(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

Loh,
Hehe "woo woo woo" Ivan's so cute. So u intend to let the nanny take care of Ivan till wat age? not considering childcare when he's 18mths? My gal also will "fly over" to the nanny :p
For me, I feel its ok for my gal to bond with the nanny, then its easier for the nanny to take care of her. Afterall she is main caregiver.

Loh,
Won't la, probably Ivan will call the nanny "gan-ma" (godmum) hehe
Ya, Meg is the naughty one. Like yesterday, I was making her milk, then sitted her in front of me on the kitchen cabinet while i do the mixing, etc, she kept touching this and that, despite i said no no no a lot of time, in the end I smacked the hand. She never cried, just turned silent, and the gpa came to her rescue, she immediately turned to him and "hide"..

Loh,Glee,
How to find a good nanny? so the daily food will also be cooked by nanny, i supposed...

rc_cola,
i interviewed 3 before deciding. Actuali its still about luck.. But a local nanny is still more responsible and experienced than a foreign maid.. at least she is more aware of the local law and consequences..
Ya daily food is prepared by the nanny. In fact, i learnt alot on taking care of baby from her. Some traditional tips can reali work..

rc_cola,
But wat i dun like abt the nanny is that she let my gal watch tv all the time..
thats why i wanna send her to the childcare when she is 18mths..
A maid is to help with housework and cooking.. Its getting tedious now, and i'm exhausted, really looking forward to next jan/feb..

cola, Glee,
Ya, I agree with Glee, it's depend on luck. I notice nowsaday more n more SAHM interested 2 work as nanny, on the other hand, can look after their children.
For me, I prefer 1 to 1, 50+ auntie, more experience.
For me, consider lucky 2 find a nanny in cck crescent, cos my area v v few nanny available, most of them got kids at home.
Recently, my nanny due 2 health problem, temporary cant look after my girl, no choice I got 2 engaged part time babysitter 2 come my hse help my mum. I can't bring her 2 other nany, cos those nanny told me difficult cos her age can recognise ppl. Hope she recover fast.

Glee,
Oh, charlize also fly over! the baby see the nanny more than us, and make them bond with the nannies so easily. So we can sure the nanny didn't torture that baby liao...heheh
Me also dunno ler, if got no. 2, will ask her to help take care also lor. Will just let Ivan continue to be there till nursery? But nursery also not full day, so half day at school, half day at nanny place gua. Haven think so far yet...keke. I feel very bad if let kid starts to go childcare at young age, very ke lian ler. At least nanny there like a family to him, feel more secure.

cola,
Ya, the nanny asking permission for 'gan- er zi' liao. She has no son. Me pretend didn't hear anything..hehe.
Her sister even packed dinner and go to her house ther eto eat when she heard Ivan is there at night!!!

Hahah, gpa rescue her and she will think mummy bad bad liao.

Ya, nanny will cook porridge and prepare solid food for ivan. I hav to provide diapers, fm and wet wipe.

sarah,
oh, u stay at cck too! Next time can meet up liao. But more difficult for u coz u got 2 kids to look after! CCK crescent got NTUC childcare right?

Good Morning Mommies!

I see some new names...Welcome!!! hehe!! I havent been logging on much these past 3 weeks...very difficult cos Mathias doesnt like me to sit in front of the computer anymore..I just sit down for 1 sec..he comes crawling to switch off the computer (cos the CPU is on ground level.

RE: Smacking our kids
I will warn Mathias a few times then beat his hand or mouth (depending on what he did wrong) as a final straw..Initially I didnt beat him at all but I realise everything seems to be funny to him..to tell u all the truth..sometimes when I beat him he will stare at me for a while then start laughing and clapping his hands *faint*

RE: Bday cake
I realised that theres a neighbourhood bakery that has fresh cream cake that tastes quite nice..moist and light...tried it at a birthday party..thinking of maybe getting Mathias' cake from there cos they allow custom made cakes so I just gotta bring my idea to them and they will do it..it only costs $20 p/kg! super cheap..is it cheap? intitial plan was secret recipe so this seems cheap to me..Hmm...still considering...

RE: Child Care/Nanny
My P/T scheme at work will end next March..thats when I will start having headache about how to care for Mathias again..I thk I may have no choice but to put him in childcare by then..Cos I cant bear to put him with a nanny cos I wouldnt know how they treat him..actually school I also scared but at least in school he gets to learn things and there are more ppl around to see what the teacher is doing..maybe Im talking nonsense here..haha!! Difficult to find a good trust-worthy nanny lah...

an_gal,
I started him cos I am running out of Follow-on and I dun intend to get another can...

after taking GainIQ, Doren poos everyday and his stools are softer which I think is good!

ya man, our boys are going to be 1 year old real soon! we going to The Line at Shangrila for a buffet lunch tomorrow! yummy!

chomecc,
as you can see from my previous post, i draw a picture to illustrate how I want to the cake to look like, to avoid miscomm and confusion. but then still, they add the figurines for me though i have been very clear with my request!
you just tell them you want the 3D icing sugar letters.

i ordered Lychee martini and Orange Zest Chocolate. i prefer orange zest!

bliss,

I actually read some threads from this forum and it seems the PG gets alot of orders wrong..I see I also scared...tried the cakes at Muddypie's place last week and the only one I really liked was the blackforest..hehe..oh and the triple chocolate..

Then Loh and Glee are very lucky indeed.

I share the same thought with Mel, so difficult to trust strangers to take care of our babies. They are super precious ler.. How if the stranger did do sth bad to baby if they are cranky or sth like that... i guess it is important to sometimes just let go or else maybe just consider a relative or someone you can trust to take care.
Worse come to worse, be a sahm..

Mel, I think by then you might want to sent Matthias for morning Playgroup and half day at your nanny's place??

Glee, cola, Mel,
I did spot check at nanny there. Many many times liao, never hear my boi cry. hahah.

Mel,
I dun mind cheap and nice cake!

Glee,
so u got buy a slice of cake to eat yesterday?

Bliss,
envy envy...buffet, so long didn't go liao, yum yum.

Rc,
Problem is, I dont have a nanny. Currently when im at work for 2 1/2days, My parents are the ones taking care of him but they cant take care of him full time cos they have their own things to do..so they wont be able to care for him 5 afternoons a week...so thats where my headache will begin..

Loh,
the name of the shop is Cocco but I dont know where are the other branches..my friend bought her's from Boon Keng MRT...

Loh,
U staying cck too? U mean some mommies here meet up in cck? I don't trust childcare, cos I've seen a few teachers shouting at kids & let the kids cry until they stop themselves, so... terrible. Somemore my girl only coming 11 mth, my son too naughty, I scared the teachers there donno how they punish him. After thinking & thinking, I better engage part timer 2 come my hse at least my mum is in, anyway, is temporary.

Cola,
At 1st I also scared my nanny is she patient & caring, but I got no choice, but 2 try cos my mum looking after my son, cant cope with 2. So I just let go. 1st few days I went 2 nanny hse 2 times 2 see whether my nanny problem with my girl. Slowly I trusted her cos my girl growing fatter n fatter with her care.

Re: babies "flying over"
yah man! bb prefers the primary caregiver to anyone else. cause for me the pri careguver is my mum and he will always fly over to ah ma. sometimes i feel so sad... =P
but at least i know he brings joy to my parents lor... =)

Mel,
IC.

sarahng,
Yup, CCK mummies just met last sat morning at lot1...hehe. Jio u next time. So u closing shop or want no 3 , 4, 5, 6? whaha

Loh,
haha my hb spot-checks too. very funny leh, cos the nanny stays at the 3rd storey, so my hb will try to hear any cries from downstairs.. then one day the nanny was standing at kitchen window when she saw my hb "spot checking"! He was so pai seh.. hehe
I didnt have the cake yesterday, had an last min appt so gotta go out..

Glee,
hahaha...really paisheh ler!
My nanny house is at the corner, i stand at the stair case there to listen any crying sound. 5min passed then hear nothing only some toys dropping sounds onto the floor. Then i called the nanny wat is my boi doing? She said eating porridge....hehehe

Loh,
Aiyo, close shop liao. My son so naughty, now my girl know how 2 fight with my son 4 toys, sometimes whole hse full of screaming, yo..... hear liao also fed up. Wait 4 u 2 jio, I can only bring 1.

morning, all,

long time didnt post here, busy spreeing.hehe.

talking about spanking, I never spank my gal, she's like lin2 dai4 yu4 that type, even when u talk to her nicely " pls dont do this", she will cry and the tears non stop until u say ok my mistake u continue. and my parents will be very heartpain when saw she like that, so I dare not scold her at all, dont mention spanking.

goodmorning mummies!

chomecc, your hubby has lots of time, yah? to separate kids and baby goodie bags. but his is good idea as well. re : kedtric not talking much, maybe he is the quite type...does it run in your family?

mel, yr neighbourhood bakery cake cheap. but can they customize and still same price? where is it near?

happy bday, Jete!

Hi morning to all

Brought my son to the PD this morning and cost $160. She gave medicine and vitamins and i asked her whether 1 year old is still good breastmilk, she say its solely for antibodies and want to wean off also can...so am thinking hard on this question now...

My MIL is the main caregiver besides me and my huby during the night time. This morning while waiting for PD, we went macdonalds and then realised that my son is rather attached to my MIL cos whenever she walk away ( to wash his hankie, etc...), his head will turn and she will look a little sad, its like how he will react every morning when i drop him off. so i think its good that he can bond with her also...since like what glee said, main caregiver must have good bonding..

PD said its viral infection..and suggest to give cod liver oil when he turn 1 year old too..so will be buying from vitakids or join sprees liao cos per bottle think about $50...

My PD said my boy look very cute and my MIL said, cute, super buay si tiam ar

rc_cola, i have sms to you. sorry for late response as was with PD and being so hyperactive, he kept playing with my phone and funny thing was, he called my boss at 7.10am...so i had to sms her to tell her its a wrong call..oops

re- primary care of baby..

Ike has been with his nanny cum my maid since I went back to work that was Nov 06 till now.. IMHO u need to find good one then learn to trust. If not then just be the sole caregiver cos we all knows only mothers can give the best to their children, the rest we just have to trade, cos life is all about trading. You give some you loose some. Currently I need to keep working to ensure Ike's future is safe, cos we both are matured parents, so only got so many years left to be productive.. Maid or local nanny or whoever, these are all human, got bad apples and good apples. And as all human, the bad apples even when the quantity is much lesser than the good apples, they are more significant.. My family and hubby's family are not in Spore, and in my first few months of pregnancy I looked for local nanny.. Guess what, I can't find the one I can feel safe leaving him with.. After my friend asked me whether I'd like taking her maid from her since she was relocating to Beijing due to hubby's work, then I considered the maid and it was a blessing.. I saw my son is taken to my maid ie. he happily plays with her when I was down with fever for few days and hubby was travelling for work. In other hand I also know my friend who use nanny, the nanny can be so unreliable, cos they also have own family or business to take care of. I take the cue from my son himself. If he shows unhappiness with a person, I will not let him cared by the person.

I agree also with GoldPiggy and rest of mommies, maybe I will also spank Ike.. but horr.. Ike also same as Matthias, i.e. giggle or smile when I punished him.. susah laah hahaha.. I don't think they understand being reprimanded yet..

Nining - mine hor, when i punish by hitting his hand or mouth ( cos he actually drink from straw and spit out immediately which i think is so wrong ), he will give me the innocent look and then he do it again and again, i spank and he will be good for a while but then a while later, start all over again with the same mischief...

jesel,
yah.,my friend said that u can just bring them your design and they are quite nice and will try their best to give u what u ask for..So Im thinking of getting them to do a 2 tier square cake for me..I have yet to go down to give them my ideas yest but they seem quite open to ideas given..so...most likely ordering from them..I tried calling to make enquiries but over the phone the aunty quite fierce..haha!! Speak chinese one..then I describe what I want to her with my half baked mandarin she also cant tahan me..but when my friend went to enquire for me (cos she lives nearby) the lady was very accomodating.. maybe u can try calling them..here's the no.62996636. Its actually located at Boon Keng MRT...

Loh,
I am also jealous when Ike smiles all the time to my maid kekekeke.. how to win back - go on 1 week holiday with him, and just play with him.. he will know that mommy and daddy are his, and he doesnt need anyone else (but mommy and daddy need the nanny kekekeke)

GoldPiggy,
Ike does that too sometimes, gives me the "I am innocent" look.. then after that mess about again!

halo everybody,

i m also staying in cck. if there is any gathering in cck, kindly count me in. thanks.

i have a bb son coming to 1 yr old in aug. cheers

nining,
Me very heng to get a good nanny, refered by my ex-house owner. But also very jealous when i told ivan, lets go home liao, he will cling to the nanny and turn his face to other side not to look at me...me so embarrassing!

Sometimes he pretend to open his arm big like want me to carry him, when i want to take him over fr nanny arms, he goes to hide at the nanny there, keep playing like tt a few times to play fool on me...haizzzz

goldpiggy, its better that our bb attached to parents or pil, at least relative right? imagine if they get attached to maids or nanny, i think its painful to see =(

mel, ill note the number, thanks..actually, im suppose to order from kellie, but still under nego cause she said she dont do 3D. so lets see how.

Loh,
Luckily, Charlize still wanna go with me when i pick her up in the evenings.

hi Chino,
Will count you in. Which part of cck are u at?

Loh,

U so poor thing..Ivan really so attached to nanny.. When I send Mathias to My parents place on the days I work..he also very ahppily go into the arms of Grandma/Grandpa and dont even want to bother saying bye bye to me
sad.gif
But when I come to pick him up after work, he'll be very happy to see me and willingly go home with me so not so bad lah...but if let him choose between me and my dad..my dad usually win..

Loh,

u still BF?I think BF at night do play a part for bonding with bb, my gal day time very cling to my mum but when I back home at evening she doesn't want anyone else, only want me, and weekends also, if I hold her anyone else want her she will reject. my mum always complain she mei2 liang2 xin1, got mum dont want grandma liao.haha.

oh, my boy will want to go with me when i pick him to go home. then my MIL is embarassed cos she keep trying to see whether she wants her or me..hee, luckily I won..haha

Jete’s birthday today?? Happie birthday and stay healthy and happie!!\

Cola,
Yea he has his ears checked but he has been keeping quiet and he has not been like talking much so it got me really worried now..duno if I am being paranoid or wat. Do you have any PD to recommend?

Loh,
Think it is unavoidable coz they spent most of their time at the caregiver house.. like kedric is attached to my mil which I cannot help feeling jealous at times also. But I think when they are older and if you engage them in more activities, they will know that their mummy and daddy love them the most and this love is unconditional..but the lucky part is you got a good nanny which you can entrust your baby to!

Zhuzhu,
Yea I like… kedric expressionless de.hehhe..
Ohh MMR.. when should we bring them to take? My GP never say anything about MMR.. only chickenpox and hep A.

Bliss,
Ahh.. okie I will tell them the 3D letterings.. I am getting some mickey mouse fig as cake toppers.. hope it wun be sesame street.. hehhe

Xman,
Long time no see.. me also busy busy spreeing .. hahaha… me too .. ohh I cannot imagine spanking rouxi too..

Jessel,
Yea.. I always say he Type A…

No leh.. I am super talkative.. I will go and investigate my hubby and see if its his genes then.. hahhahha

Goldpiggy,
I hope your son will get well really soon.. ahh speaking of breastmilk.. when do you intend to stop? I need advice on how to stop as Kedric is sooo used to latching at night and when I tried giving him the bottle.. he will cry and wake up.. sigh.. any idea on how to wean him off anyone? Daytime is not a problem coz he is not fussy with the bottle.. only at night.. sigh…

Loh,
I try to see from bright side, if Ike attached to my maid, at least she is good to him.. and as long as when we're with him he's not looking for the maid, I am fine with that hehehe..When we were in the US for 2 weeks, Ike never missed the maid, but when hubby travels I can see he misses his Dad cos he becomes more attached to things usually he plays with his Dad.. better than having leaving him with a person stranger to him, and him missing us the whole day, it will scar his youth..

chomecc,

ya, long time no see, our bb will be 1 years old in 3 weeks time, do u plan to send kedric to the trio class again?last time trio center said they will call me again when ruoxi turn to 1 years old, but I still hesitate if shall register her or not.

xman,

yea so long no see.. I have not decided and they also say they will call me when kedric turns one as well. dunno if he will understand leh

chino,
Welcome, come here chat more...heheh. Let u know if ther is any outing

xman,
No more bf liao....i missed bf time!

Glee, nining, Mel, chomecc,
My boi likes to play fool, sometimes he played wif the nanny and herr family also. He just tried to 'sua' us. hahhaa. When at home, he wants me all the time, even my hb can't calm him if he realised i am not around or went into toilet. Heart broke when he reacts bad in front of outsider when i call him go home...

chomecc,

I feel the class is mainly to educate parents, then we can do it at home, but not for kids since they are still so young and can't concentrate 100% in the 1 hour class. but we weekday back home after shower and dinner already quite late, very lazy to prepare the materials and practise what we learn from class leh.

hope gov can give working dad tax rebate and also implement the flexible working hours.

chomecc: MMR is compulosry.

My mum helps me take care of Tricia. when i go fetch her after work. She's very excited to see me.
When go home time, she is even happier. But in the mrg when hb brings Tricia to my mum's place. It's the opp. She will bochap hb n smile to my mum..

Loh,

I see, then just play more will yr boy sure will help. recently I catch the chanal8 9pm drama and only play with my gal at advertisement time, leave she to play with my parents, bad mummy. will stop watch tv once this drama finished, already start hard to stop leh.keke.

hi glee,

i m staying the cck central.

is there any sahm here?

i m in dilema...hhmm....thinking to b a sahm..but at the same time can't bear to give up my income...haha..

Back