(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

bb bath - i use J&J top to toe bath..normally i let my bb bath after her 2nd mrning feed(10am) cos she will wail very loud if she;s not fed first.

June, i envy u being a SAHM..u get to spend quality time with your child
happy.gif

Starry, I use J&J top to toe too plus J&J bedtime bath.

June, if I were you, I'll just buy another bottle of no rinse bath, not worth the effort to unplug the bathtub and top up with fresh water. Think my BB will catch cold or fight with us while waiting for new water. :p

SAHM
June, Today, PIL ask me to quickly have no. 2 so that ILs can still look after for me. They said another few years, don't think their bodies can take it. Told him if I were to have no. 2, I'll stop working. :p

So far, both my mum and ILs also not supportive when I hinted at it. My mum grumble that I study so many years (Masters) to be a housewife, plus I think she is worried I'll have no money to give her if I stop working (which may be true). My ILs probably don't want their son to work too hard and be stressed with supporting whole family. My hubby also not very keen (but he'll agree if I really want to) cos he said we can survive on single income but we'll have little savings. I myself also half hearted because I don't know if I'll be a SAHM, I don't mind looking after BB but hate doing housechores. :p

<font color="ff6000">LV's Goat's Rue at USD19.44 excluding int'l shipping charges &amp; domestic postage+envelope</font>

Batch3
1) sweetpea - OK wif tis price
2) tongtong PAID $57.12
3) tongtong
4) eileengoh (postage) PAID $28.56
5) Thankful PAID $28.56
6) yanyen (postage)
7) yanyen

yanyen,
i received an atm transfer of S$57.12. is it fr u? i didnt get any email fr u.

this week started to give my baby EBM, only 1 feed per day...but he never finish the whole 80-90ml that i give him, only drink around 50-60ml. And after that he still demand on latch on...not sure is it because he doesn't like the teat i'm using? should i change teat or should i just keep trying to give him the bottle? or could it be the milk is too cold? do you all keep warming up the milk during feeding if the feeding takes quite long i.e. 15 min or so? the milk i give my baby is usually around body temp (or so i think, not sure how to gauge this)... i plan to feed him via bottle once a day so that he can adjust...

re: maid,
i've gotten my maid in for over a month but still dun trust her with handling my baby esp in his newborn stage...so far she has only passed carrying him and preparing water for bathing...but my maid seems to like my baby which is good...next up on my training list is to prepare EBM for my baby and hopefully she can pass the test as well.

hi june

it not supposed to have sucking noise while breastfeeding unless the baby suck on nipple instead areola.

maybe u can try to make yr bb to relatch again if he suckling on nipple ...(yr nipple may get sore one day )

hope it helps ..

PS: correct me if i am wrong

hi bluewind

yr mil boil for how long ? for me, i put all bottle into the water to boil together. once it boiling, just off the fire and leave it covered

i use sebamed bubble bath... i normally bath him in the morning b4 his feed. he will wail loudly, but when put in water he quiet..

any1 bring bb out alone in stroller b4??? i thinking of doing tat today... but scare mafan, so maybe sling him instead

hi everyone, no time no post!

this week is the school holiday so veri busy as my gal is at home

re:going out alone
cheryl, think easier to handle him using sling.

last fri, brought my boi to T3.. wa lau! so many things to bring!

brought him to church last sun, cant make it man....

re: feed
my boi is in his 6th week, drinking 110ml every 2.5hours.

bluewind
re: boiling to sterilise
i used to do it for my no.1. but decided to get a sterilizer.. it is worth the investment esp when u ebm.

thinking i am the sian one here who express every 3-4 hours throughout the day including nite time.

if it is raining, do you all wash up for your baby? i actually wash up in the morning and bath in the evening. but these few days bad weather i only bath him in the evening.

my baby is also week 7, drinking 120ml. wonder if i shld increase cos at nite he is alrite. but day time he ask for milk almost every 2 hours instead of 3 hours...

hi dor

i understand how u feel esp express on every 3 hrs.
i did that solely expressing for every 3 hrs for my no.1 and did that for 9 mth

tired and very sian......

no choice la or how to supply enuff for demand...even go out the whole day i need to bring along the PUMP...

jia you ..dorothy
for my baby own good lor so tahan lor

june, bf-ing if have sucking sound meanss baby using your nipple as pacifier! nipples will get damn sore one!!!

bluewind, i using Tefal food steamer instead of those steeriliser.

EBM:
i'm sian of having to start EBM next week to get used to "back to work" schedule.
- partly cuz my baby drinks a little at a time
- her schedule still not fixed
- how often u take apart your pump to sterilise? or u all just wash?
- if at work, means u have to bring steriliser to work???

re: bathing,

initially i also bathe when it's not raining only but nowadays i bath him regardless of weather. if it is cold then close window lor...as long as i feel that weather not windy inside the room then it's ok. just make the water a bit warmer than usual..

oops.. got suckling sound means wrong?? my baby.. always have suckling sound one..i got difficultly getting her to open her mouth big enuff to cover nipple and part of aerola leh How did u all get ur kids to open their mouth??

Sterilizing bottles.. actually i only sterilize a few times a day.. sometimes after pumping.. i just wash w the pigeon soap and then put back into sterilizer.. Hmm.. i think fine for baby leh.. cannot everything so "clean clean" must build up their immune system.. thats what i think.

Anywya.. just to check.. anyone of ur babies.. liek got mucus in the nose and throat area.. like sometimes u feel their breathing is soo.. heavy like things stuck there. I very worried.. casue my ger like got heavy breathing and she coughs!!! Not a lot of times but cough a few times.. dunno what to do.. she's only 3 weeks leh..

June.. u seem to be coping well leh.. ur bb must be very cooperative!!!

cheryl.. i think bring pram a bit troublesome leh.. but if u intend to spend long hrs outside.. i think carry sling a bit siong.. plus the milk and barang barang... If got staircase.. how to move pram down?? I was thinking of bringing my ger down to walk walk after confinement.. but from my hdb got a long flight of stairs down to ground level where the shops are.. dunno how to move the pram...Anybody got advice??

ya,my mil also bath my baby in the morning normally around 9 plus regardless of weather.Same as tute close all the window lor..

hi mummies,

can anyone advise shall i change nappy for my baby when he is sleeping? He got nappy rash so do i need to change nappy for him when he is sleeping?

kitsune_sg,
Wow... never know the hand+foot prints is so expensive... I think I'll just get DIY kit to do myself...

eliaw,
Where did you do the tai mao bi? For the washable ink and clay set, where did you get it from? Have you done it yet? Easy to do?

bluewind,
Can you drop me an email? Just realise I can't attach file through PM. [email protected]

jeannie

that's what the lactation consultant - sister kang from mt alvernia taught me this way.

u may try to tickle the baby chin once the baby open her mouth wide quickly grab yr breast and put it to baby mouth then the areola will be on her whole mouth..continue try again if doesnt latch properly.

u give a try la ... hope it helps

For lezy
as my office got microwave, so i bot the sterliser bag by using microwave to sterlise my pump and bottle during at work. u can try to look out from mothercare (they come in 3 bags in 1 pack)... each bag can sterlise 30 times .. been done that for abt haf a yr when i went back to work so far no problem

today, baby is latching almost whole morning, keep dozing off, till i gave up and gave her a bottle of EBM 90 ml and she still managed to finish despite latching on whole morning leh.....

wonder if this is too much for her...

I was thinking like this might as well i pump out everything for her????? latch i could not really figure out how much she is eating....

eliaw.. yar lor.. where to get the washable ink sets... think cheaper...
happy.gif

Belle mommy.. think i will try but like very sad for my ger.. keep pulling her out and shove her in..

bluewind
i boiled the bottles and cap for 10 minutes then off the fire.

jess
if it's raining, we just wiped baby. not bathing him.

re: bath during confinement
finally i took my bath and wash hair today after 2 wk! can't wait for confinement to end... but again, after it ends, i will be all alone handling my boy liao....

winnie, i have been feeding my bb ebm these 2 days. she drinks about 100ml at 2.5 - 3h interval. i pump at 3.5 - 4h interval. each time i pump is about 80 - 120ml. my ss not enuf to meet her demand. so i give her FM about once or twice. i feel sad when i see her searching for my nipple when i carry her. but i really want to know how much she is drinking and want her to develop a more regular feeding schedule. this is to make things easier for my mil who is going to look after her. also, everytime bb cries, everyone will look at me and say that she is hungry. so now got black and white that she is drinking enuf.

only at night i latch her on. coz i lazy to pump.

june, my bloody discharge better today. so i guess it's should my body clearing up and not my menses came.

SAHM:
i will love to stay at home to take care of my bb myself. but cannot lah, must work to keep up with all the expenses. you are lucky to be able to make this decision.

Hi bluewind, I only put in the bottles into the boiled water, didn't boil the bottle itself.

Would like to ask the mummies here, how long is your discharge/menses flow after delivery? Till now, 3weeks+ I still have my menses. Is it normal?

hi anyone baby is doing mini cluster feeding? What i mean is...

my baby..feeds like every 45-60minutes interval...each feed only 10 minutes. This can go on for like...5-6hours.
1. it's very tiring for me and i can't do anythign else at all
2. it's tiring for baby too cuz she don't get good sleep. (imagine she only sleep for 10-20 minuts before waking up and fussing/crying for feed

has anyone managed to get baby to drink more at one go?
For mine she just fall asleep even if i pull her leg and massage or play with her hand n etc.

hi bluewind ,
agree with "bottle", dun boil the whole bottles and cover, just cook the water til boil, then put in all the bottles and cover up. I invest on sterizer for this 2nd baby, too tired on boiling...is really worth $$$..save time save energy

Hi bottle,
I also have the discharge now about 3wks+2 days, my mum told me is depend on the wine u drink, if u take more wine, then u'll see more discharge.

bx...really hand it to u that u can express so many times a day. i think about expressing i feel so sian cuz it seems so tiring to have to sterilise everything and wash and etc.

bottle feeding:
yday my mum tried bottle feeding some diluted gripe water - lucky my baby seems to be able to drink from bottle. at first i thoguht she would resist bottle.

mixing Fm with BM?
sometimes at night i'm tempted to feed her one session of FM to see if she will stay full longer. anyone doing this and noted a successful trend? my baby never sleeps for more then 3hours it seems. even wake up for 10min feed also happy.

"leaking" from mouth
baby also seems (sometimes) to have milk 'overspilling' from her mouth. how to ensure she is swallowing well?

bottle..my baby coming to full month now. i'm still having discharge too. have sms-ed my gynae cuz on 2 occasion the discharge is very heavy but he say it's ok. i tihnk as long as u feel ok, it's not super heavy discharge like soaking pad every hour and you pee n poop ok, should be fine. but if u really worried, should maybe consult your gynae to put your heart at ease.

lezy,
if i latch my bb on, she also suckle for awhile then doze off. but when i feed her ebm, she can drink more.

ya, it's tiring assembling, washing, sterilising the pump. anyway, i don't think i will breastfeed for long. me no milk.

bm,
May I know is bm supposed to be thick or diluted? 'Coz my mom commented my bm to be very diluted, she said it's supposed to be thicker...

lezy
If you bf your bb for only 10minutes, I dont think bb will get the "hind" milk.. during the first 10minutes, they will mostly get the "fore" milk

Shower for baby
How do you shower your baby? Each time i tried to shower my bb, she will cry non stop. The moment I put her into the shower tub, she will cry. Seems like she doesnt enjoy shower? But I thought baby will enjoy shower!!

Garfield,

Wat do u mean by fore milk hind milk imbalance?

Btw, if i rem correctly ur ML is Sadiah rite? Hw many sessions u did? Effective in reducing belly and overall?

garfield,

this is what I found:

"Green stools and gassiness in an otherwise healthy breastfed baby are often caused by a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. This sounds very complicated, but it really isn't. Foremilk is the thinner, lower fat milk your baby receives at the beginning of a feed. It transitions to the hindmilk which is higher in fat.

This problem often occurs when the mom has a very abundant milk supply. It can also occur when the baby is switched from one breast to the other after a set period of time, and when the baby doesn't achieve a good latch-on. The baby is getting an abundance of foremilk and not much hindmilk. This can cause fussiness(colic), gassiness, green frothy stools, unhappiness at breast and breast refusal. A baby who is getting too much foremilk may want to feed frequently or for very long periods of time. He is often getting a high volume, lowcalorie feed.

Your baby's green stooling and fussiness can result from too much lactose(sugar). High volume feeds are invariably, high lactose feeds. When the excess lactose enters your baby's colon there may be increased fermentation, resulting in colic, gas and loose, acid stools.

Low-fat feeds (of mostly foremilk) are very rapidly digested. An infant will be hungry again soon after feeding. This will further stimulate the mom's milk production, often resulting in oversupply and further complicating the situation.

To help remedy this situation, allow your baby to control the feed. When nursing, let your little one come off the first breast on his own, relaxed and satisfied. If your baby is properly positioned and attached, taking in a good mouthful of breast, allow him to feed as long as he wants. You can offer the other breast, though many babies are quite content nursing from one side per three to four hour period. During the first three or four days, as your milk supply is adjusting, express just enough milk from the "unused" or "less used" breast for comfort. "

hi ladies...

bm/bf-ing
snowbelle, i think bm is very very diluted...at least mine is. almost like water except its white.

despite latching on much more for the last 10 days, it appears that my ss is dropping (cos i pump 1x first thing in morning and 1x last thing at nite) think problem is when i latch, bb doesn't empty my breast hence my ss is reducing and reducing.

tried to pump after i latched but only yield like 10ml...very tiring and demoralising so stopped doing that.

End of confinement
im ending my confinement this saturday. having mixed feelings about this. on one hand im glad not to be housebound and can bath, eat what i want, on the other hand, im afraid i can't cope with caring for bb PLUS doing the household chores. bb really creates lots of laundry to be washed each day! at the same time, wouldn't i still be 'confined' to the house as i'll be a full time housewife and have to care for bb anyway?

guess im still not adjusted to parenthood and SAHM life. really miss my working days and being able to go out with friends after work and do things according to my own timming schedule.

re breast feeding
Yeap I was tempted to give her the bottle of EBM after the whole morning of dozing off on the breast..... and after that she can sleep longer....

BX, I think you are right to certain extent, that there is black and white on how much baby drinks and thus easier to handle her.... but i am scared that without latching the supply wont grow.... so i still try to latch then pump... then when she scream when latch on to an empty breast i try to give her EBM....

really dillemma right??? on one hand want to latch her on to bond, but she keep dozing off.... then end up if we dont pump then the breast always full the supply wont kick in.....

but if we pump all the way, that means no latch, no bond..... then hor, if supply cant kicks in, that means thats it liao, cos maybe by that time baby wont latch and cant help to increase supply liao....

piglettail, my CL also leaving next monday, and imagine hubby is flying off this sunday... I think I am going to be in deep soup... though his aunt is with me to care for baby, but i am adjusting to a life with an additional stranger (Aunt) in my life.....

U quit your job for baby???

I am bonded, so cannot quit... hubby also told me dont ever think of no pay leave as we have a lot of commitments, like taking care of parents.....

Anyone of you staying in Sengkang>??? maybe one day we can meet up at the playground hehehee

piglet,
i am now doing latching and seldom pump. i think my ss drops as well. this morning i pump after feeding only yielded 50 ml in total. 20 ml from the side just after feeding and 30 ml from the other. not sure why so. but my other breast still kept dripping when i latching on bb. used the breastshell to collect the milk, about 10 ml + leaked from the other side. don't know what's wrong.
also, i feel that my breast is less engorged as last time. probably i too lazy to pump recently. i am quite worry also. should have ordered the goat's rue from kelly when she's doing the spree... hai...

read from a magazine, bb more than 2 weeks old will take in 90~120 ml every 4 hours. why this is not the case for us? it seems like our bb still cry for milk every 2-3 hours?

winnie,
how do you endure the soreness of nipple when you latch and pump everytime? my nipple very sore now. lucky not cracked yet..

bluewind
ya, 'cos of the cooling weather, i can tahan till so long. and didn't smell like rubbish. else, i think i would have begged my CL to let me take shower liao. haha....

lezy
my boy can hi-5 with your gal liao. very tiring hor?

xiao yun
did it mention FM or BM? bb on BM will get hungry easier as BM contains more water and it's easier to digest.

Back