(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

puipui..no worries...thanks for sharing the experience though...
think the pain is normal as long its not those unbearable one...if unbearable better see the gynae fast...

ivy,how to predict the gender??? think pig or dog still ok lo...its still our bb

hi,

I'm going to be a Dec mummy too
happy.gif
Its my 2nd pregnancy. This week is my 6th week, can't wait to see baby's heart beat this saturday too.

Geri

oh berry you can go to motherhood.com, go to predict gender. key in your chinese age and the month you conceive they will predict for you. give it a try..

hi geri...congrats... we got another dec mtb...hee...your 1st bb is boy/girl?
ivy... i try liao... baby boy...dunno how true also...hehe

hi berry, my first is a girl. We want a boy this time round, and we prayed and believed Jesus for it, amen for our heart's desire to be fulfilled.

anyone is a christian here ?

Thank Ivy. Our initial plan is to hv a pig baby but i miscalculated and got pregnant this mth instead so now a doggie lor..

By the way, i am confused by the Chinese Calendar thingy. If I am a rabbit, how old should i be this year in Chinese calendar...how abt the chinese mth then? Dec MTM should conceive in Mar according to english calendar. How do i convert that to chinese calendar in mths?

nevermind lah... doggie also good. if you look at the chart.. from next month onwards until nov of this year.. rabbit most likely will have girl.

rabbit should be 32 in chinese calendar and i uses English calendar as month of conception as they never specify it should be chinese calendar so i assume it's English.

berry, just found out that it should be base on Chinese calendar. So you are right. Hi rabbit mummies, it will depend on when you conceive on the chinese calendar (Feb or Mar). So it could be boy or girl. Sorry for the confustion.
But don't take it to heart k... as long as our bb is good health can liao...

haha.. this is so confusing.. but I am ok with either a boy boy or girl girl..as long as my BB is healthy..

Hi Galz...

Thx for all the welcome...

Hi Pui Pui...

I read some of yr posts under the IVF n Dr LC Foong threads...I tink tat u r really brave n strong...it takes a lot to overcome wat u hv been thru...

Hi MBB...

If u dun mind...can u share the recipe wif me...but I tink we shld b extremely careful abt the types of herbs in the 1st tri...dang gui n shi quan da bu tang r def no-no...

Hi Geri...

Im a Christian too...

Re: Bb Gerz n Bb Boys
When I was TTC-in...my hb n I wanted a ger so much...esp my hb...he still does...but after I got preg...I really thank God if I m able to carry my bb healthily to term...regardless of sex...there is so much to worry oredi...w/o addin more to it...I m gettin paranoid at the slightest tink...

Hi MBB,

can share the soup receipes ? now having a sore throat, called my gynae, whether can take lozenges like strepsils or pi pa gao..she advised not, asked me to see her or a GP ..may give antibotics...realise when pregnant there are many food / medicine can't take...did you all avoid any type of food ? i was advised not to take spicy stuff..

Hi Hi

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Think Dec MTB are all very active. Just posted yesterday and surprised to see so many postings already.

Okasan,
Fyi my gyna is Tan YG at Raffles Hospital. Looks like no one is going to the Raffles as I guess is still a pretty new hospital. Both my sisters gave birth there n i like the environment and accessibility.

Me also feeling nauseous but never vomit anything yet. Dare not eat too full or oily food now. But still got a bit of constipation and gas problem. Any solution?

Gave up cooking on my own which i used to enjoy on weekends. Too tiring and I don know if i will feel like eating the food by the time i finished preparing. Sigh...

Hopefully i can go by natural provided baby is not too big. Depending on circumstances will ask for epidural if too painful. But my hubby says i sure need that cause low pain threshold ;p

muahchie, definitely allergic to ga. la sometimes causes reactions, sometimes not. during the d&c for my last pregnancy, the anaesthetist gave me an injection during op to prevent puking. i din puke, but i was practically unconscious 6 hrs after op. d&c r half hour procedures, usually pple check out after 4-5 hours of rest. my op was at 10am, i regained sufficient consciousness only at abt 6:30pm. the gynae, anaesthetist, nurses were all in my room trying to find out what's wrong with me. managed to walk out of the ward only at abt 7pm. last one out of the day surgery ward. if i do a c-section, i don't think i will be awake or well enough to feed my baby for at least 24 hrs. cannot imagine not seeing what my baby looks like for 24 hrs.
lame.gif

ivy, thanks for the pointer abt the exhibition. r all of u going? r things there really cheaper?

hi rnjt,
my gynae said no soft cheeses, no raw foods, no steaks unless well-done, no alcohol, limit coffee/tea/coke to 1 glass a day, milk must be pasteurised.

Hi Rnjt

Oops...no strepsils...I took many strepsils durin my 2WW...when I was hvg a sore throat...

Hi Och

Jus to add to the list of "no" food...eggs muz b cooked...cut down on preservatives incl bacon n ham...

Fizz, do agree lor... as long we can conceive with a bb...gender is not impt..we muz take care of health too...in order to have a healthy bb...

yipee..think not so good to cook now as 1st tri will experience fatique, MS etc...

och, wow u really sleep alot leh... is the pushing really that painful?

rnjt and fizz,
i shall post the recipe here once i got it translated. there's more veriety for 2nd trimester. so will post those instead.

ivy,
i am a christian too.

geri,
i will be delivering in Raffles hospital too. are you taking up the package?

for those who cant take milk like me, gynea suggest soya milk instead.
and i suggest bird nest.....yummmy!

sorry....yipee,
i am delivering in Raffles too.

tis thread is so active! it's kinda difficult for tis "sotong" queen to follow. pls excuse me hor
happy.gif

hi Fizz,

remember mi?? from the thread "A place from TTC". knew u were also pregnant tat time. but didnt see u in nov or dec mtb thread. finally see u here. we will share our experience for the next 8plus mths..

MBB, i'm attending New Creation Church you lei. Bird nest, cannot take so early lei. Must be when you are 3/4 mths then can take it. You better check with the chinese medicine hall. Most "bu yao" cannot take so early.

Och, i will go and take a look but not too sure if the things are really cheaper.

huh.. last sat my MIL "du" birdnest for mi to eat.. but wifout chinese herbs like "ginseng" shld b okie hor..

i love my mom's shi quan duck soup. now also cannot eat liao.. sianzzz..

my ms n tireness is getting worse liao.. tis morning i practically dragging myself to work..

Hi Serene...

*Wave*...

I rem u...yup...we can yak again...let's all hv a smooth remainin 8 mths ahead...
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
The tread is really moving very fast. Cant really caught up liao. I personnel prefer a BB girl but hubby prefer boy. However, both of us agree that BB is a gift from god and health is more important than anything
happy.gif

yipee, here's what the mayo's clinic guide recommends for constipation:
1) eat high-fiber foods, including fresh n dried fruits, vegetables, bran, beans n whole-grain foods. prunes r especially recommended (personally, prunes hv always been amazingly effective for me).
2) eat small frequent meals n chew well.
3) drink plenty of fluids, especially water. aim for eight glasses a day. drink water before going to bed.
4) exercise.
5) iron supplements cause constipation. if prescribed iron supplements, take it with prune juice.

fizz, thanks for the reminder. forgot abt eggs. as for medicine, cannot take accutane which is used to treat acne. actually a few acne drugs that hv large doses of vitamin a cannot be taken. aspirin also cannot be taken, especially in 3rd trimester.

berry, think u r mistaken. i din deliver my last pregnancy, it was a missed abortion (no heartbeat) at 10 weeks, so i had to do a d&c, which is where the womb is scraped until clean. most pple know it as abortion. had to go under general anaesthesia (ga), but i dun take ga well. i will either puke for 24 hrs or sleep thru 24 hrs, it has nothing to do with how difficult the op was. hence i'm going to avoid doing a c-section, cos i don't want to be unconscious or so unwell that i cannot see my baby for 24 hrs.

ivy, how come bu yao cannot take early har? very blur abt these things. my grandma already made me bird's nest with ginseng a week ago n said i hv to eat them. my hair dresser told me to drink more bu stuff now, cos baby gets all the bu. i'm v. confused now.

morning ladies~!
been busy meeting my work deadlines as I'm nearer to my EDD
happy.gif

hope I have everyone in the list and updated

kao_cheers.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">December 06 MTBs</font></font>
kao_cheers.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="aa00aa">Name</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">EDD</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Gynae</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Hospital</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och</TD><TD>02-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>yipee </TD><TD>04-12-06</TD><TD>Tan YG </TD><TD>Raffles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie (dogggies)</TD><TD>05-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>07-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene (cloubhappy) </TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger)</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>fizz </TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MBB</TD><TD>14-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Geri Zoe (sweet_heart) </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

morning ladies...

och,
I have terrible constipation. Dont have such problem before preggie. Will try drinking more prunes juice
happy.gif

Okasan,
Do take care and update us on your delivery
happy.gif

och, i'm v v sorry abt the mistake... i think my gynae told me no tonics at this moment...after 3 mths den take...if i'm not wrong,baby only absorb from 3 mths onwards... but i think bird nest are safe...without any other tonics...

take more fruits &amp; it will help in constipation... take cereals with milk too...i dun really like milk... but forcing myself to take now...

okasan...thanks for the updates...u r so great here...hehe

Good morning Ladies..

Jackie,
I also hv bad constipation initially but it is getting better now as i eat more fruits and less heaty stuff..taking milk does help for me too..

Hi Galz...

Hv u all told yr boss abt yr preg...I jus told mine tis morng...gotta explain my 1 wk mc...

Fizz,

I hv not told my boss yet. Planning to do so only when pregnancy is about 12 weeks..

BTW, do u ladies get dreams more often now? I seems to dream more nowadays..whether they are good or bad dreams...

Fizz,i got 2weeks mc from gynae that time..so i got to tell my boss &amp; explain...

dey,not sure abt dreams part...coz i am a person who always dream...

but i find that i became more forgetful than previous...

Hiz

I was surprised to see that the posting is so active and overwhelming!

I was feeling so giddy and nausea yesterday afternoon that i had to go and take a long nap.

Have been on MC since last Thur and i am really worried abt wrk piling up and coming deadline to meet.. haiz..

Hi Yipee

I am oso visiting Raffles Hosp, Dr Joan Thong. I jus went for the first appointment last Sat and is still considering whether to take up the antenatal package. It seem very much more expensive compared to other pte hosp such as Mt. A. Wat do u think?

Cheers

irene,juz rest at home and don't think too much... work can do later when u r back... but you have to rest more now...

hi shihui,congrats... so when u gonna see a gynae?

Hi berry

I realised that our EDD is the same, 8 Dec 2006 and both of u are so horse.
happy.gif

Do u all think i shld be more careful with the giddiness? like could it be i am short of iron etc?

hi irene,thats so coincidence... our edd is the same...
me horse too... think giddiness maybe coz lack of iron...maybe u would like to tell ur gynae abt it?

Och - Thks for the info, very good pointers.
"bu Yao" duno lei, i also quite confuse now. Chinese and English perspective is different. I think for me, i will try to get a well-balanced diet. Like include veggie, meat and fish in all my meals. When i feel hungry during odd hours, i will take fruits, milk or cereals. I will also eat whatever thing that i crave in moderate amount.

Serene, don't worry about work. If it's really urgent, other colleague will be able to help. So just concentrate on resting well. I feel good rest is the most important thing for us now.

okasan, thanks for compiling the table.
happy.gif

berry, no problem. din realise shouldn't take tonics in first 3 months, so blur.
lame.gif

dey, hving more vivid dreams is quite common. for my last pregnancy n this one, i had many dreams too. yesterday, i dreamt of choosing colours for the spare room. haha.

irene, some giddiness is expected in this stage cos our blood vessels r dilating due to hormonal changes, but we haven't produced enough blood to fill the blood vessels yet, so the blood pressure going to our head is lower. compounding reasons r low blood sugar, since pregnant women need more food, or anaemia, since babies start to absorb our iron to produce their own blood, or hot showers or environments. best to seek ur gynae's advise. take care hor. if feeling giddy, must slow down or take a rest.

welcome shihui. hv u decided on a gynae yet?

Oh my God, the thread is going so fast, i'm losing track.

Hi berry,

Yes, i did have natural birth.

Hi Ivy, yap ask and it shall be given
happy.gif

Hi Fizz, mbb, glad that i've found so many christians here
happy.gif

I will be delivering at thomson medical, my gal was there too.

hi shihui, congrats
happy.gif

ya serene, don't worry about work now, you need more rest than anything else.

i don't really take veggie / fruits, it doesnt seems to appeal to me now, maybe i'm not really interested in them now. And can't take too much too, once it hit the limit, have to stop, if not i feel nausea.

hi okasan,

thanks for compiling the list too, if not wrong, i should be in mid dec, but no dates finalised yet. My gynae is Dr Lawrence Ang of Thomson Medical.

Feeling really sleepy, trying to keep myself alert at work.

My appetite dun seem very gd at times...can oni finish haf of wat I used to eat...

I always hv the involuntary habit of doin cat stretches a few times durin my sleep at night...tat is...stretchin my body...wif my tummy sucked in...wonder if it is alrite...the tink is...I do it subconsciously....

och,save it after 3 mths den eat tonics... hehe now eat more nutritious food will do... build up own health..i like to eat junk food...so now try to cut down... eat more protein, calcium stuff...

geri,i think lawrence ang is v popular... many pple in forum using him too...he had a clinic in sun plaza right?
how much did u spent during your last delivery?

Ivy,
i am attending the Pentecost Methodist Church in Pasir Ris.
you are right. chinese and english have diff fast rules abt pregnancy. especially the food part.
once a chinese pysician told me tat pregnant woman should not especially 'bu'. it may confused the system due to so many changes in our body.

chinese soup and bird nest is already part of my diet before i am pregnant. so i shall juz carry on.

Irene,
i am also getting giddy spell more often lately.
since i am on MC, i am taking things slowly and try not to worried too much. btw, may i ask how much does the package cost in Raffles? the price was not mentioned on the website. tkss.

having to go to work may not be a bad idea.
i have been staying in for a week and it's not too healthy for me.
last night, i started to cry for no reason.
i am actually feeling abit low right now.
not having my family with me (i am not s'porean) and IL dun seems to care much......

ohh, i hvae loads of dreams too! most dun make sense.

Shihui,
welcome! welcome!

Okasan,
tank u so much for taking time to compile the chat! u go gal!!!

berry,
ya, during 1st tri, baby dun absorb from our food intake...tats why those who have serious MS, also dun have to wrroy abt the health of the baby...that's how prefect nature works
happy.gif

start eating tonice at 2nd tri, where your baby starts to absorb...2nd tri is impt coz baby is developing his organs....

Back