(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

hi dey,

u also got tat feeling huh.. i oni feel it yesterday evening in the office.. tink 2molo i will voice out to my gynae since i m seeing him.

Pui Pui, me too me too! I also dreamt that I was bleeding when i was urinating! For me, it wasnt an omen, cos I had that dream after i really was spotting. Guess its just my fear manifesting itself in my dreams. For my last pregnancy, i also craved for meat, and its a boy. :)

For fish, avoid those with high mercury content, such as swordfish, and also those uncooked ones like sashimi to prevent food poisoning. If u can take fish, its also good to choose oily fishes such as salmon & sardines.

hi gals,

i oso think i worry too much, now trying to practice my mind to think less..will be seeing a therapist soon though..cause i have alot of fear and anxiety so my husband feels its good to get profeesional help to cope as 9 mths is way too long to worry..not good for baby as well..

glad tat dreams are just a manifestation of our thoughts..jus so frightening! haha, still have long way to go before i know the gender, so looks like have to wait paitiently
happy.gif

thanks muahchie abt the fish recommendations, will keep tat in mind and try to eat more fish
happy.gif

puipui,
why bother yourself with things that yet to happen or will never happen....

dun worry too much....always remind yourself to have positive thinkings....mother's mood will affect baby....if u worry a lot, baby can sense it
happy.gif

hi ladies,

may i join the club?
my EDD is 14th Dec. tis is my first pregnancy.
may i noe if any of your gynea suggested blood test?

Happy Easter

hi MBB,
Welcome and congrats~!!!
kao_babydust.gif

what kind of blood test u mean? do u mean blood test to confirm your pregnancy? or u mean those antenatal blood tests to test for HIV, Thalassaemia, Down's syndrome, etc?

kao_cheers.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">December 06 MTBs</font></font>
kao_cheers.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och</TD><TD>02-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>05-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger)</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MBB</TD><TD>14-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi gals,

have n embarrassing question to ask..i had sex with my husband and got an orgasm..is it safe for the baby? jus wondering cause heard tat we should avoid sex throughout 1st trimester..not sure if orgasm are safe as well, esp since baby is still developing?

hi akasan,

sorry for not making my question clear.
yup, i meant antenatal blood tests to test for HIV, Thalassaemia, Down's syndrome, etc.

cheers.

Welcome MBB! My gynae had not suggest any blood test yet. Do we need to do blood test for HIV, Thalassaemia and Down syndrome so early? I tot it is when the baby is about 20 mths?

Puipui, i searched on the internet for this topic and it seems it is ok to continue with sex as long as u do it carefully and avoid violent movements. But i did hear from older generations that sex needs to be avoided during 1st trimester.. hmmm...

puipui,
u should check with your gynae as he/she knows your condition well....for low-risk pregnancy, sex is ok...orgasm don't affect the baby's development....

however, at the 3rd tri, I heard that orgasm may trigger early labour, not sure true or not lah
happy.gif

MBB,
yupz, u will have to do the blood test to test for HIV, thalassaemia, etc......as for down syndrome test, it's optional....for me, I opt out of the down syndrome test...

hi gals,

Visited my gynae tis morning. i can see my bb heartbeat. so happy.
CRL (embryonic crown rump length ): 0.45cm
EDD: 7 Dec 06

Dunno y the edd change again. If the edd is really on 7 Dec 06, i will b celebrating my bday wif my bb.. so happy our bday on same date..

Hi MBB, i hav asked my gynae when i will b doing all the blood test. He told mi the blood test will be done in the 3rd mth of pregnancy.

hi gals,

for those who had the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting". may i know who is the author? I saw one in popular selling at $29something.. the cover shown an angmo preggie woman wearing white top. I dunno whether isst that book?? The title is abit similar. but it talk more on the food expectant mtb shld eat. I haven bought the book as i dunno whether is the correct one.

hi berry,

u also went for appointment today right? how is it?? able to see the heartbeat??

serene,
EDD will change as baby grow older...afterall, it's an estimated guess of the due date, so it's based on the size of the fetus...hence the reason to change when fetus grows....

as for the book u asking, the author is heidi murkoff, arlene eisenberg &amp; sandee hathaway. the cover is a angmo preggie woman wearing pink long sleeve top....popular should be selling at abt $21 if I'm not wrong....

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">December 06 MTBs</font></font>
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="aa00aa">Name</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">EDD</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Gynae</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Hospital</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och</TD><TD>02-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>05-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>07-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger)</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MBB</TD><TD>14-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hey serene, ur EDD is v near to me... i went gynae today and dr told me bb is well &amp; normal...heartbeat strong too... so happy...
wow ur bb is gonna have same bday as u...
the book i bot it 29 at kino..but the woman is wearing blue top,white pants..author heidi murkoff... maybe got a few versions...
okasan, u got tat book too? i almost finish all except the behind food part..

welcome MBB...congrats...

puipui80,my gynae actually told me not to have sex during 1st tri..not sure whether true or not...u might wanna ask ur gynae...funny i also had a dream few days ago that i bleed...

Just came back from shopping, bought mustela stretchmark cream from Robinson after seeing good reviews...got 15% discount! Went to Kino too.. Saw the book " what to expect when you are expecting", think got two different version, saw the same title with two different covers, selling at $29 iirc...

berry,
I got the book when I first knew of my pregnancy...already finished the book when I was in my early 2nd tri....now reading books on childcare coz near to delivery date liao..hehe...
happy.gif

I bought mine at Times, at $21....saw it at popular, also at $21 if i remeber correctly...

dey,
I'm using mustela stretchmark cream too....during the babyfair at expo, there's a 30+% discount loh....

remeber to apply the stretchmark cream early...coz such cream are suppose to improve our skin elasticity hence reduce stretchmarks....

but do note that genes also play a part loh...sometimes, even if u use such cream, will still have a lot of marks coz genes loh....

another way to prevent stretchmark is to watch the groeth of your belly...suddenly growth surge in you belly size may leads to stretchmarks too....

okasan,

Is there another baby fair coming? 30% is alot! I think one tube can barely last till 1 mth if we r to use twice daily. Must stock when there is promo! I bought the specific bust support too. My fren complained about breast sagging after she gave birth and i worried will happen to me too!

The growth of the tummy should be gradual right? They should not be any sudden surge in belly size unless u put on too much weight?

puipui, the fishes that r strict no-nos r shark, swordfish, king mackerel or tilefish (also known as snapper). there's a more kiasu n comprehensive list here http://www.babycenter.com/expert/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/2657.html. for most fishes, it mainly depends on where the fishes r caught n the level of pollution they hv been exposed to. sadly, no such data of the fishes sold here. nowadays, as n when my ms lets up, i eat fishes with small mouths. hee hee.

congrats mbb. i went for the Thalassaemia, rhesus factor, rubella n hepatitis tests b4 i got married. had not taken the hiv n down syndrome test yet. i thot the down syndrome test is taken in 2nd tri?

wah serene, so nice to hv same b-day as ur baby. my husband's b-day is v. close to yours. he's hoping our baby will be born on his b-day instead of the edd.

dey,
the tube can last quite long leh....I only start a new tube recently and have been applying it since 1st tri....btw, we also need to apply the cream after delivery for another 1 mth....during the expo fair, I got the large tube at $39 (usual is $55) so save a lot loh.....

yes, there's a Motherhood fair at expo in may....we are all hoping that this fair wun disappoint us...hopefully there's lotsa discounts...
happy.gif

belly growth can surge at the 3rd tri because in the 3rd tri, baby is gaining weight...during the 1st and 2nd tri, baby is developing the organs hence wieght gain is very little.....

och,
down syndrome test got a few types, namely, Triple test and NT test....triple test is done at 4th mth while NT test is done much earlier at 1st tri....

okasan, mustela stretch cream good? i bot elanycl galenic at guardian liao leh...
how early can we apply?
oh is there a baby fair? okasan,how early u went to get your baby's stuff?
also how much weight u have gain so far?

och,my hubby's bday near to my EDD too...so many pple's bday dec... hee

berry,
I think mustela not bad...but there's also a lot of recommendation on other products....can't comment much coz I only use one product so far
happy.gif

yes, the fair is organised by motherhood...seem to be a big one...in may at expo....

I start buying baby stuff only at 2nd tri....dun buy anything during 1st tri coz still consider unstable stage...

I knew of my baby's gender at around wk 16 and that was when I bought the first item for my baby, a set of clothes....after that, I start my research on the things to buy and the brands, etc...but no purchase made....

at around 5th mth, then I start to make bulky purchases such as playpen, stroller, etc....

then during the taka fair and baby fair at expo (in mar), I settle most of the things I need for baby....

now in my 7th-8th mth, I'm more or less done with the preparation for the arrival of my baby...

to sum up:
1. dun buy things in 1st tri as still unstable
2. start shopping in 2nd tri when u are still not too heavy...in 3rd tri, very tired to shop liao...also at 3rd tri, baby may pop anytime...

so u going the fair?
keep us updated when's the fair..hee...
u reminded me something..have to get playpen,stroller...did u get a bed for ur boy?
i also think now unstable stage..i only intend to get some bb stuffs after my 3rd mth...

berry,

I also saw elanycl galenic at Robinsons..but I chose Mustela cos it is specifically targetting at the pregnants so i find it safer to use during pregnacy lor..the instructions said it can be used as early as pregnant so should be ok to start using now. If u are interested in buying now, can go Robinsons..they r having a 15 + 5% promo till tomorrow.

BTW jus now me and hubby went shopping around the baby dept, looking at baby cot. The salesgirl is looking at us weirdly.. prehaps I dun hv a visible tummy yet.. will most prob start shopping in the 2nd tri when my tummy is bigger, moreover by then should know the gender.. easier to shop...

dey,
maybe i finish elancyl first..buy liao dun use wasted leh... my friend used to use that when shes preg...

i think right now our tummy still small... v soon everyone will notice we r preg...i haven went baby dept b4 also... later stages lo...
my nxt visit will be 4 weeks later...how abt u gals? heard the package can only start after 16wks? and package doesnt include medi and blood test etc...
okasan,how's Dr Adrian's package?

Berry,

My next visit is this coming sat. Can't wait. I want to hear my BB's heartbeat...

BTW, what does the package consist of? Is it a must that we sign up package?

dey, dr told me bb's heartbeat strong i so happy that nvr ask her whether i can hear or not..hah
but she show me the pic can see my bb...

its not a must to sign package but package will be cheaper lor for my case...since the consultation is exp

berry.. u got the pic already? Has the sac grow much since your last visit?

I hv not asked about the details of the package..maybe i shld ask for more details in my next visit..

dey, ya i got the pic... ya the sac did grow... 1st time i cant actually see anything yet...now can see the outline clearly...
v glad gynae told me the bb is growing well..was quite worried these 2 weeks...

Berry..

I think i will keep worrying untill i hear the heartbeat...getting really paranoid..

okasan,dey,berry,och...

thank u for your warm welcome
happy.gif

i paniced becoz my gf had all her tests done before she starts trying.
i kinda plan for this pregnancy but din expect to hit jackport so soon.....am abit "lost".

berry,
may i noe how much is your package?
my gynea is with Raffles and her consultation is a bit ex. currently doing my homework to cut possible expenses.

puipui,
i read from books, that it's totally alright to have sex in our 1st trimester. so dun worry.

i am using the Clarins tonic. i heard from my colleague that Palmers are good too and it's cheapest in Watson, M'sia. even cheaper then in Canada.

MBB, i nv had tests done also leh...

my package is 500 but exclude medi,blood tests etc...but only can start the package after 16 weeks...

how much is ur clarins tonic?i heard its good but kinda ex...

i haven started applying yet... any1 started? im only in my wk7...

hi berry,

i got the Clarins tonic fr DFS at $55 (i got 15% discount)
i started applying once i found out i was pregnant. very kiasu (becoz i am old leh). but i suggest you should start to apply asap.
no guarantee that it's foolproof but no harm lah. juz treat it as moisterizer lah.

your package is a good deal. becoz my first gynea visit already cost me $120.
i have to go on unpaid leave very soon. so really have to cut down expenses.

Serene,
U got mail..

MBB,
Welcome to dec MTB club..

Ladies,
I almost fall down on thursday and immediately at night see some spotting. Was so so so worry. Lucky by friday morning no more spotting but got the pulling feeling. Today is back to normal. Must really take good care of myself infuture. Cannot be such a clumsy MTB.

Puipui,
I read from internet that it is ok to have sex in 1st tri but some doc will advise against it lor. I think so long as no big movement shld be fine
happy.gif

good morning Jackie,
thank God tat you are ok!

oh boy....my MS is killing me.
i have gas/bloating problem before and now it's 3 times worst. haiz...

MBB,
I saw good reviews abt the Clarins Tonic too but it is quite costly. I have bloating problem too and MS seems to be worse.

Jackie,
You need to be extra careful now. Glad that u r ok now!

Hi Jackie, oh no, pls be more careful, ok? : )

hey ladies, i guess most of all feel the need to visit the toilet rather often at nites now, do take extra precaution to make sure that there is no laying objects on the floor.

got a question to ask here. should MS be a regular thingy? sometimes i got it throughout the day but sometimes it dosent strike at all. when it does nt strike me, i will start to wonder if bb is alrite?

berry,

if I haven't give birth by then, I'll go to the motherhood fair loh...din get a bed for my baby...just a playpen...i have a lot of friends whose babies reject sleeping in cot after 4mth old, so cot become white elephants....I'm planning to let baby sleep in playpen for 3mth, then let him sleep on mattress on floor after that...no worries abt him falling off the bed..hehe...

Dr Adrian's package is the best...he can start the package from day 1 till delivery...standard package with ultrasound, urine test, blood test and medication loh...$550 for the pre-natal package...very worth it loh...my friend who went polyclinic to check up and was a subsided patient also commented that my package is very worth it....

MBB,
I also never have any test before pregnancy....don't worry too much
happy.gif

pokemon,
MS may not be regular loh...when I was in 1st tri, I also sometimes feeling good and sometimes MS very bad....sometimes, MS maybe trigger by food u eat so if u happen to avoid the food that day, so no ms loh....

jackie,
do be more careful...
happy.gif

hi gals,

thanks for all the advice..wasnt sure if safe to have sex or not and esp orgasms..i have been monitoring and so far no cramps or spotting so quite assured but i think i better avoid it till i give birth cause i have to go for a cerclage at 14 to 16 weeks to stitch up my cervix to prevent any premature opening so will have to avoid any sex till birth..

my appetite is really big now, i always seem hungry and my amt like always not enough, have to ask for 2nd helpings..but i tend to get slightly more nausues in the evenings these past 2 days..so much like my 1st pregnancy so i knw the vomitting will hit me in another 2 to 3 weeks time...really dreding tat period but as long baby is safe, have to tahan
happy.gif

Hi everyone

Me also a Dec MTM. EDD is 4 Dec. Going for my 2nd appt next week which should be the 7th wk. Hopefully can see BB and hear the heartbeat this time
happy.gif

I think can start applying anti stretchmark cream from 3rd month onwards. During my pregnancy I used the cream bought from motherworld. Very good cos it reduces the itch. But it's not really cheap...about $50 per tube that time(3 years back).

hi Yipee,
welcome...i am also new here.
will go for my second check on 28th. hopefully, i will get to hear heartbeat by then (ard 7 wks).

thank you ladies, for reassuring me abt the blood test for down syndrome etc.
my fren juz lost her twins and i became very kiasu.

trying to relax more.

ladies,
perhaps, we can meet up at the fair in May?

kao_cheers.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">December 06 MTBs</font></font>
kao_cheers.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="aa00aa">Name</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">EDD</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Gynae</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Hospital</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och</TD><TD>02-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>yipee </TD><TD>04-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>05-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>07-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger)</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MBB</TD><TD>14-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back