(2008/03) March 2008

Happy New Year to all
happy.gif

shall we have a gathering for our darlings turning 2 ?

I have a nice venue where u only pay for the food u order..free indoor playground and out do0r playground, free parking too =)
http://www.solplaygroundcafe.com/aboutus.aspx

anyone keen ? we can have it before CNY on 31 Jan =)

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), currently participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technical University.

For my doctorate program I am conducting a research study in which I am requesting your assistance. The study is to learn more about couple's relationship as they take on the role of parenthood. Since this website is designed for parents, I thought you and/or someone you knew may be interested in helping me with this project. I am hoping to compare my data from USA parents to Sinagpore parents.

This may or may not apply to you. If you doesn't, please forward this to people you know so it can reach other first-time parents who may want to participate. Thanks for your help!

Do you meet the following criteria? Do you know someone who does?

* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to two years?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?
* Do you want to share information that could help other couples transition into parenthood?

If you answered YES to these questions, and are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to participate in this parenting research study. This survey is being conducted through an online questionnaire and is estimated to only take 5-10 minutes to complete.

To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

If you have questions about this study, e-mail [email protected] or contact Dr. Kurt Gehlert at the University of St. Thomas Graduate School of Professional Psychology at (651) 962-4656 or the University of St. Thomas Institutional Review Board at (651) 962-5341.

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary. All information will be kept confidential. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

hi there bbpink

i dont mind trying out that place.. any where that allows me to eat in peace and not hv to worry abt my gem being 3 terrors on the loose is a great place for me...(dry laugh..".")

great great, now at least 6 toddlers =)
which timing is out for u ladies ? I proposed 1st ..u all see how
btw, they have kids menu and adult ala carte menu..price like swensens

Date : Sunday 31 Jan 2010
Timing : 11am ( they have free ballon sculpting fr noon to 1230pm )
btw, for those who dun drive, the shuttle bus will drop u at the doorstep of the restaurant
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Here's info about the free shuttle bus services to/from Turf City:

Free Shuttle Bus Services

1) From Clementi

-Pick-up Point - Clementi Bus Interchange

-First Bus - 9.30am

-Last Bus - 9pm

-Approximate 30-minutes interval

2) From Toa Payoh

-Pick-up Point - Toa Payoh Bus Interchange

-First Bus - 9.30am

-Last Bus - 9pm

-Approximate 30-minutes interval </font>

11am is out for me coz James's naptime usually from 11am-1pm, I will probably head there only after James has his lunch.

But no worries, do go ahead with the other mummies for lunch. I will pop by if you all are still there in the afternoon.

Btw here's one of James taken a couple of weeks ago at the playground downstairs... (he likes to play with the camera and was about to snatch it when I took this photo of him)

3474685.jpg

hey sounds like fun...count my 2 kiddos in

last night tommy boy was up at around 1am...finally gone back to sleep at 2 plus...then woke up again at 4 plus and didn't go back to sleep till 8am! i'm so tired now!!

blue skies
james is still so cute and chubby
happy.gif

Bbpink &amp; all,

you ladies are as active as ever! i am unable to join as we wl be at church. i hv not been to sol playground before, but to fidgets which is aso at turfcity.
one place maybe we can go nx time is go-go bambini as the charge is only $5 for under 2yrs old! so we still have 1-2 months, haha!

hv fun, hope to catch up soon
happy.gif

Hi mummmies,

Anyone stayin in Bkt Pjg, Bkt Batok, Upper Bkt Timah or CCK, wanna share helium tank with me for baby's 1st birthday.
I need to pump 200 balloons.

Rental is 26-28 Feb 2010.
PM me for discussion.

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

Thank you to those who have completed my survey - I have already received 12 responses!! I am hoping to get 18 more in the next week so I can do my comparison study. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! Here are the details...

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), currently participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education.

* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?
* Do you want to share information that could help other couples transition into parenthood?

If you answered YES to these questions, and are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to participate in this parenting research study. It only takes 5-10 minutes to complete. To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary, anonymous, and confidential.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

babypink,
hey spooky! how do you know, i am expecting? even most of my colleagues except close one dun know yet.
btw anyone got recommendations for a confinement lady? i nd to find one soon before all the good ones are being reserved.
oh yes wat time wl u gals stay till at sol playgrd? hoping to catch for a while if i m not too late.

Just to share! There will be a Fun in the Sun Bazaar this weekend Jan 16 - 17, 2010 at East Coast Park Big Splash area. There will be over 70 stalls ranging from baby/ kid items to face paintinng. Come drop by and pick something up! There will be new and preloved items for sale. The bazaar starts at 10 am on both days !

dreymin

not spooky lah =) saw ur name in aug 2010 thread mah..i will stay till 2 pm i think as long as kids can take it..their nap time is 1pm ;)

========

31 Jan Gathering
bounce.gif

hehe, great so many people can make it, will reserve more chairs then..haha, if really a lot, maybe can book the whole place :p

Congrats to those mummies preg with #2 and #3..

Babypink
perhaps may want to list down names and pax so easier fro u to make booking?

Date: 31 jan 1020 (Sun)
Time: 12noon
Venue: Turf City - Sol playground
1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3)
4)

wow, abc, u r good..i never said i bring 3A and u guess it rite :p

<font color="0000ff">pls amend accordingly if i guess wrong
happy.gif
</font>

Date: 31 Jan 2010 (Sun)
Time: 11am
1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3) FL - 2A, 1C
4) Kais - 3A, 3 C
5) Shirley - 2A, 2C
6) AdelineL - 2A, 2C
7) Kaa - 2A, 1 C
8) blueskies - 2A, 1C (TBC)
9) dreymin - 2A, 1C (TBC)

1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3) FL - 2A, 1C
4) Kais - 3A, 3 C
5) Shirley - 1A, 2C
6) AdelineL - 2A, 2C
7) Kaa - 2A, 1 C

i should be coming alone with the 2 kids as my hubbby needs to work

1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3) FL - 2A, 1C
4) Kais - 3A, 3 C
5) Shirley - 1A, 2C
6) AdelineL - 2A, 2C
7) Kaa - 2A, 1 C
10) Mikael - 2A, 2C (TBC)

babypink: count me in, waiting for this long long time lio. wanna catch up with mummies...

1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3) FL - 2A, 1C
4) Kais - 3A, 3 C
5) Shirley - 1A, 2C
6) AdelineL - 2A, 2C
7) Kaa - 2A, 1 C
10) Mikael - 2A, 2C (TBC)
11)Kate-1A,1C

hihi,
i gave birth to my #2 on 10th Jan le. i always envy u mommies can bring out kids alone and control them well. my terror 2 is very hard to control.
hope u all hv fun at the outing.

<font color="ff0000">Problem with hotmail</font>
HELP!! I'm using hotmail and I realised that it has sent out an automated msg titled "Dear Friend" to all my contacts!

This is the automated message:

<font color="0000ff">Dear friend:

I would like to introduce a electronic company. Their products are of high quality and low price. If you want to do business , they can offer you the most reasonable discount to make you get more profits.

Please visit our website: mydosell.com

Mail : [email protected]
MSN : [email protected]

Their mainly products such the phones, PSP, display TV, notebook, video, computers, Mp4, GPS, xbox 360, digital cameras and so on.

Welcome to visit theDear friend:
</font>

I definitely DID NOT send this! I found this message under "Vacation Reply" which is somewhat like "out of office" message, I've already unclicked and removed/changed the message but when I logout and login again (already changed password too), the same message appears. When I click on reply or forward, the message above will pop up. Anyone has any clue to it?

1) babypink - 3A, 2C
2) abcdisney - 1A, 2C
3) FL - 2A, 1C
4) Kais - 3A, 3 C
5) Shirley - 1A, 2C
6) AdelineL - 2A, 2C
7) Kaa - 2A, 1 C