(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

bearyhugs, i tried giving her more before night time, or even feeding her a later dinner. Nothing works. She would still wake up and ask for milk. I'm used to it already.

Mickey mouse!??? hahaha, that's scary. I think it happens to some kids. They should pass that phase. My colleagues' kids have night terrors, which are worse! They cry and scream like having bad nightmares, and cannot wake up.

2 hrs fun time!
happy.gif
today i stand outside to watch, quite choas to see 15 kids run around, some crying, climb table, bang cupboards hahaha...after reaching home bathe first then have his lunch, finish a big bowl porridge not enough! ate some cheesecubes, pineapples, b4 nap drink 6oz milk somemore!!

2045619.jpg
2045620.jpg

today Zhe Lei happily go to his playgroup. I stay with him for 10min n told him I going back. He was ok n say bye bye to me. After his class, he still singing the song taught in the class.
2045915.jpg

Peng
ZL's playgroup only have 8 children so more easy to handle. ZL also feel very hungry after the class, hehe!

Hi mummies, Ryan oso attended 1st day playgrp at apple tree today. YH & ZL so well behaved, can stay in the class alone. Ryan started crying aft 10mins so I gotta stayed inside thru'out the class!

hi Eileen

I also heard from my mum that Zhe Lei attended his class today mainly by himself..no crying at all..so steady..
I also hope Ashley will also be OK when my mum leaves the class.. ya..I think it was good that their class size is small.

ZL's uniform didn't look so big after all leh.. did you shorten the pants? Ashley's size M uniform is ok for her.

Pauline, which school is Cayden is? Edufarm at Blk 386?

bbroom
Ashley is also quite good in the class just she prefer to play by herself than with her classmate, hehe! She is very cute n when she saw me outside the classroom n keep saying hello to me. ZL's uniform is ok just the pant is a bit long, so I fold it up for him.

Rkjk, hehehe he knows i standing outside once a while saw me will call me, tomorrow i will leave him alone..

Eileen...ZL wearing size L hur? YH wearing size M
happy.gif

peng
ya, he is wearing size L because I found the M size shirt like a bit small for him. To save money incase he can't wear for long so I choose L size for him, hehe!

I let my MIL bring my gal to apple tree class. She is ok except she cannot sit still likes to walk around. When she saw me from outside, she will cry.

TH and Zhe Lei so good so independant.

Eileen,
ya loh..my mum also told me that..she only wanna join in when it's lesson time and time to sing song..

In fact, this is the main reason why we want her to attend classes ..so that she can get used to group work and playing with other kids. She gets along better with older people like my neighbours ah emm, ah pek and older kids.. heehee..it's interesting that our kiddos are going on another stage.. btw, this apple tree class is only for a year right? meaning they can only attend until end of this year.. izit har?

bbroom
That is also the reason I sent him to playgroup n want him to communiate with other children. Ya, the playgroup only for 1 yr. So we need to headache again where to send them for next yr.

guess i'm the only mommy here who oredi has a confirmed placing for nursery next year for my girl. hope she will be able to adjust to the new environment next year.

wow, all attending apple tree har. Aiyo, i still have to wait till april than can bring him to playgroup. PCF entry criteria is 30month. WHy no apple tree in my area...........

All toddlers very zhai and independent har. I predict mine will cry.

Hi mummies..

how is 2nd day of playgroup? today went to school to fetch him, can hear all the cryings inside! today no parents accompany their kids during the sessions. When open the door, the teacher will one by one bring out the kids to their parents, then saw YH munching an apple with a little red nose and teary eyes hahaha...the teacher told me he only cry on & off. The group only 1 little gal not crying the whole lesson! today he super tired after lots of crying i think, milk not yet finish doze off liao, dun even need me to pat him :p

hihi

me mia for long long time...today on course now having lunch break....

charlotte
your chloe so steady can converse and need not wear diapers to sleep...gabby is still doing her baby talk most of the time duno what she is saying and she only knows how to say single syllabus words....but ok lah...let her learn and pick things up at her own pace. every morning her diaper very heavy one....so much urine
she is recovering from chicken pox now its cayden's turn...he is having the symptons...think the next one would be me and my hubby cos both of us havent yet ....if this time lucky din get will go for vaccine....

i havent send her to any playgroup yet leh....duno she will be ok or not....do they allow them to wear diapers?

peng
yuheng looks like a big boy liao...zhe lei also...yuheng goes to the playgroup near your place is it? organised by the RC centre?

heard from hurray that danessa also speaks full sentences and very clever....

Hey mummies,

Owen oso wore that same red uniform and attended his first playgroup yesterday! His class has 14 kids, more boys than girls.

I got a bad headache aft tat. There were 2 boys crying almost throughout the lesson, many were wandering about with parents calling them, some banging boxes like drums, one girl screamed and screamed when irritated. A very noisy class, the teacher got to raise her voice and was abit hoarse at the end of the lesson, quite poor thing. Owen's behaviour ok except tat he's easily influenced. He will join in screams and snatch toys. I oso cannot leave him alone, he will point at me to come back.

hi bbroom

Owen sits on high-chair during meal time at my house, but not at my MIL house oso bcos he can have his way. In my impression, Ashley was quite good interms of motor skills and speech. Wah now can totally eat on her own so steady.

How u wash her hair during bathing time leh? Do u still carry her in the bb lying down method?

Karin...the apple tree is located at blk 101C, the PG allow to wear diaper one, we have to put one extra in their bag in case they soiled it.

peng

oh nearer to my place than yours...
happy.gif

but if really want to start will only start next month...can sign up like that right? dun have to wait for a new semester or must we?

Wah, peng,

Day 2 parents cannot go in liao ah? YH's group how many kids? I am confident YH can adapt very soon, he quite independent type.

I cannot imagine how the teacher is going to manage this group Owen joined. Anyway, the Appletree teacher here allows parents to accompany their kids until the kids can settle down on their own, so there's no limit.

errr... peng

I tried to spray some water over his face with a toy watering can, he easily gets choked and catching breaths. Can't imagine showering continuously leh.. I scared he will get phobia so thot of letting him be until when he's 3?

Karin...must see whether they got vacancy or not cos 1 class max is 15 kids for am or pm session

Strawberry...the teacher say can accompany for 3 days niah...anyway better to leave them alone sooner n they will adapt faster. hahaha all the parents today very brave just leave them crying n go off liao! does the teacher have another assistant to help her? ours have leh...

strawberry,
since ashley started to walk, I have been using the shower to bathe her.. just wash her hair with shampoo then shower the water off.. but my girl is very particular about water getting into her eyes..so i gotta wash the back and side first..then ask her to lift her head high for rinse off the soap in front..

Peng,
i also heard from my mum that many kids start to cry today because many parents didn't go into the room oredi.. Ashley's appletree quite flexible..they allow parents to hang around the school until the kid is settled down..

Hi Mums

I'm new. Need advice urgently....

Any good recommend playgroup for my this little daughter who is 26mths now (Nov'06) around our home at Clementi as still search high and low.....

Cheers
Kaye

Hi all,
Wow, so much comments abt appletree playgroups. Seems so popular really. Zavier's cousin (same age as him) is also attending one at toa payoh. He seems to enjoy the activities leh, heard tat first day yesterday already started colouring some apple pictures.

Babygal, me same as you. My Zavier now enrolled to Learning vision (Nursery 1), so he can continue with N2, K1 and K2 before he goes to Primary school. Rid of my troubles liao....

peng, bbroom
ya, today a lot of children crying as their parents not around. Zhe Lei at 1st is ok then wait till 1hr plus he start to ask me to go into the room with him. Think he was a bit scare see others crying especially 1 cry till vomit n the other one keep banging the door. And when I enter the room, Ashley was telling me everyone cry, hehe! so cute! They also given an apple each when back home.

Hi bearyhugs, Ryan oso attended Appletree in toa payoh leh. His is at Kim keat Rd.. wat abt Zavier's cousin?

Hi mummies,

Long time din log in liao.

Wayne also started his full day childcare in Agape Little Uni. He is in PG and will be transfer to N1 when he is 30 month.

So far he is coping well. First day I left the class ard 11.30 after he finished his lunch and 2nd day, I totally left him alone once we reach the centre. 3rd day when my hubby brought him to school, he cry a bit but is ok after the teacher bring him to class.

But today he is down with a bit of fever and cough so din go to class. This is the part I am most worried, children get sick very easily especially Wayne.

hi Wayne de ma

Is Agape a montesorri? Is it vegetarian? Not bad leh, Wayne is coping so well in such a short period.

I was shocked that my MIL left Owen alone at the Appletree class yesterday. Dunno how true it is, my MIL said when she reached there at 11am, she saw many kids crowding at the gate, some were crying, one was rolling on the floor in tears, and some burst into tears to see their mummies came to fetch them, but Owen was not among them. Then, she found him still inside the classroom, wandering around, touching the boxes of toys and gave her a smile when he saw her. That's not quite like him..

Hi strawberry,

Agape is not a Montessori school but i quite like their curriculum. The school is quite good to accommodate Wayne vegetarian food as much as possible. The aunty cooks vege soup with rice or brown rice porridge with vegetables for him. She try to follow the menu as much as possible for Wayne.

Hmm, he is coping quite ok, teacher say he can sleep by himself for 2 hours plus and play happily with his friends.

Owen is coping fine too..seems like he is very adaptable with new environment.

Strawberry...hahaha this morning very bad...a lot of kids cling to their mummy dun one come down, dun one go in the room...YH pull me into the classroom dun one me to leave! i sneak off when he not notice hahaha...when i go fetch him saw me cry loz...'MA MA wahhhh'.....

peng
today ZL's class only 1 indian girl crying but ZL refuse to let me leave the classroom. Then bbroom's mum n me see when they were playing n quickly leave the classroom. But later I heard ZL crying louding n shouting mummy open the door. He cried about 15min then stop but can heard he still came near to shout mummy. Feel so terrible but no choice have to leave him inside.

wah peng, u oso A-sai leh, ga-ga leave YH there alone to defend himself. But I believe u know YH can one right, given his brave nature. I do know it's good to let go early b4 they get too attached & refuse to mix around, but I would expect a week or so loh. 2nd day abit too rush leh. No wonder the kids cry until like tat, see oredy so heart pain.

hi Eileen

I was talking with Ashley over the phone earlier and she told me "Ashley never cry"..haha..my mum was happy that she is able to stay alone in the classroom by herself today.. hopefully will stay the same tomorrow =)

Strawberry...heee bobian loz...i quickly go off see no evil hear no evil hahaha...i ask my neighbour how long her kid cry when attend PG, she said 2 weeks!

harlow everyone
happy.gif

heehee.. suddenly our thread is alive when time to start the kids' PG :p

so envious of those kids going to sch liao... I'm still waiting... waiting for my mum to confirm whether she want JK to be at her house or mine.. cos my maid is coming next month and my mum still couldn't decide to ask the maid to go her house or stay at mine.. *faint*

Actually went to Punggol's Appletree and also by luck to sit in their orientation day... saw ah peng and YH oso :p
but my boy doesn't seem interested in Appletree.. maybe no colour wall pics to entertain him... when ask him whether he wants to go to this sch, he just turned away and say "yes" (back faced me). this is his sign of saying not really interested.

he's more interested in the childcare at my void deck.. everytime will stand at the door and peep in and then start asking me qns abt what the kids are doing inside...

I'm going to bring him to other PGs around my area and see his response... *headache*
In the mean time, let him continue his weekend GUG classes which I think he's oso getting bored with :p

Hi rkjk,
Zavier's cousin attending appletree at TP Blk 86 there, I think.

Bbgal! I was going thru the same terror phase like you when you first put your Kenise. First two weeks were terrible becos of separation anxiety. Now - 3rd week liao. Even after school, he would cling on to me at home, so afraid that I would be gone. Actually, Zavier was attending those 2 hour playgroups for 2 months in Sept, Oct 08 too. He was alright for the 2 hours, cried for a week then afterthat, ok. So I thought his transition to childcare would be alright, who knows. I'm back at work after my maternity leave already. This week, he surprises me with very good mood! He was happy all the way to sch n even waved goodbye to me n said "Bye Bye, Mummy. I wait for Ah Ma to pick me up" My parents would pick him at 4pm everyday, so its like 3/4 day lah.

Mummies, I totally understand your feelings. I was feeling so guilty for leaving my boy to cry there at first but after two weeks, can really see improvement. Think once they are tuned to the routine, it would be fine. At first, Zavier also kept asking me everymorning after bath ,"Mummy, Daddy, where are we going? I dont want to go to school, I want to go work with you." We would just keep quiet cos the more we say, the more he wants to cry.

Endure, Mummies!

aiyoh, my gal went to 1st childcare for 3 mths of 1/2 day. finally settling down, then we moved her to current 2nd childcare for full day, now 2.5 mths liao. she's still crying everytime i say bye bye to her in the morning. damn sian... she's an "old bird" there liao, still cannot get over it. even i also feel embarassed for her. but her crying spell only limited to that short time period after i leave her. the rest of the day will be fine. she's super happy when i go fetch her, can see her face BRIGHTEN up.

as for shichida, can see she's enjoying it, no sign of getting sick. in fact, everytime she sits in daddy's car, she will chant "saturday, go shichida". we cannot be bothered to argue w her anymore that not everyday is shichida day.

Back