(2008/06) June 2008

<font color="0000ff">ellysia

no prob
happy.gif
</font>

Ellysia - I didn't know got report. Luckily you tell me! Usually the reports go directly to my doctor and will be in my file maybe cos my scan was done at a restructured hospital? Maybe things are differently at restructered hospital.
happy.gif
That was what happened during the NT scan. But my doctor gave me a copy of that NT scan at next visit although my hb already got a copy of that report the day after the scan from the central database system.

cactus,

Maybe it will be given to u in next visit. Anyway it is like our NT scan, there will be a report. I dun tink it be different in govt.

Btw how much weight u have gain since pregnancy?

Felicia,

Weekend a lot of people, be careful. But the mum &amp; babes shd have little crowd hee.

Cactus,
I am really happy for you : ) So all your previous worries and false alarm are gone and you can have a peace of mind now.

Ellysia - I don't know how much weight I've gained leh! I've not taken my weight since 12 weeks!! :p My last visit was at 16 weeks but it was an emergency walk-in type so also never take bp, urine test, etc all that! I'm next seeing my doctor on Monday. Will update after that! I think however my weight gain is normal cos my face and arms are still slim. no fats. Only my tummy and butt bigger now.

pkdust - I was relieved the heart could be seen and appears normal.I just hope bb will be born healthy cos I'm told there are some conditions which still cannot be picked up before birth or even through the DS... so keeping fingers crossed. but I'm feeling good about everything so far. more optimistic now. Hb is very happy taht bb is very active. he says it's a very good sign.

cactus,
wow congrats on your mickey hehee. since bb is active you can put your mind at ease. bcos normally active bb is = healthy bb hehee. my edd date is same as yours, but my DS is only on 15feb ley. such a big diff!

my ger recently also very active kick me in the nighttime. recently i no online bcos worried abt confinement and maid issues
sad.gif
think it's time i worry abt CNY prepartion first hehee.

pkdust...
i see...
happy.gif
yes... i like dr yang... the most recent reason is cos she gave me blessing to highlight my hair, which i hv already did.... keke... =p how do u find her?

roxy...
i agree that u shld go for size 36.
happy.gif

cactus,

Even if emergency walk in also got measure BP and weight, sugar? Anyway its impt to monitor them lor.

I tink my gynae said every mth increase 2KG or someting like that, as a guide. Even if u didn't gain much wt bb can still grow also.

cactus,
congrats on your mickey!

just came back from gynae visit. aiyo such a long waiting time...waited 1.5hrs before can see him...sigh! but luckily me and hb went shopping and makan.

he was trying to explain the DS report taken last week...everything seems normal except that im thal minor. which explains my frequent fainting spells and numbness in legs...he added: There's more to come...he also advise me to go swimming as it will help me in terms of the blood circulation.

Hi Ellysia, don't know leh! I didn't get those measured at the last visit. :p

Luz - I requested that DS be done earlier at 19 weeks. It's usually done at 18week to 22 weeks. most mothers do theirs at 20 weeks cos heart function can be seen more clearer then.
happy.gif
I watned an earlier appointment to put my heart at ease cos of downs scare (risk ratio) and wanted to let relatives know boy or gal by CNY!

Hi shycloud - It's good to know your bb is normal. That's most important.

cactus,

What is yr bb position just now? got see hands and legs and fingers etc? very cute hor.

The last time my bb use his hands to cover face then later put up his hands on top of his head, v cute.

hi Ellysia,

bb is lying at an angle legs down for now but he is constantly shifting his position. Before last night, he was more to my left cos I felt kicks and waves of the arms on my left side and just under the belly button. Now I feel him move to the just to the right of my belly button and less to the left side. Only the limbs can cause such feelings of movements... so I dun know where bb is now..haha. just constantly moving. I think only later in pregnancy bb's position will be more fixed. esp when uterus becomes too small for bb to move around comfortably!
Yes, bb's limbs look very cute! I saw his fingers at 13 week scan and toes at 16 weeks. Was admiring the roundness of his head yesterday though!! Cos previously head was long!! now round and nice.

cactus,

ya i tink now he is swimming inside le.

Can u see his features? i can see vaguely eye socket and mouth, nose.

ellysia,
yes will take note of tat. last nite when i was stretching my toes...and resume to normal position. 2 of the toes were still stuck there!!!aiyo poor blood circulation..

i'm bak from my lunch. Just now went to Jurong west St51. So many CNY stalls. Very crowded oso. I just brought some neccessary things and waited my collegues at a shop. Dont dare to walk around too much afraid my fainting spell come bak.
But it was very warm outside, till i'm perspired.
Now really feel like taking a bath. hehehe...

Soyabean,
Yeah I find Dr Yang very nice and patient and I like her. At least she does not rush through the consultation and bother to explain the results of my previous blood test in detail. She was recommended to me by one of my galfrens. My galfren told me she is very cool in the delivery ward and her stitching is very good.

Shycloud,
You must take care. Is it because you are a thal minior thats why often got fainting spells? Do you feel tired easily? I dun think its because you are thal minior because my hubby also a thal minior but he is just like normal. Perhaps its because we are pregnant thats why? Nowadays I also feel tired easily and will pant easily if i climb up the stairs or walk very fast.

Ah morr...ty, hee no need lah, so troublesome ask u to come over... my friend said jurong pt got sale.. so maybe i just pay abit more and buy from there ah since seems no one interested :p

Thanks soyabean and you are welcome, mogudog, felicia and cactus
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">felicia

ha ha i oso frequent there coz FIL's provision shops are there
happy.gif

yeah JP's WOS have sale now but its more towards older design but quite good buy oso i suppose
happy.gif
</font>

Cactus,
congrats on your boy! glad that the scan is normal.

I'm very excited about my detailed scan this friday too, can't wait to see my baby again. hope to see if it's a boy or girl then i can start my shopping spree
happy.gif

pkdust...
yes... she is very patient... she was oso recommended by one of my girlfren... i was seeing a gynae at kkh for my number 1. will u be delivering at GlenE then?

since back from lunch, i felt very sleepy leh. Cant even concentrate on my report. Really wish got a pillow in front of me then i can lie down. hehe.....

Mor,
Oic. In fact there's so many shops around loh. My collegues and me always go there and buy lot of fruits back.

Hi Ellysia - nope, I didn't notice the eye socket but think the nose was there since the 13 week scan. The print outs I got from yesterday scan weren't as well taken as the print outs from the NT scan.... although the resolution is so much better.

Felicia - at 16 weeks, my bb was a little smaller than expected but could see everything at 19week DS. If your bb is normal growth, should be able to see at 18 weeks. I think your doctor would have considered whether 18 weeks is too early before referring you for the scan at 18 weeks. I actually wanted my DS scan at 18 weeks, but my doctor said 19 weeks is better. That was just my case.

Kylene - Thanks! I'm very glad bb is normal.

shycloud,

I tink u shd do rotation exercises often for yr blood circulation.

cactus,

The print out for my detail scan also not as clear as Oscar (NT) scan even though it is the same machine.

ellysia,
wow! ur appetite is so good. During my 1st trimester, i eat 5 meals but most of the ended up 'donate' to toilet. Then when into 2nd trimster, i'm bak to normal 3 meals a day. But my appetite very depend on the foods.

soyabean,
Yeah will be delivering at GlenE. Each time try different hospital. My first one is at eastshore. Actually I prefer eastshore because it is very cosy and near my house. Somemore the food they serve is very yummy but I dun really like my first gynae. She seems like always in a hurry and its hard to seek advise from her.

Ellysia,
Wow, I am craving for Lor Mee but my work place not selling. Btw, I heard they say it is best that pregnant ladies should avoid eating those yellow noodles which is commonly used in Mee rebus and prawn noodles. Wonder how true it is because I really like to eat those.

pkdust,

GlenE environment was quite nice oso. Nurse oso very friendly. My 1st ger was deliver there but i dont like the gynae so change to current gynae whom is with TMC. Food wise GlenE the menu was very westernised. In fact when my mil saw me eating the hosp food she got a shocked. Coz she said some of the food shldnt be consume when i'm just delivered.

I likes yellow mee leh, almost evry morning my breastfast is related to yellow mee. Oh my gosh!

pkdust,

I tink as long as not eating daily shd be fine. In moderation lor.

I only avoid curry bec of the "huang jiang".

Morraine,

hee we always land up in same place but i didn't see u just now
happy.gif

Felicia,

nowadays i eat "upsize" meal, usu will add $1 to normal meal. If not, i will have to eat a small snack later.

1st trim i eat 50%-70% of normal meal amt. Got heartburn so cannot eat a lot that time.

2nd trim i eat 1.2 of normal meal amt then recently upgrade to 1.5 of normal meal amt in week 21.

By this fri i be in week 22.5 i tink.

maybe yr appetite will increase after 1-2 weeks later.

TMC got 2 types of meal can choose either western or chinese one.

Felicia,
I noticed that many of you are with TMC. I heard many good comments about the gynae in TMC . I am not too sure about glenE but for eastshore, you can choose between "confinement" menu or normal menu. I choose the one for confinement and it tastes very nice. Perhaps I am hungry and exhausted after 12 hours of delivery without any food. Actually I am not concerned on which hospital I delivered but more concerned on gynae. I feel that a good gynae really make a different and one will feel more secure and confident about pregnancy if they got a good gynae.

Yeah thats what I heard about yellow mee. They contain a type of "chemical" which is not too safe to eat. Just hearsay only..no medical proof i guess. Also they mention cannot eat those big bananas.

pkdust,
yes, me thal minor plus preggy makes fainting spells more frequent...pre-preggy days i'm perfectly alright. so gynae advised me to be extra careful especially in crowded areas such as MRT....there's more to come, that's what he claims.

<font color="ff6000">ellysia*

yeah lor!! i was at level 2 though
happy.gif

pkdust*

yeah yeah GlenE oso have the choice of normal or confinement food and i recalled the moment i was being pushed back to my ward i was so hungry and thankfully they are still serving dinner tat time!</font>

pkdust,
GlenE delivery wards are now under reno... i hope they will be ready by the time we deliver... then we can get to stay in new rooms... hehe...

shycloud,
i wonder if there are any solution to this fainting spells? take more iron?

Ah morr... your FIL got a shop at Jurong west blk 500 plus ah... My FIL used to have a shop there too but he sold it away.. sekali both my FIL and your FIL are friends.. coz my MIL always say the shop people there all used to be from duno cck or lim chu kang kampung then got chased away by govt...

pkdust,
As far as i remember GlenE dont hv confinement menu leh.
Mor,
Ur 1st kid oso delivery in GlenE, rite? Any confinement food?

Yup, my mil oso said those big banana cannot eat coz very cooling, will caused miscarriage. This is wat they say lah.

MOr,
GlenE got confinment food? how come they din give me to choose? I remember they only pass me a menu in paper and ask me to to tick what food i like to take for tat day breakfast, lunch , hightea and dinner. Tats all. I remember the menu was almost all western food like.

soyabean, pkdust, we are all visiting the smae gynae!

i actually chose her at random coz i wanted to deliver at glenE and a female gynae.

i heard many good feedbacks on MtA which happen to be very near my place, but my husband n i found Dr yang ok and so we stuck to her.

do u know that Dr Yang can deliver at MtA too? just that she prefers GlenE, perhaps becoz her clinic is there too.

will be seeing her at week 20th and im not sure if she will be doing the DS on me then

Ellysia,

I'm not too sure if by room. But when registered tat time, nobody mentioned anything on room diff loh. I'm on 2 person per room type. But i'm on c-sec, maybe got diff?

soyabean,
my gynae says nothing can be done haha..wonder if he's joking anot..cos thal minor is genetic. but he does advise swimming.

<font color="ff6000">felicia*

got leh! den i stil can rem the soup is dunno wat black bean soup leh.. im oso 2 bedded leh

roxy*

isit?? ha ha ya the shops there are jin long liaoz lor.. </font>

Back