(2008/06) June 2008

<font color="aa00aa">Babycupid,
The 6hrs was a one-time thingie so far which happened over the wkend on sat’s nite. Her last feeding was @ 230am, then she refuse to sleep, so hb n me put her next to us &amp; pat her. By 3.30am, she still not asleep (eyes big big) but we 2 doze off liao. We think she played on her own then till she falls asleep cos by the time we woke up at 830am, she’s still sleeping. So from 230am to 830am, she didn’t dd to be fed, hence the 6-hrs interval. My bb got mood one lar…all these also depend on her mood. Most of the time, she wun sleep n wan us to entertain her also. If she can be like tat everynite, I over the moon liao.

Feifei,
Yar lor…time reai flies…..lil ZuEn even older than mine cos I remember ZuEn delivered hers earlier than me…
Same here, last sat woke up n realize bb went w/o milk for 6-hrs stretch, so scare she go hungry, then wake her up for feed, she still like dun-wan kinda of attitude…. Geeezzzz…..

Jenny / babycupid,
Sure or not? Dun scare me ley…my ger now 2mths &amp; a day liao &amp; still wearing mittens &amp; booties. Cos her finger nails always very sharp no matter how I trim for her, scare she scratch herself, so keep her mittens on. If it restrict growth of her hands &amp; feet, then think I better remove them when I go home tonite liao.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">ZuEn,
hahahahha....cant believe it, i was jus telling feifei in my earlier posting tat bb ZuEn older than bb Crystal &amp; here u ve jus mentioned it as well...LOL, great minds think alike?
mine bb depends on her mood one lar...when she good mood, we can leave her to "play" on her own, when she bad mood (which happens most of the time), we can even put her down, she wants to be carried! arms reai very tiring but i tell myself at least i get free wtg training....hahahhaaa....wtg still going down...another kg &amp; hopefully i be back to pre-wedding wtg...keeping my fingers crossed...</font>

ladies!

ask u all ar, how to remove odor in fridge? Any idea? my mil put durian inside the fridge. now fridge smell of durian. bb milk inside leh....

iamsnow, if not wrong, I read from magazine that can put two slices of white bread, can absorb the odour. not try this method yet myself but if you do have bread at home now, worth trying. Otherwise, when you free, go diaso get the charcoal (those prevent odour) to put in fridge. I got one charcoal to put in living room to prevent house odour, not bad.

iamsnow,
maybe try toast a slice of bread until burnt, then put it inside the fridge, or charcoal,or maybe pandan leaf

talking about fridge, i may have to throw all my supplies of EBM in the freezer, bcos the side by side fridge, fridge side is not cold, freezer now ok, but if service man come, may turn off power, not sure how long he takes to service, if too long, frozen milk defrost, cant keep liao, sianz, so many bottles n bags wasted, have to start building the supplies again, now maybe difficult bcos bb will suck from both breasts most of the time

JP,
When 2 demands 100% attention, I will give bb attention first, and tell #1 to wait by explaining that bb is still small and need attention first. #1 is big korkor liao and ask him to help shake rattle/throw dirty diaper etc. But will still sayang #1 with my free hand. After bb sleep, will give #1 my full attention.

Veniz, perhaps can meet up for tea when you visit your mum in future. You fetch ur #1 from school before bring him over to visit ur mum?

Samsoon/Pris, I made bb passpost at the ICA, got his photo taken there as I am not good with taking photos. The passport photo auntie is very good at catching bb awake. My bb only open his eyes for 2 minutes and they manage to take a nice photo.

iamsnow, can try pandan leaves/ lemon or tea leaves?

Stocking up bm supply:
Just surveying, for TBF mommies, when do you intend to start storing EBM before going back to work? I intend to start expressing and storing one month before starting work.

Jessica,
my in laws stay at marsiling too, block 124, last time we will bring our #1 back to their house on sundays after church, think will go after this #2 full month

i love to use pupsik baby pouch.
whenever I go out, I use that n the best part s no need to adjust anything.
Although my bb looks all cramp up in it, she loves it and fall asleep through out.
but i get a lot of stares when i go out.

Fennie: when we go out, we give him FM coz i dun hv much milk ss anyway...

iamsnow: i started taking fenugreek too, but dun see any improvements...

LengLeng: me not enuff rest, not enuff water intake too...always forget to drink water...coz everytime bb sleeps, i try to nap too...either way, am in my room most of the time, so always forget to drink water..

hi
for those who have ordered fenurgreek from me. just to update you that it should be here within 6-8 days, so i am expecting to receive by early next week. will keep you all posted again. thanks.

hi all mummies,

meet at Compasspoint for a small gathering
happy.gif

Date: 25July08(friday)
Time: 12.30noon(lunch)
Venue: Swensen, Compasspoint, Seng Kang

1. Shirley(aprilmum)
2. Jesslyn
3. Nicole(feifei)
4. babycupid
5. Veniz(maybe)

lengleng,

wanna join??

mummies,

come join us
happy.gif

meet at Compasspoint for a small gathering

Date: 25July08(friday)
Time: 12.30noon(lunch)
Venue: Swensen, Compasspoint, Seng Kang

1. Shirley(aprilmum)
2. Jesslyn
3. Nicole(feifei)
4. babycupid
5. Veniz(maybe)
6. Jenny(maybe)

juliet08

I also dunno leh. I think ppl seldom see mothers carrying their babies in pouches. I really got a lot of comments when I buy things. Like some said, "good hor, can like that carry and walk ard" "wah, its easy and bb wont fall out"

I always thought the pouch is very common. Until I start wearing then I got diff perspective.

taking baby to PD for one month check, adding 1.1 kg loh, very healthy. Got some vitamin, iron fluid for her. Feeding her, wow, she spit out all of them. clearly she does not like the taste. Thinking to mix vitamin with breast milk to bottle feed her. Anyone doing that?

<font color="aa00aa">Veniz, i got the cloths from maternalove liao. The size i brought is L which i based on the bust size. So size L was ok for me but the waist part a bit loose, so overall is ok. Anyhow, now must wear bit loose on the waist part to cover the sagging tummy. haha...

Btw, i think this materna is a home based business coz i saw the return address was in Tampines area some hdb block.</font>

shirley
try to get those injection syringe, and place ur medi in it. I feed mine this way 1ml by ml, and she have no choice but to swallow it. As its little, she can hardly puke out.

Babycupid,
my ger stopped wearing mittens and booties when she was 3wks old cos all too small for her lor..

LengLeng,
good idea leh, demostrate BF...=D..

Julie,
keep pumping ya , i know its tiring lor..

Prisiclia,
tks for e infor ya..

veniz,
I apply each time i change diaper wor..is it too much?

Hi Felicia,
How fast did you get your item from materna love after ordering? did you post any queries to materna love b4 you buy? they responsive? me thinking of getting tops from thr too.. which blouse did you get, mind if I ask?

nss, I am now at my mum's place, she actually stay CCK ave 4. Just went to Lot 1's New York New York Restaurant for lunch with my Yew Tee Aunt, the service sucks. Let me know if meeting Lot 1 is fine for you or not as I will come here every week, depends on my mum's offday. MY #1 does not come with me coz he is with my MIL who stays Clementi, I dun really go fetch him, hee, save the trouble lor.

Jenny, thanks for info on fenugreek.

Juliet, i drink lots of water each day but seems MS is still the same as usual. Will be trying to get Mother's Milk Tea to try these few days.

Fei Fei, for the nappy rash cream, if Charlotte genital area not red, dun have to apply. Last time I used to apply it everytime on baby, but then, my CL told me if not red, can dun apply, scare later next time baby skin get used to the creamy, and if we want to 'wean' off it when baby grows up, it may be a bit difficult as bb's skin get used to have cream applied on everytime. Also, if the area not always red, u dun use much and can save more on the cream.

Felicia, thanks for the info. I saw that S size is for bust 36" and I am 36", but I have feeling that the shoulder area and waist area may be tight for me, so I think I will go for M size which is bust 38". I have broad shoulders and round tummy. now trying to get rid of the stupid tummy. The blouses you get is nice. The brown rose is it the true colour and design as shown? Coz I interested in the butterfly sleeves one, heehee.

aprilmum, I will confirm my attendance with you on Tuesday afternoon can? Coz I will be out on next Mon &amp; Tues, and if still go out on Wed, dunno I can tahan or not, hee.

ladies,

how much milk are ur baby taking at this stage? and the frequency?

I am thinking how much to store in each bottle when going back to work. dun wan to put too much in case cannot finish then wasted. put too little then afraid she's not having enough.

juliet, ok, I am hoping to get it at the organic store near my place, otherwise have to look around. A mummy told me to drink more water, take fenugreek pills, eat papaya, drink this tea to boost MS. I am trying to work up my supply even though its sufficient now.

veniz, my ss already low liao...if after all these still can't boost ss, then i'll give up liao...pump until breasts pain also!

hi veniz
Im drinking mother milk's tea now and I find it helps me maintain my ss though i stop drinking fish head soup. I bought them overseas, tong pang a friend... 3 boxes plus shipping abt S$21... each box has 16 packets

Dis is the one I bought, but didnt buy from this website

http://www.tealand.com/MothersMilk.asp

Roxy, ok, I occasionally drink fish head soup nowadays even though I just bought a big fish head to store in fridge. For teh milk's tea, at first I thought its those packeted milk tea (think super brand, etc) then later I realised, its tea to help boost mother's milk, haha. very funny thinking.

Juliet, I think the name of this tea a bit misleading leh, made me think milk tea, should be like 'teh', nice nice. now its just tea, so I dun think I will add milk to it to make 'teh' or else the taste may be funny funny

<font color="aa00aa">Veniz, the bust size is not ur bra size, do take note on this. For maternalove, the bust size was measure at the fullest of ur bust.
When i try on the L, my bust side actually was just 'fit fit' only though waist bit loose. I think coz of the BF, my breast seems to be bigger liao. haha...

The color and design is similar as pix shown. Initially i oso wanna buy tat butterfly sleeves but deisgn i might not be suitable, so i brought another one.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">piyo, the arm side for me is just nice. I consider my arm quite big size liao. hehe....
As for the lift up, i think if use pump shld be ok, but if wanna baby latch on, might be bit difficult.</font>

<font color="blue">hey ladies,
so where can we get the mother's milk tea dat roxy mentioned from spore huh??i also wanna try leh..it's not like tea wif milk hor..it's like teh-o rite?? </font>

Hello everybody
happy.gif

Aprilmun, would like to join the lunch. been gg out a lot so let me ask if ok for my mum to babysit again. SK a bit far 4 me. i confirm nearer the date, ok?

do u ladies eat a lot more for breastfeeding? i found my milk ss getting lower and i am losing a lot of weight. me now skinner than preg ancy-lost 10 kg. bb 7 weeks old. Is that normal.

Veniz, yr confinement over liao rite? Can i go and see yr bb?

juliet
Fenugreek doesnt work on me also. I have ordered goat rue &amp; more milk plus to try. Now trying to drink more water also...

Back