(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

dylan's mom, forgot to tell u i tt the 1.50 to you liao.
happy.gif

Hi, no I am not saying we can skip the MMR. It is compulsory. The reports that MMR is link to autism - the pros override the cons.
my paed say the risk for MMR is the highest from 1 year to 15mths. so go for it earlier is better.

my supply diippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd like mad, suddenly went south in 3days!!! dunno why all of a sudden like that! now 1pump = 1/3 feed... i'm still hesistant to wean him and i started fenugreek 2days ago but i still dun see the effect yet! mental... mental..

anyway, shawn's having fever all of a sudden yesterday. last nite he was warm at 37degC. this morning 5am he's 38degC. just now school said he's 37.3degC. duno why oso.. sigh..

jeelo, could it be due to menses? mine dippppppped too prior to menses. or it could be stress at work? but got to admit... nowadays, supply not as good plus susu's intake of milk has increased. have to substitute 50% of su's feed with fm.

eve,
my #1... i plan to send her to childcare when she is 2yrs old ba... my #2... initially no 1 fight wif me mah... letting my MIL tc.. but, now... i don't koe wads my er sao plan... so, still thinking of solutions lol...

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+2">Hi babes,
anyone engage confinment lady boh??? me desperately in need of one for my #2... can share wif me the contact no??? KAmsiah</font></font>

MMR : that is why lor.. so confusing... Polyclinic die die also jab only when child is 15mth...

and no no ... must take at and by 15mth..

Sigh, my laptop out of order since Boxing Day, so can't login for awhile.

Been having some challenges with Kaylen. Wonder if any other mummies face the same.

1. Her intake decreasing. Previously, she was eating practically everything every min. Lately, she only takes a few mouthfuls n then she wld run away. Her milk intake also very little, abt 150ml 3-4 times a day.

2. Kaylen has 8 teeth so far and these 2-3mths, no new ones. Just the other day, I noticed that slightly further inside, 2 upper teeth seems to be sprouting out, 1 from each side. So, there is a gap of 1 tooth on each side. Very strange leh, the teeth doesn't seem to grow out in sequence.

3. Kaylen is so different from the big sis. What she wants she must get. She wld scream n cry very loudly n sharply, sprawl on the floor n throw tantrums till we give in. It is very embarassing, esp in shopping centres. How to discipline kids like this?

4. Kaylen tends to wake up a few times in the night crying. Sometimes, feed her milk she wld go back to sleep. Sometimes, she doesn't want milk, neither she wants to be carried. She just cry n cry. After 10-15mins or so, she goes back to sleep. Taxing on us cos we haven't had a night of good night sleep since she's born.

Kaylen can walk but can't talk, most of the time, she just scream for attention.

Botanist, so you going back to workforce. I'm still thinking if I should go to work or stay home to take care of the kids. I lost a job opportunity last Nov when I asked them for higher pay. Just submitted application to another company. While waiting, I keep asking myself whether I really want to go back to work, cos when in ofc, think I'll be worried abt the kids at home.

Just wanted to share...

One evening, my hb and I were just disturbing each other. Tickle each other (both of us are ticklish). So, with his limbs longer than mine, I was in the "losing end" of the tickle-battle. I was all curled up on the bed and hb was "attacking" my neck and waist. We were playing in front of my gal. She was just sitting on the bed, watching us and laughing. I dunno what my gal perceived it as, but she suddenly screamed and cried very loudly, like she's very scared or something. And she reached out to me...i dunno...it came across to me as if she was trying to say "No!!" kinda thing.

And it was a short scream/cry, but she had tears...big tears rolling down her face...

csi fan,

L prob thot u were being 'attacked'. so poor thing. my #1 used to cry buckets too whenever my hb does such things to me..when he got older, he'll lung fwd at my hb n stop him fr tickling me. hehe.L's a keeper definitely.

just came back from PD. shawn hit 39degC by ear therm. doc did a bullet up his butt and gave panadol. then he got hives (like small dots of rashes all over his body). Doc asked me if i gave anything new yesterday or the day.. i dun remember wor... anyway hopefully temp would come down soon. he's still chatty and noisy as usual.. except some point he look sian sian. poor babe.

tub, mine dipped b4 menses and now still going south. demoralising! starting this week, at daycare he drinks milk only one time nia, 250ml. then day/night is latch on. i assume he's drinking at least 150-200ml from me during latch on. doc said based on his wt and his appetite on solids, the amout is sufficient. i pray fenugreek would do wonders soon...

steffietan,
yah...I think so too. Think she thot I was being attacked. We were very surprised....surprised that her brain actually sort of, understands the situation, and that she could actually think of it that way...I mean, we don't watch violent movies etc...so how does she know of "Attack"...kinda thing. But good lah. hehs...she knows how to protect her source of food...muahahaha...

hen re milk intake:
i suspect shirui is only taking only abt 300mls a day lar..
morning my mum feed her brown rice paste with milk .. abt 120mls .. and thereafter no more milk until i'm bk from wk at nite .. den i'll latch her on both sides.. during the day my mum prob will sneak in abt 100-200mls in between to let her zzz ..

csi.. haaa.. protect her source of food !!
mabbe shld try on sr ... wonder will protect me anot .. =P
but i noe for sure she looks for me more than daddy .. hiak.. early morning she wake up will walk to me hug hug kiss kiss.. daddy beg and beg oso dun get it .. HAAAAA

slimz.
wahahahahaha....your SR so cute. daddy dun get it. hahaha.

I'm in two minds about whether to stop or reduce BF. Haiz. On one hand, I enjoy it (minus the biting, the tiredness, rushing to go pump during the day etc). But on the other hand, it's getting busy for me at work...not much time to pump regularly anymore (esp this kind of climate, better work harder...). If I dun pump at work, dunno if I can tong till when I get home after work or not...and not sure if L will be happy to take FM during the hours I'm not at home...so far, she's rejected a few brands. fussy pot...

hmmm...then, I'm wondering, if I dun pump during the day but latch only at night...what about weekends...would I be able to latch her on during the day?

Same J will lunge at his papa if he perceive that I am under "attack". Hahaha... The 1st time he saw, he was crying like Louisa. Then now he is stronger he will come by and push his papa away.

Hen,

J has huge gap between his teeth but according to my grandma, next time when his new teeth replaces his milk teeth, it will fill up the gap nicer and no over-crowding. And I seriously hope what my grandmother says is true.

i recently had my review. Some big shot had some tots about breastfeeding and fedback to my boss. Apparently that big shot is 'concerned' about the time me and some mommies spend on expressing milk. he got the cheek to share his 'tot' about this when our company policy is pro-breastfeeding. anyway, my boss is okay with me bf-ing and she has no concern (since she herself is a mom of 5) plus as long as i do my job well.

any moms feeding fresh milk instead of FM? anyway, just to share... I asked my pd just now and she recommended these brands - Meiji, President UHT, greenfields or farmhouse.

milk supply:

i tink i will slowly stop pumping totally. honestly, it's quite disheartening to see the amt n also it's quite a big bang to myself when i've seen so much milk come out before (hahahahhaha).. sometimes, i dunno y i'm pumping also cz i'm at her beck n call 24/7. i tink i hv enuff excess to last her another yr. anyways, it's been a great 1 yr+ n i tink i will slowly relieve e hb fr his bottle washg/sterilising duties soon. hehehe..

csi fan,

def will hv milk when there's stimulatn. dun hv to worry abt weekends not hvg milk in e day.

hen,

actually what you described abt kaylen hor... dylan also like that. wake up at night numerously.. mostly for milk, sometimes to cry. he also screams alot for attention, is a very very very loud baby and acts abit spoiled! really scream and arch his back and roll around if he doesn't get his way.... I really think this is a personality and behaviourial thing, we hv to find a way to manage them, since we know what sets them off... so they can avoid 'losing' it.
sad.gif

u still in perth? hope u get a job.. I know its hard cos yr mind will be with yr kids when u at work but its nice to have some income for a change too. And of course, to get back some of our sanity. LOL. If you can get the job, i think no harm trying it out.. if really dun like, then quit right?
happy.gif

slimz
didi is just like shirui.
only drink when mummy is around.

long time never come in here.
see alot of the babies can talk and walk liao.
happy.gif

My didi also start to walk before his 1st yr bday last yr, but can only say 3 words "papa, jie jie and nia nia"
dunno when is my turn????
sad.gif

Hi Mummies... any idea if we can let our baby eat kraft cheddar processed cheese? or is any mummies already letting your child eat this?
happy.gif

mummies who had weaned off their baby off the breast &amp; stopped bf, does yr baby has this habit of sniffing at the breast when carry them to sleep?

feel it's a bit embarrassing when he does it in public.

My kiddos and I love the laughing cow brand.

JK is rejecting solid these few days... Made his fav pasta and cheese yet rejected too. He knows how to spit out his food recently. But his milk intake is fine... Add in marmite also don't like... ZzzZzz...

Constance,
Don't worry, mine is "bus", "taxi", "bearbear" and "daddy"... no more liao...

my girl is taking 2 naps a day. usually about 2 hours during weekends. she also sleeps longer during weekends. will drink her milk at 530-6am, then back to sleep till about 7-ish. weekdays her naps are shorter since she's at infant care. about 2x40 mins.
sad.gif

jeelomeelo,
thanks for sharing the fresh milk brands...i'm in the process of weaning off jr,currently i still breastfeed twice,once in the morning and once at bedtime.afternoon i'd give fresh milk.i asked my PD before whether toddler formula is necessary she said nope,if your son eats well a wide range of food then fresh milk is sufficient.

re: cheese
jr loves 'Emmi' brand of cheese...mummy got hooked too heehee

crystalz,
nap-wise...jr only naps once a day abt 45 min-1 hr only!
once in a blue moon still naps twice, 2 x 30 mins or 2 x 40 mins
but he sleeps about 12 hrs every nite...

anyone knows where i can rent an avent isis duo? my friend who lent me the pump is giving birth in jul so i'll have to return her prior to that. wonder if i should buy an isis duo (which is about 700++) or rent. it only makes sense if i have a 2nd one to buy the pump but that is so hard to predict. don't think i'll wean by 18 months so i'm in a fix now.

Re: baby napping

Kaylen sleeps lesser now. At nite, she goes to bed ard 9.30pm. Waking up a few times in the nite. Morning, she wakes up ard 7am. In the late morning, she usually hv a nap of 1hr or so ard 11am. Sometimes, she drags all the way till aft lunch then nap. Lately, she tends to skip her afternoon nap of abt 2hrs.

Old folks used to say that those baby who sleeps less tend to be less chubby. Maybe that explains why Kaylen now no longer "sumo".

missylan,

Kaylen also rejecting her solids. Just like JK, she knows how to spit out her food. Or she wld turn away n run away.

Nowadays hor, feeding time is messy time. Worse, she wants to feed herself, so food wld drop everywhere n she tries to use her hands instead of spoon.

mine would rub his face vigorously into my chest, sometimes choose to bite me... when he's trying to fall asleep in the carrier. I got serious problem making him fall asleep/nap on weekends. Even at home, he can jolly well stay awake until 4pm and not nap even though he's running fever.(that's what happened last Sat - I was dead worried that he din get enough rest!). He can naps about 40min to 1.5hrs.. not fix timing... He's been waking up in the midd of the night for the past week. Going kuku liao me... the upcoming molar probably explains it all.. i caught a sight of one yesterday.. looks real big, swollen under the gum... and his appetite is NOT that great like before... aiya...

Re : Baby Napping

Kyrell naps twice a day, each lasting ard 1.5hr, shorter if we are outside. Some weekends at home, he can sleep longer, 2-3hrs. He sleeps late at night, ard 10pm (or later if we are out late) and wakes up ard 8am+.

tub
just want to check... hv u been using the duo all the time? heard it's good. but is it bulky to carry around? thinking of selling my medela swing and get a dual electic pump. wanted to get the medela PIS. Used the Avent manual pump and find i get more milk out of it. now wondering if i shd consider the duo.

Re: teeth

Saw one 17 month old baby girl (toddler?) to day. She has only 4 front teeth and 2 molars. And this is a baby who self weaned from BM at 14 months, and has been eating adult solid food before 1 yr of age! Guess some babies do take their own sweet time.

Dawn, maybe can let Dylan swim? Cos the 17 mth old toddler I mentioned above swims about 4 times a week, and her mum comments that she eats more than her 4 yr old sister. Trust me, her thighs are yummily plump! Me envious la cos Emma's thighs will never be like that hee.

ugggghhh.. now shawn got really really ugly red spots on his face and body. the daycare just called to tell me that they have a concern. looks like i got to bring him home. my doc said it's fake measles (spoke to her yesterday evening). hopefully it's not bothering him. i think one of the babies here had fake measles b4 rite? are they bumpy? Shawn's ones are quite bumpy and rough... now, i'm just waiting for my doc to call me back coz i was asking ard, the red spots aren't supposed to be bumpy and rough...

Hen / Dawn
QJ also learned to scream and throw tantrums in the past week. He will say no to everything and start screaming. Sometimes he will come to me and pull my legs but when I carry him, he'll continue to fuss and twist his body. When I put him down on the floor or in his cot, he will kick his legs and just sit there and scream and cry. Not sure why he is acting like a spoiled brat. I'm also at my wits as to how to rein him in. Anyone has a wise suggestion?

Milk in-take
QJ takes about 160ml of FM 4-5 times a day. Haven't tried fresh milk on him yet. Can fresh milk totally replace FM? If so, that will be so much easier. Hehe ... I'm a lazy mummy.

Naps
QJ naps either 1x (2hrs) or 2x (1 - 1.5hrs). He sleeps by 8.30pm - 9pm and wakes between 7-7.30am. He still wakes up at night to look for his pacifier and sometimes he wants milk at around 4-5am.

val,
mine oso like that screeam, kick and throw things at me somemore... cannot tahan. this morning i scolded him upside down. (coz i didn't have proper sleep last nite - kept wanting to latch on thru out the nite!) !!!just now i called the daycare, when they were feeding him breakfast, he suddenly teared. not crying just tearing.. he used his hands to wipe the tears away, then they kept falling. the caregiver said he seemed upset. i hear already oso feel bad, din know he's so emotional one.....
sad.gif
anyway, later am taking 1/2 day leave to bring him to the doctor.

jeelo,
oh no...he must be thinking "my mommy scold me today....*sob sob*...my mommy scold." poor thing. he must feel hurt. he's quite emo...hehs. but cute lorh.

jeelo,
L had the fake measles just before her 1st bday (cleared before that too...heng). the rashes were not bumpy leh. nothing at all. skin got spots, but smooth smooth

Oh dear, later sayang him a bit. Maybe uncomfortable?

My friend's 4yo son kena chicken pox bigtime; blisters everywhere, even the mouth, genitals and anus. See food also cry, so guess it's along the throat too
sad.gif
Now the boy is recovering and her girl is starting. Only a month older than yu ru nia. Poor things. Then she also have to take leave to look after them. If my girls get, I can't imagine what they'll be like, esp yu ru. She'll probably howl the house down for a wk.

aiyo poor shawn. could it be allergy?

eve, isis duo is GOOD! at least it serves me well for the past 14 months. i have good let down with it. not too bulky la... or maybe i'm used to it liao. hehheh.

re: eating
we discovered susu likes rice with soup (not sure if it's really wat she likes or if she just wants our food). she'll actually sit in her high chair and eat! but they must be served SEPARATELY. so now, we'll just give her wat we eat during the weekends and in the evenings. forces us to eat healthily too. hahhah.

Jeelo
The part about Shawn tearing and wiping tears away must have really torn your heart apart. Poor boy. He must be feeling uncomfortable and yet doesn't know how to tell you. Give him a big hug when you see him. Hope the doc's visit later will be fine and the red spots are just casual rashes.

Tub
Wow! You found the way to Su's tummy. Great. Don't be too hard on yourself. The food you eat is just as good for her otherwise you wouldn't be eating them right?

val,

ehrm, usually when dylan throws those horrid tantrums, i will just let him cry. it depends, if the outburst is due to something more serious, we will sayang him (when this happens, he usually cries alot more). If its just him being spoiled, we will leave him on the playmat to cry and just do something else... usually, once he realise that we are ignoring him and doing something else, he will stop crying and come over to investigate.

tub,

wow so happy that su likes soup &amp; rice. I tried feeding dylan that but he eats very little too. One day, i fed him oats + milk and egg and he ate at least 15-20 spoonfuls! But next time I fed him the same thing, he reject liao!! Sigh. But the good news on my end is he now don't mind drinking milk from the sippy cup so there is hope that he will survive when i put him in infant care soon..
happy.gif

jeelo,

oh dear, poor shawn. i hope he is ok! hope he was tearing cos he not well and not cos u scolded him... so heartbreaking.
sad.gif

Back