(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

SD,
i just re-sent
happy.gif

smalldreams,
i din scan e nutrients .. only thing i realised is the portion increase fm 180ml to 220ml. So i guess lower px, but portion more, in terms of cost saving there wun be any. Anyway, for me i am ok wif either .. if he chose back his 'green' milk, i will buy back. We oso giving him fresh milk .. its all his choice. Cold milk = fresh milk, hot milk = fm
happy.gif

CD
Same
cold milk = fresh milk. normally he favor this more. hahhaa

SD/Smalldreams
what super mom? haha....i only try to teach them as much as i could. we r all mommies who wants the best for our kids.
happy.gif

Sanrio
Still neber receive the invite..hmmm...can gimme your email addy so that I can drop you a message and you reply to me from there instead?

Since so quiet..let me post some miscellaneous:
1. Now that our kiddos are on 5day school, anyone still putting your boy/gal for enrichment classes on weekends? What type of classes?

2. Any plans for 3rd birthday celebration?

3. Updates about my boy...just brot him for speech review yesterday after 2 mths break from therapies..has shown improvement and more willing to imitate.. but talking is not spontaneous..therapist say he seems to not feel the need to talk coz he is able to get what he wants w/o talking...a behavioural problem likely but may still be a possibility having difficulties in motor skills (problem with controlling tougue movements) ... so the strategy now is to try "forcing" him to speak and then see how it goes... Haizz...so we planning to have him go through another round of therapy sessions this year.. since it's a pte thrapist, lotsa $$$$$$ againzzz.

springd
dun worry .. slowly bah. afterall, they r not even 3 yrs old
happy.gif
hv u tried 'role playing' game wif him? like 1 play hawker, other play customer .. will he be more willing to talk when playing?

no plans for 3rd birthday yet .. was tinking now more mobile, maybe can do in those indoor playground/ pools or something. juz a thot, no plan yet:p

Cough:
Briana cough also recovered alreay. Turned out the second blout is due to sensitive nose, like her dad

In toes:
KKH said part of growing up. by age 6 will out grown...lucky.

Milk;
B is drinking enfa, but it is stated from age 1-3 lei...so i think age 3, no need to change bah... i still have half a carton left.
SD: B doesnt seems to be heavier even though she is on enfa...so dont worry that Jonas is missing out on anything...:p

SD:
no not sending to enrichment class just yet...still relaxing a bit. but i feel B and I have become more lazy since no more enrichment class...I always let her play with toys instead of asking her to do enrichment class "homework"

SD
dun worry. Since jonas improving, u should be more relieve. looks like the therapy session works out well.

birthday:
i intend to make it at the playground near my mom's place where there are BBQ pits. Its also near to CD's place. CD:...the big playground there...near to angmo supermarket

enrichment class:
wanted to sign up for the yamaha music lesson. but have been lazy....haben go sign up yet.
only do craft work and some lessons at hm.

cheezel
so r we invited since we r so near ... hehe .. kidding la:p

so far, jboy full mth, 1st, 2nd bday all at the BBQ pit .. not the playground 1 tho', its e one at the carpark roof top .. haha, so convenient
happy.gif

CD
i wanted to book the carpark one..but when i went up quite warm with no breeze...although i like the area as its not so open. but in the end choose the garden one cos the kids can go playgrond to play. U r welcome to join le.....actually i got intention to ask u just afraid u dun wanna come. 3rd yr bday will prob be just a small celebration.....

from my mom's place can see the 4 BBQ pits at the carpark...i saw some even have playarea for the kids....prob thats jboy bday...hehhee.

springdance
i heard of this behaviourial problem from my boy's teacher oso..wne i 1st send him to sch..there was another boy who was a few mths older..oso not toking..the teacher said he doesn't need to tok..cos he just point here n there..he will get wat he want..

maybe u can try wat CD said..role playing..it might be fun for him..
happy.gif

3rd bday: I probably just buy a cake n celebrate it in sch for him...dun wan to waste too much $$

CD
Role playing..tried playing "cooking masak" with him b4...he will pretend to cook, eat and give me the foods I asked for but he doesn't say anything much.. anyway, not long after we got the set, he loses interests in it. Think it takes more "harsher" methods to make him open "golden" mouth.

Janet
Happy for you that B's "toes" are fine!

Regarding milk hor..dunnoe why these two nights Jonas needs to drink 300ml b4 he willing to sleep.. such weird & sudden phases he has!?!?! Solids wise, still a small eater.

CD/ Cheezel/ Zhuzhu
Thanks for the encouragements..will continue to try various "strategies" to help Jonas' speech development and be patient about it.. a little sad to know he's still very "far behind" many same aged kids who can sing already but I'm consoled to see that he has got improvements at least.
happy.gif

cheezel
i see. I chose carpark top coz enclosed, like private function. hehe :p oso dun hv to worry abt 'run away kids' .. haha. jboy's party no play area :p

springdance
dun be sad lar...jonas will catch up with the rest very fast...

Wah just now was so horrified that markus attempted to climb up the toilet bowl to pee.goodness..lucky i catch the sight of it fast enuff..

CD
u have a pt also....kids running away...hmm....

SD
drinking 300ml just b4 sleep? could it be cos he's not full? normally if he is taking enough solid during the day, he should be fine with the normal intake of milk. My colleague's boy who is 4 yrs old has already recently requested for 2 bottles of 280ml of milk b4 sleep. n when i ask if he taking enough during dinner, she do say he takes in not much food....had only half bowl of rice with vege meat n fish. so she try increasing the solid food intake, n he stop requesting for 2 bottles now.

harsher ways to make Jonas speak up>? .... Javen normally dun want to ask in a proper way when he wants something. so now, if he doesnt address the person n ask properly, he wont get what he wants. for eg, just now, he play with his daddy's towel n i ask him to put back. but he couldnt as the towel stand is taller than him. he was fussing away saying "want put back want b\put back"i stop my mil who want to help him. i ask him who he wants to get help from n he say ah ma. so i ask him to ask properly n say äh ma, please help me put back the towel"n he indeed follow what i told him. only then my mil help him out.,,,,prob u can try this out but have to twist abit to guide jonas along.....

SD,
B also has been asking for more milk at bed time. I feel it is growth spurt because she has been sick for a while, and also drinking more milk makes them easier to sleep. so i am ok with that. because after she finishes her milk, in a short while, she will sleep. You know like after our lunch, we get sleepy...hee hee

Mummies,
Any of your kiddo doesnt wear diaper to school now? Although B is toilet trained, but i still get her to wear her diaper to playgroup, because i am afraid the teacher will have no time to bring her to the toilet. But since monday, the teacher has been removing her diaper in school for her, saying wanted to toilet train her. I dont quite like it lei.

Hi mummies
still celebrating new year?

Springdance
Good to know Jonas is making progress. He's really a very adorable boy. I can imagine how cute he is when he's playing and pointing here and there.

Adam discovered a game with his dad yesterday. Stop & Go. Recently he's obsessed with colours of traffic lights and would shout the colours and tell his dad to drive if it's green. So yesterday they just played a game, Stop & Go. I don't know if that helps.

Adam drank Enfa when I first weaned him off BM. But later on, anything on offer, I buy! haha! I have given him Friso, Pediasure, Mamil, Dumex. But now I stick to Friso. He also doesn't like to eat, esp if he's got an ulcer. And I also think he's bony but when I weighed him, he's around 14 to 15 kg.

Cheezel
I Think this yr i cut cost - no party for adam. just simple cake during monthly gatherings for my hubby's family.

smalldream
Javen also abt 15kg plus. dun look chubby....i feel him skinny but he do eat quite a lot.

Janet
Javen has been off diaper since he toilet trained. i didnt let him wear to sch. He didnt like teacher to help him so sometime he cant hold n pee just outside our hse when going back. but recently find that he requested teacher to help me ...cos i keep telling him its not good to hold urine. Why u dun like teacher toilet trained her? its good...since she already can say when she wants to go toilet then might as well let her go diaperless? else will it confuse her?

springD
u knw .. for role playing, u can switch role. LIke if play cook cook hawker, u can be hawker 1st .. ask question like wat u wan, got wat n wat etc etc, chilli no chilli, jonas play customer. Than next time, switch role .. at least he had seen u be hawker, so aga aga knw wat to say .. dan perhaps he will speak up abit more?? I dunno la, i m no expert . .juz speaking fm daily life experience .. i find dat they r quite parrot now .. always like to follow wat we do/ say:p

janet
we oso starting to toilet train jboy but its like a pt effort :p wkends at hm, he is off diaper most times, but sleep or go out, especially to other pple hse, he will wear his pull up. Sch, we oso let him wear pull ups .. no idea if sch takes off tho' .. but i dun tink so coz those pull ups i put inside the bags are used.

Cheezel, CD,
yap..go out and school I also like B wears pull ups...but the teacher always removes the pull ups...I think maybe boys easier...but I dont like the thoughts of B sitting on a not so clean toilet bowl lei...u know more trouble some for girls to go toilet. They cant stand and pee.

hello mummies.

finally i'm on leave! Starting new job in 2 weeks' time. Technically can go for holiday, but in reality cannot...
sad.gif

cheezel,
i think Josh's music class got slot. you wanna join? it's at Jurong East Central. http://www.mycsingapore.com.sg/contact%20Us.htm

but the timing is on Sat morning, 9am or 10am (not fixed yet)

SpringD,
good to hear that Jonas is improving. by the way which therapist are you going to? I heard from a friend whose son also has speech delay that this particular one called Leo Magan is quite good.

Janet,
Josh doesn't wear diaper during the day, only during nap time. does B's playgroup place have their own toilets? should be clean lah.

i'm going to start to train Josh to be off pull-ups also when we go out. cos now weekends when we go out, he's still in his pull-ups...

plus we have started poo poo training also...still not sucessful..our fren will hold his poo until he has a diaper one...haiz.....

smalldreams,
how are you coping?

ahahha Stop & Go...Josh also likes to play that. on top of that, recently he's become the traffic police. When he sees us driving with only one hand on the steering wheel, he'll shout from behind "Papa/Mama!! Two hands! MUST use TWOOO hands!!!" hahahaha damn annoying but then also very farnie....

Bday -- we are scaling down. only do 1 in sch...cos got another fella's birthday to do lor...hehehe

janet
my boy oso never wear diapers when going to sch...but when we go outside..i will let him wear pull ups...

nellu
i oso havent succeeded in poo training..that boy needs his diapers to poo..i let him be...

zhuzhu/ nellu
u knw .. 1st time jboy poo in toilet bowl n created a 'dom' sound, we luff at it .. so he sort of associated it with fun. Now, he usually ask to poo in the toilet
happy.gif

nellu/zhuzhu
i bought the smaller version of the toilet bowl pan from toysrus. nt the plain type but with cushion n bright colours with animals. Have been asking Javen to sit on it since he turn 2. he poo while sitting on it. now he dun need that. he says thats for didi. he;s a big boy. prob can try buying those?

ZhuZhu
I'm fine..no worries. Hopefully with the influence of peers at school and the upcoming therapies, he will show marked improvements soon.

Abt Markus going toilet to pee, you got put a stool in toilet? Then he can stand on it and pee in the bowl instead of attempting to climb up the bowl.

As for pooing, my boy can do in the potty but not toilet bowl yet...think he wants to be nearer to the ground to feel secure doing biz...maybe you can try potty for this part first.

Cheezel/ Smalldreams/ Cool_D
Thanks for the various suggestions to help Jonas..will try them out if possible.

Hey Cheezel, what you mentioned is quite similar to what the therapist told us lei..WOW! To make Jonas say what he wants first before we give it to him..if he dun, then we will keep it away. We tried and he gets angry, cry and throw temper but refusing to speak, stubborn boy!..but the therapist says we just gotta do it till he get the idea across.

Smalldreams / Cheezel
Jonas only 12plus kg ...he should be one of the lightest boy around here...he dun like meat (eat small amounts only) so I guess hard to put on weight.

Janet/ Cheezel
Abt the night milk intake, dun think it's becoz my boy feeling hungry due to insufficient dinner..he's already taking 45mins to an hr to finish a small bowl of rice with vege & meat liao..to make him eat more means we need 2hrs feeding time? Plus after dinner an hr later, we still give him fruits. I suspect he just wanna suck long enough on the bottle before he can switch to "sleepy" mode.

Janet
I also think it's a good effort that the school teachers are trying to toilet-train B lei..not all schools are willing to do this one for eg. the previous school that Jonas attended dun seem to bother abt it. The church kindy toilets are basically for the kids only so I think should be clean enuf ba....shouldn't need to worry. Just put extra bottoms in B's bag in case got "accidents" in school and teachers can help her change.

Nellu
Jonas is seeing the therapist at Speech Inc. Not sure whether she's really good but her fees sure are high!!

SD
ya cos i find tat aven quite pampered le. fuss only then he gets whayt he want. sometime he dun even want to address pple.....no manners like tat. so i force him to say

springdance
my boy pee sitting down..
happy.gif
i tried to get him to stand and pee but he dun wan...ask papa to show him n follow..he oso dun wan... haiz..

cheezel,
sorry. didn't log in earlier. The music class full liao. anyway the cost is $290 ($50 is materials) for 10 lessons (each term).

if you are keen, i can get the person in charge to contact you?

btw, i also have the toilet seat thingy. we just started using it. see how it goes lor.

zhuzhu
how abt letting him pee in the potty instead of toilet bowl first?

Jeanyard
initial phase i still put on diaper....pull up pants. but i still bring Javen to toilet every now n then even with diaper.

nellu
ok. i may be ging for the yamaha little notes. apr class is almost frull n left only the sat noon slt which i dunn wan. leave my contact with them n will start class in july

cheezel
i tried to get him to squat facing the toilet now..hopefully later can advance to standing pose..
happy.gif

jeanyard
i still put on pull up when i go out..cos easier lar..i dun wan to run abt looking for a clean toilet..

cheezel/ SD
i tink at tis age, cannot expect the kids to be fully obedient n proper oso la .. jboy oso fuss like hell when he dun get wat he wants .. some x, he will start banging e floor etc etc. we juz ignore him .. n if he dun stop, than we flash out the cane:p

jeanyard
same for jboy .. we put on pull ups for him, especially when we gg like pple's hse. but if we outdoor, some x we juz let him wear his lil underwear.

ZhuZhu
I got one friend whose boy also started off with sitting down to pee..later on then progress to stand..shouldn't be too hard to transit this phase I guess. Juz wondering only, in the first place, what's the reason to start training him to sit first rather than directly begin with standing?

Cheezel
For your info, my good friend's dotter also with Yamaha...she say for 3 year old, they dun get to touch the piano..just play around with musical toys only...the kids will only start with the electronic keyboard from 4 years old onwards.

Cool_D
Unlike Cheezel, my case is not about politeness though, just more of "forcing" my boy to speak for what he wants... for his case, I think the part on talking "politely" can only come after he can overcome his communication difficulties. Haizzz....

springdance
haha i oso duno leh..i never train him to sit n pee..i think probably the sch started him on that...

cool daughter
now my boy har..like to act like baby..he will goes "mummy mummy scared scared" blah blah blah..buay tahan him..

CD/SD
ya. of cos never expect them to be proper n obedient.They only 2-3 yrs old. But i think basic manners must be taught early....esp now i think Javen can understand what we said. I found him to be rather rude to his grandmas and grandpas so decided to enforce it on him now. progressing quite well...think he get what i meant. when we come home from work, he will greet us n now, he ask properly. but there a times he forget too n i have to remind him. Now, he is into screaming at the top of his voice....what is worst is his didi fllow him ...n guess my hse can be tore down with their screams.....

SD
ya i know. its accompanied by parent too. I will still most prob go ahead to register him since he likes music n singing....not worrying abt touching the piano or instruments now.

cheezel
u knw e music sch at Punggol plaza? They hv a course for 3 yrs old too .. too bad it's like 3 or 4pm every sat .. clashes wif jboy nap time so i did not sign up.

jboy likes music too .. always coming back and singing new song he learnt in sch
happy.gif

SD,
ya...yamaha little notes they dun touch keyboard. infact it's not recommended for kids younger than 3 to start piano/keyboard cos their muscles in the fingers and hands are not completely developed. If they do, they may injure themselves.

nellu,
quite a lot of money right to put 1 kid in child care and another in infant care, even after the subsidy...one year almost $14k.

Mummies,
BTW, my EDD for #2 is 20 Apr....hee hee

janet,
ya...that's why have to keep working...hahahaha...no choice for me...no support is like that one lor.

but then....

I'm not the one paying! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Nellu / Cheezel
I just called up Yamaha to enquire since learning music sounds good..help "sensory development" which may inturn aid in speech..alas the relatively near outlet to our place doesn't offer Little notes..starts from music wonderland for 3.5yrs and the next suitable term for my boy to join this is Jan 2011!! Faintzzz...

JANET!!!
You sure is a quiet one huh! Whay neber share the good news earlier with us? No wonder like you seem to be not working and fetching B to school.. preparing to be a SAHM with No. 2 coming?

In any case, SINCERE CONGRATS my dear! Boy boy or girl girl?
kao_laugh.gif

janet
CONGRATS!! eh....keep mum for so long. now already apr then u say.....boy? gal?

SD
the music course quite popular. i put my name down n when the next term comes, they will call me to check if the timing is ok. abt 200 weekday n 240 weekends which i think still ok.

SD, cheezel, CD
its a boy this time round.
like what nellu said, expensive, so have to keep on working, cannot be SAHM. just that I am pregnant, so easier to take leave to accompany B to school

ooh..i'm blur....

i thought Janet told everyone liao?

Janet,
Congrats! boy will be handful..but I'm sure B will be of great help.

so wat is your plan?

Back