(2008/06) June 2008

shycloud,

i also stop my nite pumping when i start work. impossible cos the zzz monster catch me. sometimes i am so tired tat my bb cry i also dunno. then my hb got to wake me up.

ellysia,
hmm.. cos the teat of size 1 is small and he kept sucking bery hard.. and couldnt suck well as too small.. den i go buy size 2 to try... it fitted nicely in his mouth and he suck normally.. i dunno when to change oso.. jus trial n error.. i bot all kind of sizes.. size 1 small n medium n large holes.. size 2 small n medium holes.. so size 2 medium best now..

ellysia, fenugreek got side effect? tot only the milk tea has...ya, cradle cap can actually leave alone but read tat some moms use calendula with gd effect, as for pimples can use cool boiled water to clean face regularly esp after feeding. dunno bout the coconut juice but tot it's so tat wen bb pops out dun have the whitish layer...

i usu wash the changing mat if i've used it outside, but i have 1 at ILs plc & 3 more at hm. i'm only ok if use on my bed cos i know how often my sheets r changed

danryan, my boy's also using no 2 teat

shycloud,

i read up this website kellymom.com. got many useful bf articles.

shern,

i read got forummers feedback got side effects. if u read up on fenugreek on internet search, can see.

my bb born got whitish layer of skin then peel off within 1 week. pd say cos my bb is born v close to due date. then the pimples he say is bec due to hormones. i read some internet articles say is hormones from placenta.

ellysia..
ya knew abt this too...but home no internet access so lotsa things i found out only after i came back to work after 2 mths. nvm lah..better late than never..

iamsnow

no pm fr u leh...i wanna pack my things going back now....will read yr pm tonite...

take care all mommies......have a nice journey home...chao

ellysia,
the teat is bigger hole cant really see the diff.. kekeke.. but i believe its slightly bigger..

ellysia....
my maid taught me a method to get rid of cradle cap and it works...
happy.gif
abt half hr before bb bath, apply baby oil on the scalp... then wash off during bath...
she did this when we noticed the cradle cap was coming and it is effective in controlling it...

<font color="aa00aa">hi veniz / feifei / shycloud,
just back from the snef brief couple of hrs back. where would u gers like me to start? wat would u like to know abt the parenthood rebate? let me know n i try to share as much as i can here.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">ellysia, the glass bottle i used was from hospital one. Some can only store 80ml, if store more the cap will kena burst open. But now, mostly i freeze using milkbag liao, can store more.</font>

leng leng.. thanks! my bb poo liao and a lot accordingly to my mil.. from my experience.. the longest he nv poo is 3 days.. and today is the 3rd day but mil dun noe n make a big fuss and ask me to look for solution myself.. ;(

ellysia... about mil.. i can understand... sigh.. how i wish i can quit and take care of him on my own..

<font color="aa00aa">Finally get to settle down and can come online. This afternoon was real busy at work with 2 meeting and i almost missed my pumping session.

ellysia, there's a brand called dentinox which had shampoo for cradle cap. I heard my collegue said is very effective. Her son oso had cradle cap.</font>

leng leng - thanks!

how do the mommies here deal with the transition back to work? were the first few days very difficult? how to manage the separation? i really dread d day...

Hi dreeym, welcome to June mommies thread.
Today first day back, too buzy to miss bb much, only had time to miss during expressing. I called my babies up once a day to check them up.

Hey my ladies,
I will be leaving this sat to tokyo &amp; i have to say it was such a nice time knowing all of you and meeting up etc...i will be very bz the next few days so i better write now...
Please do drop me an email if you are planning to visit Tokyo (so I can provide address) - to visit your dear new forum friend..Xris..&amp; newcomer Baby Maia...:p
My number will still remain the same - 65.9226.7217 and once I have a Japan no I will inform you.
Once again, my email is [email protected] - MSN is [email protected] &amp; Skype is xrissy160779
Please keep my contact and I again sincerely invite you to come Tokyo to visit me - Accomodation &amp; babysitting Baby Maia are complimentary (if you guys arent tired of looking after your own)! wahahaha...
Take care &amp; we will keep in touch on forum!
love, xris

Hey Xris, we r gonna miss u n maia. Take care n keep in touch!!!

RE: Avent teat
I started using #2 for my boy and me helper says he got difficulty sucking compared to #1. don noe why like tat. i saw b4 #2 got 2 types. which type is for milk?

hi xris,

we will definitely miss u and maia....do continue to join in the forum and keep us updated...

and as for the toothbrush u ordered, i will pass to u in nov when u r back....dont forget to contact me.

also....do upload ur photos too !

hi

i also got all avent teats for various age...

may i check cos i have 6 avent bottles with no 1. do u all throw away or keep when change to 2?

cos me feel that a bit wasted if throw away but not sure if can keep or not?

Morning mommies
happy.gif

Xris, do come in this thread often when u r in Tokyo
happy.gif
Added u to msn.
Have you let Maia to drink from the bottle? I managed to get bb Jaret to finally drink from the Pigeon bottle after kena rejected Avent and Dr.Brown.

MLP, for avent teat, last time got 2 types whereby one is used for regular bottles and the other type is used for the disposable nurser (but was discontinued by Avent). See pic in the link http://www.selfexpressions.com/avdinu3.html
Another type of Avent teat is the variable teat http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/gb/consumer/cc/_productid_SCF635_27_GB_CONSUMER/Teat+SCF635-27

Jenny, for my big boss when he was a bb, I got poke holes in the new unused Avent teat when he upgrade to a higher flow (teat flow #1 - 1 hole, #2 - 2 holes, teat #3- 3 holes etc) Otherwise the new teats wasted leh.

<font color="aa00aa">Xris, i had added u in my skype. Do come in here often when u r in Tokyo then we can chat chat.

nss, u use needle to poke hole? Coz i realised Avent teat very hard, easy to poke?</font>

Morning gers,
Moo moo-ing now. i m getting lazier &amp; lazier. Night time only wake up once to express. ;p

Leng leng,
Wun pop no. 2 so quickly bah. I got pre-eclampsia for the 1st one. Havent get over my phobia yet.

ioio,
My ger constipated when I start substituting FM. I brought her to PD on the 4th day.

MLP,
It happened to me in the beginning. Milk ss not form yet, then try to pump so using high suction and pump very long. In the end, nipple started bleeding.

Morning ladies...
Me bk to work liao...

Xris,
We will miss u here ya...Hope to have a chance to visit tokyo and visit in Japan one day..my target is in 3yrs time..hehe =D..

U take good care ya...DO pop in when u are bk to tokyo =D.

Zuen,
hihi...But ur MS still mantain?

Mornin...
Felicia, how much did you pay for rotavirus and 6 in 1 ? given in yishun polyclinic?
my next visit is next month...3mths jab.

<font color="aa00aa">Riz, nope. My ger rota and 6 in 1 was given in private PD clinic at Malaysia as tat time i was still on my maternity leave and hvnt come bak here. We paid RM270.
But this coming 2nd jab, we'll let her take in singapore but yet decide which clinic to go.

Ur baby 1st jab was given at which clinic?</font>

Felicia..wah i am confused with this jabs..
sad.gif

she had 2 jabs at hospital (BCG &amp; HepA 1st dose)
Next jab given when she was 1mth..hep 2nd dose..tis comin 3mths will hv another jab..i dono wats tat..
i ask the nurse abt the 5in1 &amp; 6in1 ..she say we can see wat we want when we bring her tis monday for the 3mths jab... :eek:
i am totaly confused wif wats 5in1 and 6 in1..wats the difference?

<font color="aa00aa">Riz, for my ger , i'm letting her taking 6 in 1. I know if u given ur ger hepa 2nd dose on her one mth old, then u r choosing 5 in 1 oredy. Coz for 6 in 1, the hepa will be taken after 6weeks old. Tat means for 6 in 1, hepa is include inside the 6 in 1 jab. If i remember, correctly, the PD told me 6 in 1 jab had 2 jabs lesser than 5 in 1. This is oso the reason i chose 6 in 1, coz dont want my ger poke so many times. I heartpain.</font>

morning ladies!

rizty,
rotavirus not available at polyclinic. I went to a GP fo all the jabs at sembawang. this GP quite good with kids. rotavirus i paid around 95. something like that.

Felicia, yep i used needle to poke. But there was a time my bbsitter used scissor to cut, i was jumping mad.

dreeym,i express 3x at work, ot easy cos cannot MIA for too long, initially vol dropped, but i express as well as latch on at home to make up. Let's Jia You together
happy.gif
I m targetting TBF for 1 year
happy.gif

nss,
u target 1 yr? wah.... i target 6 mths. coz hubby already complaining want to go overseas liao. bf how to go overseas? bb dun want to drink frozen milk...

<font color="aa00aa">iamsnow, your baby was taking 6 in 1 or 5 in 1. How much u paid include the rota? Can give me the clinic name? Coz i'm looking for good PD for my ger coming 3mths 2nd 6 in 1 jab.</font>

Big boss 1 year, so lil' boss target 1 year, try not to 'pian xin'
happy.gif

iamsnow, you can go oversea once ur bb eats porridge, then bb will not go hungry
happy.gif

I brought big boss oversea to Msia and HK while BF last time. Heehee. Lil' boss gg too next March
happy.gif

morning ladies

ritzy
my gal going to have her 3rd jab this Friday, i have to decide to have 5in1 or 6in1 package or for FREE....my hubby will decide later.

morning mummies..
too tired this morning so slept again for another 30 mins...late for public transport hence took cab which costs me a freaking 12 bucks!!! it used to be less than 10 bucks (tats b4 they implement the 35% surcharge)

must save liao...cannot anyhow spend on cabbies. but but i really need tat 30 mins cos after i woke up i feel more refreshed.

MLP, the Avent airflex teat can be be used for slow, medium or fast flow. But somehow, last time try for my big boss, he dun like.

Back