(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Babyblush,
Thanks for uploading the pics ahh! Wow, Chloe was sure excited meeting Zavier... So cute!! It looked like some studio photos leh. Haha... We should show them when they grow up in future and would tell Zavier this was his very first girlfriend at age 7months! Haha...
happy.gif

Dumbger, not sure why but I find that it takes very very long to upload photos onto yahoo leh. Gave up last night as was so tired, went to bed first. Would try again tonite
happy.gif

SWIMMING GATHERING IN SENG KANG
any mummies interested? All mummies are also welcomed.

Venue: Rivervale Crest (Beside Rivervale Mall)

Date: 17th June (SUN) or 24th June (SUN) Pls indicate your preference

Time: 10.30am

Activity: Swimming of cos! and makan at Rivervale Mall or somewhere else later after the swimming session cos all mummies and daddies and babies should be famished after that!

Attendance:
1. Stacey, Hubby and Brandon
2. Babyblush, Maid and Chloe
3. Pama, hubby, and BB
4. Babygal_1,kenise
5. Jaline, Dragon and Nouvelle (17 June)

wahahahaha!!! so cute!! shucks...looks like Chloe taken by Zavier liao, cayden got to look for others!!
kao_laugh.gif

actually hor, i find that at night it takes very long for me to upload to yahoo groups. plus upload liao but there's nothing there! i tot it was my computer problem cos at home i use Mac mah. so it looks like the problem lies wif yahoo.

Hi

any baby here drinking Dumex Mamil Gold Follow-on Step 2? Just went to Causeway Point coldstorage this morning, found that there is a new packaging with hard cover for Step2. Any one know what is the different between them? The price is more expensive than the old packaging. So I bought the old one.

Also bought the little swimmer diaper for my boy. Nowadays he is so excited when he saw the pool. So must bring him to swim again lor!

bearyhugs, dumbger & mousy_pig

It also took me quite a long time to upload the 3 pics last night. not sure why.

bearyhugs, if u go into yahoo grp, the photo includes your hubby and mine.

I told my mum about Chloe's behaviour around boys and she commented that when i was young, I was like that too! Something about me hugging some random toddler at the shopping centre when I was 3. ??? guess we learn new things about ourselves and our babies everyday. hee hee.

SWIMMING GATHERING IN SENG KANG
any mummies interested? All mummies are also welcomed.

Venue: Rivervale Crest (Beside Rivervale Mall)

Date: 17th June (SUN) or 24th June (SUN) Pls indicate your preference

Time: 10.30am

Activity: Swimming of cos! and makan at Rivervale Mall or somewhere else later after the swimming session cos all mummies and daddies and babies should be famished after that!

Attendance:
1. Stacey, Hubby and Brandon
2. Babyblush, Maid and Chloe
3. Pama, hubby, and BB
4. Babygal_1,kenise
5. Jaline, Dragon and Nouvelle (17 June)
6. Hurray, hubby, & Danessa (24 June)

Peng, I'll be there too...since its so near to my place....

Date : 7 Jul Sat
Venue : Punggol Field
Time : 2 pm onwards

Pls list down attendance

1) Serenemeow, Hubby & Jun Kai
2) Hurray, hubby, Danessa

Hi, I'm not sure if shichida is good... will go there and see how.
There is no trial class conducted.
I think I paid 1K plus. $780 is the cost per semester. Then they charge a membership cost plus parents education seminar plus a deposit. Can't remember off hand how much...
but add up to more than $1K

The deposit is to guarantee admission to the next semester and if you dun give them sufficient notice to withdraw, it will be forfeited.. somthing like that.

twendy, yes, the class wil be at Toa Payoh

i have a colleague who sent both her boys to shichida. during one of the company family days, i had a chance to meet her boy, think he is only about 4 or 5. I was very impressed at how clever and articulate her son was. he spoke good english (not singlish), and was telling me all about great white sharks. really fwah!

Wah...great white sharks ? Babyblush, me noe nuts about all these myself...at 30 plus years old..kekke...

Elmo so ex ar...den my SIL bluff me. SHe tell me per mth 200plus only. Wat the???

let me dig out my shichida receipt tonite, then post the details here.

YES, elmo!!! we are in same class!!! yippy, i got company!!!

i just checked... I paid $1476...
780 ( 1 semester) + 290 (parents) + 50 registration + 300 deposit + GST

the 290 parent can refund I think... but forgot how liao...
ongoing need to pay about $780...

pa&ma, 1 semester is 3 mths... so there about lor...

wow chloe and zavier so cute...if i not jie mei for my fren's wedding on that day i will surely go one...but at least still can go for the kindermusick provided i can arrange for my colleague to change shift with me. sigh

bearyhugs

yr baby so fast can cruise around liao? so good ...mine now still exploring...hehe

i made porridge for her yesterday put pork and potatoes then stew for a few hours but i din blend it cos i dun have blender...my mum in law says gabby finished it...tot it will be too thick for her cos din blend but after tat she din want her milk...today din make porridge for her let her eat brown rice in the aftn and she drank afterwards...so weird duno if its cos she like the porridge better cos it smells and taste better than brown rice and milk...she very tum jia cos whenever she sees us eating she will want to eat...her mouth movements will start...so cute...

Hi Karin,
See u ard for the kindermusik class. Yah, Zavier can cruise in his walker round the hse.. quite tiring though cos he wants to chase after ppl n u know when the walker bump into your legs, they hurt man. Got to childproof some of my furniture too.

Babyblush,
I showed the photos to my family n they all found the two so cute too. Hahaha... would sure update these photos onto Zavier's blog.

dumbger, I still cannot upload my photos leh. Try again later. Sigh...

Elmo, wow, u sure spent a lot on the class hor. Let us know the reviews n see if its worthwhile going.

pama, guess if we wanna bring out the genius in our kids, we have to start learning ourselves. I was at Motherhood exhibition the other day and got stuck at this booth where the company was trying to sell Disney books and encyclopedia. Something like 177 books for $2K plus! Look thru the encyclopedia and found so many things that I didn't know. Felt so dumb after the hard-sell cos the guy kept asking me if I know this and that.... hahaha.. oh well. Didn't buy la, my house got no space for 177 books!

thanks karin. will see u at kindermusik too!

ya elmo, let us know after you try the class. Can consider signing up if good... I saw this ecc course which is rather similar during the motherhood exhibition at $138 for 2X. Rather tempted since its more affordable...anyone heard of this ecc pre-conditioning course for 0-2years?

Hi Mummies,

FYI, Nestle is giving away a $38 goodie bag that contains a NAN 3 follow-up formula (900g), hippo plush toy, powder dispenser and a set of 3 bibs tomorrow between 11am to 3pm at OUB Centre Walkway.
Mummies, in order to collect the goodie bag, you must remember to bring along your child's birth cert and any empty tin of formula.
(But I saw a lot of people working in that area just give the baby's birthcert no, never give any empty tin to the Nestle Staff to collect the $38 goodie bag)
NAN 3 is a follow up formula for baby fm 10mths to 3 years

yep, that's the cost breakdown, as supplied by elmo. 1 term is 12 weeks, in b/w terms, got 1-wk break. it's not just about $, it's also abt time commitment, cos got to diligently go for class every week. can only plan major overseas trip during that term break.

the initial cash down is very sim tiah... but going forward, it's $780. So, not as bad....but still alot of money......big hole big hole...
The course manager say it takes a while to see the effect......and don't expect to see result in an academic way.... cos it's not for that.
it's something like "Opening up" the baby senses.... know what I mean... for those who wants development... then go for other courses.. cos this course will not teach you to do maths for e.g.....
a bit different... so I'm also not sure if it's good... will try and see how. :p

somemore got to do homework for 20 mins everyday. pengz!!

elmo, twendy
Wah thats a lot of $$...now first one can afford..subsequent kids where got so much $$ to pay for all the children. Wah piang..reallie muz tink of "Fa Cai" strategy liao.

Babyblush
Aiyo there is reallie alot of tings we do not noe in which the children might even have better knowledge of. Scary rite..goes to show how poor our knowledge are even at our age. Children's brain are amazing oone.

Kindermusik no more slots ar?? i wan to join oso no chance liao..so sad.

Peng's hse gathering i cant go liao so sad. Hb tell me got some family day at my sil company. Sian leh. 7 July is our ROM anniversary leh. FED up...so the bo sim one him..sob sob..only tell me oooo celebrate at nite lor..we going SENTOSA leh..so damn hot and we not single anymore..lugging a bb wholeday at sentosa..by den sweaty and tired where got mood to celebrate. GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

elmo,pa&ma,
Do agree that these days, baby lessons or courses are really ex man. My HB was jus joking that I should go learn the Shichida class so that I can switch jobs and start teaching it!

Pa&ma, aiya, now with a kiddo, diff to celeb anniversaries already. Two weeks ago when it was our wed anni, we had to ask my MIl to come in to babysit on Sat evening then both of us can go out for a nice dinner and movies. But that is like once in a blue moon lor.

bearyhugs,

haha i was shortlisted for interview to teach at Shicida Method last month. Went down for interview but in the end declined them because I have to work on weekends. That would mean no time left for Brandon and my hubby. So i turned it down.. i also wish that I could learn and teach Shichida so i can teach brandon also....

pa&ma, ya lor!!!.. bo bian..... got to cut down on other things to pay for all these.... but I like to buy!! faintz!! now with this, I got to cut cut cut....
hopefully 2nd kid can teach ourself. :p say only!@ 2 kids plus work... where got time? got to see how to squeeze!

bearyhugs, ya! ya! So ex!

stacey, wah! what's the requirements har?
and pay? wat kind of working hrs? also got rest time in between can have time with kids?

bearhugs, we tot of bringing our little one for all our celebrations...even romantic dinner muz include her..kekeke..chaos man. I tink no chance to watch movie ..only DVD at home wen she napping. so kor lian man.

Elmo, i oso love to buy...buy buy buy all machiam eating into my savings..siao liao...with only schichida class already go broke..den ballet, piano, phonics ,tuition..wah..declare bankrupt liao..cham..kekeke

Baby Gathering

Venue : Punggol Field (Peng's hse)

Pls list down attendance

elmo, the working hours are wed-sun, 9am to 6pm. working on sats and suns without extra pay. haha rest time in between classes, gotta prepare materials for next class..so i doubt will have much time to spend with my hubby and brandon. will be quite sian for me..

requirements arh..i guess intellectual ability? lol! i also dunno. cos i was required to take some tests to test all aspects of your IQ and skills.

Baby Gathering

Pls list down attendance

3) Stacey & Brandon

Those that order CB cream...only 17 tubs delivered. Below are those earlier "orderers".

> PM-5
> BBGAL-2
> DM-4
> PENG-2
> RKJK-1
> JALINE-1
> SHIRLYN AKA FLOWER77 - 3 (Only 2 instead of 3tubs)

The Vpost charges : $39.96 based on volume. No discount for the UOB card for vpost charges as I had used up for my own drugstore purchase liao. Current vpost promotion is still from UOB but entitle to 1 time use only.

S$39.96/17 = S$2.35 per tub. (dun scream at me for so ex ar..cos shipping co share by so few tubs and they charge based on vol instead of actual weight.)

BBGal - 7.18X2tubsX1.58 + 2.35X2 = S$27.39

DM - 7.18X4tubsX1.58 + 2.35X4 = S$54.78

Peng - 7.18X2tubsX1.58 + 2.35X2 = S$27.39

RKJK - 7.18X1tubX1.58 + 2.35 = S$13.69

Jaline - 7.18X1tubX1.58 + 2.35 = S$13.69

Flower - 7.18X2tubsX1.58 + 2.35X2 = S$27.39

wah shishida class so expensive $1476...
, machiam my 1 month salary leh.

wah you all very rich leh. I think i have to ask numa to sell his backside at Serangoon, then can afford the payment.

In the end, the destini cream is meant for numa (will will have sore ass) not Owen anymore.

I think got to order CB cream for numa liao

Hi stacey, so Mon-Tue is rest day replacement for Sat-Sun?
Must prepare material? I thought the material should be provided liao? Actually quite siong hor to work on weekends.

Pa&Ma, I dunno if can sustain or not...cos if not got to give up other enrichment class liao... NO MONEY! :p

MeiLik, hahahha.... you so funni!
happy.gif

mei lik
I told my hubby so many babies attending different courses n our Zhelei didn't have how. My hubby asked me to teach him myself. I said: "I am old lor, cannot teach n cannot tahan. U clever, u come back to Singapore n teach him lor!"

But ask me to spend thousand over dollars on the course even I can afford I also heart pain, hehe!

actually, the class is not just for my gal, i can also "train" myself! maybe i can turn into a genius at mid-age?!?! hoho...

wow, maybe i should go tell my hubby abt the details of being a shichida teacher. when attending the pre-talk, i did tell him this is a possible career option. stacey, how much the pay hah? this is a very impt decision factor.

Elmo - same same, yesterday me tell my hb about the class..he says siao ar..so ex..give it a miss..wah me heart broken..no supoorter. siao liao. dunno how..if i insist sekarly he tel me to pay myself. headache.

Yo Anouncement to make...Ahem...(clear throat)

Lao niang leaving my current job on Friday and will be eating my grass at a greener pasture next monday..so, dun miss me hor..I might be less active in forum/msn liao ..sob sob..gonna miss all the juicy updates. Muz rem me hor...
happy.gif

CB COLLECTION

BBGal - I can pass to GM if u cant meet me

DM - Better hurry and book me for kopi session

Peng - Anytime

RKJK - AMK

Jaline - Swimming session (together with shannon+LF)

Flower - Where u wan?

Hi Stacey,
I have a friend who's currently teaching Shichida now. Her working hours are exactly the same like what you mentioned. But like what twendy said, how much is the pay pay? Haha... that's a very impt factor cos I heard tat a lot are taking pay cut by being teachers. It seems that they pay lower for locally trained teachers leh. By the way, hav you completed your studies for your degree? Thought you were in REM right?

Pa&Ma, I don think I would include Zavier in our celebs leh. Wait eat nice dinner half way, he gets cranky n wants to be carried, so let down right? Need some private time ourselves else how to make no. 2? haha....

Elmo/Twendy, you two go and teach us Nov Mummies lah! Thanks in advance...
happy.gif

Baby Gathering

Pls list down attendance

3) Stacey & Brandon
4) Smiley74, hubby & Nicole (sorry MIA for awhile - been wanting to join in the gathering but no time) I can only reach there after 3 or 3.30pm Hope it is ok? :p

Sorry this is a bit overdue!

Gingercat (Ignatius @ 18/10/06)...........Siglap (east coast road)
Greybearie (Bjorn 21/10/06).. Jurong West
Jannie (Li Wen @ 23/10/06)...........Taman Jurong
dumbger (Cayden @ 28/10/06)..........Sengkang
Tiwi(Lucas 30/10/06).... Punggol 103
Jalinetdc (Nouvelle @ 30/10/06)......... Bukit Panjang
mrspiggy (Rui chuan 1/11/06) .......... Siglap
JovialGer (Cayden & Jaydon @ 1/11/06)
twendy (Lorraine @ 1/11/06).....Jurong East
TooTHSoME (Akif 2/11/06)... Jurong West
Sprice (Yang 2/11/06) ... Bt Batok
Shannon (Justin 2/11/06 & Jayden 11/8/05)...Jurong West
Bearyhugs (Zavier 3/11/06)
bbroom (Ashley @ 4/11/06) .........Bukit Batok West 385
June2006 (Sammie @ 6/11/06)......... Bukit Panjang
Serenemeow (JunKai 6/11/06) ......Punggol
elmo (Kate 6/11/06)..........Pasir Ris
Peng (Yuheng 6/11/06)..........Punggol 173
Yukee (Tasha aka Yuxuan 07/11/06)..Bishan
Nov mum (Wayne @ 7/11/06) .........Bukit Batok West 385
Chinchin (jeanette 7/11/06)....Punggol 638A
PPP (NianQi @ 8/11/06)........Depot Rd
Hurray (Danessa 9/11/06)......Punggol 641
Doggymum (Alyssa 10/11/06)......Telok Blangah
babyblush (Chloe 10/11/06)
mycrysania (Corum @ 11/11/06)...... Novena
pa&ma (hayley @ 11/11/06)..........Punggol 192
Smiley74 ( Nicole 12/11/06) ......... Pasir Ris Dr 3
Mousy_pig (Kaitlyn @ 13/11/06).............AMK
Apple (Avril @ 13/11/06) ..........Punggol 643
Stacey (Brandon @ 15/11/06) .............Seng Kang Blk 250D
rkjk (Ryan @ 17/11/06).............AMK
Berry (Kieran 18/11/06)...SengKang
Bunz (Jing Kai 19/11/06)... Old Airport Rd
Momo (Lexi @ 20/11/06)
Karin(Gabrielle @ 20/11/06)......Punggol 114
starmoon (Megan @ 21/11/06)...... Eunos
xiaoyang (Zhi Yo @ 22/11/06).......Punggol 162
babygal_1(kenise@ 22/11/06)telok blangah crescent/silat ave
Eileen (Zhe Lei 23/11/06)...Taman Jurong/Bt Timah
LuanFang (Darrell 23/11/06).... Katong and Pasir Ris
Gan (Hayley @ 26/11/06) sembawang
Pauline (Cayden 26/11/2006).......Bukit Batok 390
Scribbler (Jonas @ 29/11/06)..... Jurong East
Mei Lik (Owen 29/11/06)..Woodlands and Jurong West Central
Straw_berry (Owen 3/12/2006).......Hougang Ave9

Krisjoy,

We really 'tong bin xiang lian' ah...Me worse, in order not to waste, i always took the leftover stuff from my bb..

Jannie,
THanks a lot for the advice.

Karin and Jannie
Normaly which type of pork u use? I think should get something less oily, rite? FOr chicken, i know that chicken breast meat will be non oily part..how about port har? THose lean meat har? I will try to cook porridge again this weekend...so poor thing..U using normal potatoe or sweet potatoe?

Mummies,
Can teach me make veggie puree? Like using brocolli, spinach or watever? So far i onli tried sweet potatoe + pumpkin+carrot, pear and apple and avocado..

haha... agree with Meilik, too exp lah the course. At least numa's asset still worth some $$. My hb's one fully depreciated liao.

Yah lor babyblush
I was at Motherhood exhibition last Thurs too and that booth attracted me bcos of the interesting educational Disney books. I wanted to buy just one Disneybook, but the guy said must buy in package.. sianz

He oso asked me until I pai seh, alot of things I not sure. Think if I buy those books I will have to teach myself first loh.

Stacey
What's Shichida teaching all about? What methods are used ha?

Dunno got any mummy here buying the same brand of diapers not. The diapers my Owen uses is Prokids (Xiao Tao Qi), $10.90/pkt of 50pcs (M size), about 21.8cents per pc, tape type. Can last 6 hours for night sleep without leaks and is great for thunder thighs. No reddness. So far I only knew it was sold at Hougang in a shop called CK (near Kovan MRT). The demand is going up now and so whenever there is supply, got to snatch fast one.

xiao yang

I haven't start veggie puree. But I am thinking of either boil the veggie and mash it or blend before put into porridge. Or if lazy then dice veggie until small small & boil with porridge in slow cooker. Most likely I will use either brocolli, pumpkin or carrot... dunno feasible or not yet.

Hi LingX2

Adding you in :

Gingercat (Ignatius @ 18/10/06)...........Siglap (east coast road)
Greybearie (Bjorn 21/10/06).. Jurong West
Jannie (Li Wen @ 23/10/06)...........Taman Jurong
dumbger (Cayden @ 28/10/06)..........Sengkang
Tiwi(Lucas 30/10/06).... Punggol 103
Jalinetdc (Nouvelle @ 30/10/06)......... Bukit Panjang
mrspiggy (Rui chuan 1/11/06) .......... Siglap
JovialGer (Cayden & Jaydon @ 1/11/06)
twendy (Lorraine @ 1/11/06).....Jurong East
TooTHSoME (Akif 2/11/06)... Jurong West
Sprice (Yang 2/11/06) ... Bt Batok
Shannon (Justin 2/11/06 & Jayden 11/8/05)...Jurong West
Bearyhugs (Zavier 3/11/06)