(2008/06) June 2008

Hi angie,
I am seeing my gyane on the 13th too!!
happy.gif
Mine is at Mt E, how abt you?
happy.gif

Hi mummies
I very greedy today, eat Lor mee and chicken/roasted meat for lunch. Then had a slice of watermelon and jelly for dessert. Then a glass of bubble tea. And I just down another curry puff leh! Aiyoh, now too bloated to do anything. kekeke... but very happy... seldom got the chance to satisfy craving...
happy.gif
Think can skip dinner later le.

Hi Connie
I started wearing my looser usual clothes... but my bottoms are mostly those under belly type so for now still can fit. If you feel uncomfy, try wearing more dresses instead of pants or skirts?

Hi Ong,
happy.gif
Welcome aboard!! Your toddler is boy or girl?
happy.gif
I have a older 3 years (coming 4 le) girl.

Abt maternity wear, now i have bot 5 maternity pants (4 from Perfect mum, 1 more Spring) and 1 maternity jeans (for weekend).

I tink i need to buy maternity tops soon, bec some of my tops are too short to cover the maternity pants (the rubber bands area) and it can be quite unsightly.

A bit stress over the maternity wear cos dun want to overspend yet most of the wear i saw are not nice (not trendy) how to suit us working mums.

dear MTBs, me too have been feeling the tightness of my tummy the other day my normal shirt is so tight that i have to unbutton the last 2 buttons and then cover up w my shawl so embarrassing! But i heard 1st pregnancy tummy is tighter subsequent pregnancies skin already been stretched so will nt be that tight le, so scary! so we better appreciate the tight tight feeling we have now!

Hi Linda i envy u can eat so much over lunch! Now appetite has reduced though my stomach still growing due to bloatness
sad.gif
why u eat watermelon and bubble tea? Not v good leh.

Hi ellysia
if you dun mind, can get fair a good deal from ebay, yahoo auctions. Most, if not all, of my maternity wear are second hand ones from auctions and I think I got pretty decent trendy ones ie 9 mois, spring, mothercare, gap and old navy at a steal. Normally, I do not pay more than $20 for tops and $30 for bottoms and cos I buy them so cheap, I can afford to buy more...kekeke...vain hor? My frens say my maternity warerobe is as extensive as normal warerobe. But I told them it's cos I dun mind second hand ones mah...
happy.gif
pregnant also must look nice leh.

shufen, i have to unbutton my pants and my colleagues even pointed out at my pants is unbutton, embarrassing too.

Guess u better go and buy some maternity pants.

hey! we posted same time.
happy.gif

Yah lor!!! Today got mood to eat better eat until I drop. But hor, now feel a bit stuffed to the throat liao. hahaha... i deserved it.

re watermelon and bubble tea... hmm... ok lah, not very often. I need more fluid, i had trouble going to poo... so diff leh. And I dun drink plain water.. :p very difficult hor?

oic linda, i mind will prefer 1st hand ones lor. I tink i may need to get some good looking ones, some normal ones to suit different occasions.

Bugis got any maternity wear?

Linda, watermelon is v "liang", u shd avoid cos it can cause MC if eat too much.

For tea just dun drink more than 1 cup per day. If u drink coffee ored, then dun drink the tea.

For bowels, what i do is to drink yakult daily, fruit juice (red apple, cranberry, honeydew). Yakult after drinking for 2 weeks have a good effect on my bowels.

ND girl : thanks ! seeing one next Sat

Catcus : thanks
happy.gif

Linda : Girl too !
wow, so envious of your appetite - i cant seem to stomach anything
sad.gif

Hi ellysia
Eh... yakult can help? Hmm... i shld try. My last pregnancy I drink a lot of orange juice. Very easy to pass motion. But hor, my girl end up with very sensitive airways and easily got phelgm. So me kena blamed again for drinking too much orange juice during pregnancy lor.

For trendy maternity wear, try 9mois! Very sexy lor and mostly snug fitting...those that show off your belly ones. Got a branch at Plaza Singapura. Bugis - i dun remember seeing maternity wear there leh. Some say OG at People's Park has relatively nice ones too though I never tried. Blossom from Metro also carries very nice streamlined designs, simple tops and bottoms and not too ex.

Hi Ong
a girl too?
happy.gif
17 mths is fun to play with!! Now my girl is at the talking back stage.
sad.gif
but she is still very sweet lah (hahaha...self praise)
My appetite only good today... past few weeks also cannot eat much. Maybe good mood cos today friday!!
happy.gif

Quite nice, Linda. Except I dun really like the material cos it looks quite "hard". I prefer material which is "softer" and hugs the skin more.

Hi Linda,

9mois is at which floor of PS? I dun recall PS got any maternity wear shop.

I am now considering raffles city shopping centre (robinsons) or PS (if got more shops).

9mois' apparel is really nice!!! I mean.. from the 2 pictures I saw lah... Linda, do you know what is the average pricing of their dresses/tops/bottoms?

Hi cactus
Last I knew, a decent top starts $60+, bottoms $80+, dresses $100+... now not too sure leh. But I know they have great cuttings and trendy designs.
happy.gif
Especially if you like spaghetti straps.. haha... if i free i go back and dig out my older 9mois tops to show you... make you salivate and run down to buy kekeke

hi catcus
Left you and me here only... I ate too much cannot concentrate on work le....

yes, maternity wear quite ex. 3 years ago lagi worst and that time the designs were very koo koo mostly, trendy ones prices sky high lor. At least now, kiddy palace also sells pretty decent tops at reasonable prices like $30+ per top. Quite wasted to spend too much on things you will be wearing only once or twice.

Try This Fashion for baby dolls. Now the trend to wear tunis and leggings can substitute as maternity wear leh.
happy.gif

Hi MTB,

thought I'm the insane start thinking abt maternity wear. Ha HA. i don have to wear at this moment but thinking abt looking around. I saw This fashion having some loose top, maybe can try.

My hubby thought I over react. Sian.

I don really have appetite lei, eat too much will feel like vomiting. Anyone have same problem?

Hey, Linda, how old is your daughter? born in 2004 rite? My son is born in Oct 2004, yours?

Ya, last time before the announcement of the extra month of maternity leave, all m clothes very traditional and simple. After the announcement with more women getting preg, more and more modern maternity wears come aboard, so now we have more choices.

Connie, same here. Most time I eat and too much (even though it is like ok portion for me, but not for baby) will feel naseous one, so I believe this is normal, dun worry.

Hi verniz
My girl is Feb baby.
happy.gif
Next year Nursery le... so fast hor? Did you plan for this gap?
I think more maternity wear cos the market sees a demand for it and tt MTBs are really really willing to splurge on their pregnancies and babies. Do you realise all the businesses involving pregnancies and kids are all booming now?
happy.gif

The best part was the $300 "sarong" swing... hahaha....

Hi connie
Hopefully, your MS will go away soon. Try to think positively and find some things you like to eat... try warm tea or dry toast. My bout of feeling to vomit is slowly but surely reducing...
happy.gif
I am sure yours will too in time.

maybe u all can try marton-bell??? they having up to 50% disount. last weekend i went still having discount... vivo city n novena square have....

Linda,
I will be seeing Dr Adrian at Sengkang clinic.
happy.gif

Ellysia,
I have to attend 5 wedding dinners in Nov and Dec. Will be attending a tea ceremony on 16th Nov.
No one tells me cannot attend.
uhoh.gif

Hi Linda, ya, time flies. I find this gap of 4 yrs difference quite good, not to near. I planning for a Rat baby only, as I dun want ox or tiger. Happened that my hubby is ok with next yr, so we just plan for it lor.

I just came back from my visit to gynae. Baby is ok, only that I have lost 2KG due to unable to eat well and MS. Doctor wants me to go back in 2 weeks time instead of the normal 4 weeks for extra monitoring.

After consultation, I went to Perfect Mum and got myself 3 pairs of pants. Their pants are consider very comfortable as some of you had mentioned. Only thing is I have to shorter one hem before I can wash and wear them (oh, they provide free shortening or lengthening but you have to go back and collect the altered pcs). You all can really go have a look. 2pcs at normal price, 3rd pc 50%.

Angie, I have facebook. Add me: [email protected]

I also went to see my gynae yesterday, now 10 weeks. The scan can see bb's head, body, hands, legs and the little heartbeat blinking. Everything is so real now!

Any ladies here done blood test already? Shd it be NT scan first then blood test? I going for NT test on the 12th but gynae didn't mention anything abt blood test.

Veniz, i also lose weight, around 1 kg... but my appetite is getting better recently.. took a lot of small meals, almost like every hr

I spent almost $400/- on maternity wear today! must hint to my hubby to sponsor!

Hi ladies,
i went for my blood test today.. but results on will be out end of nex wk.. so wish me gd luck ya.. hopefully i am not a carrier of thalassaemia.. hep B, HIV, Syphillis...

mei,
did ur hubby do any blood test?
i supposed to do it wif my oscar test on 22 nov.. but cos my hubby did the test on 29oct.. den he is a carrier.. so i was asked to do earlier lor..

mei, my appetite still bad, its like i sensitive to the smell of some food, and dun feel like eating this and that. Just now was starving till I make so bread with nutella then better. And two hours later ate 1/2 pack nasi goreng. I already warn my mum not to cook to much when I visit her tomorrow otherwise the food will go to waste.

Babycupit, I am sure you will be alright. Let us know your result once you get it.

Hi Angie,
Good to visit a gynae who is near home. Mine is at Mt E, so can be a hassle going to see him... But then again, shopping is easy after visits. ahhaha....

Hi Verniz
Wow!! Shopping!!
happy.gif
Must be very happy abt your purchases. Havent dig out my old maternity wear and wash them, still got time I think. but I vainpot bought a tube top from This Fashion today can act as maternity wear...kekeekee...

happy.gif
Glad to find someone with kids' age gap around mine... I didnt plan for this gap...was given to me as such... at first I thot can be too wide... Now that the elder is getting VERY independent, I felt more relieved and "an wei"..she prob can help me take care of the younger one too!
happy.gif

Any reason why you didnt want a ox or tiger baby?

Hi mei,
Very happy to see those little limbs waving abt yah? I remember there was a scan of my girl abt 7 mths showing her side profile... saw her high nose bridge and super thick lips!! I really freak out! I didnt like her looking like Shu1 Qi2's sausage lips, but gynae told me everything will seemed swollen inside cos soaked in fluid. :p

Wow, Linda, you really very trendy leh. I am a bit fleshy, so I will wear conservative m clothings lor. The buying makes me heartpain to see my $240+ flying aways just for the pants and 4pcs panties. sob.

Reason for no ox and tiger is I am a goat, they will eat me up, haha. Actually I dun want ox coz I am afraid bb may be like my SIL, I told my hubby, either rat or rabbit, so he choses rat, coz if rabbit the gap will be too great and we will have to start all over again with a new baby.

linda, ya.. very happy! the little limbs not waving during the scan leh.. think bb sleeping.. heehee.. or bb lazy like mummy.

veniz, i want a rabbit next.. coz my hubby also rabbit. I can't eat much during each meal, i was like taking less than half bowl of rice for dinner lor... but once i get hungry i will get something to eat.. like half a piece of bread or one piece of cookie.. I tot i gain weight until i weighed myself today, lost 0.4kg as compared to last week. Think it's common to lose weight during first trimester, my sis lost 3 kg then and her ms was so bad that she gotta be put on drip.. But my nephew came out huge! more than 4 kg!

babycupid, dr didn't ask my hubby to do any bloodtest also.

mei,
icic.. some was not asked to do.. dunno y oso.. cos my frend's gynae did not ask her to do for her two kids.. kekeke..

any mummies started vomiting? apparently for my 2nd pregnancy, I still get the unlucky fate, my worse nightmare of vomiting.

Morning ladies!

Congrats Leng Leng!

luz,
have lor, so far I vomitted twice after dinner, like a merlion like that...vomit til tears also drop...hiaz..

Hi Verniz
I dun like to wear tops with sleeves cos I was very afraid of heat last pregnancy. So most if not all my maternity tops are spaghetti straps. And cos my tummy was pretty small last time, so I managed to wear a number of non-maternity till full term.
Ox will eat goat meh? My hubby is rat also, so this baby will be younger than him by 3 rounds.
$240 make yourself pretty ok lah...
happy.gif
I always console myself tt I can always sell my maternity wear out when i have finished with them... somemore, a lot of them were bought AFTER my first pregnancy leh. Very funny hor me?

Hi mei
happy.gif
You know, my gynae last time tell me if want baby to move, can drink something sweet. It worked for me. Last trimester when we supposed to monitor fetal movements, I drink orange juice to get my girl moving. hahaha
happy.gif

Now can still be early to see it moving lah, maybe next checkup bah.
Dun worry abt weight loss, most will put on in 2nd and last trimester. I hope to put on abt the same as my first 10kg, ok....
happy.gif

Hi Luz,
i only feel the urge to vomit, like men1 men1 like this... Bear with it, first trimester over soon.

Hi Leng Leng
Welcome aboard! Is this your first?

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
happy.gif

Linda,
this is my #3
happy.gif

Mummies,
sometimes we wanna vomit because we're hungry,
it takes about 20 mins for food to reach "down there".
So, do try to take a little food about 30 mins b4 your usual meal times.
Instead of 3 full meals, break down your meals to 6 or even 8 small ones.

Keep some snacks within reach,
sweet, sour, salty,
biscuits, sweets, sour prunes, potato chips,
whatever you feel like having,
when u have the vomiting feeling,
pop the snacks in to avoid the "tasteless" feeling in your mouth.

HTHs.
happy.gif

Back