(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

nining
glad to hear ike is doing better. nothing like giving them their fav food to get them eating! jon and kate is the couple with 8 kids, twins then when they tried for 1 more, got 6.
http://tinyurl.com/ona5l7

mel
i didn't notice this season they were fighting leh. not until i read the news then i went back to watch one or two episode then i see it. before that feel like that's the way they are. how about fri ard 2pm? i'll sms you tom.

an_gal
we are all on FB and not addicted what. if you sign up and get addicted, we delete your account for you, ok? ;)

ivy
join us on friday? you busy with your parents moving but can come play for 2-3 hours lah. :D

jessel
my BIL hired them for his wedding on 1st june, but i haven't seen the photos yet.

choco
where is your office? i come and visit you, got free ice cream.
happy.gif

Cola: tks for refreshing my memory!

Choco: good time always pass by fast, that's why u forgot you just holidayed early this yr!
happy.gif

talk abt ice cream, my colleague recommended this to my yesterday www.udders.com.sg . Will try out this weekend!

I going zoo this sun, anyone plan to go too?

Ask u gals,
Can sis-in-law become godparent? MIL was asking last night. Not really asking, more to like giving instruction.

Jete,
ok will check..

TIny,
zoo better on saturday, sunday is too crowded even when u get there at 10.30am!! If u wanna get to rent the buggy, got to be very early, if not out of stock oredi.. Birdpark is better, stock a lot and not many visitor, for the buggy avail wise..

jete - the jon and kate show is showing at which channels? Never heard about them before. But having 8 kids is wow...and all of them act in the same show or are they all real family>? I think they are real family right? To what I read..

2nd BIRTHDAY BASH FOR AUGUST 2007 KIDDOS:
Time: tentatively 9th or 10th Aug - 2pm?
Venue: Summerdale Multi Function Room, Boon Lay Dr
Cost: TBA (cake & high tea buffet)
1. Nining (2)+ 1
2. Jete (2)+ 1
3. Xman -- tentative - EDD?
4. Mel -- tentative - EDD?
5. Loh - tentative - EDD?
6. COla (2) + 1

pls copy paste above yaaaa...

Nining,

my EDD is 27th July, sure can't make it at 9th or 10th aug unless i give birth early july. but so far looks it's not possible.

Nining,
My edd is 27th Aug, Gynae's version is 30th Aug.

Cost: TBA (cake & high tea buffet)
1. Nining (2)+ 1
2. Jete (2)+ 1
3. Xman -- tentative - EDD?
4. Mel -- tentative - EDD?
5. Loh - tentative - EDD (27th Aug)
6. COla (2) + 1

loh

i feel its ok.
my mum is my cousin(her elder sister dd)godma.
she used to baby sit her when she is young

does ur sis-in law have kids?
my hb younger bro, is godson to her 'tua gu and tua kim '(mother's big brother and wife).
cos they want to have a son, so old folks say if have a godchild of that gender, u will have that gender kid.
and dun know is conicident or wat, they really have a son soon after that.

choco,
My SIL has no kid, thus my MIL was 'requesting' during dinner last night so that it could bring luck to them. But my SIL doesn't believe that, she and the hb are 'angmoh' thinking.
At first, my MIL asked me is the nanny become the godparent liao? I said not officially. Then she said: then give it (Ivan) to her daughter as godson first. I just look at her and keep quiet.

an_gal

transformer ROCKS, SUPERP, AWESOME, FANASTIC, WONDERFUL, all the nice words can be used on it.

no regrest after watching it. infact i dun mind watching it AGAIN

loh

i guess so lor, if not normally old folks will not make this kind of request one.

i think ulitmately still depends on ur sis in law.
cos its not just mouth say then counted one lei. also must action one.
like new yr must buy clothes, birthday, christmas, will not be the same anymore.

then u also need to make an effort to make ur child call them 'godma, godpa'.
then new yr, u also need to bring him to their place cos ur child is consider 'younger', so he must go to visit them.

Loh,
Ike was 3.85Kg , 51cm at birth, the USG only detected him as 3.2Kg so my gynae said usually the birth is bigger than USG size that is why need induced..

IMHO, to be godparents, the person needs to be wanting it.. cos its a responsibility when the parents (knock wood) cannot take care for long term, she/he/they must be able to take care or find a better solution.. so if the SIL dont wanna commit, better dont make them leee.. find someone who is willing.. Ike's godmother and future guardian is my sis , 2nd option is my best friend who used to be my flatmate for 7 years, she is also like a sister to us (me and my sis); my sis also appoint me and her as her children's god mothers..

choco,
YupYup, my hb also asking me, does Ivan need to take up the 'burden' to take care of the nanny's family when he grown up. I think it might not fair to Ivan as living cost in Singapore is so high and he got to jaga so many families??

Nining,
Actually SIL and bro-in-law like Ivan alot, may be due to they have been trying for kid for so many years. SIL feels that nephew is more than enough, as she can still sayang him no matter what relationship is involved.

nining,
Ivan was induced too. Detected 3.4kg, Gynae said 10 error. Luckily he came out was 3.1 and not 3.7kg.
Ike was big!

loh
got med for BHs? didn't know that.

my scan way off. one week before P born, scan is 3.1kg, est birth wt 3.4kg, came out 2.8kg.

#2 scan est 3.4kg, came out 3.95kg!!!

an_gal
dr wong was so surprise P came out so small, then was shock L came out so big! LOL

Loh,
ya not fair on Ivan in the future if gotta jaga so many ppl.. And if they already feel they sayang Ivan, knock wood anything happen to Ivan's parents I am sure they will also help him out..

Ike was heavy in bone, he was born skinny..

Nining, we drive a weekend car, not worth to pay $20 parking coupon to go zoo(IMO), though we got free pass to go. hee hee...cheapo hor. Just going to bang on a few attractions/shows and then aim for the water play!

TIny,
hahaah in that case ya.. We also drive weekend car, but on sat we tear 1 coupon always cos Ike got swim class on sat morning at TTS and its easier to use the coupon than getting cab to/fro TTS..

an_gal, choco, maybe we'll not bring steve to movie also, maybe wait till his next bday...then if there are any cartoon movie then will try.

jete, thanks...i think wedding will be different than family photoshoot.

Nining, Tiny,
My col just sold her car today as found out can save up to 2k per month. She feel so released now.

Nining,
Ya, am sure Ivan will have no problem to get a guardian! heheh

Jete,
L was natural born?
I think out heights are similar, i can't imagine to push a 4kg bb out....
Ya, I heard got 1 medicine can help BH, make the stomach not that tightened

Loh,
we also never feel the need to have a car cos co bus pick me up in front of summerdale every morning, drop me back from work; and hubby work from home.. We bought a second weekend car in march cos we found it was cheap for the age and mileage it had, paid cash less than $17K (I have good nagging skills at the seller) and now only spent like $70 / month on fuel plus $200 on OPC coupons cos of my course plus $50/month for the cash card (parking and incidental ERP), in Sept when no more course, then only $80 for OPC coupons on saturdays. We bought parking coupons $30 worth since march till now havent finished kekekek.. In total we calculate these cost much lesser than we take cabs on sat/sun (we use to spend like $150 in a weekend for cab rides cos the way we go out)..
IMHO in SIN, you can either buy fuel savings car but paying more to car manufacturer / dealer; or buy fuel guzzler (like mine) and pay less to the car manufacturer hahahaah.. either end you pay.. But since we only drive in weekend, we choose the 2nd i.e. fuel guzzler, cheaper brand but bigger car..

Loh
nope, both P and L are c sec. my dr said lucky never try vbac, i will be pushing forever if P is 2.8kg and i can't get her out! 3.95kg will prob be impossible. :p

Jete,

Wow...didn't know that yr L is so big..!! Even bigger thn Chloe when she was born at 3.74kg, but she came out pretty fast since I hv my boy by natural, so #2 sure faster...

<font color="ff0000">2nd BIRTHDAY BASH FOR AUGUST 2007 KIDDOS: </font>

Cost: TBA (cake &amp; high tea buffet)

1. Nining (2)+ 1
2. Jete (2)+ 1 (prefer 9th but ok both day)
3. Xman -- tentative - edd 27th jul
4. Mel -- tentative - edd sept?
5. Loh - tentative - edd 27 aug
6. COla (2) + 1

pls copy paste above yaaaa...

===========

maybe noon cos 2/3pm some kiddos naptime? should be able to attend either day but i prefer 9th. some how when next day is a work day, more sianz lor. ;)

adeline
yup, she's big!
happy.gif
now still big. i find it hard to believe how big she is now since it took P so long to get to this size. my mom is right, soon P will wear L's hand me down.

jete,
haha can imagine dr wong shocking face.. L was really big ! i guess dr wong business still as gd rite.. gona go back to her in aug for my pap smear..

Time: tentatively 9th Aug lunch time 11.30-2.30pm?
Cost: TBA (cake &amp; high tea buffet)

1. Nining (2)+ 1
2. Jete (2)+ 1 (prefer 9th but ok both day)
3. Mel -- tentative -
4. Loh - tentative - edd 27 aug edd sept?
5. COla (2) + 1

Hello Mummies!
happy.gif

This week I started work already! After 13 weeks full-time SAHM...
now trying to adjust back to working life
happy.gif

Doren will be 2 years old in less than a month and Darius just hit 3 months.
Kinda worried about Darius's weight cos he is already 9kg now!

2613604.jpg

2613605.jpg

bliss,
i cant seem to see Darius neck ! he's really very very chubby leh... Doren like slim down alot hor.. ur're still so radiant n pretty *envy envy*..

btw mommies.. if wanna have proper bday deco, pls volunteer to help me yaaa.. cos hubby said he may be travelling..

Jete,
haha, u r funny. Dunno how P feel whe she wear mei mei hand down clothing

Nining,
Ya, we were thinking to get a OPC too in March, Hundai Avante is only 23K! But the plan was postpone coz we want to make sure #2 born healthy and no other surprise costs. But now COE keep rising, hmm....take taxi is cheaper and think we dun have much chance to hang out coz lugging 2 kids around is a headache!

Bliss,
Darius is so chubby!!!

Re gathering,
May be each family bring 1 toy?

oh ya I just check online fidgets, they also do birthday party.. $575 for 15 kids in weekend, including play..but then no food for parents, only party food for kids.. dunno if they will allow us bringing own caterer..

Loh,
ya COE now ex, so the 17K offset for OPC, will offset the expensive COE first before offsetting the car itself.
U can consider boy 2nd hand car with low mileage and year, still under warranty.. once u get the car out of the showroom the price is drop already so if u can find 2nd one that is good and well priced, it will be more economical..

tiny voice,
both my PILs are taking care of my boys
but I know it is not easy... feel very grateful to have them

an_gal,
ya Doren is slimmer but he is still the fleshy kind. his weight is now 13kg. what about Melcolm?

going to throw another party for his 2nd birthday?
are you sending Melcolm to N1 next year?

choco,
Darius's hair is so fluffy and all stands up, like Einstein!
I am going to shave him at 4th month
happy.gif

actually, wonder if PD will advise Darius to go on diet if she sees him.
anyone knows if obese baby needs to cut down on milk?

bliss,
Melcolm not very heavy lah.. he's 11+ 12kg now.. i'm still looking for sch for Melcolm, either start him next yr Jan or Jul lol.. not confirm yet.. wat abt Darius? so fast they 2yo soon.. planning his 2yo party nw hehe

Back