(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Jackie, Pokemon,
same here... whe i noe my bb got jaundice, i was feeling really down.. tt time, the onli thing on my mind is "feed bb regularly" so tt bb will poo more n reduce jaundice lvl.. but due to jaundice, bb was so lethargic tt he kept refusing to latch on... at tt moment, i was so lost... den i juz cry n cry...

QSG,
i checked mrs wong's book liao.. did the calculation n realised tt bb is okie..
happy.gif
for his weight n age, he shd be drinking 540ml a day.. so he's doing fine so far...
happy.gif

Vanessa,
really? it crack sideway? i thot if i dun fill up full, the milk will hav space to expand upwards... :p

realised tt bb poo aft every feed.. den poo amt so little onli.. was wondering y he can't consolidate n poo less frequently.. :p

interestingly, when i introduce bottle last night, bb take without much hassle.. den today he can still latch on.. dunnoe if he can continue this way anot..

Pokemon,
Indeed it's not easy..... When I start bottle for my no. 2 at 2 mths, it was very stressful, she simply reject it.... no choice I jus need to jus leave her with my mum n let her accept it slowly... she was on nursing strike during the few days after I return to work.

Shihui,
I also dunno whether if it will crack side way, I'm jus taking pre cautious nia. U introduce bottle early at this stage.... but dunno if ur boy will take into liking for bottles, cos bottles r easier to drink....

indeed stressful. on the 1st day when i bottle feed FM during the midnite feed, she was so angry! she drank 20ml, rejected. feLL asleep, woke up crying, drank another 30ml, pushed away, sleep, then cried and in the end gave in to her hunger and drank another 50ml. i think she was also testing if i would gave in and offer my breast to her... frankly, i almost gave in and offer my BM when i saw her eyes looking and pleading at me but i noe i cant if not it would be harder on her when i get back to work. bb are smart. they are well trained since in our tummies! HAHA.

Hi bobianah,
tried to relax, dun be stressed. initially, I also got no milk supply for the first few days but tried to latch on cos the more one latch on, the more let down reflex is it. now, I have oversupply of dripping breast milk instead.

before my massage y'day, I have expressed out my milk manually (took 1hr). but bb dun seems to drink it when hubby and my mum spoon-fed her (previously on the first 3 days, she was fine with spoon-feeding) so in the end, she cried and once my massage completed, I immediatley attended to her.

heard fr my massage lady that stressed not only caused little produciton of milk but also the thickness of the milk. that' might explain why my gar get up frequently during the night the past few nights.

same here with mum issue.... mum always think they correct (even tough they are wrong). told her to wash her hand after diapers change (esp poo) but she said hand not dirty. hai.... so in the end, I dun throw the diaper for her, she ownself go and throw so that she will wash her hand. hai..also passing a lot of nasty remarks that I listen till I pek chek.... and cried. she think everything I dunno....

so jia you, latch on yr bb, but before the feed, try to massage the nreast so that it will be soften and then proceed top massage the aerola and nipple in u and c shap position. that's how I learnt the bf skills fr KKH nurse before I was discharged.

hi, im reporting for today...
happy.gif

Just went to see gynae yesterday to check my stitchings...he said doing fine. Brought bb to show him too.
happy.gif
He very nice, listen to everything we had to say and gave me a gentle caution that i must be prepared for more teary eyed days, but not to worry cos it is not PND.
Wah, like Chang, we are going to miss our gynae, cos he and his staff all very nice and caring. :p

geri
i hvnt even start thinking abt full mth celebration...scared oredi! will hv over 70ppl. Think mine will be early Jan.

Qianhui
yah lor, i hv been showering n washing hair since day 2 in hosp...but still got BO! I m so glad it's raining these few days...

shihui
i m oso expressing to bottle feed. Mine very complicated...i latch bb, feed her EBM, then feed her formula. This is becos my milk ss is very low...range between 20-50ml only...usually morning 50ml, after that will dip... I really envy you, hv 100ml.

Everytime latch bb, she likes to fall asleep. Think she latch for comfort only and don;t latch very well oso... mouth open only very small. I spend half the time trying to wake her. But with bottle, she super on and finish the milk.

bloom,
haha, that's a good one! I wish i hv the guts to say it tho! :p I am doomed to be zoo exhibit for now.

Haiz, I really very sian, my house like public place in the evenings. I appreciate someone standby with me during the day to help me and oso to watch bb when i express BM. But in the evening hor, so many ppl very sian. And I can't possibly tell my own parents not to come rite? Since i gave birth they have been coming EVERY NITE to see bb...they even ta bao or cook their own dinner and bring here to eat!!! Wonder how long this will last... Then, last Sunday, wah, early morning come oredi, my hb not even wake up yet. dunno come so early for wat, and never tell me in advance. Haiz...really ah...like this is their own house lidat. This coming weekend is Christmas and New Year oredi... must slowly hint to them not to come over during weekends, I think hb, bb and me need time on our own to bond.

hi vanessa, need to ask u something again.
i let bb zz in her playpen which is in the living rm in the day and nite time, she zz on my bed.
sometimes when bb nap from 5pm, she will wake up ard 7plus to 8 in her playpen. by then the sky is quite dark liao so i would want to feed her in my room to let her noe it's nite time. will bb be confused whether its' day or nite during the transition (ie she wake up in the living room which is lighted then when i carry her in my room which is dark)?

hi shihui, guess all mummies are the same... last time not mummy yet always hear other parents say bb got janudice and my comment would be "aiya, jaundice is very common among asian bb mah"

now mummy already the feeling is totally different. then realised how insenitive i was before...
happy.gif

Pokemon,
For this I'm not very sure leh...some bb can take the transition very well, some can't. But I guess all this is how u train ur bb to accept it lor. Just make it a routine, think she will be able to get the hints when it's nite n day lor.

Hi MBB,
same, same, my mum also passed the same remarks too saying how 'wei da' she was last time etc. she also dun understand too, critize all my thing (utensils and food (like the 'dang guai" I have in the fridge etc not gd). I also felt like screaming to her but I did not. everything she said was right, no pt argue with her.

so yr mum is doing confinement for u??

Hi Shihui,
maybe u did nt latch yr boy properly. instead of letting him take the aerola, yr boy took the nipple, that's why u felt the pain.

for the fiest 3 days, my nipple is sore and on the 4th when my milk supply came in, I used it to wash and massage it on the nipple. it took 4 days for the nipple to heal.

anyway, jia you...

I also felt pain in my lower area. i have double stitches still have not healed yet.I just washed it with tap water plus dettol.

Shihui, your bb very good leh, one week old can sleep for 6 hours in a stretch at nite
happy.gif
I store and freeze my EBM in glass bottles for my first bb and now so far didn't crack and like you said gonna leave some space in the bottle.

vanessa,
hmmm.. ijuz hope my ss will be able to meet bb's demand if i din latch him on... hai~~ my SIL juz told my hubby tt express oso.. den 1mth later, her ss drop till nothing.. hope mine won't.. isit tt if i express at 2-3 hours interval regularly, ss shd be there?

bobianah,
wah.. urs really very complicated leh.. :p me dunnoe if mine will be always this gd anot.. afraid tt supply will drop...
sad.gif

pokemon.. ya lor.. last time heard pple say bb jaundice, i juz tell them phototherapy can help.. :p

QSG,
oppps.. paiseh.. missed out one feed at 2.30am.. heee~ :p no wonder i was wondering how come he slept for 6 hours.. heee~ :p

For those who introduce bottle feeding to your bb already, does your bb get nipple confusion? I brought bb to c paediatric just now and expressed some BM beforehand. When he was hungry at the clinic, I tried to spoon feed him. my boy boycott! his mouth actually close up and show me the "tu tu" face. I am thinking of introducing bottle to him but worried abt nipple confusion. When is the best time to introduce bottle?

Karen,
BMSG guideline is to start introducing bottle when bb is 6 wks old. But alot of patience is involve. I very kia si, I don't dare to introduce bottle now, cos I find that pumping is more tiring...
happy.gif

hi ladies,

so tired... i've been trying to read all the posts but bb kept crying....

she became very restless after the full mth celebration... aiyo... now her feeding and napping time all haywired liao...

seems tat all i've been doing these two days is feeding her and rocking her to sleep... by the time she fall asleep, it's like 10 min and then it's her next feeding time liao...

i've skip thru a few posts and seems tat a lot of mummies are under stress also... neber mind... we will survive!!!.... everyone keep telling me the fun part will come soon... let's keep our fingers cross!!!
happy.gif

Vanessa, oops i thought can introduce at 1 month old, hopefully no nipple confusion.

Karen, how old is our bb now? Previously i introduce bottle to my bb out of convenience (dun dare to bf in public if no nursing rooms)end up she got nipple confusion then from then onwards i have to bf through expressing. If can tahan, try to delay introducing but it depends on individual babies also. I got many friends who during the confinement wanted to rest so daytime latch on and at nite ask cf lady to bottle feed and have no problems.

hi calynn, hang in here...

at times when she is very cranky, i really hope that time will pass by faster so that this difficult period will be over soon... but when i hold her, i wish that time could freeze so that i could cuddle and keep her in my arms safe, forever...

i keep reminding myself she will grow up just too fast, i better treasure the time now... this reminder will help keep my temper in check.

aiyo.. boy boy is suckling for comfort again.. tempted to switch him back to latch on again... :p

n he poo again aft we changed him... aiyo..... sim tia my pamper... n with the bad weather, the nappy not dried yet... sian.....

ladies,

me report late today. v happy today cos bb slept well last nite n whole day today. din fuss at all. n she only woke up twice 4 feeding last niet so i managed to catch a total o 6.5hrs o sleep. considered q a feat. tink rainy weather v nice 2 sleep so she sleep more... heh heh...

so today feel v energetice n manage to clean up e kitchen. oso considered a feat! so happy w myself. MIL came n was surprised bb's grown so big n she's v happy. can c she tinks bb's v adorable. she oso demo-ed to us how 2 bathe bb single-handedly. so happy, later no need to bathe her liao... brought tang yuan n lotsa food + tingkat servings v big... later can eat until puke... ha ha ha!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

afcai,

ya lor. act bcos it's our own mother, it's harder to deal w. must subtly n slowly hint 2 her. n they tend to get more semsitive n such. my mum's those kind who won't hesitate to show she's hurt one. but thruout e few mths o pregy, i already hinted bit by bit. so now, i tink she's a bit upset but still offered to help me distribute full mth cake tmr so i feel q glad. there's a kinda distance b/w us now but bobian lor... now we oso haf our own family which is our priority...

dun b miserable lah. one mth wld b over soon. tink o how soon ur bb wld grow up n play w u.
happy.gif

shihui, bobianah, qianhui,

looks like u all haf a prob w too many 'guests' hor? i dun haf such problems. early early i already told my frens not 2 visit me cos we'll b v tired if they come. asked them to wait till bb n parents r more settled.

my aunt msged me tt time to ask if bb's been discharged (tt time my mum was overseas). i told her yes but asked her to do me a favour n nt visit. cos we're nt settled yet. i dunno if she's offended but she replied n said she won't tell anybody bb's discharged then. when my mum came bk n appeared at my place w no advanced notice. i told her cannot like tt, must tell me b4hand cos this place doesn't belong 2 me alone. she noes my hubby has a temper n he oso black faced her liao. so fr then, she nv visited again. tink word spread ard tt we're quite 'hostile' so nobody dared to visit. heh heh...

after tt i did do damage control lah. smsed my mum n told her she's welcomed anytime, just let us noe b4hand. n tt we're v happy taking care o bb so she dun need to worried. after tt, she nv interfere again...
happy.gif

gan,

hiyoh! dun misunderstand hor! some bbs just haf e very dong3 shi4 look, like v guai1 like tt. tt's wat i meant.
happy.gif

yap, me in sembawang, blk 472. wat's ur blk no? r u gonna b SAHM? cos me am gonna b n i tink it'll b nice to haf another mum to talk to n share tips. but hor, sembawang really lao kok. they shld tear down tt stupd sun plaza... absolutely nothing to shop!

pokemon,

agree. altho everything must hands-on n trial n error, i act. feel better like tt. tink if i kena naggings fr parents or ILs, i'll go crazy no matter if they mean well or nt. i wanna b able to take charge n take care o bb my own way. maybe bcos i've already lost precious 1st 2 wks o bb's life to bond w her cos she's in special care. when she came out, me n hubby wanted to do everything ourselves. every single activity is bonding time so we cherish them a lot. remembered we used to rush dn to KK after lunch everyday so tt we can feed bb n bond. once, we waited v long a cab n were running v late. i's crying on e cab, v scared tt by e time we reached, bb ate n asleep liao.... when we reached there, e nurse already feeding her, i buay tahan started to cry. luckily e nurse only fed halfway n i got to finish e feeding. like v trivial hor but v impt 2 parents.

sometimes i really dunno if i'm doing e rite thing. tt's y i've 2 ref bks n wld always chk e internet too. now tt i c her grow so big i'm more reassured. bbs r hardier than i tot!
happy.gif

Vanessa
I think i read from BMSG website that to introduce bottle by 4-6 wks rite? ok...will try to tong till then. My boy having prolong jaundice now. really worried. Dr suggest i stop all ginger and chinese herb but continue bf. But i wonder if i should give him FM (which would mean bottle feeding since he boycot spoon feeding) to reduce jaundice level...or maybe send him for phototherapy.

Qsg
my boy is 15 days old now. i also don't dare to bf in public le, that's why i expressed BM before bringing him out. Really surprised to see him showing me his "tu tu" mouth.
lol.gif
Actually i prefer to latch on directly, so troublesome to express.

hi kimi and gan, you at sembawang also?

me also staying at sembawang blk466. so nice to noe ppl staying ard here going thru the same thing as me! heehee...

agree, stupid sun plaza long time should vanish liao.

shihui,

diapers get soiled so fast hor! so now u using pampers to standby? me oso wld sim tia man. after e few days o constantly changing n washing diapers, hubby got fed up n went to buy a few more packs. tink we've 50 or 60 cloth diapers now. also bot more nappy liners...

tt reminds me, must quickly use e free samples cos bb getting so fat liao. later e pampers premium cannot use so wasted...

calynn,

yep yep! hang in there. it'll pass. wah! full mth made everything haywire ar? so scary. hope mine'll b fine. mine is on coming sat. my gal can sleep thru anything one so i hope she won't get disturbed. keep my fingers crossed.

hi karen, as long as your bb continue to poo and pee, it's ok... BM bb takes longer to recover from jaundice. mine is 6weeks liao and only starting to recover.

i fully breastfd her for 1 mth.
only recently then start intro FM on bottles for nite feeds.

Hi Vanessa Lu,
same here, I also encountered the the problems for the past few night, my gar always fell asleep after few mins feed and no matter how I tried to wake her up but she still sound asleep.

as for the express out milk, did u give the milk thru bottle feed? I have express out milk manually and tried to spoon feed her but she refused to drink and cried.

I also pissed off by my mum remarks too saying I got no milk and supplment with FM. she also passed other remarks too.

do u know how long does the stitch below heal? it's been abt 12 days since given birth, my stitches still painful so have to sit side way.

is it normal that lochia has 'stopped' seems a bit only eary due to bf?

Hi Karen P,
my gar also got rashes under her lips and chin. I did not wipe it with water, only wipe away the milk on her lips and chins.

thanks pokemon,

i know wat u mean.... when she's sleeping peacefully, i look at her with so much love and wonder why i didn't have her earlier...

when she's cranky.... i start to wonder why i gave up my couplehood!!!! ha ha
happy.gif

no choice lah...

Hi Kimi,
ya lor... with everyone touching her... she managed to sleep thru the celebration... only became cranky the following day... dunno izzit the house suddenly became too quiet and nobody poking at her... ha ha... hopefully she settle down soon...

try to put yr bb in a room and close the door, bring visitors in to see her yourself and avoid letting them carry and pass her around...

afcai,
sama sama.... when i was bfeeding... kenna stress by my mom all the time... keep telling me i didn't feed the bb enough... tat's y the bb losing weight... etc etc... then keep making me drink the dom and eat ginger when i told her cannot... xian...

my gal got rashes also.... on her neck and chin... tink coz i bottle feed so i cradle her neck and she sweats a lot...

the stupid CL told me coz i clean her too much...

so pissed off with the CL... everytime i put my bb down to sleep, she'll go and disturb her... make her wake up..... keep telling me i'm not doing things correctly.... the other day, she shove my bb's hand inside her mouth to make her stop crying... so angry tat i told her off....

so happy she's going off tomorrow liao... but worried about housework and food.... dunno if i can live on Mac delivery everyday!!!

ha ha....
happy.gif

pokemon
thanks for sharing. today his jaundice level is 280. Dr say this is prolong jaundice and asked me to bring him back for review one wk later. he asked me to cut out all ginger and herbal stuffs le. i don't mind cutting out ginger but the medicine hall told me must take the herbal stuffs everyday to pu le. My gynae commented that i look pale.

Hi Calynn,
yup. told my mum that I'm bf so need to cut down ginger and also must boiled the dom instead of consuming directly. dunno why for what reason cannot eat chicken for the first wk, she never believed me till the mom of the mummy from my next hosptial bed told her cannot eat then she stopped cooking. she assumed that I'm know nothing.

yup, my gal also sweat during bf.so I wiped her sweat also. where ggot clean so much logic lead to rashes one? ai-yo..

is yr CL older lady type or?

wow, mac fastfood will made u fat man......so yr confinement ending???

hi karen,
it's very distressing to monitor the level. my bb was hospitalised for 3days... then we have to go back do the blood test every 3days after discharge... her level like yoyo, up down, down up... whenever they draw the blood, my heart oso bleed. furthermore, it was confinement month so hormones chnages made it even more hard for me.
i was told to cut out ginger and herbs so i basically cut them out halfway thru my confinement.
i oso work extra hard at feeding her and monitoring no of times she poo.. until wk5, pd suggested doing the blood test for liver. now she wk6 i can see the improvement (maybe coz i intro FM for nite feed when she wk5).
your bb is 2wks old rite? just sun her whenever u can. doc said can oso on the light at home at nite. for now, as long as she poo and pee, can continue BM. until she pass 1month liao den u see how she is.

hi calynn,
i actually ordered tingkat for lunch and dinner after my confinement... no choice.. with bb hard to go buy food... somemore hubby work shift so cant depend on him to da bao for me everyday.

as for household chore, i try to do the less time consuming ones like laundry, washing. for mopping and cleaning i am engaging a part time helper to come once every 1-2weeks to clean up the entire house and toilet.

so much money spent but no choice lah.. first few months are difficult.

pokemon
ya...indeed very stressful to monitor. the thought of sending him to hospital or the risk of jaundice made me sad. i think i may call the paediatric tomorrow and try to rent the UV light machine to sun him at home (heard from friends that there are places that rent the machine). i think this will ease my mind a bit.

How do you work extra hard at feeding her? my boy can sleep quite well la. wake up for feed every 3.5 hours. i was hoping he can wake up more often for feed so that he can poo more. sign...so many moms here wish their bb sleep longer, yet i wish mine sleep less and eat more. just hope he can recover quick.

Hi Kimi,
fir ne thruout the preg, I told her not to buy any bb's need. if she buy, she will anyhow buy.

yup, she also luv to cuddle her whenever she cried. sometimes, my gal cried bec she maybe have a dream. I just pat her and she sleep. I told her not to do that as this will lead to a habit and will be hard for all of us. but she still do that.

anyway, she always think she is right in her thinking. one of the time when she helped out in hanging the cloth diaper, hubby told her that the diaper need to remove off those 'mao mao; thing and do it out of the window. then she made a lot of noise saying that later she fell out of window how etc....she did it inside the kitchen which has lot of food there. my hubby nearly quarrel with her but just let her win and took over the hanging job.

Pokemon, which caterer you ordered your tingkat lunch from?

Karen, when my bb have jaundice, i still take ginger as the PD said is okay but got to hold back on the herbs so for first 2 weeks i din really take the herbs subsquently i take it on alternate days during the confinement. My bb's jaundice cleared by the 3rd week.

Hi QSG,
I have inner and external stitches. MO stitched my 2 veins (which burst initially and lost lot of blood during labour). then he stitched the external tear.

now still painful....have to sit sideway, dunno when will heal.

wondering the lochia become very light and nearly no more. dunno is it due to bf.

Hi Pokemon,
acc the LC at the antental class which I attended, she mentioned that during the transition from bf to bottle feed, muumy themself cannot do the bottle feed. one need to ask another person to bottle feed bb. reason being that bb is smart enough cos she smell the smell of the muumy.

but this might take time too.

Afcai,

Same, I got internal tear
sad.gif
4 inside some more..

Though my external tear more or less is ok liao (but cannot go and stretch it ==> cannot poo too hard)

The internal tear is still painful at times...

Doc said inside us got 3 folds.. I dun really understand what she saying, but anyway, bout 3 wks later, need to go and chk again, she said will do pap smear.. I hope by then inside can heal...

qsg
for the sake of my boy, i think i shall forgo all ginger, herbs and alcohol la. more worried abt his health than my own. now i finally understand why mommy is the most wei3 ta4.
lol.gif

Hi Vanessa Lu,
oic, so yr da feng cao still usuable, I mean date have not expiry yet?

for me, I have my bath since sun loh, these few days kept on raining so did not bath, only dried bath (use towel to wipe).

wow, so yr no 2 wanted to drink, gd then. even I expressed my milk manually with hand but my gal dun wan to drink. f

aiyo.. talk abt bathing hor, me 1 week din bathe liao.. onli use da feng cao to wipe wipe onli.. luckily weather cool cool these few days.. but my body odor getting fr bad to worse.. hmmm.. wondering if bb will rem my body odor anot.. heee~ feel so bad when i direct latch him coz he will be sniffing my body odor at full power.. :p

Hi Qian Hui,
hmm... oic...NUH charge birth registeration cheaper man...dunno why KKH charge so expensive..

wow, u really felt very energertic during yr confinement. can somemore go out and shop. I felt restless man....stitches still pain after 12 days.

Ladies,
Jen pop liao..
happy.gif
bb gal salinna popped @ 6.05pm, 3.26kg, natural with epidural... bb's fine but Jen is down with fever....

Hi okipoki,
thks for the wishes. what is yr little gar name? yup, these few days is rather moody. also restless maybe bec stitches still pain and uncomfortable. will take care of myself. when bb slept during the day, I also slept to replenhish the lack of sleepness night.

dunno why maybe mammy poko not suitable for my gal cos use the sample and my gal got some rashes on her bottom. pamper premium which is provided by hospital 9of cos chargable) is ok. now trying the sample of huggies, seems too big for her but still ok. today, my gal started using the pureen dry 5, have not attended to her yet so need to monitor if it is suitable or not.

so the 6-in-1 jab only required 3 jabs (2nd mth, 4th mth and 6th mth), am I correct to say that? where is SG baby & child clinic? private clinic pr SGH?

hospital did not provide gkass bottle. hmm, I just use those thick thick paper and place on my breast to absorb. those are foremilk. bb usually drink foremilk and then sleep. have to give her the hind milk on her same feed on the same breast,

oic, my fren told me she needed to go bck to remove the external stiches after a week. now my stitches sill pain after 12 days. felt so uncmfortable.

these few day, my lochia is only a bit only. dunno bec of the effect of bf or not?

also my gal's cord dropped 3 days ago. her belly button seems like got black thick dirt on it. dunno how to deal with it so I think my mum just leave it alone.

Hi Qian Hui,
oic. I also dun dare to poo too hard. sometimes, I can control my urine, it leak too. need to do pelvix execerise once stitches heal.

Back