(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

QQ,
usu if i like sth, i'm obsessed with it. think i got OCD. haha.... i will eat until everyone scream and i'm the only one eating.

even for my songs, i will keep playing it for a few weeks till my brother wants to kill me, and my hubby will go from loving to hating the song, thanks to me. haha.....

how come this one-year-old party is machiam like planning for wedding?
i'm extremely impatient and find this a waste of time. so my hubby did everything from the studio to the wedding arrangements.
poor YE won't be expecting me to do any of the stuff you all are doing for bbs.

yeah, SQ u very extreme leh. haha!!
and also how come this year u not chasing after the pineapple tarts? I'm going back KL and eat bakwa and cookies.... come back then jianfei.

purple barney, i also anti-barney one like star. its just not cute but why so many kids like it?
and brain surgery for elmo also gross.. i am going to order a simple 1 cake.

SQ: I won't do this every year. As this is her first birthday, I will plan a party. Thereafter, we may just celebrate within the family.. It's not too elaborate. It's just the planning that's tedious.. I have got her birthday dress already. But not sure if I won't change my mind.. As usual..

QQ,
how you know i'm not chasing? i've already started eating as soon as they started selling. but keep quiet and eat dun dare to say oni
happy.gif

baby girl,
you can just call up a few bakeries you have in mind rather than going down bah. after you narrow down to the pooh ones, then you go down and talk to them? lazy way out for me

ya lah, first bday. else i won't be doing ANYthing also. haha

SQ: Want to check with you if you know. The toysrus at Suntec carries party decor? I need to make a trip to toysrus, just want to choose the "correct" one to go to.

QQ, SQ: Yah lor.. The Elmo is so gross! And the cake so yucky..

Re: GXGX Gathering
GONG XI GONG XI GATHERING

1. Linda + 3 monkeys (10, 16 Feb ok)
2. QQ + tian (10, 16 Feb ok)
3. Astro + TEng + Miser + Ellie (16 feb TBC)
4 carol + asher + hb (???)
5 Irin + RR + hb (10th Feb)
6 Autum + EJ + Hb (16 Feb)
7. Yvonne + Bel + hb (??)
8. Audrey + K + (??? many?)
9. Michelle + K + hb (came back on 11 feb liao, no excuse)
10. Pink + Leia + Mummy (??)
11. Enne + boy + HB (TBC depending on confirmed location/date)
12. Giolyn + Clyde + Cedric (depending on which day)
13. Angel + Kaiser + HB (sunday r fine)

looks like more towards 16 Feb.

Okay, set! we all go irin house for party with an angpow tree (just kidding.. )

I will confirm time and venue again.
won't clash with all of your lessons bah..
just a short meet..

Baby Girl-I went to toysrus at tampines mall, it does carry party favors but don't know same as other branches? I saw got blow bubbles, whistles, poohbear&friends maze toys etc. party decor such as bday banner, table cover, goodies bag.

SQ-not much lo I feel not a big section from what I see at toysrus in tampines mall.

Baby Girl-got balloons also, those disney princess designs but I bought normal balloons coz don't have 'prince' designs. I think not much lo if u r looking for wide varieties for party decor? I thinking how to form the words of my boy name coz birthday banner only puts HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

enne,
the local supplies not as good.

baby girl,
did you try those party shops at centrepoint? think blurbelle and carol were talking about them earlier. as you would already guessed, i'm not having any of these decor for YE. poor gal

ahy didn't i think of this place ah??

BOTTLE TREE PARK at yishun.
its spacious, relax.. and accessible.

Re: GXGX Gathering
GONG XI GONG XI GATHERING

1. Linda + 3 monkeys (10, 16 Feb ok)
2. QQ + tian (10, 16 Feb ok)
3. Astro + TEng + Miser + Ellie (16 feb TBC)
4 carol + asher + hb (???)
5 Irin + RR + hb (10th Feb)
6 Autum + EJ + Hb (16 Feb)
7. Yvonne + Bel + hb (??)
8. Audrey + K + (??? many?)
9. Michelle + K + hb (came back on 11 feb liao, no excuse)
10. Pink + Leia + Mummy (??)
11. Enne + boy + HB (TBC depending on confirmed location/date)
12. Giolyn + Clyde + Cedric (depending on which day)
13. Angel + Kaiser + HB (sunday r fine)
14. Fion + Vanda

SQ-that reminds me, centrept top level think got 1 party shop, used to work at orchard went there often but din go in there.
how would YE be celebrating her birthday??

QQ-I been there b4, my SIL celebrated her baby 1st mth celebration there, quite alright but will it be too far for some since Yishun not considered very central??

SQ-you forgotten PRESENT for YE?? hehehe.

Yeah u reminds me of that shop I almost forgotten abt that, shd find time to go down take a look too. hehe.

enne meimei,
u know any place where its similar to bottletree park more central? now cracking my head.. trying to see if can get a more spacious place to put our strollers, bb, adults, maids.. haha!
happy.gif

suggestions, come come pls.

Re: Barney

My elder girl is a great fan of Barney, for her 3 year old birthday. She choose the Barney cake, it's from Prima Deli, we let her choose those Barney print on sugar, so no purple lips for the kids. Till now she still like Barney alot. I watched the barney show with her for a few years. Actually Barney is friendly and purple is a colour for fun. The songs are great. I prefer that emlo as Barney and the kids speak clearer.

SQ-haha me thinking to give my boy a BIG ANGBAO, as big as I can afford. more practical since he shd have many prezs from others liao. hehehe. coz we as mummies, bday or no bday also spend on our bbs ma right, time to save for them too! hehe

QQ-u ask the wrong person liao haha, I'm not good with places in singapore. see how the others, those with cars shdn't be a prob but without car, LIKE ME more ma fan lo unless got pple LONGBANG. haha.

SQ, one rochester is reserved for birthday bash.... .. more class.

enne, wait la.. see can come up with a better place or not.

last time went with tian, my mil brought her down to the little pond and catch fish. she actually used her two fingers trying to catch. so funny. i tot she will use two palms instead.

huingee i never watch barney before leh.. another one that i dun like is teletubbies. haha!

Enne: Ang bao is the most practical. Speaking of which, I still haven't opened an account in her own name. And I still hold some of her ang bao money in custody. And I forgot how much liao..

baby girl,
me too. haven't open the account.
so i just set aside a lumpsum in another account to make sure she dun lugi can liao. in fact she "earns" leh...
happy.gif

so troublesome to bring them to open account.

hilo everyone

QQ: no leh.. i sometimes think coz teng looks o much like me.. i wun blame miser for thinking not his son leh.. but hor.. teng is CARBON copy of miser when young.. except bigger eyes.. chiam! does that mean grow up will become nerdy like miser?! shit...

Bbgirl: ya..me yet to open account for him also.. think miser has $3000 (accumulated int over time) when his grandma opened a $1 account for him long long time ago.. so now giving it to teng.. wah. teng rich at such a young age ah! wah....

HOUSE? $3000?

my boy sounds poor in comparison though I got opened acct for him but under trust fund coz he still small.

Baby Girl-Just the birth cert will do and ur NRIC, the bank needs verification u r the mum or dad only.

I just read this page...so i have no idea what went on before. But from this I surmise that it's about baby's 1st birthday. What a coincidence! Another board I go to is already discussing this and there are a few (like myself) who will only be holding a small "pizza and cake" type gathering for family. Helps that I only have one other sibling and HB only has two.

Maybe we're quite slack lah...but for us, unless Jesse asks for one (probably when he's older) we won't throw him a party.

And us, bad parents, won't even be holding his first birthday on the actual day since we have a wedding to attend.
happy.gif
But then...who doesn't like pizza! haha.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

enne: i think ah.. sometimes I feel i a bit ka cheong ... and sot liao.. when i young.. where got account in my name set up by my parents?

SQ,
No need to bring them to open. Just passport need to bring them to collect.
There are a few banks have kids a/c, posb, uob and maybank i think.

astro...actually, when I was young, I had an a/c in my name. But I'm not doing that for Jesse. haha. I'll take all the money first until he knows how to count (and understands the value of money) then I'll open an a/c for him. For now, I think he prefers the red packets more than the cash inside. :p

But ya, can be done cos for 2nd - 4th child, Govt has cash matching for the baby bonus thingy, right?

SQ,
For my elder girl i open uob kids a/c for her. For Posb like have to put min $20 every month. I don't like that, so far only put in angbao money for her. Haven't open for dylan yet.

SQ,
i read your black forest cake post, I want to laugh.. wau, if I am your family, I will also ban you from buying that!

re: Party
jialat, I getting more gan-cheong liao. Pink, all the places you suggest hor, they sound nice but difficult to go leh. Cos most of my relatives don't drive (my aunties and cousins).. so if difficult to go, then not nice to make them so mah-fan. cham.. i got so many criteria, no wonder still can't find a place.

Actually, this time round when we go back to Ipoh for CNY, we are also throwing 3 tables for the family there to eat.. supposedly is the man-yue-jiu for EJ.. but because since his birth till now, we didn't go back, so we are doing it now. I think over there, the decision is so much easier.. just ask his dad to book 3 tables in a restaurant can liao. No need cake or anything.. here we have to plan so many things..

SQ,
hahaha.. u miss mi har??
was out from 9am and only got home at 10+.
too tired, see lah type also got problem.. (Pink, i saw 1.56cm)

went to frend's plc, since her gal only 1 day older than K, had the same food for lunch & Dinner. so fuss free, then need to brg food!
but, i think i very TERRIBLE MUMMY coz not only she had her jab yest, lunch got 2 new items - chyse sim & tofu.
so when i bathe K at my frend's plc, saw red patched on her body, hands & legs!
think she got be suffering from tofu- allergy! after bath then only apply CB calunda lotion
sad.gif

i open K's bank accunt after her manyue. think she got 3k+ when i opened collected from all the angpow. then all transaction stopped!
sad.gif

only dec i top up for her coz feeling tiny bit generous. i open in POSb, coz i was thinking when i hapi, juz IB over. easier mah!

oops i also haven't open account for her.

i bought her a saving insurance thingy in Msia. i pay about RM4K every year for ten years. then, she can get some $$ (RM2K) every year after she is 10 years old or older. she may decide what to do with the money then. Will opt for the withdrawal after she is 20 or so.

SQ, hee. i siao liao.
i booked a genting room for this sunday. so confirm going liao.
happy.gif
finally... its cheap woh, RM80 for a night, delux room at 1st world hotel.

so far i kept angpow for tian and i used up all her $$. cham. I'm very bad in finances.

oh? a house?
steady bbgirl.
maybe i should buy a bank stock one day, then keep for tian. if grwo then she will have a house. if not, then will get a doll house. haha!
happy.gif

Back