(2008/06) June 2008

Morning ladies...

Kelcqi,
Tks for e link....Erica is a nice name too =D.

Veniz,
Ya lor,quite alot of ple named charles hor...But Davis is nice too..

Crystal,
Ya lor, Most important minnie must be healthy and guai lor...thts wat we all wish for now =D...Dun care abt wat ur MIL says, most important is both u and ur hb loves this minnie..Imagine if this minnie knows that her own grandma dun like her gender, she will so sad lor...

Morning ladies,

Yesterday i black face to my hubby. I think i'm getting sensitive when preggie lah. Actually i'm asking him about some thing, but he misunderstood my meaning and keep looking for the thing i ask. Ended up he raise his voice and ask me where is the thing i'm asking? I got angry and scolded him 'why raise voice at me?!' But he said he didnt. Then i start my black face and ignore him. But he's so insensitive din realised i'm angry at him loh. Till he ask my help find to do something, and i insist he must apologise else i'm not goin to help him. And he did.
I think i'm getting bit unreasonable during preggie oso.
blush.gif

feifei: yup! agreed wif u...

ladies: my hb n me though non-christians ourselves ve cnf on the christina name for our minnie - gwendolyn goh. chinese name we will ve Yu Long Zi Master do the naming for us when minnie is borne.
happy.gif
a couple of other names tat we had previously short-listed were "charmaine", "vivien", "zoe" but finally decide on "gwen".

feifei,
Morning.. I like amore too. I used to love their high impact classes.. However, I wonder if I can still do the same after delivery. I feel so weak now. Yday afternoon, I was plagued with headache and dizziness. Feel pukey and hungry at the same time. Duno to eat or not to eat. -.o"

pkdust,
Need to wait for 6 months! I dun think they allow me to hold me membership for so long wor. I think I better call to check when I am on my maternity leave. I havent book the massage lady. Was supposed to, but had been procastinating. ;p

Crystal,

Dont be affected by what your MIL and relative said loh. Is their mouth, we are not able to shut them up, rite?! Luckily so far my mil din said anything make me unhappy lah. She just said as long as bb is healthy. But afraid later on during CNY gathering, some ' san gu liu po' will try to influence her.
I told my hubby to be prepare sure got some ppl will asked us to try for #3 loh. I told him either i'll just smile and let the remarks pass or i'll shot bak if they continue with some ridiculous remarks.
But my hubby still can jokingly tell me i can asked if the person want to help to share burden of raising up #3 or not.

felicia: u hit the nail on its head spot-on. i m also afraid i will show black-face during CNY when some of these KPO relatives says or make stupid remarks abt my bb. my hb also says jus ignore them can oreadi but i also find it hard too. sure i shoot back one...

Felicia,
I also like that previosuly lor...Always wan to cry at e sligest thing...tink its kinda of hormones changes lor...Most important is our hb must be more patient and caring to us now lor..

ZUEn,
I missed Amore..keke

Crystal,
Just tell them, ger is good enough, so wat if hv boy? Boy won't be so close to family as girls lor...Thats wat I always told my mum cos she wanted me to expect a boy...when I told her its a minnie, she told me she disapppinted, say how come not boy...I told her " wat so good abt boy? duno how to take care of family, not close to family, diff to buy things etc"..hee....bad me hor =D.

feifei,
own mother still can reason but not oth like ILs or oth relative loh. Sometime just cant understand why non direct family members so KPO about oth ppl matters.
Anyhow, i always remind myself not to be affected by those remarks, as i was to deliver a happy go lucky bb!

Hi Crystal

I understand what u meant. I also not happy that she is treating my house as a holiday stop. But I intend to scare them off by acting to be very choosy and "hard to please". If worse case they still dont get it, I will ask my hb to talk to them directly.

See that some of the family members dont like to have a 3rd party in the house. I was thinking of getting a maid to take care of the baby too when I return to work. But it is just a thought.

Can we eat and drink as per normal before the detail scan?

Kelcqi.. tink if you have low placenta, better dun go swimming. In fact, sex and streneous physical activities like walking too much or even climbing stairs are not advisable coz will cause bleeding. When I was in my 14th week, I only climb 1 or 2 flights of stairs then get bleeding liao.. was so scared then.

Regarding names, we already decided to call baby Isaiah, coz it's such a strong name and this chapter brought so much comfort when we were having difficulties in the pregnancy... If he has a baby sister, I might call her Isabel. I like Charlotte and Erica... we should have a column to update baby names =)

feifei and crystal, i totally agree with you. Girls will be closer to family and will take much better care of family than boys. Boys, once they kena influenced by those DIL can totally bo-hiew the family but girls will not. My family all girls too, I have 2 sisters...

Btw, something interesting to share during Mrs Wong class. She told us a type of male hormone can induce labour. So if too much sex when EDD is due or too much sex now can cause mummies to go into pre-mature labour. So just be careful. But we were too embarassed to ask her how frequent too much is.:p

Hi star,
I think u stil can drink and eat per normal even before scan. As i remember during my #1 , my gynae nvr request me not to eat or drink before scan leh. But is better not to eat too full just before scan lah coz we might feel uncomfortable during scan as normally the sonographer or our gynae will press the scan on our tummy mah.

Felicia,

Same, i also get more sensitive nowadays. Thats why quarrel with boss once and hb also. I ask hb why he didn't give in to me now that i cannot get over agitated then he also say he never raise his voice.

feifei and crystal,

Actually nowadays more people prefer gals liao. Many of my colleagues prefer gals and even those old aunties also prefer gals, say gal more dependable than boy.

But there is still this old thinking that boy will win over gal and having a boy seems like u win something.

Its a v strange thinking.

Even my mum didn't have this thinking herself also influenced by relatives. Me at home didn't get any discrimination as gal vs my brother so we dun practice discrimation on gender.

If u are worried that in future MIL dun treat yr princess well. I seen examples in my relatives and the gal will try to strive in certain way (e.g. do more cooking/strive in studies etc) to please grandma so as not to be neglected. Its kindda sad sometimes i find.

Actually if yr hb is not affected and support then shd be fine i tink.

star,

U can eat/drink as per normal before scan.

Yest nite while sleeping i was disturbed by bb kicking in the middle of night. Have to ask bb to quiet down before i can settle down to sleep.

roxy,

yest u are talking abt the shoes spree right?

I seen the website, seems not bad. Quite interested to order but the offer is expiring on 30 Jan.

I normally wear size 6. So that should be size 36 or 37? I use a ruler to measure the mm i think is around 230mm (size 36) but just want to be sure.

<font color="0000ff">ellysia

which design u looking at? madrid or gizeh or? coz the cutting is different, and if u wear size 6, u might wanna consider that 36 or 37 coz im not sure if ur leg wil be swollen or not towards later stage *touch wood* if not den u go to any of the birken shop @ City Hall and try out first will be best</font>
happy.gif

Felicia &amp; Ellysia
Yes, same goes to me...easily get iritated. Especially my boss asked me so many question and i will quiet or just answer hmmmm, ok, yes....until he asked me what happen to me?? hehehhe. But then i answer NOTHING....

my bb will keep kicking when i lying down to sleep at nite....or changing position. And will stop after for a while....and also in the train especially in the tunnel....noisy

Oh ya, forget to tell u all abt lobang.

Yest went to Spring, they having 15% discount for member. I think Citibank card also have discount.

I bot a bra for $9 ($12 original price) only. Top cost around $25 each. Quite worth.

halo all mumies...
very busy these few days....ellysia,
same as you... my gal gal almost everynite will kicking me and when my position is not rite she will correct me also... cos after i change position she will guai guai le...lol

liew,

Ya lor. My bb sometimes kick in the night, disturb me sleep.

He especially kick more when i play mozart music CD - best of mozart collection. Maybe becos that cd has faster pieces. Then another mozart cd got slower pieces, he will kick softer or less kicks.

Btw, yest i saw cactus say got cushion selling at mum &amp; babes. So i pass by AMK hub yest i went to buy liao. $25 for a cushion which is for back support while sleeping. Got another cushion set more expensive is for keep position to left side while sleeping.

i think u go to try out in the boutique safer coz i never tried this design before, all my birkens are all madrid</font>

morraine,

Come to think of it maybe i skip buying. Save some money. Wait until my current sandal wear out.

I bot a slipper with shiny design for CNY leh. Didn't dare to wear heels shoes/sandals cos scare fall down.

Just this morn i was nearly knocked by a car while crossing road. didn't take note that the stationery car is driving out of the road, tot it is parking there. I guess being preggy makes me even more blur.

Ellysia,

Wats the shape of the cushion u brought for back support? Does it stuck to ur waist and prevent u from moving left and right?

soyabean,
Yeah my gynae is also Mary Yang. How you find her ? My first gynae is not her.

felicia, crystal,
Actually i prefer to have gal gal as most often gals will be the one who stick to you when you get old. More filial also, just like how me and my sisters treat my mum. We spend time chatting and shopping with her even though we are married. But because this is my second baby, so was thinking it would be nice to have a different gender. Actually nowadays gals and guys also no different. In fact some gals are even smarter and earns more than guys. So those MIL and FIL who still prefer guys are really old in their thinking. We should just ignore what they say. My parents in law said both gals and boys are the same. I dunno if they are saying it out from their heart but I am not the least bothered. As long as me and my hubby loves her then its sufficient already. I feel tired of trying to please everyone.

gratz cactus! So scan results all okay? Whats yr mickey weight?

Felicia,

The cushion i bot is the one that prevent me from slipping to sleep on my tummy when i lean to the left.

The one that prevent from left to right one is another one. I didn't buy that one cos its more costly. I tot i try out this one first bec sometimes i may lean too much to left and bb will kick me.

Oso got sell cushion to raise yr feet up while sleeping.

Maybe u take a look.

Thanks Babycupid, Thanks Felicia! It's our first child... so no preference for boy or gal, although I think my ILs will be thrilled. Although they are not traditional, they have traditional thinking relatives who favour boys over gals. My ILs did our An Chuang and we conceived this baby immediately after our wedding night... so they were already very pleased. now that it's a boy, they must be doubly overjoyed! But hb and I hope #2 will be a gal.
happy.gif
We already thought out names for son and daughter in case it was either. For both chinese and english names too. Just have to tell ILs when they return about the names.
happy.gif

Thanks pkdust, Thanks Ellysia.

Pkdust - The scan was very very quick! Just 20 minutes! We had an experienced sonographer at SGH labour ward to take the measurements. A senior consultant at SGH did the visualisation of the baby's parts. They were very very experienced. Very quick and confident.

Ellysia - I don't know bb's weight! Didn't occur to us to ask. We were more concerned with bb's structure and organs.. cos of the DS risk ratio.. and we didn't want amnio. so our focus was really on whether the bb was normal. but the sonographer who took the measurements said the bb is in normal range for the growth.

I've been reading about the issue of boys vs gals. I think the best is to have 1 boy and 1 gal.. but every child is a blessing. No such thing as boy better than gal or gal better than boy. Of course, personality wise, gals tend to be closer to parents, boys tend to be harder to look after (more active). Having said that, I still feel every child is special.

pkdust,
me same as u, just prefer to had diff gender for 2nd one, so that i can close shop peacefully. I hate to explain to ppl on why not trying for #3. Very tiring loh. My mil oso said is ok as long as bb is healthy but i know she oso bit dissappointed lah. But i know she was very fond of girl as she had only 2 sons and she always complain no one help her on her houseworks, chat w her, bring her to shopping. She was complaining to my hubby tat she shld had a daughter. When i'm preggie with 1st girl, she was very happy as she finally had granddaughter. But of course 2nd one, she oso wud prefer to had a boy lah. But i'm sure she'll dote on my #2 oso.

Ellysia,

Your brought the pillow at mums &amp; babes at AMK hub? which floor? Maybe will go and take a look this weekend. I keep squeeze on my tummy nowadays w/o reaslising till feel little pain on tummy tat woke me up. (maybe bb kick me)

actually, I have a thinking on how to bring up gals and boys..
If boy, just need to ensure they have good habirs before they enter school and correct bad habits before they enter NS. No need to give them $. Get them into a school with good networking opportunities and teach them to be confident and know how to behave in public.
If gal, give them all the skills necessary to survive in life - teach them homekeeping, cooking, financial skills, things that we can't learn in school. Then ensure they have good education and keep the $ for them.

At least, that's how hb and I feel about bringing up gals and boys. Boys cannot have too much $ too easily cos they may not treasure. But gals are more careful esp if they are close to their parents and see how their parents suffer when they work.

But most importantly, now boys not like last time.. we cannote xpect them to look after us anymore. Just need to look after ourselves.. so we won't be a financial burden to them.

cactus,

Did the hospital give u a report? Report will say the weight le.

Ya scan usu take 20mins one. Mine also 20mins.

Felicia,

2nd floor - mum &amp; babes. Just next to Fox kids.

cactus,

If gal will have more worries i tink, bec' need to be careful on her BGR etc, whereas boy BGR matters as long as gf is ok can liao. Daughter will have to worry more i tot.

congrats cactus on your Mickey

Hi ellysia..
so you be saving $ ah and not joining the spree.. anyway havent found 4 pairs yet also heee

Ah morr... i normally wear size 5 - 6 shoes (size 5.5 is best).. if I want to buy a normal Madrid (not the narrow range one) if i buy 37 will it be too big for me? Im lazy to go try out the size...

<font color="0000ff">roxy

u shld get either 35 or 36 liaoz.. aiya u home today? i go over to let u try my ones la.. mine are size 37 so if mine are too big for u means u shld get 36
happy.gif
</font>

Hi Ellysia,

No, I didn't get the report. I wasn't aware the hospital will give. I just called my hb to ask him to print out the report at his end. Haha! I'm also curious to know how heavy baby is. Or else, have to wait till next Monday when I see the doctor.

I think gals and boys have different sets of problems. If we bring up a daughter well, no need to worry about BGR. If a boy is not brought up well, later make gals pregnant how? Also headache.

Thanks Roxy!

Felicia,
Yeah my ILs also got two boys.So my MIL often wish to have a daughter who can chat and accompany her. My hubby is not those chatty type and dun talk much to her. They dote on my first gal very much, perhaps to the extend of pampering her. But even if they dun dote on my second minnie, its alrite. Because sometimes I find the attention from them very tiring.

Cactus,
Personally I feel there is no different in bringing up gals or boys.

morraine,

their size is the same as long as is birken one, U wear size 6 one right? so is 37?

roxy,

I am interested just worried i get the wrong size then waste money.

I am also lazy to try out.

The bulk purchase disney clothing only left some liao. I was tinking to joint the overseas spree cos will have more choices.

cactus,

They will give report one. Report also got give many info like measurements on arms, waist etc, and confirmation on gender.

not really leh so therefore when u chose tat design i said i rather u try out the real one at the shops first coz urs have strap and in the shops itself they have this machine which is able to measure for u the correct birken sizing coz birkens by right shld not be worn the same size as ur normal shoes but slightly bigger so as to sit nicely on the frame of the shoe sole</font>

ellysia,

Thanks for your info on mums and babes. Oic, there's Fox Kids oso.I likes their clothing.
I went there a few times,but nvr really shop around coz always so crowded.

morraine,

OIC. Like that a bit ma fan hor. Thks for yr info leh.

Felicia,

2nd floor got spring, mum &amp; babes, Fox kids, Cerisi and one more kid/bb clothing shop.

I stay near amk hub so its convenient for me to go there.

Back