in CNL, then I will not change. I don't want him to keep changing and trying to adapt again & again.

Can u recall last time when Mrs Chong show you the kids spelling, I recall only bag, cat etc. Words that are similiar. Heard PCF learning Ambulance, fire-engine etc... AT K1 & K2, they should be teaching simple words or longer one?

There is an open house for Eccokid tomorrow from 10 -12am at Yunnan. Do you want to visit them? Their cost are higher but heard very good. The teacher will call if your kid fall down or watever. My friend's boy was enjoying the school there and he learn a lot of things. Fees about 300++/mth.

Zuen,

My girl also take 1hr + to reach school by school bus. I was so worried before....but it has been 3 months and she is happy because on the bus have friends...and they can entertain each other. She keeps telling me about this "hong li kor kor" that she sees in her school bus. Wa lau...so young got bf liao. hahaha

Connie,
I really have no idea wor. I have the same tot as you, that I dun want her to go to a new school and adjust all over again if she really like CNL.
St Francis is Anglican or Catholic?
The reason why I chose CNL is bcos I want to expose her to Christian background earlier, thus send her to CNL despite further and need to take school bus. So Eccokid is out for me.
I am looking at enrichment now. Almost wanted to sign her up for Zoo but change mind after seeing the reviews. Called "I can read" and totally not impressed with the admin person whom I spoke to. Still sourcing. Intending to sign her up after she turns 3.
How is the montesorri place that your boy is attending?

Janiviy,
My girl also Ok with taking school bus. She has friends too. I am the one with the perception that it is "cruel". It probably isnt. ;p Just that I worry about her wanting to go toilet during the ride or falling asleep or hungry.. I am just worried lah. ;p

Connie,
how did you noe that Rozy's boy got into JCK? She lives near to me and I am wondering how is her boy gg to get to school. Wanted to PM her but her PM not activated.
Haiz, this school hunting game is so tiring and stressful. I wanted to give my girl a good childhood, less stress but everybody all running and shoving, making me join the jostle too. -.o"

Zuen,
agree, I really very stress out in deciding which sch to send. I learn my mistake not to listen to others. When they say the sch is good but it might be years back and management might changed. I do not want to stress them as well else they will have no childhood. I just want him to enjoy his study life.

An hr bus journey might be stress for kids, I also cannot tahan the 1 hr when I'm in poly, how can I convince myself to put my kid when they are so young.

I sms Roxy as she told me she might want to enrol in st francis end up she went to JCK ballot.

TOday my boy go for 2nd class in the montissori. He walk into the class n bye bye to me. Surprise the teacher as she is expecting him to cry. He put his bag and go search for his story book. Think he enjoy the class as well.

Connie,
Wah, that is great! Other than phonics class, I m starting to look at music n ballet liao. I realized that 3 yo is a great milestone.

Zuen,
3 yrs can go ballet? I'm thinking of swimming but the normal age to start the class is 4 yrs old.

For music, he don't seem to be interested in instruments at this moment. What music are you looking at?

By the way, I realise something weird. Every round after he go pee, he will tell me he did not poo. Not sure y but I suspect this is wat the teacher teach. Do you have same issue?

Connie,
Yup, 3yo. I m also intending to send dd to swimming class when she can take instructions, so abt 4yo.
As for music, either music appreciation or drum.

Dd doesn't mention abt no pooing after she pees leh.

Zuen,
Did u see the books that was returned by the school? Wonder y they haven't start learning pi hua for chinese.

My frien told me that based on the spelling that I seem last round, the sch did teach phonics.

Oh just to share, MY LITTLE GENIUS has branches in Hougang & Jurong and they are having an open house.

Below is a email reply from them:
"Open House will be on 19th and 20th March 2011 from 10am-6pm. On these 2 days, we have preview sessions to share with parents more details of My Little Genius Programme at the following timeslots:

10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm

As there are limited seats for each session, do let us know which session you would prefer to attend so that we can reserve a seat for you.

Here’s some information about My Little Genius.

My Little Genius is a Multi-Dimensional, thematic-based Whole-Brain Stimulation Programme specially catered for children from 6 months to 5 years old. It is a bilingual programme using brain stimulation technologies to unleash the genius potential in your child. This is a skill-based programme which helps your child to learn and develops their lifelong love of learning. Classes are conducted in English and Chinese for 6 consecutive cycles in a term. This is a one-parent accompanied programme, one term consists of 12 weeks and each lesson is 70 minutes long. Activities are conducted in a fun and enjoyable manner for the children such that they will think they are playing. Through play, children learn faster and better without themselves realising it.

Currently we have programme for your child's age group in our Genius Immersion Programme.

Course fees for our programme are as follows:
Weekday (Thursday or Friday) classes @ $620 per term of 12 weeks
Weekend (Saturday or Sunday) classes @ $680 per term of 12 weeks
A registration/annual membership fee of $50 and a refundable deposit of $100 apply.

There will be the following Promotions for children who register during our OPEN HOUSE:
1. Waiver of $50 Registration Fee
2. Free Colour Memory Kit (worth $52.80)
3. Refer a friend and enjoy additional 5% discount off term fee for both you and your friend."

http://www.mylittlegenius.com.sg/

<font color="aa00aa">hello everyone!
i m back again after a very long absence from here &amp; this thread is still very much alive...
happy.gif
hope i havent been forgotten.

zuen: miss catching up wif u at ashton's 1st mth.</font>

Connie,
Aiya.. U got me in gan cheong mode again. I was just feeling comforted that the school is doing proper craftwork n teaching in school when dd brought back those books. She is starting to sing a few new songs at home too. Then u ask why they not learning pi hua. Now must learn liao? I realized dd haven even master pencil skill leh.

Crystal,
It has been a long while! Yup, e whole family overslept lor. We only headed down in e evening after e afternoon nap. :p

Zuen,
haha. Not on purpose. I also feel better after seeing the books but when I see the chinese one, faint liao. No pi hua at all. All tough words.
PG is learning pi hua lei. Little learners and the montessori at my side show me the pi hua.

I talk to my friend on tue, she ask me go enrol chinese, math and english enrichment. Wat Morris, pnp etc. Go blur. Her boy is K1 now and she started all these when he is N1 which is our pre-nursery. After a few weeks, his boy can read story books by his own.

She was saying if our luck is good and kanna last few slot in the ballot, the teachers will interview the kids to ask them question. This is wat happens to her friend kids. Isn't this more stressful?

My friends son is in the English enrichment class in clementi. She came all the way from thomson. The enrichment sch will kick those students that cannot make it. Imagine enrichment also have this trend and he is only K1.

I'm still very relax thinking the montessori is enough till my friends told me all these. Very stress yet don't feel like presurring him too much. He is already a bit weird recently.

Connie,
Arghh.. Stress. N if we want to enroll kids in good pri school, can start to q to do pv Liao. Do u Noe which pri school good in west?

Zuen,
Must start PV so early? Any idea when can start?

Best is Rulang but going in is v tough. Near to our area are Jurong West, West groove.
Heard Xingnan are good too as many professor place their kids there.

Connie,
I must have shock u. :p
I also duno how n when to do pv. a friend whose kid is1 yr older was telling me that she's gg to call school liao. I dun think start pv next year but some very good schools require parents to q up just to be a pv lor.

I m actually hoping for dd to go into Fairfield Methodist but has to take school bus.
Where is xiangnan?
I heard must go n do homework, must go school n see how good, principal good or not n also race percentage.

Back