(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

Morning everyone!

Mylittlefriend
Hey, long time to chat! how've you been?
happy.gif

Janet
Am sure B is much much better now that it's February already, rite?

CD
You know, sometimes I pretend to snip adam's ears if he can't sit still! I cut his hair again early this week - just to trim lah. I still have to practice cutting his sideburns, else can look quite "kuku" you know what i mean? hehe..

Mum@work
WOW, bbK sure has long hair! Do you enjoy dolling her up?
happy.gif

smalldreams,
yes, B is definitely better now. Heard from my mum that she didnt cry when the teacher carries her yesterday...

Janet, smalldreams,

i'm doing fine, glad u all still remember me! i thought i'm in spide web liao....

mummies,
is your toddler still drinking milk from a bottle or 'promoted' to cup already?
B is still drinking from a bottle, and she 'destroys' the teat really fast...by chewing on it...waste a lot of money lei...but if drink from a cup, B will drink really slow. that is why i am still giving milk to her from a bottle

been real bz this 2 weeks...

Janet
Javen drinking from straw bottle since 2yrs old. slow n i have to bug him to drink everytime. hehe....but i have to accept it cos i dun want him to use bottle

cheezel,
how slow is your slow eh? will he hold the bottle himself? or have to chase after him?
If B drinks from a cup, still have to hold for her, still need to chase after her to drink.

Janet
jboy drinks milk fm bottle still. In fact, he drinks water fm bottle too, especially b4 sleeping. We felt dat he will rch a age when he ownself dun wan bottle:p

janet
hmm....days when he dun want drink, then have to hold for him. most of the time i will ask him to hold. sometime he gets distracted with playing n forget n i will bring the bottle to him. at night, he will hold the bottle himself most of the time n watch starfall site n drink his milk at the same time. that time he will drink very fast. now i let him drink water from cup.
he didnt want bottle b4 the age of 2 n i have trouble feeding him with bottle. so switch to stawbottle.

cheezel
could it be the straw bottle quite hard to suck? cos i got the nuby spill proof bottle..its quite hard to suck..i tried it b4...so now i just use normal straw bottle..n i see dat markus is drinking more water now..

hi everybody,
long time no long in leow. just spent my time watching taiwanese shows to escape from reality.
Just some updates:
Cookie has finally settled down in his pre-nursery after crying for a month with MC in between.
Cabbage can't wait to start school but she's still too young.
I'm struggling with my work - super exploited.

glad to hear your kids are settling down in school. sophie's classmate cried for 2 weeks when change to N1 class and different teacher cuz she was very attached to her ex-class teacher who left. i'm sort of relieved sophie is independant, but she always wants to do things herself which is frustrating when we are late. kicks up a fuss when i help her. must re-do herself. i dunno how to make her understand it's ok to accept help sometimes.

my littlefriend
thanks! you change nick liao ah.....kekek.....long time no see pic of ky liao.

zhuzhu
yeah it's sad the pay is so low and we parents do expect a lot from them. but i see some are motivated by their love for children. my aunt quit her stressful job to take up a course in childhood education. and although her pay is a fraction of what she used to earn, she is much happier. and even does research for materials on her weekends. can see that her motivation is not monetary. Sophie has a teacher which is also from corporate world. i think in a way it's good because they usually can speak well and are more confident than fresh students. and this is what they chose to do.

janet
i have the same problem with sophie. she bites my new teats. and chews straws. change so many teats and drinking bottles liao. even got one drinking bottle with hard straw. cannot bite!! hahah. i am still using bottle because sophie likes to lie down and drink milk. cannot do with straw cup. she can drink water from cup but i dare not let her drink milk in case spill and i have massive clean up.

zhuzhu
i using normal straw. i tried the nuby b4. hard to suck n i use a scissor to cut a small hold at the opening of the staw there. If u do notice the straw is actually covered to prevent leakage so have to suck a bit hard to drink the water. now water n milk all use normal straw bottle.

Jeanyard,
B also settled down in pre-nursery after 1 month of crying.
So how is ur new job? hope everything is ok

lynn,
sometimes B would also be like sophie, re-do everything herself and doenst want help...yes, i also feel frustrated when in rush

Janet
My boy is still using the bottle & teat but he doesn't bite it though...strangely one day, he started to only drink a little milk on the bottle and left quite alot unfinished. So I decided to use the cup and spoon to feed him at night..but afternoon he is ok on the bottle.

Good that B has now settled down at school.. March holidays coming, I hope our kids won't have Monday blues when school re-open though.

Jeanyard
Are you still with the same company that you were at before Cookie came along? Seems like you are rather unhappy there..maybe should seriously look into finding another job? What school is Cookie attending by the way? Church kindy or childcare based?

Mylittlefriend
You are "Sgn" correct?? :p

smalldreams
I do enjoy dolling her up but at times she is difficult too. hehehe....

Janet
Gd to hear tat B is doing well in sch!
K is still drinking frm bot & I don intend to switch to cup yet cos I noe she drinks real slow & nit to be push. I oso don wish to cut her out of milk. She chew the teats too!! I've chged her water bot's straw many many times too.

Jeanyard,
wow u can tahan watching taiwanese series ar??? I cant tahan....its too draggy. hehehe...

kao_smile.gif

Mum_at_work
I watch those funny and romantic shows. now with hubby not so romantic leow cos always talking about the kids and Cookie gets jealous when we sleep together. hiaz.

SpringD,
I tried to go into pharmaceutical but didn't even get an interview. now promoted to management level, learning new things, so ok loh. I missed your loh bang on Resort World. my sis also working your kind of ind, will get some discount for me.
Cookie is with PCF / PAP now. But they don't do writing, just play and play.

Janet,
this is still my first job :p
but newest in the management team lor.

anybody working in Headhunter company here? I submit my resume to you....

JeanYard
Promoted to management level still no motivation? Pay doesn't match the work I guess? Maybe it's just the new roles hence you feel over-whelmed...give some time to adapt perhaps things will get better....

mun@work,
at least K allows you to doll up. B doesnt even allow anything to be put on her head...a bit like me lah...i dont tie or pin my hair...

Jeanyard,
my hubby and I also not romantic liao...B also gets jealous sometime..she will say papa, mama, stop talking...because we were talking to each other...ok loh...can live by, because sometime we will have lunch together...so still ok

Mum@work,
how i envy K's hair. my girl from birth till 2.5years old, need not cut hair cos it just touches her mid neck level, imagine...

Water/Milk:
haiz... cher hates water, ask her to drk water is like asking her to drk poison. imagine she can cry n cry just to fin 1 small cup of water. she doesnt fancy sweet drks or juices/smoothies too. d only drink she quite like is pokka green tea but i limit her n only let her take it once a while during wkends. she doesnt take bottle, she dun like straw cup. she drks fr cup but small tiny sips only. usually i hv to spoonfeed her water else she wld nvr ask for water. she doesnt fancy milk, occasionally she wld take goat's milk. so we save lots of $$ on milk powder. so i try to cook more balance diet for her. she is taking a little more meat these days.

Jeanyard,
my hb is nvr a romantic person.. agree now our focus is alwy on d kids. ash gg to register for P1 this yr so this is our 'common' topic for now. school stress, job stress, sahm oso v stress, i guess we hv no choice since we are living in such a stressful society. i saw d P1 syllabus of some gd sch, oh no, i wonder how my super active playful boy ever can cope, i wld b d stressful one...

Lynn,
cher only insists to do evytg by herslef n somtx so slow. yes if we help her, she wld get upset n redo the whole preocess agn.

Hi mylittlefrd,
sgn right? how ar u? hvnt seen KY for a long time.

hi mummies,
sorry i dont have ur emails, if u need access to my blog, can pm me ur email n i send u an invite
happy.gif

sanrio
cher drink little milk also? Actually Javen doesnt fancy milk. Its me who insist that he drink. pron just a kiasu parent mindset. even the doc also mention he can drink less milk if want.

Sanrio
Good to know Cher has started to open up to meats now.. you found a way to process the meat so that she dun mind having?

As for milk, is it becoz Cher is too used to BM and hence, not keen on FM? How old was she when she stopped BM?

Cheezel
I noticed you did many craftworks and totbooks for your boys..WOW..that must have used up alot of time & effort on your part. Are you still working full time?

mummies,
good news for non milk lovers. By age 3, you can reduce the milk intake to 500ml (2 adult cups) per day. but remember to increase the servings of solid food.

Sanrio,
I have problems with PMing. Could you email your invite to [email protected]? No wonder, now i couldnt log on to your blog already.

Sanrio,
so is it pei chun for ash?

Mummies,
anyone of your kiddo walking with the toes pointing inwards? B is a bit like that..may want to go to KKH for them to check.

Janet,
toes point inwards you mean like Japanese? you may want to check if the shoes are comfortable.

sanrio,
this generation kids are really different from us and they are smarter. P1 can be stressful I heard some sch even have enrichment classes.

re: romantic days
can have that only when the kids grow older and work....

SpringD,
the $$ is pathetic and not even management level's pay. so feel very exploited but then again don't feel i'm so good to bargain for more. hiaz. anyway, good thing is can go home asap and near.

SD
ya. still working full time. cannot dun work le. i did the lapbooks/preparation work at night when the kiddos sleep. quite time consuming but Javen likes so think quite worth while to do that. everyday when i back home from work, he will pester me to start doing craft work with him

janet
how abt when running? B's toes also pointing inwards?

sanrio
lil hair = $$$$ saved!
hahaha....
oh, cher doesnt like H2O huh? but as long as she's not dehyrated can liao....green tea, hv caffine hor? K likes coffee ice cream.... at one stage, K don fancy milk too..but nw she can drink 8-12oz per feed.

cheezel
wow u still can squeeze in time in the night ...envy envy.

Janet
Did u juz notice it? Like wad jeanyard mention, probrably the shoe?

kao_smile.gif

cheezel,
yup cher dislike milk, max 1 to 2 cups a WEEK or somtx not even 1 cup a week. Pd has been telling me milk is not necessary if they eat a balance diet. ash doesnt drk milk as he wld LS, bloat badly n cough a lot when he comsumes milk. i was then ks n wori abt d DHA n pd told me DHA is advertising gimmick, the amt tat is absorbed is a ? (that is his opinion..) ash takes his meals well so i m not so worried. cher recently eats more n better so i din force her to drk milk.

SD,
cher self weaned off BM when she was 2.5 years old. she said she is a big girl already. ash has been tellg her 'how nice' meat is so she is more 'receptive' to trying it these days. no special way of cooking, at hm, she is ok with braised pork with dark soya sauce/sugar, a bit of char siew, sweet & sour pork.. but she doesnt like pork ribs in soup.

Janet,
ok, i wld add u. yes most likely pei chun.

Jeanyard,
yup stressful, even his kindy chinese/english are not easy.

sanrio
ya..i work in the milk industry b4. the amt prob not so significant...but aiya...dunno le. still worry if he didnt drink milk. even the chinese physician which Javen is seeing for cough also say to reduce milk as it cause phelgm.

Mom@work
by the time the kiddos sleep, its abt 9 plus. so i will start working on the activities i want them to do. i do abt 1 hr or plus every night. after tat i', dead tired n will just sleep. so hor...totoally no time for myslef. but sometime i lazy...will skip a day to rest.

I'm no a SAHM...so by the time i reach home from work, its already 6. didnt really have much time with the kiddos. so i just spend 30 mins with Javen or both to do some craft works, colouring, some activities to improve motor skills etc. then b4 bed, just watch starfall website, youtube clips...their fav is Micheal Jackson song "We are the world" or some nursery songs, read story books etc.

Jeanyard
Location of the workplace very important to me.. moreover, "zhuo shen bu ru zhuo shou"..maybe you check out the pay from other people in same industry.. perhaps what you are getting is indeed the standard, then you won't feel so bad abt the job.... :p

Cheezel
You sure is a "Wei Da" mama...I probably would spend time watching my fav drama serials after my boy sleep than to spend time doing craftworks for him. :p

Thumbs Up for your efforts! No wonder Javen is so advanced in speech development.
happy.gif

Sanrio
That's certainly a nice variety of meat that Cher is eating now.. Ash is a good influence.
happy.gif

She probably dun like the taste of FM coz she's too used to BM taste, having drunk only mummy's BM for 2.5yrs! You can always give her other sources of calcium if she doesn't like FM eg. cheese or yogurt. For DHA, you can give her cod liver oil..so dun worry about too much about her milk quantity consumed ya.

Toes pointing inwards:
not really the shoes, because even barefooted she also walks like that. I noticed it for a while. thought she will outgrown those kind of walking...but now, still like that, so is thinking of bringing her to KKh. Seems like none of your kiddo is like that eh...

Sanrio,
let me know whether it is stressful in pei chun..hee hee, because i am thinking of pei chun for B too.

cheezel,
milk can cause phelgm? no wonder B has so much phelgm now...she has been coughing for awhile.

Janet
Javen looks fine to me le. ulcer in throat can eat biscuit?? i tot will be pain. he refuse to eat anything except biscuit. give him a piece to see how he swallow....he eat up the whole biscuit n requested for 1 more. Like tat like ulcer meh>? i tot will be very painful n only can drink......

cheezel
markus oso ever had an ulcer in his throat b4..not HFMD..but the poor boy had dificult to swallow his own saliva...but if javen can still eat biscuits..then let him eat lor..make sure he drink some water oso

janet
if B had a lot of phelgm..u try to dilute the milk lor..

sanrio
can add me to ur blog.. [email protected]

Janet
Maybe can give a call to PD to ask about the toes..is it just occasionally that B does it? Maybe she's worried about stepping onto something..any incident of her being pricking by an object on her feet b4? Or perhaps she dun like the feeling of 'cold floor'?

Cheezel
Maybe Javen is just "Pu Jua", hence the ulcers. Since it is not affecting his appetite much, I think he should be on the way to recovery soon.

Sanrio,
Cabbage doesn't like water too. she likes effervence vit C, so we give her in liquid, very diluted.
Or you can try honey water?

mommies~
Happy Chinese New Year!!

Honey:
Can we start giving the tods honey now? i wanted to give Javen some but didnt dare too.

Happy new year !!

smalldreams
I did .. giving mamil gold step 4 now coz few wks ago, we went ntuc buy milk jboy says he wan the purple one. Hubby thot its ok so we juz buy.

Sanrio
I PMed you my email addy to include last week...you received?

Cheezel
Did Javen manage to recover in time to enjoy the CNY goodies?
happy.gif

Re: Milk for 3 year old
I think the brand of FM my boy is consuming doesn't have this differentiation wor..hmmm..so I guess means no change needed or I have to change brand??

CD
did you scan thru the nutrients?
Think should be OK rite since our boys are eating other stuff too...

SD
wah...which FM is Jonas consuming?
happy.gif

No need to change brand lah. as long as milk ok liao. some mums even give fresh milk to their sons. cheaper!

Milk:
some doc say no need to give milk also ok. as long as daily intake is complete n growing well. few docs already told me tat but i kiasu...still give. heheh

SD
Javen recover on cny eve. cny eve night, Jaren's turn. fever n didnt sleep well the whole night. 1st day of cny, he cling to me like kuala. nobody can carry him except me. i pop 2 panadol extra on the 1st night of the cny. 2nd days all ok liao.

cheezel
wah... you super mum. But ya lah i agree... we cant afford to fall sick..since i became a mum, i eat med and push myself to get well asap. not like last time... can spend days to recover..

Re : Milk
I think it's good to continue to give esp for fussy eaters. coz milk is a wholesome food. I have a friend, who disliked milk as a teenager. She used to suffer from bone / joint related injuries. could be due to her lack of milk consumption.

Smalldreams
Jonas taking NAN...maximum is no. 3 which he oledi taking quite long time back...dun have no. 4 like Mamil or other FM brands lei. :p

What brand is Adam taking? Recently, I seem to notice that babies who take similac or enfa are bigger..maybe coz my boy is not taking any of these brands, that's why he's so slim cut to start off...Hmmm... but too late to realise now, at his age, the focus should be on solids ya.

Cheezel
"Heng" both your boys recover by day 2.. I agree with smalldreams that you sure is a 'super mum' but is in terms of taking good care and developing your two boys!
happy.gif

Back