(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

bluelily, onz! but hor.. like oni the two of us reply leh =P
sundays sr got gug classes, not ideal.. prefer sat .. mabe sat evening not so hot n u can use ur wkend car too

tub, I also wanna know. Jr poo also dun wanna tell.. dirty boy. U ask him whether he poo.. he say no everytime!

slimz, haha ya.. only we onz. But this coming 2 wks cant.. hb go reservist. Sat evening is gd for me. Maybe ard 19th Sep that week? Got long weekend! Who else wanna join for botanic garden picnic? keke

Bluelily and slimz,
Sorry har,little one fell ill then spread virus to me. Recovering now.

Go Saturdayhow?

bluelily, i started sumana diaperless these few days. sometimes she'll tell me poo poo, then point to toilet. but problem is, she doesn't want to sit in her potty. so she'll just sheeee sheeee in the toilet on the floor. hiaz. then, today, she refused to say whether she's poo-ed. kept saying no no also. headache leh...

toilet training: my mum (on wkdays) does not let sr wears diapers .. she wan pee she will pull her potty frm under the table n tell my mum or dad. on wkends when she is with us, if we are at home i oso try not to let her wear .. but most wkends we r outdoors, so bo pian
for big biz cos her timing quite std de, so we can let her go w/o diapers n dun worry abt her big dirty business =P

Slimz u can bring sr out so far alone ah? I can never do that. Ok onz.

19th Sep Sat (timing late afternoon-evening) Botanic Gardens picnic
- bluelily
- slimz
- phy?

Anyone else wanna join? keke

Potty Training
So gd ur bbs can go w/o diapers at home. tub, slimz so they will tell u when they wanna pee? Jr dun wanna sit on potty.. dun wanna tell too. When he pooed.. u ask him.. he also say mei you!
sad.gif
I dunno how shd I start potty training him leh.

Potty training: at the start, my mil forced my girl to sit on Ikea potty when she saw her straining to poo. My girl COMPLAINED big time. Also give her books to read so she'll be more willing to sit on potty, and praised her no end after she finish biz. Now auto look for potty to do poo, and sometimes to pee if she can make it in time haha! And must be Ikea potty *roll eyes*

i can handle sr along .. not much prob .. jux ve to go stroller frendly places .. else will not bring stroller and let her walk
my hb go work lor.. gg saudi tis time, for 2 weeks but duno when set off.. his boz haven say ..
toilet: sr would either ownself take the potty or pull her pants. and sometimes we would ask her (every 1-2hrs) if she wan go shhh.. if she wan she would follow u to the toilet, if not she would say 'no' .. once in the toilet she will squat n pee lor

haaa..ankh, choose toilets leh.. next time go shopping dun wan use outside toilets =P
i've a fren who is like dat leh.. and when she go overseas she will not do big biz until she is back at home!

potty training: sumana's not wearing diapers at home but i've only just begun to train her. she will tell me at times that she wants to pood pood (can stand for pee or big biz) and go to the toilet. but i have a BIG problem. she goes to the toilet but doesn't want to sit in her own potty! so she'll stand and pee or poo lor. faint. so now probably go buy those attachment that we can fix on our ma tong. see if she wants to sit there.

bluelily, sumana still has "accidents" la... sometimes macham dunno she already poo-ed or pee-ed. delayed reaction. she'll walk one big round, do something else, then come to me and point to her POOL of mistake. sigh.

19th Sep Sat (timing late afternoon-evening) Botanic Gardens picnic
- bluelily
- slimz
- phy

Anyone else wanna join? keke

Bluelily,
Don't worry abt potty training lah. My boy threw his training out of the windows after we came back from a trip in June. Now har, still can con us into taking him to the toilet then he will smile slyly and say," No more."

Me thinking of buying training pants soon. But thinking of training one thing at a time. Gonna try converting his cot into a toddler bed and see how it goes.

Shudder at the thought though, machiam like letting the monkey out of the cage at night!
happy.gif

Slimz,
Think your bag of goodies not too heavy. You can put them in your stroller when you collect them this Sunday
happy.gif

Tub,
Haha, Susu stands while doing her business? Maybe you have to demonstrate to her to show her ladies should sit and do both business
happy.gif

I didn't bother to buy a potty. Just bought a smaller toilet seat from ToysRus and let the little monkey sit on it. Tot it is an easier way. Need not go through the transition of potty to toilet seat. Me lazy mother

Tub,
Happy Teachers' Day!

My most meaningful present this year is from a little girl who got up 30 minutes earlier this morning and cooked two scrambled eggs (by herself) for me! Haha, I ate it. Delicious
happy.gif

HAA.. ya, happy teachers' day to u mummies who r teachers ..
my colleague so funny, yday lunch time went to buy teachers day gift. she says her dotter ask her to buy over the wkend but she cant find anyting nice, so yday den buy. But i told her today is teachers' day... and is oso a holiday.. meaning her dotter would give the gift as a belated teachers' day gift?!

Hello, need some help here.

Any idea how to train a 22 mths boy to sleep by himself without accompany?

My boy sleep with me for 1 yrs and then let my maid take care for 9 mths, sleep together with his sister 5 yrs and my maid.

Now, when he wake up, must see my maid, if not he will cry and cry. Looking for her. As my maid is leaving me sooner. I am trying to train my boy to sleep by himself or with his sister. But problem is both sleep together, will get sick very often.

Need your advises.

happy.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">Hello ladies,
any of your kids weaned off bottle yet? How do you start huh? Use sippy cup? My boy drinks water and juice from cups, but milk still from bottle. I wonder when is a good time to wean him from bottle totally. Any advise?</font></font>

phy, i demonstrated already. hiaz.
maybe must do it again. ... she'll point to the wc and ask me to sit there to poo poo. she'll even take her elmo to her own potty in the toilet, sit elmo in the potty and she'll pretend to be mummy and say "mmmmmm". then, she'll ask me to wash elmo and she'll throw the imaginary waste away. but when it comes to her turn, she'll not do what she preaches to elmo. HOW???

oh! phy, happy teachers' day too. this year, i celebrated with sumana alone at home. haha. so lonely.

tub, that's so funny! Think out kiddos like to imitate at this age. Jr even worse... still not holding his own bottle. Cant get him to hold himself. When we feed him, he'll hold his bear bear and feed 'milk' to bear bear. The 'milk' is his anti-mosquito lotion. Then I ask him bear bear can hold his own bottle? (Trying to tempt him to hold his OWN bottle)... He push his own milk bottle to bear's mouth instead!!! *faint*

tub,

su is so funny!! hahaa..i can almost imagine e look on ur face..haha..

alexis is somewhat e same..she simply refuses to sit on e seat..so much so, she rather wait till she's done her big business and then tell me..just to 'prevent' me fr rushg her to e wc! but im not rushg her la..im sure they will all b toilet-trained soon..as they get bigger, they find wearg diapers more n more uncomfy.

bluelily, hehheh... i think hor jr and su can be good friends next time lor. i ask her if she doesn't want the milk, could i give it to elmo... she thought for a while and said yes... then attempted to hold elmo and feed him. FAINT.

steffie, yeah... i know... in retrospect, it's really funny.

but u can really imagine how fuming mad i was lor at that point in time.. esp in the morning when i have to rush her for her 3 hour playgroup tat starts at 9am. it doesn't help when i brought her to the toilet 5 times this morning because she said she wanted to poo (but it was a lie lor... cos when she was in the toilet, she told me she wanted the shower head and no poo poo) but she poo-ed in her diaper JUST when we were about to go out.

i think i've been so stressed out by this toilet training + the 2 hour milk feed (she takes tat long to finish one bottle of milk, not feed once every 2 hours) + the not wanting to eat attitude lately. i weaned her off the tv whilst eating but lately, she's been acting up again. so no choice, let her watch the leapfrog dvd or it would be a constant battle to get her to take her rice.

i've been feeling so lousy lately. wonder if i'm cut out to stay at home with her. i think i should learn from u steffie, to be more relaxed... think when i'm so uptight, it affects the susu too. But when i comes to the crunch, i'll have to remember to breathe. it's really not ez...

tub I can understand how u feel. I tend to lose my temper when i'm alone with jr too. He can really drive me up the wall sometimes. Ya, I think jr and su can really be good friends! Same pattern! Have u started give su adult food? Sometimes if jr eats too little.. i'll compensate by giving him our food. I loves meat!

Slimz,
I just saw your msg, din come in for some time. Yes, I sent Kyrell to Act 3, into lesson 7 or 8 liao.
So far am ok with the class, some songs and activities are repeated weekly then each week, there is a topic ie frog, there will be a song abt it and they will do a craft on frog.

Kyrell seem to like the teacher and even said her name when I sing a song learned from the class. He remembers that the song was from Act 3 so I guessed he likes going there bah. Still dunno whether to continue signing after the term ends cos he has started gng to cc liao.

Btw the charges is $250 for 10 lessons, each lesson is an hr. I went for 5pm class de.

tub,

i totally understd how u feel..i tink i'm more relaxed becz A is my #2..aiyo, u shld see how i was when i only had #1..plus pressure fr MIL to do tis n tat..i almost went nuts..of cz over e yrs, i learn a lot more..n a key lesson is to relax n not b overly regimented..last time, i was v v hung up over my so-called 'routine'..my whole life revolved ard e both of them..i always ensure that they hv enuff sleep n rest before they can go somewhere/ do somethg..but i learnt tat as they get bigger, it's ok to lose that little sleep now n then (it also means they'll turn in earlier in e nites) or indulge in some ice cream/ marshmallows.. dun go down too hard on urself, honestly. if u get all moody, u will inevitably affect su n we all know we need alot of patience dealg wif kids!

3 words..Take It Easy ..n u are e best person to care for her..dun shortchange urself on tis.

oh back to e toilet traing bit, just to share..when my boy turned 2, my MIL said he shld b toilet-trained etc..but he simply wasnt ready..so we spent more time clearing up e mess instead of taking him to e toilet..n MIL commented tat he was takg too long in learning etc etc ..n she said something like, "if u pee in ur shorts, ur kuku will drop!" can u imagine his fear??? i swear he turned pale after..n no, tat threat din help one bit, in fact, he got soooo traumatised, he started holding his pee (my poor boy). of cz i was v affected n i got my hb to speak to her abt it..in e end, she said that's 'the old style' of teaching la...(duh)..anyway, when he started sch, e teachers told me not to wear his diapers becz they will slowly train him (how nice!) n lo n behold, he was toilet-trained just like tat..

so moms, dun b too hard on our little tots.

steffie, ur MIL is so funny! i told my hubby and he flipped! poor G... must have been so traumatised! anyway, which cc is your boy in now?

Re: eating: as for now, i've decided to stop forcing her to eat. it'll be tough (on me) but i think using cane / bribes like tv will not help in the long run. my mum caught her making a funny face one day when we finally relented to her watching tv! this was after so much crying and vomiting and all sorts of nonsense. it was an expression of victory for her! grrrrrrrrrr! a typical case of high strung mum + cheeky kid = stressful combination.

anyone wants to share their tod's schedule? Mine goes like this:

7am: wakie! and 250ml milk + water (this will take 2 hours to finish)

9am: school: snack of biscuits, corn flakes and water

1230pm: reach home from school

1pm: bath and lunch

2pm: nap

4/430pm (sometimes, our terror can sleep up to 3 hours): wakie! and soy milk (100-150ml) + water. after milk, it's fruits.

630pm: dinner

9pm: milk (200ml) + water + zzzzzzzz

Talking abt cheeky kid.. no one can win jr! He always gets what he wants like a little king at my parents' place. At home.. we try to disipline him.. but no use. Hai...

Here's jr's schedule:

7+am: wake up
8-830am: 180ml of milk
11am: Porridge
12noon-3pm: Nap
3+pm: Porridge + fruits for weekdays
6+pm: 180 milk
7+pm: Come and steal adult's food, few bites here and there
9+pm: 180 milk
10+pm-11+pm: zzz

sr's schedule (weekday):
7+am : wake and milk (120ml) den bathe
9+am : may zzz for 1hr again
12pm : Lunch (brown rice + fruits + milk, sweet potatoes + milk, porridge or noodles)
1+pm - 3/4pm : noon nap (if lunch din take milk, will sneak in 120mls before her noon nap)
5pm : Dinner (porridge)
7+pm : sama as jr, steal our food =P
9+pm : milk (120ml)
10+pm : latch on n zzzz

YR's been on pediasure for a while coz she kept falling sick and was losing weight. Now she's up into the 75% so thinking of stopping her pediasure and going back to FM. Any suggestion for which one to use?

bluelily, jr is certainly eating quite a lot! he's drinking about 540ml of milk a day and 2 meals of porridge plus some table food from adults! i think it's genetic cos both u and hub are slim. but good what like tat won't have to join any TAF program in pri sch! i think he just has a high metabolic rate tat's all!

today i let the sch bus aunty carry susu to sch while i remain in the bus. another emotional goodbye. sigh.

claire, fm.. up to personal preference ba. Nowadays all fm fortified with similar stuff.. Gain IQ is the most popular n ex i think. Jr is on Friso.. now got new formula with Pre and pro biotics. so far so gd. I also give pediasure at night.. but not everyday.

tub, ya now that I see ur meal schedules.. more at ease. At least his skinny not because he eat too little. We always v stressed abt his weight.. try to pump in as much food as we can.. hahaha! Ya think he got high metabolic rate.. and poo 2-3times a day and keep moving, running, jumping here n there. He just succeed in jumping off the ground recently. haha! How come su need to take sch bus? She's on 1/2day lessons?

here's mine :

7+am-8am: wake up (drink water)
830am: 270ml milk
9am: Biscuit &amp; Water
11.30am: 270ml milk
12noon-2.30pm: Nap
3+pm: Snacks (Sometime dun have)
5+pm: 1/2 bowl of rice with fish carrot &amp; ~3 bowl of soup
7+pm: Come and steal adult's food, few bites here and there
9+pm: 270 milk
10+pm: zzz

me also feeding 1 -2 feed of pediasure cos normally due to her nap time end up skip her lunch &amp; also she s choosy with food.

Here's Ryan's
7am to 8 am - Wakie wakie. Warm water then 240ml FM
9am - Breakfast - cereal or mash potatos or pancakes or bread or biscuits ...depending on what my mil wants to prepare for him
11.30pm - Lunch. 1 bowl of porridge(fish, pork plus vegetables) and soup
1 plus - 240 ml FM then la la land till 3 plus or 4 pm
4 plus - snacks (yogurt or fruits or biscuits)

6.30 pm - dinner (rice and soup)

9 pm - 240 ml FM then lala land till next morning

He's eating well. In fact MIL calls him a trash can (endearment) coz he eats a lot. Thankfully (or not), he doesn't take to the so-called outside food, except french fries, which I limit him.

Tub, why school bus? Another milstone for her and you
happy.gif

RE: Pediasure

Ladies, how come many of you seem to be giving Pediasure only on and off, and not permanently? My boy having it 3 times a day since 12 months... so far I never think of switching leh...

How come must switch? Any problem??

higgledy
pediasure is a high-calorie fm and supposed to be for picky eaters. Also supposed to be sweeter than other fm so that the picky eaters will like to drink it. Now that YR is no longer choosing her food, i'm worried her caloric intake will be too much esp since she takes milk like nobody's business.
wake up 7am 8oz
1000-11 brunch (usually porridge)
1230 or so 8oz again (hopefully nap)
wakeup from nap will have another bottle
530pm dinner usually porridge
8pm milk
If she doesnt sleep after the 8pm feed, then will have another feed when she sleeps.

So at least 5 feeds of 8oz a day...she's becoming a pui mei... there was a time when she was taking 7-8 bottles a day...

bluelily, its genes lar.. both u n hb so miao tiao .. my sr metabolism not as high as mine..she eats almost same as ur jr .. and is 12kg now =P

wow claire .... my gal prefer drink milk to food so i also try to limit her milk intake cos she s oredi 90% liaoz cannot afford to drink like tat. else she easily can drink 4-5 bottle of 270ml of milk a day.

yeah higgledy like wat claire sed pediasure is meant for picky eater if keep drinking pediasure my gal will put on alot of weight so i also limit 1 feed per day worst case 2 feed nia.

slimz ... my gal also 12kg in early aug now dunno wat s her weight liaoz. now can't carry her for long else my back ache like hell.

phy &amp; bluelily, sumana is on a 3 hour playgroup with greentree montessori. starts at 9am and ends at 12 noon. i let her take school bus cos i'm not confident of my driving. hiak hiak. cannot manage with me and her alone in the car. she'll request that i change cd, sing to her etc etc... too dangerous.

if i take taxi, not worth it cos it's $6 per trip due to morning surcharge. if take school bus, it's $120 to and fro and the uncle &amp; aunty are quite nice. take public bus i'll faint cos altho it's near, there's no direct bus there and we'll have to walk a distance to her school.

so envious of babies who can have lunch, then drink FM. susu has to wait for 3 hours b4 she could stomach another feed, be it actual meal, milk or even fruits. i always complain to my husband there's only so much time for me to squeeze in her feeds!

slimz and gab's mum, wow! your girls are 12 kg! tat's quite a good weight. mine is about 11.4kg. ok la but pd says can put on a little more cos her height is in 90th percentile! super tall for her age!

gab's mum, 4-5 bottles of 270ml! WOW! mine drinks an ave of 3 200ml feeds a day and i had to cajole and coax and threaten her!

erm.. i tot pedisure is only as a supplement? I give once a day.. also no effect to jr's weight. And jr dun like too sweet stuff too. tub.. at least su is 11.4kg! I'm waiting till jr hit 10kg.. wait till neck also long liao. Think need another yr.. wahaha!

tub ... actually 11.4kg not tat bad lah. mayb su got small appetite???

bluelily .. my niece is totally on pediasure cos she s picky on food &amp; she used to be under weight kind but now she s a siao pang pang liaoz.

Back