(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

happy.. i got the ON stuffs liao.. thanks k.. will trf to u later.. IB device not w me now.
Actually ON cutting like quite big hor.. i got a shock leh.. all so big hehe but very nice.. Thanks!

i got one important question.. Thise mummies using Avent bottles.. when ur babies drink.. do they make a lot of suckling sound.. mine make veyr loud suckling osund.. but i thot its normal untill my sis and mum commented that is there something wrong w the teat or she cant suck well.

I think the size of opening is ok leh.. flow quite well. she can finish 100 ml in 10 mins. is that 0k? any mummies experience that?

jeannie,
A finishes 120ml with avent size 1 in 10mins. so i think it's normal. no sound when she drinks though.

re ON sizing - you think 3-6 mth will last me sometime? A only 57 cm now =P

genice,
re:avent bottles
yes!! G will make a lot of suckling sound if he is drinking veri fast

re
proud.gif
N sizing
garfield, i [prefer to buy 6-12mths.cos the goods ony arrives in abt 3-4weeks afer u placed order

jeanie...ya he's teaching. he's ok la...not say damn suave or what. just nice eyes i guess. good that she takes his eyes!
happy.gif

(jialat he's coming home liao. better stop my online shopping...)

my turn to want to knock myself

was standing at shopping centre auto door holding A and it closed and hit my arm!!!!!!! A started to wail very very loudly and i dun even know if the door hit her head as well =(((((((((((( super super super guilty and worried that she was hit.

took us 20mins to calm her and she finally slept in my arms from exhaustion. scrutinized her head but no red patches and no swelling. when i run my hands against her head she dun seem to squirm from pain. dunno whether to send her for check up.

mummies please please please dun be as blur as me and be mindful of such hazards!!

re AVENT
Are your babies still using No. 1 teat? isn't it like...abit slow since our babies are coming to 3 months soon? Should upgrade or not?

i'm using No. 1 for water/similar liquids and No. 2 for milk.

I'm thinking if need No. 3 soon!

lezy,
i think no need to upgrade unless yr gal is taking a long time to drink. if flow is too fast bb will choke.

mt gal is on no.1 n finishes 120ml in 10mins or less. i dun intend to upgrade

Hi cheryl,

Wah...Vernon look so peaceful in the sarong. You bought from Kiddy Palace? How much?

Hi jeannie, kelly,

Thanks. Feeling more normal now as I watch her thumb healing each day. Now I triple check before I press down on the nail cutter. :p Takes a super long time to cut 1 nail but at least it's safer. I don't think I can take the trauma of cutting her fingers accidentally again.

RE : Online shopping

Wah... The shopping bug has bitten so many of you. I still trying very hard to resist it.

Hi lezy,

Your gal so pretty!

Hi Garfield9,

You must have been so frightened and heartbroken! If A is alert after her nap, I think not necessary to see a doctor. I also the very blur type and my HB is the one who holds the lift door, entrance doors for me when I carrying Danica. On my own, I liable to have such an accident too. So I just tell myself to be more careful when I'm carrying her. Cause I'm the type who keeps banging into stuff and sometimes don't even know it. :p

RE : napping

I was wondering if Danica is super sticky or it's just a phase? Every time she is sleepy, she will fuss and want to be carried, patted, rocked and sang to before she dozes off. Then if I try to put her in her cot, even after 30 minutes, she will wake and wail and I have to repeat the cycle all over again. I hope it's just a phase. I can't get anything done when she's like this. If it's not, is there anything that can be done about it?

hi all,
my baby start to use teat no 3 when he was about 2 mth 1 wk..he can finish his milk 150ml in less than 5 min...i got 5 teats no 2 and all used for less than 2 wks
sad.gif

xiao yun
you are right manz...i think my gal will have more than 1 dress for the birthday. :p
i bought jshopper 'cos of the cute design. but quite ex, so i seldom buy.

iso/happymum
thanks for the ON advice.
happy.gif

which bank's credit card did you use?

lezy
your gal so pretty!!!

artemis,
my girl is constantly demanding to be carried and rocked to sleep. thereafter - dpeending on our luck, she can be put down on cot, tummy-down, and sleep for a good 1-2 hours.

i realize that if she sleeps well in the day, she will also sleep well at night. dunno why some people say sleep in the day - at night no need to sleep liao. There seems to be 2 schools of thought - one says daytime no sleep, at night will be so exhausted she will sleep. The other school says daytime not enuf rest, baby gets grouchy and cannot sleep well at night.

confusing.

lezy...
i love ur baby's eye... very pretty and alert... oh and re: day nap and night sleep, i read in book that if baby doesn't get enough sleep during the day they will also fuss at night...

artemis,
mine always fuss when he's sleepy nowadays except at night or when he's in aircon room...he can fall asleep on his own...but during the daytime he will fuss and we need to carry him + give pacifier..

happy/vine,
have you got your carters stuff ? hmm...i look at the set of 5 and find that the rompers like quite small in width leh...but it's long...but the earlier collection sizing is a bit different...sigh, hope can fit my son later on...

dor,
yeah..i like the feeling of opening my package too!! i hardly get presents from hb so very happy to keep receiving packages...especially when i dunno when it will arrive...hahaha...

garfield, if there is no bruising/swelling, then I dont think it hit her, she might have just been frightened/startled by the sudden movement from your arm. Monintor for a day and see if she is drinking/sleeping fine. You must be feeling so pained.

lezy, your bb is gorgeous! I change to size 3 teat since bb is 1mth plus, he drinks much better from this than the other sizes.

artemis, hmm I think your bb's behaviour is extremely normal. BBs need alot of carrying sometimes, it gives them a safe and warm feeling they dont get when they are lying all alone. How about slinging or using a good carrier? Then u can do stuff and carry bb at the same time. Thats what I do.

rashguards- hmmm I havent bought one for my bb yet, prob will let him wear with bb swimming shorts/trunks?

booties- my bbs never wear booties at all, never occur to me to buy them. They only wear socks when in aircon environment. Somehow socks look better and fits more securely, and booties look kinda loose? Like it will be kicked off easily?

hello happy,
r u here? I've pm u on what i hope to buy from ur ON spree. Do let me knw if u can take in my orders as i can't post on sprees yet
sad.gif

jeannie, garfield,
10 mins! you guys are lucky! i have to spend more time feeding :p

jeannie
my sound got make sucking sound, esp when he was younger. my PD friend said it's normal..

artemis
mine the same, esp for naps. at night he's ok, not so bad.

lezy
i also read the same - got 2 different schools of thought. but whether my boy sleep a lot or little during the day, he still sleep at night, haha. so not sure which one works for him
happy.gif

artemis, berry,
thanks for the consolation. aiyo, cannot describe how i felt when she was wailing like mad after the incident. that was the longest 15mins of my life. kept hugging and telling her mummy is sorry =(

i didn't detect any redness, bruising or swelling. everything happened so quickly that i can't even tell which part of my arm was hit, or if the door hit her (it's the auto swinging type). it was just a big blur....

will continue to monitor her condition. praying very hard that she's ok.

actually, today would have been a happy day for me cos i managed to feed her completely through latch on. previously always had to supp 1x or 2x with FM. now, i dunno if it's bcos her appetite dropped due to incident or my ss can meet her needs.

leila,
rec'd ur PM near evening.. too late lah, i oredi placed order in the aftn.. i replied u thru email liao..
will keep u informed if i start spree #3 okie..
happy.gif

garfield,
just realised your bunny bodysuit increase by US$0.50 leh..
sad.gif

andrea,
And your polo dress increase by US$0.88 ..
sad.gif

Garfield, dun beat yourself up over it. Just monitor A carefully over next day or so. I feel your pain.

Rashguards
are there any ON ones for girls besides the disney one? the boy ones look very nice.

Lezy, so envious of your gal's double eyelids! So pretty! my fren said it took her son 7 mths to show his double eyelids coz of water retention, i'm hoping it's the same case for my bb.

dor,
the purple guard rush is for ur gal rite ? is there a matching bottom for her ?
u mentioned wear swimming diaper, it's for ur boi rite & not ur gal..
wink.gif

garfield,
hope ur arms r ok.. i guess A shd be fine..

sunny,
i used OCBC credit card for my ON purchases..

happy,
the purple rashguard is for infant! Erlene can wear!

re:swimming diaper
ya, for my small G-Gervaise!

garfield, do take a look at yr arm as well.

OMG so cute the bbgal stuff! Happy, are you organising a spree? Can I join???? please pretty please???

now i know why u all can be up shopping at 4am!

happy, let me know if u starting another spree on on n gap/

cos the swimming short that i am aiming for G has reduced price!!!
ga got nice graphic t again!!

there's so many to choose from! how do you all decide? and how do you know when the price will reduce?

I want to buy everything!

bkkgal, for me.. i usually go for sales or clearance. for new arrival, i will add to my shopping cart, will go back n monitor the prices. usually will drop after a while, sometimes, some spree got 10% then will buy more. for gap, smetimes also have 15% disc, so worthwhile to get more then.

dorothy
e rashguards my boys were wearing is long sleeved. not short sleeved. cos their swim class is at 6pm so i tot getting them a long sleeved is betta.

dor,
Y u bought an infant gal rash guard ??? hahaha..
huh.. nice GAP graphic t ? u tempting mi leh..

bkkgal,
haha.. nice hor.. i oso thinking of getting the swim suit for my gal..
happy.gif

yes, try the clearance section and u may find some good buys there..

so now u gals prefer Gap or ON ? take a few days break 1st, worry too many sprees come in same time will kena GST leh..

re: Gathering at kelly's place

Just mummies & babies or spouse r invited too ?
will we flood kelly's plc ? haha..
or wan to gather the number of attendee 1st ?

happymum2b
fr my past experiences of holding gatherings, i've learned tat mummies come at different timing, leave at different timing so my plc *shld* b able 2 accomodate, unless some1 has a bigger plc.

i not game 2 go 2 public places 4 gatherings now cos my S still small, need 2 take her naps regularly, change diaper, etc.

Gathering at Kelly's Place

Date: <strike>18May, Sun</strike> 19May, Mon (public holiday)
Time: 12pm?
Venue: Pasir Ris

1) Kelly &amp; family - fried bee hoon, curry &amp; drinks

kelly,
i oso prefer to do it at someone's hse rather than public places..
thks for offering to host at your place the 2nd time..
happy.gif

e mummies who came 2 my plc e 1st time, is it big enuff? i cant recall how many families i entertain but it seems comfy enuff. i guess if e crowd gets bigger &amp; once babies cry, it may seem crowded. then again i hv 3 bedrooms for e mummies 2 run into.

sorri ah, got question, when registering for ON acc, what is the zip code you all put? me online shopping virgin. haha. :p

Received my Carter preorders rompers and dress today, very sweet.
happy.gif

Lezy, your gal so pretty with her double eyelids. Is the little red mark her BCG scar, was she born at KK?

Kelly, thanks for hosting again, I find it big enough, much bigger than my 5-rm flat. Haha. This time we'll try to be there earlier.
happy.gif

Happymum2b, I missed your ON spree, let me know when you organising another one okie?
happy.gif

Back