(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

belle, YY,

I dun think she is sayanging it. She is just investigating and then she wants me to stick the limb back again with scotch tape.

belle: i wun dare to claim it is good. hence i was 'pondering' over effectiveness coz my 'ben ben' teng can also get it :p

anyway.. hmm i just paid the fees.. another $400 plus for 9 lessons GONE! haiz. but this is for the Tots class. and the first payment is more exp , around $500 plus. coz of deposit what not..

mejo: just this week, or yesterday. teng started doing 3 actions.. and is able to say the letters when shown .. not by himself though..
honey horse got beat buttocks ah? hahhaha. see i dun even know! i think must go and buy the vcds and let teng see! then he will learn even faster!.. he onli know the kangeroo kick, the mousy 'm' (around the mouth).. and what else ah? the fish.. ehh. that's about it.. whahahaha. this boy hor slow. attend almost 8 lessons liao.. onli 3 gestures..

hmm.. (starts to think). that girl. so advanced do ALL the gestures.. how much did the parents spend? *shudders*

YY,

Huh, YT already attended 2 sems liao wor but can only beat buttocks? Haha. Actually not really beat buttocks but is beat the side of thighs. GUG got VCDs? I din know that. How much?

mejo: ha.. dun forget leh.. YT is still younger than teng.. so maybe at higher level. the way they intro the GUG zoophonics.. got more powerful? coz all the bbs will stand up one and do the gestures together.. i think the babes class. not like this right? maybe standing up and doing it altogether helps? dunno..

yes. got the home learning tools lah.. i was reading one of the many leaflets on the wall. think can get over their counter.. never see prize. but i know. not cheap leh.. haiz. as usual lah..

pink: wah. ur fren. now i think.. must have spend a bomb to get the kid go for one year of GUG.. wah.. to think i was thinking of sending teng to the kindergarten leh.. wah liew. better think twice.. :S

bbmouse:

"Foods to Be Avoided While Nursing

Women normally eat a variety of foods while breast-feeding. These different flavors do change the taste of your milk. Your baby probably enjoys these varying flavors. If your baby is particularly fussy about the milk some day, try to notice the food you ate. If she reacts the same way every time you take that particular food, it could be the breastfeeding food to avoid.

The most common foods to avoid during breastfeeding are spices such as garlic, chili, cinnamon, and pepper; chocolate; vegetables such as cabbage, onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumber; fruits such as prunes, cherries, orange, lemon, strawberry, grapefruit, pineapple, and kiwi.

Caffeine under 750 ml per day is fine, but not beyond that. While calculating your daily quota, include your medication and other substances as sodas, and teas that contain caffeine. Caffeine can affect your baby’s sleep and make him cranky.

Alcohol is to be avoided altogether while you are nursing. May be an occasional drink is acceptable, but nothing beyond that. High blood alcohol content is not good for your baby.

Breast Feeding and Food Allergy

If you notice certain symptoms such as diarrhea, eczema, congestion, or general fussiness in you baby, she may be developing an allergy. It could be because of her contact with soap or yeast. It may also be because of the food you are eating.

Breast feeding and food allergy are closely related. Foods that can cause allergy through breast milk are soy, nuts, peanuts, dairy products, wheat, egg, and corn. Consult with your doctor before eliminating a food and ask for a safe substitute to maintain a healthy nutritional balance. "

hmm .. pig intestines.. iszit high in vit A? coz liver is to be avoided coz too high in vit A .. not sure about intestines.. maybe same line of thought.?

astro/ mejo

noted on the gug $$ & 'effectiveness'

chloe just work from nap..now very TEH..keep wanting my attn. i cant chat now..talk tonite ..goin to T3 soon!

YY,

babe class also got the the kids to stand up and do the actions together wor but so far, only got 1 girl in my class can do some of the actions but she obviously older than the other kids.

RE: pig intestines

I thought it is because if you dun clean the intestines thoroughly and cook thoroughly may have bacteria?

mejo: that's what i thought too for pig intestines.. got bacteria..

and i cannot remember the babe class of intro-ing the gestures.. coz for my clss last time. NONE of the bbs can do :p

belle: ha.. ah bui teng just went ot bed. he wants to go find chloe leh. ops.. wun be able to find chloe liao :p

i told u ladies how teng will go 'ah ye yeh yeh ye yeh'.. when he runs and vocalise. darn cute. just this morning he will doig it all day.. i think he too fatliao. run,the voice will also 'shake'..along with the fats.. ha!

wha i miss forum for one day and first thing i see is autum birthed liao.. hahah.. wha damn fast leh and no epi soo.. hehe.. good. EV is good size.. should beasy to "yang3"..hehehe

Mejo: what is this fascination with this doggie balloon inhere har? rae also reveived one of this when i birthed her, my GF gave her a pig one.. it was tied to my hospital bed, it gave the nurse and the cleaning aunty a scare when they came into the room in the moddleof the night, they thought it was live animal near my bed.. quite funny actually. Can buy them from those concourse balloon shop right? got a dino one also quite cute.

mickey: u got ur luggage? big ah? have not read archive yet so dunno what was ur feedback. i didn;t avoid chocolate or chilli leh when i was bfing.. cos i like chilli. but i did avoid caffeine cos i dun want to have an over stimulted bb from too much caffeine in my BM, i used to taste rae that she will get chocolate chip flavour BM etc approx after 2 hrs of me consuming it.. hehe

mejo: eh. no. it should be teng enjoys 'shaking' the voice! whahahaha..

star: will be fun after Rae gets used to it. i thinkinitially all the bbs..'shy shy'. cranky cranky :p

these days.. teng will walk into the GUG all by himself.. and sometimes we arrive early. becoz we earliest class.. GUG's doors still not open. then teng will keep pointing at the door. once the door open. he rushed inside liao.. and run towards his room!! last time. got to drag him inside! ha! what a contrast!

astro
you are right...spend 1 yr of GUG must have spent a bomb.
sometimes i wonder if i put her in a normal daily playgroup, will she pick up even more from the older kids....
sound like teng learnt a lot of stuff after going to tod class.

so fed up, they didnt allow us to go tod class. i have a fren who enrolled her kid in the middle of this term, which means he attended at most 2 lessons and he's allowed to go to tod class...

anyway the 3 wonderers in our class aka andrew, leia and keiran still wonder around, no wonder teacher said cannot be 'upgraded' yet :p

Pink: how come they dun allow leia to go tods class..what was the reason given? i am slotting rae in half way too, will only be attending 3 lesson in babes group, after that she will move to join QQ and YE in the tods class liao.

star
wow rae hasnt attended and yet they allow her to go straight to tod class after 3 lessons. this is so unfair lor. the excuse they gave is that the 3 are not ready yet, so on wat basis they feel that those who havent even attend b4 can go to tod class. a bit unhappy, maybe i will confront them later.

star,

Dunno. Maybe cuz they walked like real animals? I bought mine from a spree here. Think outside a pumped one cuz around $15. I buy from spree plus pump helium around $9 plus like that.

pink: actually i was thinking of this leh. when teng more or less 'on par'.. then i have to 'save $$' to put him in 'ordinary' playgroup leh. else too steep liao!..

hmm could be that suddenly teng, his brain 'connect' liao. at this time. happens to bump into GUg.. so i start attributing the learning to GUG?? could be also
happy.gif

i was JUST thinking. maybe i should teng to weekday class?! aiyoh. contradicting what i told u about want to save money! hahahah :p

i honestly think the GUG 'play cheat' lei. they want those 'borderline' bbs to hover in the babes class for as long as possible (coz parents naturally wnat to advance.. so wun 'give up' on the babes classes so easily.. coz want to go tots class mah. ehh u get what i mean?).. so hence they soo sticky refusing the 18mths old to go tots class when on their official programmes they say can!
maybe i should go and ask the Tots class teachers why so hor?? as in what criterions to they set 'behind the scene' to decide who to 'promote' to tots class?? ehh. must be more transparent hor??

ha.. even in tots class also got wanderers leh!! but they wander very short period of time onli..as compared to the babies in babe classes.. most of the time. teachers ask them to sit or parents asked them.. they will guai guai obey.. so i honestly think it is a matter of getting used to it. not that the bb dun like or cannot go for GUG
happy.gif

mejo: yt darn cute!. teng go 'star.star. star'.. that's all.

i think ur girl got the potential to be the super animated advanced girl i talking about.. yesterday.. was on Mouse.. then she was sooo animated.. went 'squek squek'..then clench her fists, contort her face, screamed.. ran round the room.. then come back and 'squek squek' and repeat the loop.. ha.. scary seah..

pink: hmmm.. think u should ask them hor?? and let me know? i interested to see the validity of their 'promoting' claim leh..

star: then how much are u paying for the fees?

Pink: actually for my case, i specially say i wanna start straight at Tods levelcos she 18 mths liao.. so as a transition, they ask if i wanna try a few classes of the babes class i say ok.Maybe cos when i sign rae up, she is already 18mths liao, thus this special arrangement? i told themi dun want my 18mths girl to get stuck toolong in a babes class where her peers are all younger than her lah. anyway u can ask the school again. does Leia really wander around all the time?

YY,

Er, but YT will do different actions from what is taught to her. I remember long long ago Anthea can do twinkle twinkle little stars action so I try to teach YT also but this is how it turn out to be!?!

star: teng also started when 18 mths.. and i told them the same thing u state here.. yet still they insists teng stay at babes class for one sem.. well..

mejo: ha.. different interpretaions.. kekeke. anyway. the Signing.. bbs doing sign language. they also have variations mah.. :p

seems like GUG a bit double standards wor.. hmmm

YY, Pinkpink,

I suspect they move the students according to availability of class also? Like got new class in tods then move some up and accept some?

mejo: like that also not very fair. coz in pink's case. leia has been enroled earlier than rae. yet rae is going earlier to tots then leia?.. hmm. tricky. . think th emangement must be more transparent. i feel..

mejo: kekeke. yalor. i still haven't see how teng will sign that.. ha.. should do it later.. :p

anyway. darbebe is so nice to bring my ON stuff over! ops!! :p

and her girl soo cute lor!her 'hello'' is open and close palms! :p kekeke

thanks darbebe! ehh. forgot to ask. so it is from pink and angel's sprees.. right?

mummies!

i suddenly feel very energetic.. haha.. i think adrenalin! no epi but got use gas mask. not too bad le actually. EV looks just like EJ! hee.. hope she will continue to look like him as she grows bigger.

ok my birth-story:
1. Woke at around 640am with bad tummy ache.. so went to toilet diarrhea
2. Sat on toilet for long time n then start to think that, aye, contractions seem to be 5-10mins apart.
3. Got up from toilet n went to surf net for info on whether i m really in labour! that's when i post all those post this morning.
4. Decide to put a load of clothes to wash in the washing machine! haha.. this is quite funny on hindsight.
5. Contractions very bad liao, so woke hubby almost 8am.
6. Went to bathe n by then contractions every few minutes.. reach hospital at 9am.
7. First thing i told nurse, i want epidural, and call my doctor. Nurse say, must check cervix 1st. After checking, nurse say, U are already FULLY dilated! U want epi for what?? Take gas mask.
8. So boh-bian i take gas mask. Then pain n pain lor.. then wait for doctor to come.. meanwhile my waterbag still didn't burst.
9. Doctor came in at 9+am.. then immediately get me into labour liao. So i had to push n push. this time i can feel the full effect of labour. can feel got baby stuck there etc.. then very funny, i shouted out in pain.. and Doc told me NOT to shout! he said that's not the way to do, cos if i shout, i won't have energy to push.. so told me to concentrate on pushing.
10. After 7-8 pushes.. baby is out. I feel like crying le. legs feel sng. Then they made me lie in delivery room for more than 2hrs cos they waiting for the patient of my room to discharge. Now I m in my room liao.

happy.gif
happy.gif

autum, haha. Same when i delivering bel. I also keep shouting. Den nurse scold me. Lol. Cos shout also no use, i m using my energy to shout instead of pushing. Good to hear that u are feeling energetic. can feel bb stuck down there? Lol. Btw where is ej when u delivering ev?

autum
congrats!

star
tell us how your GUG goes

mickey
that bag quite big leh. quite scared to bring cos scarly really got to check in! how how how...

hey! post the pictures of AAs leh. i wanna see anna's pattern
happy.gif

Astro: Many thanks for the links!
happy.gif
I'm not sure abt pig intestines and vit A either. But during confinement, we eat lots of pig's kidneys right? Anyway, I really have no clue. And when in doubt, I'd rather do away with variety and don't take the dish.

Mummies..
Hey, after 5 days' stay, this CL is making me lose confidence in her.
sad.gif

1) She cooks up a lot of variety - good. But this includes "forbidden food" like french beans, celery, pig intestines, pig spleen! and broccoli (this evening)! I want to faint! And for payaya soup, I've only had it 2 times so far.
2) She cooks up so much fish per meal! Hubby and I had to stuff ourselves with the fish. Now that we told her to cut down, she's still cooking half that portion, which we still have to stuff down! When we confronted her the first time, she even said it was the maid who said there is not enuf fish!
3) She's not very clean in cleaning ayden leh. I saw some eye shit in ayden's eyes yerterday and used a cotton wool to clean, and the cotton wool became yellow, yellow wan.
sad.gif
When I asked her, she said "of course must clean, everyday must clean".
4) When ayden poos, she doesn't clean with water and cotton wool. When I asked, then she claimed she forgot to take water.
5) She doesn't bathe or even change her clothes after a heavy cooking session before handling Ayden. I've told her 2 times, and she's still liddat. Always claim that her cooking is very "light" only.

The list can go on..

Hubby said to "tong3" for just 1 mth.

BBmar: You read the above on my CL? So I won't recommend her to anyone at all. Just got to tong3 her for 1mth and then off she goes..

SQ: Will post when I receive the prints.
happy.gif
If got to check in, then check-in lor. Why not?

Autum: Wah! Your pain tolerance must be very high.
happy.gif
Rest well now and start to bring EV to your breasts!
happy.gif

Re F1: Hey babies under 4 are not allowed to attend leh. Hubby got invited and asked me if he could bring anna along. On discovering anna cannot attend, he backs out on grounds that "my wife might fall into depression if I go." :p

astro
i asked liao.
first i ask teacher whether leia can move on to Tod Class, she said it depends on how ready is the kid but if i really want, i can ask the admin.
ok that day when i called admin, she said cannot based on teacher's advice and there's no more slots.
so today when i went to admin, she repeated the same story except there's vacancy this time? she said their suggestion is to let the kid stay for another term in babe class. I told her then why pple who havent even attend babe class, can get a guaranteed place in tod. Star, i said your name :p to fight my case. she said you call in very early, oh well well i said so its a matter of who call in first? then she added the thing about younger kid cannot catch up with older kid etc..nevermind, anyway i got leia switched to Tod Class sunday 4pm liao.

Mejo
i asked for your class but full liao...she said all taken up except sunday 2pm and 4pm.
yes leia still wonders a lot, machiam like not interested, so i may as well let her try in tod class, hopefully she learns from the older kids.

wah! come in n first thing i see is Aytum's good news!

<font color="ff0000">CONGRATULATIONS AUTUM! WELCOME EV!! =D</font>

sounds like a smooth and fast delivery!! yay!

Yvonne,
hmm, at first hubby was outside with EJ cos EJ not allowed into the delivery room. then after that, my mum n aunt came, so they could watch over EJ while hubby came inside.. only after he came in, then EV come out.. so funny, the nurse say EV is waiting for the daddy to come in.

Mickey,
i have breastfed EV 3 times so far. Nipples starting to get painful liao. haha.. but will see how it goes. i have decided to be totally stress-free. If i feel i can't tahan the pain, i will stop! :p

Pink,
hmm, not doc say no epi, it's nurse. she says i m fully dilated, even if i want to call for epi, by the time the anasthetician come in, i could have delivered already! so she tell me to use gas mask can liao. Doc Woo very funny.. after the delivery, told me next time must come earlier else i will deliver in the car!

re: pain
mummies, so far i m coping well. i haven't taken any painkillers yet.. n think i will try to do without. the below part is just sore n sng.. not exactly pain.. so i guess i will just leave it. i have peed twice liao.. ok. just haven't poo.

re: EV
nurse told me EV has peed n pooed once liao. which is good news. she says within 24hrs must pee-poo at least once.. then tomorrow must pee-poo twice. she says if baby can do that, means i can BF. so we shall see.

Thanks all mummies for your well wishes!

Congratulations Autum!! and welcome to this wonderful world and to your wonderful parents and brother... :)

Autum: u ganho lei...fully dilated then reach hospi... u actually tolerated with all the contraction pains! another wonder mama... :)

enne: I've got ur stuff from QQ liao, pls chk GG for my HP number and contact me for collection ok... :)

Mejo: not too sure abt seeing flying hairs... can't comment...

pink pink: i remembered previously when i was in labour, after some time, my HB sees that i was in very bad pain, helped me to request for epi, but i only hear the nurse say : "i think she no need lah, she can one, she can"... then inside my heart was "huh???! wat's makes u think so..." then puff puff puff the oxy mask again...after some time into labour i actually requested for it, then the nurses suggested that i try gas mask...then i semi-concious with the gas mask...:-(

autum: think u shd take the painkillers lei... me also thought pain bearable and skipped the painkillers, then on day of discharge, i fell the pain down there so bad that i was crying, i thought it was worse then labour pain wor... then HB scold me should take painkiller to prevent pain???

ok gal climbed up the chair, gtg... see if got energy to log in again later...

autum: take care and rest more...u may feel energetic now but rest more ok...

swmom,
thanks! last round i didn't want to take painkillers but took once then kena allergy. then after that they prescribe another type of painkiller but i didn't take. i took home the med, but didn't take. so maybe this time round i will also do that. See how. maybe i must take cos nipples pain! heh heh..

mickey
where's your CL from? why so jialat?
you mean you ask the photographer to come your place and take shots? so cute! ya, you must post when you receive them
happy.gif

autum
you using lap top to log on? wa, our mar mummies damn steady man. you, mickey and yvonne, all log in after delivery! really can!

QQ
come in and tell us how things are gg
happy.gif

pink
so you won the "fight" with GUG. siao lah, they all

Back