(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

I'd use the 1st teeth toothpaster with finger brush to clean Caelen's mouth since 3mths old. Quite good and he like it.

hippo: I agree, like the bumper mat very much. feel it's worth it.

Re: Start solid,
Asked my GP regard semi-solid food. She strongly discourage trying anything (not even a small dip on the lips). she say seems like the researchers also changing their recommendation to start only after 6 mths due possible allergy. She once treated a baby with very bad allergy which the mum only put a small drop of the food (forgot what food) on the lips.

re: diapers
unice and garden_dreamz, yeah it's cheaper to order directly from nepia. ntuc sells at $16.90 a pack but nepia sells it at $15. have to order minimum 4 packs--they'll deliver to u FOC. the number is 62262650.

re: car seats
i agree with totoro bb...wait until robinsons JL or taka sale, can get good quality seats at gd discounts. now feel like selling away my graco seat coz it so darned chunky!

Ben_mum, im the one who got the graco seat
happy.gif
got it at the taka baby fair last yr for $299. it comes with this inner padding that can be removed when bb grows bigger. got side protection also. i suppose that's why it's so big...

hippo18, i think you should get a car seat. read a report on one the threads in SMH whereby this boy died in a car crash because of an ill-fitting car seat. imagine, even with a car seat also got risk, what more if we carry bb in our arms? if there's any collision, not only will bb be flung out of the adult's arms, but the bb will also risk being crushed by the impact of the adult's body colliding with the bb. i rather put up with the inconvenience of strapping him in than take the risk and regret later...

hehe...hippo...be prepared for yelling and screaming.... coz now they know more things...not so willing to be strapped down....mine will cry and complain...just got to ignore and tong lor..then she will quieten down, just to catch her breath and start again....haha

jovial thanks for the tip of not introducing solids....think i will wait it out..

re giving water....think must start mine already...looks like most of ur babies all drink water...mine still dun regularly drink..maybe 3 times the most...haha..since the day she turned 1mth!! she seems to vomit after drinking water..dunno why...

bbunny, i normally give my bb water in the mornings when he wakes up. cos he sleep in air con room. mil say must give some water. so i give 1 oz of water in the morning. he will play with the teat in the beginning but after 2 minutes he will finish his 1 oz of water.

hippo18, hee ok...yah buy oredi should use mah, don't waste.. :p actually i think now is a good time to train bb to sit in it lah. of coz may protest like what bbunny said but better now than later! usually once the car gets going it should be fine...i used to standby the pacifier for when matty gets cranky during the ride.

Ben_Mum, it's very sturdy but take up lotsa space in the rear seat leh, almost half the space gone. then my mil n i must squeeze like crazy at the back. i think it's prob more useful for ppl with MPVs or SUVs...ours is just an average-sized saloon car.

Hi All,

Visited some infant care, like of of it st changi business park .. but somehow i cant bear to put BB into a centre. May convert to workiing part time... dun know how... sign..
Car seat,

been putting BB in a car seat since his full-mth. Now for short distance, he can be left alone at the rear seat. ... no choice, cos sometime it will be either me or my hubby driving him arounf alone...

water;
never feed him water before, only when he is sick .. to take med. think will start soon. Cos my pd said milk contains lots of h2O (even FM) so water is not needed.

Good afternoon mummies!

wow! too many posts till 'yian hua liao luan'.

Sling:
Once my Isaac in it, straight away playing chess with 'zhou gong'. :> One technique i discover that snugs bb very well is to hold him upright on one side of your shoulder (eg, left) and the ring of the sling on the right. Glide the legs first into the sling, followed by the bums. Wah la! his chest will touch your chest, just like you cradle him barearms.

Super comfy (can stretch his legs) for a bb that weighs 7.5kg,65cm at 3mths.

Now learning to sling him comfortably in upright position cos find that the bb carrier cause backache.

Diapers:
Have tried PampersNB, Pampers Comfort,Active baby, mamy poko, fitti, drypers.

Velvet, opp of yours...Isaac's bum is small but legs rather chubby. So most M size can't fit his thighs. Now on drypers M, though abit wide for his butts.

Hmmm....next round should try Nepia.

Carseat:
My SIL child was not trained in carseat so had problem when holiday to Auzzie (very strict in car safety) when he's a toddler. Will cry his heart out lor.

Solid food:
Tot was advised to intro after 6mths? Unless bb appetize so good that 6ozs milk cannot fill his hunger.

bbunny
i usually put bb on his tummy after he wakes up fr his nap, before milk/water time, so at least the position won't upset him. also keeps him occupied coz when he wakes up, finds no one around, he'll yell. when i put him on his tummy on his playmat, he can stare quietly for a while before start his 'radio' again.
happy.gif

thanks for the tip on car seat.

karrie, bbunny,
re: car seat
alamak, if put bb inside, bb will scream n complain but once car start moving, bb ok? but then, i no car yet leh, thinking of getting only when go back work in july. if i put bb in car seat now, won't he scream? n i can't possible carry car seat around to mimic movement while he's in the car seat?!! i've muscles, but not that much muscles... jia lart... how ah? :D

re: sling
i just discovered using another kind of sling that doesn't have those rings to loop around, just a cloth that you tie by yourself after holding the bb n i'm happy to say that i managed to contain my bb's butt in the sling n for once, he seem pretty ok being in the sling! yay!!! next thing is to try carrying him in the sling n walk around the park downstairs. once bb is ok n mummy has boostered her courage, this mummy shall conquer the shopping malls with her little tyke! but only can window shop, on NPL, so can see, cannot buy! :D

HI all,
sling,

ah... im super hopeless with this. Need my hubby help to put bb inside.. but defeat the purpose of a sling hor...

Though of buying a carrier instead, should be easier right? Cos hubby going out of town for 2 weeks. I must bring bb to and fro my MIL place, to his gym class, shopping alone... his pram is super bulky and i has a supper small car which i have diff putting the pram in... and..... everyday need to bring my pump to office, milk to my MIL, (that is 2 bag - one for office, one for pump and milk)... how to survive????????

Whenever i try to put him in the sling alone, i will take a long long time to adjust and he got ANGRY and shout anf shout....

sign.... do youa ll think is goot to invest in a good carrier... at least not so complicated leh...

hi all

re coating on tongue….i’m still using the traditional method, ie, wet the bb face towel with warm water wrapped around index finger & clean bb’s tongue/gum b4 shampooing/bath bb with another face towel…. I use the soft toothbrush oni after got teeth, no use toothpaste till after 1 yr, scare too much sugar content ....

re diapers…me too using nepia (2nd priority), my 1st is mamy poko, then huggis ultra slim.. I’ll stock-up whichever is on sale… of cos try to get bigger size if not outgrown will b wasted… too bad nepia dun hv XL diapers, oni up to L afterwhich they introduce pants, if bb outgrown the L size & hvnt toilet train yet hv to source for other brand…

re sling….fitty..i oni tried cradle position, bb ok in it, but many at times, the outer layer of sarong always cover bb’s face leh.. v irritating… duno if my method is correct, can any mummy advice? I’m right hander but hv to carry bb’s head on lefthand cos got more strength, when I use the sling.. the ring on my left shoulder, then I’ll adjust the sarong evenly then slot bb in btw then pull the tail to tight it, but as I said, sometime the outer layer always covered bb whole face, then I hv to support bb’s head if nt I find his head/back will ‘bend’ due to gravity… end up my arm soo tiring… hiaz…

chris..i heard ergo is good, i wanna buy since my gal's time but hubby say too X & waste money if bb outgrown, tat it...hiaz..

thanks mummies for info on bumper mat and bb drinking water!
happy.gif

paisay, i side track abit.. any of u have good recommendation of private driving instructor ard west region? finally decide to learn after much persuasion & pressure from hubby... :p

re: wearing mitten,
my boy stopped wearing mitten in his 7th week... i remembered during mrs wong's class, she mentioned that bb shd off mitten ard 6th week as mitten prohibit their fine motor skill, they will learn to grasps and exercise their fingers more w/o mitten...

garden,
haa! same as me.. on NPL, can see but cannot buy... but sometimes i buay tahan so still buy loh... stay at home also can spend $... :p

Junnie,

The solution for not having excess cloth on bb face is to ensure the inner cloth fits well under your chest. For you, under your right breast. And not too much outer cloth. Glide bb in having the head pointing towards the ring. At first the hole may seem abit small but pull the outer cloth out and upward as bb glides in. So from front view, bb will look diagonal. You don't even need to support his head.

re carrier:
personally won't want to spend on expensive carrier cos bb outgrows too fast. Good for short distance but makan time got problem unless piggyback. Also, can't try clothing lor. Very mah fan. Stroller still the best for shopping.

carseat;
My bb cranky for 1st few times. Must persevere, he gets used to it now.
kao_biggrin.gif

karrie & bbunny,
i m crossing my fingers and pray that bb dun fuss when i try her in e car seat. haha!

junnie, same same... using the same way to remove e white stuff on bb's tongue.. erm.. though itz my mum bathing her and doing it la.. hahaha!

hippo...i oni bathe bb on nanny's off day, ie, sat/sun/public holiday or nanny 'on leave'.. thought i hv an elder one, still find diffcult to handle bb @ bath.. hehe...

Hi mummies..

MIA... for so so long! being a SAHM not easy. So busy all day long.

Anyone experience having difficulty feeding their bb??? My son everytime drink milk turn his head to the left and right, keep bitting the tip of the teats. Now drinking less and less milk. If i dun feed him every 3 hrs, he can simply forget abt drinking milk. Dunno is it teething, saliva also keep drooping!

Pls advise. tks

hi mummies,

so sian, first day of work today
sad.gif
miss Sean so much..cant greet him good morning
sad.gif

sigh..anyway, i pump out in the office's handicap toilet every 4hrly...which is quite clean cos only 1-2 pp uses it..but Medela is so noisy lo, have to turn on the tap a little to cover the sound of the pump...

asking mummies who pump in office...how do u wash ur funnels after 1st pump? just normal water n baby equipment soap?

sean didnt really sleep the whole day today...guess he miss his mummy breast..then when i came home, i latched him on and after a while, he dozed off liao...poor baby
sad.gif

Annie,

Sama sama here 2wks ago, esp when it reaches the last 30ml. So I dropped his feed from the usual 150ml to 120. Don't worry, so long as your bb is growing, their diet stablizes as they grow older (with occasional growth spurt). Now you can try stretching his feeding time to 4hrs.

I thought he's getting sick of drinking Nans, so tried to slowly introduce Friso by mixing 4:1. But realize he develops phlegm and short cough which causes more drinking problem. Worst his poo has alot of undigested FM lumps. Now back to Nans and he's ok again.

Don't think is teething, too early. Drooling profusely b'cos they can't hold back their saliva yet.

Garden_dreamz,
talking abt running out of ideas to entertain my 'xiao gua gua'. I had a walker from Kiddy palace as gift. I damn anti-walker but thought of unpacking it since bb likes standing on his feet. So went and try bb on the displayed walker during weekend. He seems to enjoy it and laugh very loud. Haha, it's the 1st time we hear him lol cos usually he just smiles. We also laughed, so so funny.

True enough, Isaac still loses interest after sitting on the walker for awhile.

Tml plan to stroller him to AMK hub for walk walk. And this is the 1st time I bring him out alone with stroller and out of Toa Payoh, my hmebase. Pray for me okie. Keke....

hi mummies,

so late log on...cos like unice, me first day of work too!

so sianzzzz, lotsa stuff on my table, lotsa email to read and ppl booking my time left right centre to update me on the projects. sigh.

and i miss my bb karine! lucky brought albums of her pics to look at. hee.

unice - my office nursing room got hot water, so what i do is after pumping, i wash with the pigeon detergent using the tap water then soak my pump parts in this tupperware that i brought with the hot water. i was planning to use the sterilising tablets also lah. you still managed to pump 4hrly? What's ur pumping schedule like? unlike you, i only managed to pump twice, 11 and 4. I'm still trying to figure out the best timing for the pumping. i dread next week, cos my team having meetings on some days that are scheduled from 830 to 1pm! wah lao, how to tahan so long!!

fitty and annie - my gal also!! she'S been drinking lesser leh, dunno why, and still can last 3 hours! mine on ebm some more... i thot shd be undergoing growth spurts soon right?! strange...

garden_dreamz, heehee...think of it as survival training i guess...if bb can learn to adapt now, in future when u get a car it's even easier! who's knows mebbe he will like it... :p

re: pumping in office
i reported back to school for 2 full days of meetings from 8.30am to 5pm during the hols, and what i did was i pumped once at home (about 7am) just before leaving the house, another time at lunchtime abt 12 noon, another time at 4plus. but on the second day i had no time after lunch to pump at all. so tahan the engorgement. very embarrassing coz we had dinner at parkway after that and i was leaking through my nursing top, one big dark patch on my right boobie...!!!! had to buy a new top to change into...wahhh that was horrible. AND painful, literally. next time i n gonna be disciplined about expressing milk within 5-6 hrs, even if i have to excuse myself loh.

Velvet, yah was also thinking about using the same method as u to sterilise the pump equipment...might just buy another set of the breastshields valves n membranes to put at office so only need to bring the motor n bottles...

Unice, im also using Medela. darn noisy huh!! luckily my school has an empty D&T staff room which has become the unofficial 'milking room' liao. everytime we approach the lab tech to get the keys to that room he knows why. hurhurhur. pretty nice, got music n aircon somemore!

karrie,
u made me laugh so loud at ur 'accident'. Next time must stand by some breast pads, so when engorged, you can have wear it to prevent ur clothes from getting wet. hehehehe

karrie, when are u going back to work har? me going back on 28 jan leh...now trying out all sorts of timing with my maid and bb to reach my mil's place early. i teach in the aft session so not that bad. jsut need to get to mil's place by 8plus so that i can be in school at 9 if necessary. else i will just stay at my mil's place. =D

Velvet,
talking abt growth spurt. Isaac had his last feed yesterday at 9pm and usually wakes up at 0430 for nite feed. But by 2am started to wawawa. Then 5am. Weird!

Re: jab cry
An experience nurse taught me to IMMEDIATELY lift up my bb upright over my shoulder and rock abit once the needle is withdrawn from his thigh. Wah la! It works wonder! At most only hear err when needle pokes in. No cry at all (even with thick needle when he contracted UTI).

Mummies you may want to try.

good morning mummies!!!
happy.gif

dodo,
haha... i still trying hard to curb spending, but its v.diff to 'can c, cannot buy' lor! i also like u, hubby requesting tat i go relearn driving so tat can chaffeur bb in future but i got phobia over driving leh...was involved in a car accident whilst riding in my friend's car in OZ some years back n since then, whenever i drive, i just can't help picturing myself smashing my car. so, gradually didn't wanna drive n now, really cannot drive a car liao!

thinking of trying to pick it up again at a learning school, at least practice in the sch grounds frist...damn scare if i go for private instructor, i end up smashing his car n got to compensate him... no money!!! :D

re: sling
mummies who have successfully used the MIM type of sling (sling with 2 loops to secure it), is it easier/more secure to set up the sling, then slot bb in or hold bb then secure the sling around?

velvet, annie, fifty
my bb also drinking lesser nowadays. like dun seem to feel hungry tat often also, so tat's y got to think of ways to keep him occupied or else he gets bored after waking up n is not in the mood for milk.

fifty
have a gd outing with ur babe today!
happy.gif

i also anti-walker! :D but dunno if i'll succumb to using that when bb's about ready to walk. my house v.tiny, if put him in the walker, he will end up banging all the furniture blue black n best of all, can't travel far despite all the banging!

i also wanna bring my bb go out walk walk around the neighbourhood but my mum advise best to bring bb when sun not so hot, which is early morning n evening. but those times are his milk n bath time, so once he has had his milk n bath, its like almost time for his nap/bedtime. sigh...

so late morning,afternoon no chance to bring him out then got to try to entertain him lor.

dunno about you mummies but my bb seems particular about where he sleeps. when i put him in the cot to sleep, he won't sleep long n once wake up will stare n stare at his mobile, refuse to sleep back. so pissed yesterday, put him to sleep on my bed instead (queen size) n he prompty doze off to sleep soundly! my goodness, he's still a tiny bb n yet wants to sleep on such a large bed by himself?!!

karrie
ur sch so nice, got a room that u can use to pump. when i went back for staff meeting, wanted to use the lounge but realised that it can b accessed by any staff member n an inner room inside the staff lounge has a big window. i didn't dare to pump in the lounge as i was so afraid that someone would come in while i'm pumping away, so embarrassing!!!

in the end had to hide in the staff toilet to pump. luckily its quite clean coz sch hols, not much pple use. so thinking that by the time i go back work, i'll stop BF so i need not lug so many equipment on top of work to go back.

morning mummies
happy.gif

wow..active thread in the night...haha..

hippo...better start soon..they already learning what they like and dun like already...

gardendreamz..so cute lah..call it radio..haha...but sometimes the music quite cute..dun mind letting them cry a little longer...

re feeding....ya...i also noticed that..but its just recently..i thot it was coz she figured her thumb was better than the breast....in the day she still will drink 2-3hr intervals..but at nite...she can dun drink for 4 hrs...even can hear her choot choot her thumb..put on the breast, she clamp her mouth shut....

like last nite..she drank at almost 9pm, lasted till 2am, and the next feed at 6...and not very long feeds too..maybe about 5-10 minutes now per drinking session...dunno if she's getting enuf...but she seems to tahan very long still...strange....dunno why tho...anyone??

haha...karrie...u good lah...how u tong the engorgement pain and feeling?? must bring extra out liaoz..and also extra shirt just in case too...btw...wat type of padding u use? i used to use the tollyjoy disposable ones..but dun like it coz it made me itchy all over the breast...then swap to pigeon ones....like those alot..coz its soft cotton all around...so far never leaked out....saw the advent one..but too big a box...so didnt buy to try...

junnie....if not comfortable holding baby to bathe, there is this bath seat- plastic one..selling in robinsons....im using it..quite good...my gal just lies in it while i wash her all over....its like a little reclining chair with suckers at the bottom to stick to the bathtub....find it quite useful...

fittynut..thanks for the tip...will try it next sat when she goes for her jabs....

garden_dream n dodo,

I oso wanna take up driving. I was learning driving from bbdc some years back, end up, go for one practical lesson only and stopped going for 2 years. Same like garden, I have phobia of driving. However, for bb sake, when I need to start ferrying her to and fro from sch in future, I think I better start picking it up again....but a phobia is still a phobia.. I hope I can overcome it.

garden_dream,

I think why bb can fall asleep on ur bed is becoz ur bed got papa n mama smell. Must have felt very comforted by that smell and dozed off.

bbunny,

I think you wun like the avent one. Its quite small and it isnt as soft as pigeon's one.

re: walker,

I oso very anti walker leh. Infact, I was pretty much anti tv as well! However, during the past week when hubby was away for reservist and I had to look after her 24/7 with no help, I actually use tv as a babysitter while I do my chores. Felt abit guilty that I might be starting an addiction this young, but it really helps mantained my sanity! I placed her in her rocker and there she goes, quiet and attentive, watching the telly.

hi mommies...i got a question....how sensitive are the baby's eardrums?? coz last nite..while trying to feed her, she struggled and fell ear first onto my arm...quite loud landing...dunno if the pressure will cause the eardrum any damage...anyone knows? trying to see if she will respond to bells and sound, but she's ignoring all attempts....

Hi Gingerleaf,
My girl oso love watching the tv. When someones tries to block her view, she will get angry. Hmm.. so young oredi addicted to tv. And she can kip quiet for quite long watching tv leh...

gingerleaf
ya...my driving license is like a white elephant. think even if i go for refresher course will take me dunno how many sessions b4 i can drive, provided i succeed! thinking of going to CDC/SSDC to learn couple of mths time.
happy.gif

wa... daddy n mummy's smell must b damn strong then coz he can really sleep like a pig... but worried if he starts to turn, cannot sleep alr coz its elevated, then how ah? put safety gate also dunno if its safe coz the gate is not fully enclosed one...
sad.gif

hey, i also anti-tv!!! but ya, somehow babies are attracted to it, coz mayb its moving pictures and have sound,so captivates their attention longer.

hmm...
think I'll just hold on till she is 6mths or as long as possible before introducing solids.

TV
I'm anti TV initially as well but not sure since when, my bb just loves TV. It started with feeding in the living room when the TV is alway on. When she is in the hospital the last time, she turns her head to the TV when feeding!! Even the nurse has to give in to her.

Driving
I also want to learn driving. Any recommendation at Hougang/Sengkang area?

Sling,
I have the MIM one.. only manage to put her in once.. and after that really clueless on wat to do liao. I saw a mummy using the sling every evening at the Bus interchange and really admired her how she managed to carry the bb so securely and look so sturdy!!

haha me too and my whole family we are love to watch TV man ....

Sobsob my boy like dun want my breast anymore CRYING ...

My boy is 4mth liao so i have also started to let him or learn him to drink from cup and also spoon feed him some brown rice that can buy off the shelf.

I miss my boy too can only see him like 2-3hrs per day sobsob cos at night reach home only at 7.00pm need to cook and pump milk den dinner all in all already 8pm den abt 9+ he wants to sleep liao aiyo so sad ... den at night my hubby dun want him to sleep on my bed liao cos he is taking up too much space hmm ....

I also find that he will want the maid if he sees her CRYING CRYING SOBSOB

i know how to drive liao ... but am not driving for a while cos of the op be4 delivery to my boy so now also a bit scare too ...

I find walker good lor ... i am going to use it but house too small

Velvet, oh u oso 1st day of work yesterday...sigh...
i latch Sean at 6am, then in office, i pump at 10am and 2pm....then when i reach home, i latch him on at 6pm...
Sean is drinking 180ml now to last him 3hrs...

re thumb sucking: Sean only sucks his thumb/fist for less than 3sec each time, then he will show a disgusted face....he does not have the habit of sucking till choot choot choot lo...wonder why...hmmm...

hi all
happy.gif

re driving..
me too also got phobia.. got my licence donkey years back, but oni tried few times, now lagi worst, hubby car is manual, duno how to handle!! he said will train me again if nt when he's away v troublesome..but i doubt i can handle, once i out of carpark alr kalang-kabuk!! worst ting is duno how to park car esp multi-storey/parallel..hiaz..

bbunny...then how u bathe bb's back? my friend given me a pc of ting to, like use for bb when bathing, but i duno how to use, its net type slanting too, cos once lay bb down, still hv to raise him to wash the back leh.. hmm...

totoro..yalor, really envy those master the sling, tink is v helpful, so now still struggling the rite method.

sharon..u so fast introduce bb to drink fm cup arrr?? how huh, can teach me or not? my gal coming to 5yrs tis oct still drinking fm bottle, if not, she dun 1 to drink milk.. cos she drink once wake up & b4 bedtime, ie, she drink while lying on bed..

sighs...i am the only one who can drive in my family, ie, between my hb and me, i am the only one who knows how to drive. my hb cant drive. sighs. so he has to look after bb in the back seat, while i drive! so i have to be the chauffeur of the house!

hi mummies
happy.gif

tks for ur advise. now my son 4mth dunno shd start him on rice cereal??? he seem to be much more interested in adult's food den milk. everytime when we're having our meal he keep staring and saliva coming out fr his mouth.

gingerleaf, yeah i forgot to bring extra breastpads that day...the milk actually soaked right thru my breastpads and the 2-layer nursing top! i dun even know if i started leaking in school or not, coz i only noticed the dark patch when i reached parkway...wahlau imagine all the male teachers can also see the leakage....so malu!!!

Ben_mum, I'm returning on the 30th Jan...oh you teach primary school huh? good lah, afternoon session then not so rushed in the morning...i gotta wake up at 5.30am to pump milk when i start work...arrrgggghhhh

garden_dreamz, what a pity, u establish supply oredi then stop becoz no place to pump...is it possible for u ask your school to hang a curtain at the window then?

bbunny, yah nowadays i make sure i MUST put an extra top into my diaper bag. I used Medela breast pads at first coz came with my breastpump. not good, so thin and kept dropping off...the pigeon disposable ones are the best i've tried so far. very absorbent and sticks to the bra securely...but after going thru 4 boxes in 2 mths i decided to get the washable ones from Avent as it'll be cheaper in the long run. So far so good. But must make sure bra is tight enough otherwise the pad will keep shifting...

re: driving
I also wanna learn driving! my hubby keep bugging me to learn. i keep procrastinating until i got pregnant hehehe.

re: walker
I saw a flyer from KKH that walkers are dangerous. so we threw away the walker that my hubby's fren gave us...but i also noticed bb likes to stand a lot now! how ah?

re: tv
yah my hubby n i also anti-tv...matty is also very attracted to it, he'll crane his neck to look! then we'll cover his eyes and say "baby cannot watch tv!" hehe. we also told my hubby's parents not to let him watch tv.

sharon, i know how u feel. i practically won't be able to spend time with bb when i start work coz i leave the house when it's still dark before he wakes up. and by the time i reach home around 6plus 7pm, he'll be getting ready for bed. so only have the weekends...sob sob. pray he won't be closer to the maid.

junnie...she's quite firm with her head and can sit up with support so we just lift her under the armpits and wipe the back with the cloth and then take her out..

karrie...wah!! 4 boxes in 2 mths...ya..think the washable one chepaer on long run...for me...not working..so only use when im out...at home..braless... now breast sagging already..so sad
sad.gif
dunno if it would have sagged if i had worn a bra thru out the pregnancy and now...

karrie
my boy too..likes to stand up of ocurse with support...think his legs still can't hold his weight totally. got a walker too form fren still thinking if I should try it out. Not keen cos me also anti walker... read in an article saying walker can slow down the walking progress of baby.

re car seat
I've been putting my boy in car seat since he's a mth old. So far he dun give us any problem... seems like he know we going out n at times even fall asleep in the seat. These days he keeping himself busy by looking out of the car window...

karrie, my P nice. she say new mothers need more time. so she gave me afternoon session. =D sweet of her. true la....not so rush for me.

ben mum, i m in e same situation as u! m e chauffeur around e house.. haiz.. n my hb has been procrastinating for e longest time though he promised to get his licence latest by this year.. but i dun c any action! grr... =P

re: walker,
think i will use a walker.. cos most of us were also put in walkers before ma... n i have lotsa young cousins who were in walkers and it didnt reali hinder their development leh...

unice,
lucky ur Sean dun seem to suck his thumb/fist much... my boy ah, v.terok, prefer his thumb more than milk. sometimes when i feed him milk, he v.sneaky, he will pretend to hold his bottle, near where the teat is then whinge his chubby thumb inside to suck it!!! can faint! have to quickly pull his thumb away. :D

then when he doesn't have his pacifier, anything that's near his mouth he will suck- his bolster, pillow, fist,etc. v.automatic n fast. sigh!

junnie,
re: driving
i also... once sit in driver seat i blur alr, dun say about parking... v.jialart! :D

karrie
i'm on NPL these few months, so will still continue until 1 mth b4 i go back work, i think. i'm just thankful that i can still can continue milk supply till now, so with each passing day, its a bonus lor.
happy.gif

if i were to continue BF, i'll also have to wake up at 5am to pump (take abt 30-45min to empty breasts in the morning), then leave house by 6plus, to reach sch 7am, too rush alr. plus, if own car by then and i'm to be the chaffeur, i need to wake up even earlier to bring bb n maid to MIL's place. damn terok! thus really admire Ben Mum, who's in the afternoon session.
happy.gif

same here... think once i start work, will hardly b able to c my boy alr. wake up in the morning, he still sleeping, by the time come back in evening, he getting ready for bed alr, how to interact with him?
sad.gif
so i'm gonna treasure as much as possible the time when i'm on NPL n indulge in as much of his chuckles/smiles as i can.

Back