(2008/04) April 2008

good morning mummies, sorry to interupt. I'm a 2008 mummy and i have a gently used Little Tikes Wide Tracker walker to sell that is excellent when ur child is learning to take his first steps.

Thanks for reading!

Product Description
Used only indoors. Condition is 9/10.

Collection at Bedok, Alexandra. Can provide free delivery if needed.

Asking for S$30. Retailing brand new ard S$50.

The Wide Tracker Activity Walker provides a special delivery of fun. It has a wide handle and stable base which make it easy to walk behind. The textured wheels with speed adjustments help prevent slips and tumbles. It folds for floor play for a younger baby, and then opens into a walker when the child grows. The walker has lots of stimulating skill activities including a spinner, a sliding bee, a clicking caterpillar and butterfly. The three "letters" drop into the mail slot or store behind the two flip down doors.

Measures approximately 15.85" x 18" x 17."
3937002.jpg

mummies,
any tots here starting to go diaper free?

how many days/wks/mths trial b4 the little tots can be consider diaper free?

when come to night time still need to get our tots to wear diapers?

i still trying to train wor cloudme. but now can see effect of toilet training liao keke buying diaper after a longer period of time
happy.gif

mushloom,
i am also training my gal....

now it's better lesser mess...cos she got a better control liao...

hopefully can let her go diaper free end of the mth...

did u train ur boy on these areas?
for going out still need to wear diaper?
and howabout sleeping time too....???

i oni starting with day time. going out will still wear diaper and sleep time oso. i tink i train one at a time ba. now even day time he will juz pee if i don bring him to toilet in time.

Hi April Mummies,

Hv not been on thread for a while... hope to catch up. Can i seek for your advices on any good preschool that i cud send my just-turned 2year old boy to. Honestly, he had been worst cranky ever of late and am really afraid whether he cud accustomed well to the class. Can anyone advices..... ?? Hope to hear from your soon. Thanks

Re - Combi Stroller
Hi Mummies, is there anyone or friends keen to buy my combi stroller which retailed almost $400. In very good condition as rarely uses it. Willing to let go at half price at $198. Do text me if anyone keen. thanks.

Hi APRIL BABES,

It's been long since i last post. see all our babies turned 2 and how time flies!

RAR,

it all depends on Full day or Half day.
Location : Depends on where you staying or where you are working?
Budget: Range $$$ to $$$$

Ha ha it all depends...like for me i send my kids to town which is near my working place. Before that i send them to a child-care near my home but it is not as good as it used to be! so decided to change them!

Geryl & All Mummies ....
Thxs for sharing, i m putting up in the west area. But i wont mind to drive him to a school within 15mins distance with good environment with newer facilites and patient professional teachers...haha am i asking for alot but really wants the best poss for him... maybe few hours programme enrichment and gradually to half day care. Any suggestions please, thanks !!!

Crankiness ....
Can i ask any mummies here who cud share my troubled souls to care for my toddler. He is easily screamy and cry aloud to cling on to me even when i need to pick up a call. he would scream and scream for my attention that i have to put off the line immediately... he is extreme clingly to me maybe i am the sole taker for him. But do anyone here also encounter similiar problems with toddlers getting cranky and screamy very easily....?? need help and advices. Thank you.

kao_clap.gif
Any mummies keen to bring your tots for a private Fun Art Trial at the Abrakadoodle?
kao_clap.gif

Date: <font color="0000ff">29 May 2010 9am</font>

This is a 45-min trial class specially tailored just for our 2-year-olds. For more information on Abrakadoodle, click here: http://www.abrakadoodle.com.sg/

If you join as their Facebook fan, the trial will be at 50% discount (i.e. $20 only) http://www.facebook.com/abrakadoodle.sg

I need 2 more tots to confirm the class. If you're keen, please PM me your kid's name and your contact details
happy.gif
Have a great week everyone!

3991115.gif

Hi mummies,

I believed all our child have reached 2yrs old and is now in their TERRIBLE TWO Stage.

Does anyone has any advise on how to cope with this stage?

Im facing this problem now.. When I say No, my boy will tells me YES, I want xxxx.
When I hit him on his palm/leg, he rebutes and tells me NOT PAINFUL, and ask me to hit him again!

Or sumply without any reason he is angry, he comes and vent his anger on me! Arhh.... I tried all methods- Asking him to stand at corner to reflect on himself, he simply say OK, and walk over to the corner. Lock him in the room, he keeps crying without stop.

Help!

<font color="0077aa">mummyfel, for my case.. i will lock him in the room wif me inside and play ignore therapy first then when he finished wif his cryings etc.. then i will tok to him .. sometimes i do make him face the wall.. (also did reply u on the dec thread 09)</font>

Hi Angel,

i would say that Abrakadoodle is good. cos my kids' child care is conducting the class and my son is attending the Abrakadoodle class! came home every week with lots of new art pieces and now my house is filled with his art piece!
ha ha ha!

Hi mummies who uses Pigeon Mag Mag for their kids,
Do you know where to get the replacement straw for their old model of bottles? I bought a set of replacement straws but after opening it, realise that it's for the new bottles. They don't fit cos the old bottle's 'hole' for the straw is round but the new one is rectangular.... I've tried looking around but can't find straws for the old bottles. Hopefully they have not stopped producing the old straws... sigh

Also, anyone has recommendation for BPA free plastic milk bottle other than avent? Would like to get one for my girl to use at childcare. She's currently using pigeon glass bottle and it's too heavy and tiring for her to hold it by herself. I saw one by tollyjoy i think... but it states that cannot stand high temp. So cannot sterilise

shelyn,
my son is using evenflo and gerber and so far so good. i bought fr spree but i think u can get it local too, i saw in departmental stores b4.

my PD said that no need sterilize for my son anymore so i only wash with pigeon bottle soap and rinse with hot water b4 preparing milk for son.

<font color="119911">hii shelyn,

4047159.jpg

Perhaps u wld like to check out Pigeon BPA free milk bottles.. much sturdy plastic I would say..

Currently my boy is on Tommee Tippee, compact size and softer teat
happy.gif
HTHs</font>

shelyn i use medala ones. as for the cap i bought the new cap coz too hard to find the straws for the old cap liao

going to send Ivan to child care later. hope everything goes on smoothly

shelyn,
i have the replacement straws for the old set....that time i ks...bot 2 replacement set...

actually u can just get the new head to go with the magmag bottle...?

mushloom,
i used my girl's old magmag head but my boy never seem to learn to drink from it...
now with the new rectangular one(i bot 1 new head for him to trial)...he manage to learn drinking from magmag...

my boy can drink on his own when using the old bottle. but this new one i tink the cap abit tight so he got prob opening it and drinking from it. i gotta open for him

Hi all mummies,
thanks for all the recommendations. Seems like BPA bottles usually comes with the big teats hor. hmm... actually I have the avent one but it's big teat type so not sure whether she'll get used to it. She's been using pigeon normal teats since birth.

I went to the childcare centre to get the mattress cover today and asked the teacher regarding water bottle. She suggests I get a bigger bottle for her.... cos mag mag is too small she says... so maybe I'll have to change new water bottle. But mag mag is small and is nice to bring around for short trips outside. Maybe I'll buy the new head to change like what many had suggested.

My daughter is starting childcare next week... and I'm feeling jittery and nervous liao haha...so strange

shelyn mine juz went today... he stood outside the cc and refused to go in. in the end i gotta carry him in. but once he see so many children inside he got distracted. i left after 30 mins then pick him up 3h later. according to the teacher this kind (don cry type) usually will cry the longer period
sad.gif
whereas those cry hard for first few days will get over faster.

mushloom,
my girl also didn't cry when I left her with the teacher for a while today (about 5min). They were singing songs... but the principal says she looks ok so will adapt quite fast leh. strange huh why different comments when the behaviour is similar. Anyway, just hope that they will learn to adapt fast so our heart will not break for too long haha....

mushloom,
Today is my girl's 1st day at childcare. So far seems ok lah. She didn't cry and even wanted to sleep there haha but i didn't bring her milk and mattress cover so told her will let her sleep there tmr.

By the way, anyone know where to buy BPA free plastic see through water bottles? My daughter's pigeon mag mag looks like a baby next to her classmates big bottles... wanted to buy a bigger one and went kiddy palace but cannot find!!!...

My criteria is (1) BPA free (2) see through plastic and (3) preferably with cartoon characters (though not very impt). Any recommendations???

Hi,

My 2 year old girl is drinking Friso 3, 6 scoops of milk powder with 180ml of water.

I just realized that my hb always gives her 2 or 3 scoops with 200ml of water. Is it alright for her? Please advise me.

Thks

hi, sorry ton interrupt, i am a jul 08 mummy looking to find another kid to start a music class with my daughter's current kindermusik teacher at her place in bukit panjang.i am hoping it will be a long term thing, leading to learning keyboard/piano with her.. it's a once a week 45 min class, on either weekday evenings (8pm) or wed 315pm.. i just need 1 child more as it's 2 to start e class.. pls PM or email me at [email protected] for more details.. thankS!

Hi mushloom,
How's your son doing at childcare? Sigh... I withdraw my daughter from childcare after 4 days there...

Can I ask mummies who send their kids to childcare, is it common for children to keep crying, even when they reach home, the whole day? I know they will cry at the childcare centre. But even after that, when they reach home, do they still keep crying and crying and crying very badly?

My girl was happy to go to school on 1st and 2nd day. 3rd day onwards she say she don't wan to go, 4th day cried really badly. Even after I brought her home, she still keep crying a lot and doesn't want me to get out of her sight. Need me to keep carrying her and hold her hands. She doesn't want to eat and drink also. I was so worried. It continued for a few days. Luckily now she's eating and drinking but still very 'sticky' to me.

On that 4th day she develop fever. It reached as high as 39C at night. So that Friday I called the school and told them I'm withdrawing her from the school. I think the school didn't handle her well. Her class form teacher is still taking part-time diploma, which means she's quite inexperienced right? And the class has around 10-12 students. Is it allowed? There are 2 teachers in the class but only 1 is teaching. The other one is jus helping around.

When I brought my girl to PD, the doc told me she's got HFMD, gave me a big fright. She only went to school for 4 days, didn't learn anything but get so much misery from it. But I suspect it's a false alarm cos the red spots on her palms and feet went off in 2 days and no blisters leh... except she doesn't wan to eat and drink (PD says there'r ulcers, but i didn't see cos my girl has gold in her mouth refuse to let me see).

And also, when I went to bring my girl home on the 4th day, I saw her sitting on a chair in the toilet, already showered and clothed, holding her bag and her water bottle very very tightly and crying very badly. Nobody was there to soothe her. The 2 teachers were showering for the others. I immediately went in to carry her. Then that whole day she refuse to let go of her water bottle, even at night when she wanted to sleep still cry very loudly asking for her bottle... I felt so bad. I think she had only her small water bottle as a source comfort at the childcare centre so she's holding on to it for dear life.

Should I look for another childcare centre? Or is my child just not suitable for childcare? Or did I over react?

Actually when she was 18 months (last nov) I put her in another childcare centre. She only went for 5 days and for only about 2-3 hours each day. I withdrew her from that childcare centre cos she still can't eat rice and solid food well. She was still on porridge most of the time. So I thought I'll start her again when she's older. At that centre, she cried very little. At home, she was still her usual cheerful self. She didn't cry at all. Even after that 1 week, she still keep asking to go to school in the morning.

Does this mean this centre is better in handling my daughter?

The centre that she went to this year, I also left her there for half day only. Have not started full day yet.... but she cried til she vomit on her 3rd day there... the teacher didn't call to tell me. They only told me when I went to fetch her. I wonder whether they gave her some food after vomitting cos the teacher said she vomitted all the solidified milk. And the people there keep asking me and my hubby to go out for a walk and come back at 12.30 to fetch her, although it's the first 3 days and we are allowed to stay at the centre.

How how??... Should I still put my girl in childcare? Or should I just let her go for nursery class? I called the centre she went to last yr. They are full now and can only take her in next January, which means for the next 6 mths my girl will not go to sch and will not learn anything...

shelyn my boy ah... he went to school for 4 days then sat he came down with cough and fever then sick for one whole wk didnt go school. just brought him back on tue after one week absence. i was prepared for him to be sick after attending to cc since cc got the most exposure to all kind of virus.

first 2 days he didnt cry on our way but was reluctant to go to school. once he reached school then he cried. first day i left quietly after abt half an hr coz i believe if i am there he will take even longer period to adapt to the env. second day i dropped him and peeped outside the centre for a while. he cried a bit and took quite a while to settle down. third day till now (considered 7th day) he still cry on our way to school but once he is inside his classroom and with his classmates he settled down quite fast.
for him, first day half day (about 12pm), second day onwards i picked him after his nap and tea (about 4pm) first few days the teacher pat pat him and he sleeps with his comfort object. third day onwards after his milk he auto go find his bed and sleep there without the teacher patting liao.

at the end of each day, he looked forward to us picking him. he would be very happy to see us. so far the teachers also don call me to tell me things but would tell me personally when i go to pick him up. they would tell me their observation and how he was like for tat day.

at home he also very sticky to us. in fact he was scared of going out for the first week. he associated going out with going to school. so even sat when we wanna bring him go walk walk he oso quite reluctant. he would also throw tantrum more often now as compared to last time. he would throw things on the floor or beat the floor or chair. but i don let him do it for too long. once or twice i close one eye but if he do a few more times i will make him stand at one corner for him to cool down. but basically i see him quite happy in school so long as he don see us.

maybe u can pack a comfort object for her next time? i do pack his favourite stuff toy in his bag and it does help to calm him down esp the first few days. now we chop chop drop him at the centre, kiss him goodbye, tell him we will pick him later and get the teacher to carry him in. he will cry a bit but settle down fast when he don see us. maybe have a chat with the teacher or principal of tat skoo and share with them ur concern, find out how ur girl is in school.

i tink diff children adapt at diff rate. i saw some kids there for 1 mth plus liao still cry non stop wan... hope ivan can adapt real fast and look forward to school

Hi mushloom,
I think it's ok if the child cries in school. It should be normal. But if the child cries non stop both in school and at home then I think it's quite extreme right? My girl was really practically crying non stop for that 2-3 days and refuse to eat and drink so have to force her. Even til now, when she sleep at night, she'll still have nightmare and keep saying things like 'don't want' or 'mummy carry sara' over and over again. I think she's really traumatised by the whole school experience. sigh....

shelyn: i think Evenflo Zoo bottles fit your all of your criteria. You can buy them from major departmental stores.

cathiechan: I live in west coast too. What kind of playgrounds are u looking for? Those outdoor ones with slides and swings? There are 2 good ones around my place at West Coast Green area. Not crowded and big. Or you can go to West Coast Park itself. Huge playground but I guess its for older kids :p

aiyo poor thing shelyn... maybe u can try attending those classes which u can accompany her? let her get used to the idea of going to a class to attend lesson first? when she more open to the idea of skooling then u try the nursery ba?

Hi,

My gal is at full-day childcare since March this year. At first, she never cries but never I think she very scared to separate from us. She will cry a bit but when the teachers comfort her with toys, she stop crying. Before she went to childcare, she was not a fussy eater and a happy girl but now, she is a fussy eater and dun like to drink any water(sweet or sour) that we give her. And cannot sleep thru the whole night, will wake up crying.

When she reaches home, she will stick to her father. I also dunno what should do. Want to put her at my mum's place but my mum alone cannot look after my 2 gals( one is 2 years old and another is almost 2 months).

She also get sick almost every week as maybe she dun drink much.

Sherlyn,

I think it's normal for kids to cry when they go school. My boy started end of Feb. The teachers in the school prep us that the kid will be extra sticky to us for intially. They are afraid of "losing" us. The teachers advised me to keep reassuring him as well. My boy is not adaptable too. For the 1st 3 weeks, he refused to even stay in the class. A poor teacher had to keep bringing him around to "inspect" the school. He's there for 4 months now. Slightly better but still will cry if going to school. He will find excuses like Heavy rain, Door closed.. so not to go school. But we will reassure him that we will bring him home and everyone is so proud of him that he's going to school to learn things. He somehow understands and more wiling to go school now.

Your gal so poor thing. She finds comfort in the bottle. The school made me pack comfort food for my son. As he's there for half a day, he still refuses to take school food. He will cry if teacher say "lunch time" then the teacher has to reassure him that he's not going to take lunch. He's taking his biscuits.

Like you, i wanted to withdraw my son from school cos I find it so poor thing. Then my hb thought that he has to go through this sooner or later so since we started, just carry on. I'm glad I did. He is adapting much better now, though not fantastic, at least he won't cry when kids touch him now. Haha. Jia you!

Hi Calamari,
hehe... i'm actually looking for water bottle not milk bottle =P. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. I can get for my girl to use in school too.

mushloom,
Ya I intend to start weekend enrichment with her for the time being to help her overcome her fear of school first.

Angela,
Lucky you, your girl only cry a bit. Sigh... How I wish my girl will cry a bit only also haha

Jule's Mum,
I understand that it's normal for kids to cry when they go to school. But crying non-stop both in school and at home is a bit abnormal i think... The teacher in my girl's school din even bring her around to 'inspect' the school when she cries. I think they expect her to stay in class with the rest of the kids... sigh... there was once she was crying very badly cos she wanted to go playground (my fault cos I told her she can go to the playground in school that day since it's not raining. was raining for past few days so she couldn't go). But end up it's not her group's turn to go playground that day and was very disappointed. It was the free time period in the morning before actual lesson start. I thought it was ok for her to go to the playground for a while to quieten her since she's new to school. But the teachers just kept her in class and continued doing their songs and dance... sigh...

I hope both my girl and I can survive the next round when she finally does go to school.

Back