(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Wow Jyyn,

you are making our saliva drop here..

When my sister is having her first son, she drank 2 glasses of Milk every day and milo in the afternoon, baby is very fair and with pinky cheek..the second one , now only 3 months..she said sick of the smell of milk..thus she never take every day...the bb turn out not so fair as the one first..

Then my hubby saying if take ribena, will bb turn out to be purple colour..hahha

hi gingercat
oh yes, i have oso bought bouncer liao. took advantage of the GSS datz going on lor so managed to save quite a bit....thought might as well get it when it is on sale lor. oh yah, bb grow very fast so hubby dun let me buy too many too...so far i think i oso bought abt 9 sets of clothing for bb liao.
happy.gif
my sis will oso be passing me some of my niece's clothes. howz yr shopping so far?

Anyone taking duphaston hormo tablets? Just bot from gynae at S$30 one box of 20pcs(expiry 12/2009). I stopped taking and has 17 tablets left, can sell at S$17, self pick at CCK MRT station. Interested, please email me [email protected]

Hi Jlyn, urs is bigger cos got 2 babies.... mine only one nia... and somemore my gynae commented that he is a chubby... i target myself not to cross over 78kgs. if not hard to shed later on.

Hi starmoon, so far, i only bought 3 sets of nite suits for baby, short sleeve blouse 2 pcs, long pants, 2 pcs, short pants 2 pcs, long sleeve one pc. My hubby went to buy a t-shirt for our son, with the slogan, " will work hard for milk" print in front and behind the t-shirt " Milk Milk Please!!" I see already cannot help to keep on laughing. Hahaa!! I also have 6 pcs of bibs ready, 3 btl of gripe water, 10 pairs of mittens and bootes, one cap, 3 pcs of towels with hood, 3 pcs without hood. I have not bought any big and bulk items yet... cos my hubby have not clear his book shelf away.
sad.gif
My friend gave me a stroller cos she had 3 extra sets of stroller at home. Ppl give her during bb full mth.

Hi all
I think we cannot liver cos' of the high content of Vit A. I think too much Vit A now is harmful to the bb... so that's why gynae and books usually advise us to avoid eating too much liver at this time. And as a general rule, we are not advised to eat uncooked or half-cooked food cos' scared of the presence of bacteria like e-coli or something like that.

does anyone of you know whether kids mall has a discount card scheme? how much do i have to spend before i can get the card? and how much will the members' discount be?

Hi Jlyn

So how much have you put on now? Wah.. from your current weight, guess you must be quite tall then...
should have enough space for babies to grow hor...

I'm only like 54++ kg now... cos I'm really small built leh.. hope my tummy can expand enuff...

Jovia, received an email fr u but blank page leh.. I am not tall, 1.66m. Was 55kg when I got married in sept then started to balloon over the next few mths(dare not weigh so dont know how heavy ..) Wanted to cut down some weight before getting myself pregnant but too late, kena twins. I already forsee hitting 80kg (hopefully not too soon..hehehe).

Hi Gingercat and BS S,

Thanks for the information. Sigh... but what is eaten is already eaten.
sad.gif
now i feel like a bad mother... I hope my child is alright.

I think everything we eat has to be in moderation. I got worried and did some research. Seems that Vit A is needed for foetus development (esp liver) , howevcer there is a fine balance in the amount that we should be taking.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/helthrpt/stories/s326333.htm

Also, according to this, we should also be careful with the face products that we are using...
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancybeauty/1490031.html?scid=momspreg:20060717:2885:18755:8545

hi gingercat
wow, u bought so many clothing liao...me still haf not gotten any towels yet. the t-shirt so cute...muz take picture when yr bb wears it.
happy.gif

morning mummies...

i just went for checkup yesterday n took the rest of the day off...
at 24weeks, cannot see bb completely on the ultrasound screen liaoz, gynae says from now on can only see parts of him, cos too big to fit into the whole screen le...
kao_sticktongue.gif

gingercat,
i know my boy is L size cos during my detailed scan at 20weeks, the sonographer(?) who did the scan told me... yesterday gynae also estimated my boy to be on the big side.. *chiam* liaoz...
my mum also very concern abt the "swelling" on my feet n hands.. so yesterday i also asked gynae.. he said mine is not swelling due to too much salt intake.. its "fat" that i'm putting on..
kao_sad.gif
dont know to be happy or sad leh...

my pre-preggy weight was 52kg, ht 165cm... yesterday weighing at 66.9kg leh... total 15kg gain liaoz... how????? i'm very concern abt my weight, n have been eating my pre-pregger portion during my lunch n dinner meals liaoz, only diff is last time i dont eat breakfast, now i do.. i think first few mths i "grow" too much already, now slow down also no use...
kao_sad.gif

Staz, dun worry. I believe there are alot of mum here facing the same problem as you. I already gain 12.7Kg at my 24 weeks. Nw im weighing 74.8kg......sure hit 80kg again. Bcos the bb will grow very fast at 8 to 9 mths. Let's slim down together after giving to our precious prince n princess. Maybe, sign up slimming courses?

hehehe... i intend to, but after i finish "popping" out all the prince n princesses.. my hubby wants 3 in total... hahaha.. i told him i confirm the exact number after i'm done with this one....
kao_sticktongue.gif

hi MTBs,

I am selling the following:

1) Avent Manual Breast Pump. Retail:$86.60
2) Medela Mini Electric Pump(single), warranty still intact. Retail:$189

Both used for less than 3 days, less than 5 times. Price is negotiable. Pls email me @ [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

Hi Mummies

Betterworld, dun be sad... its okay one. Sometimes, things we dunno and we eat accidentally, our baby will forgive us.
happy.gif
U know, before I know I am pregnant, I went on slimming drinks ( which I am not suppose to ) and when i realize i preggie, i was like : OMG!! I have been ill treating my baby... Just take care what we eat can liaoz! Cheer up!!

Starmoon, I din buy a lot, even my MIL thinks it is not enuff... sometimes, i just feel like using the cloth diaper and wrap my bb can liao :p... cos babies outgrown the clothing so fast... ( I think i am a very jia lat mummy ) Anyway, all these clothings are bought during the GSS in mothercare and isetan.
happy.gif

Starz, actually i have the same problem with u... My baby is on the chubby side when I went for my 20 week scan. So now I dunno what size to buy for my baby... so scared that if i buy new born size, later he cannot wear... so I mix ard, some buy new born, some buy 3 to 6mth. For diapers, i think i dun buy for the time being, dunno how buig he will be...
sad.gif
My mum also concerned abt my legs swelling and she suspected that I din drink enuff water... and also take too much salty food. she rule out the possibility that i have been walking and standing too much because now I am not working. :p Dun worry abt ur size, after giving birth, u can recover back to ur good old self. I told my hubby that I am going back to my slimming center ( signed the package for wedding and use once only then pregnant ) after i stop BF.
happy.gif

hi starmoon and GingerCat,
I still haven't buy stuff for my baby..so far only 2 set of cloths and bootees+mitton. I have no idea how to start shopping? what should buy 1st?
sad.gif

I forced myself to drink 2 glasses of milk per day, both are milk powder from anmum. no choice.

hi starz,
my height same as urs 165cm, pre-preggie weight was 55kg..now about 60kg at my week 23 wks..gynae said my weight is ok.

GingerCat,

must we stop BF before can go slimming ar? i got quite alot of sessions left with them also... sign n sign, but lazy to go.. i was thinking of goin to clear up my sessions during my ML..
sad.gif

Nov_MTB..

me too.. i haven buy any stuff for my baby, not even a single set of botties or mittens, my MIL had bought 10+sets clothes, botties, mittens, milk bottles, cloth diapers, paper diapers, and alot more.. and she had already instructed mi n my hubby dun buy anything anymore.. enough liao..
sad.gif
feel so guilty...

Starz, the allowance for weight gain is different cos if you are healthy weight or underweight before preggy, then you need to gain more during pregnancy... for me.. already very fat before preggy... I've got to watch my weight.. so cannot gain so much... so long doc say Ok... dun worry,...
happy.gif

greybearie, for your slimming centre, do they ask you take any pills or anything... cos if you go on slimming, they will ask you to cut down on food intake right... so not good for bf... cos you need nutrients for the bm.....
and your diet will reflect the nutritional value of your bm... so doesnt looks like a good idea.....

I also haven bought anything much for bb yet... going to do so soon... before I get too tired... I'm starting to feel tired liao.. cos I really feel fat... never been so heavy before... thinking the extra weight taking it's toll on me liao.... :p

elmo,

oh.. thanx for the info.. but i kinda worry dat i might got no time to go slimming center once i started working again..
sad.gif

me too starting to feel tired again... i'm getting sick of being a preggie.. haiz..

Morning mummies

Hi Nov MTB, for me, i do up a shopping list... from baby's bathing onwards like what u need etc. Basic one will do... This trick is taught by my MIL, she asked me start with nake baby during bathing, what u need etc and so on. I din buy stroller cos scared if new born full mth, many ppl will give as gift etc... so dun buy first. For cloth nappies, you can buy abt 2 to 3 dozens, cos newborn pees and poos a lot one day. And also have to prepare for yr end rainy seasons in case your nappies dun dry in time.
happy.gif
Remember buy extra mittens too, newborn has the habit of putting their fingers into their mouth. And everyday, a newborn has to change at least 3 pairs of mittens for hygiene purpose.
happy.gif

greybearie, ermm... i think best time to go back slimming center is after u wanna stop ur BF. Cos I agreed with elmo, slimming center ppl will ask u go on diet this and that... and take some supplement drinks etc. So put ur priority over baby first bah.
happy.gif
I am also sick of being preggie... very boring.

hi all,
seems like most of us have craving for durian. i'm also trying hard not to take too much...

Wanna ask if anyone is monitoring baby's kick?
Did your gynae advise around how much times baby needs to kick?

morning mummies...

aiyo, dont be so sianz leh.. i admit sometimes i also very sian becos i haven't had the energy to do alot of things i like to do before i got pg.. like going pubs, playing pool.. shopping.. n wearing my usual clothes.. i so miss wearing my favourite jeans n tank top... plus the fact my feet always hurt after awhile of walking/standing.. (think not used to supporting so much more weight..
kao_sticktongue.gif
)

but try to look at things from the bright side lor.. i am still continually amazed by baby's movement inside.. like this morning, lazing in bed trying to delay actually getting up, i felt and SAW baby's kick.. my tummy actually protruded out abit at the place he kicked.. n when my hubby put his ears to the same place, he also got so amazed n touched, he felt baby kick his face.. hehehe...
then the other "GOOD" thing, we are getting so pampered nowadays... my family don't let me do any housework at all.. altho i still insist on doing light chores.. n always give in to my food cravings..
kao_smile.gif

hi bbroom,

my gynae did have the "talk" with us last visit..
he said every baby got his/her own "pattern" n schedule.. how we should be monitoring is, take note of the timing bb kicks.. and from there, u get a rough idea how frequently u can feel the kicks, e.g. once every 2/3/4hours.. there will be periods of time between 2-5hours when bb is not so active, tats when they r resting...n it will usually happen at around the same time every day..

he also did tell us that if we feel baby's movement become less frequent, we should pay more attention in monitoring.. if the frequency reduces by too much, e.g. not moving in 8-10hours period.. then we should either go to the gynae, or check-in to the hospital (at night after office hours), as it may mean baby is in distress...

altho its rare (for my gynae, he said he encounter 2 cases in the last 10years), we have to monitor, as starting from now, if baby is in trouble, it won't usually happen "instantly", but over a period of time.. so if we are vigilant, we'll notice and have time to react n rectify the situation lor...

hear already also scare... but its a necessary precaution to know n take note of lor...

Hi all mummies

here the list that we need to get for our BB or during stay in hospital..

Just for information only..hope that helps<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Baby stock list
Baby Stock List.doc (45.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Greybearie, I think if you actively bf, you should be able to loose some weight too.. what's more with lesser rest and stress... will help to loose weight. :p

Yest hubby was just telling me that got nothing to look forward to after work everyday.... then I reminded him to enjoy the peace and freedom now cos in a few mths time... life will not be the same anymore.. so even thou I feel tired and sian...I will try to enjoy the freedom and peace now....
happy.gif

so try to do something you wan to do now... or even spend more time pampering yourself... will cheer you up...

Hi bbroom,

My gynae did gave me a fetal movement chart to monitor. So every mth when I check up, I have to bring this chart back to her. Cos my baby, has been very mischeivous by not moving for more than 48 hrs before. One day, we should feel abt 10 movement kicks from the baby from what i know.

Hi Chin Chin, thanks for the stock list. It is very useful to first time mums like me ;)

Hi Mei Lik,can you help to update my particulars? thanks!

EDD: 19/11/06
Gynae: Dr Tan Hang Yang
Hospital: Gleneagles
Sex of bb: Girl

elmo,

true loh.. mi n my hubby was been saying the same thing, life will nv be de same after these few mths, we were both saying we aren't ready to be parents yet.. sigh.. but there's no looking back now... dun even noe if we can manage anot..
sad.gif

Hi, thanks for all of you for the concern of my dad. I am so angry with my mother in law for nagging me going to hospital as she said the air there is bad for a pregnant woman but it's my dad who is in there
sad.gif

My gynae also asked me to monitor my baby movement. My princess is very active with all the boxing and not kicking when we saw it during the detail scan.

Me too have not prepared to be a mother..how..n thinking the baby will be out by a few mths..Oh no!

hi greybearie and ginger cat,
i'll try to go shopping this weekend..actually i plan to buy those cloth, mitten...from malaysia, think is much cheaper.
Me and my husband always said the same thing too...life change after few mth later when we have 3 of us all together, no longer 2 only..

Don't worry, Angeline - we are here for you.

My dad was in ICU for about 4 days before being transferred to a general ward - I still went in with my mom to visit him. As my husband was admitted to the same hospital, I would make several trips to visit my dad during the course of the day. I know some people can be quite 'pantang' - afraid that might get some germs in the air but since I work at a hospital, it doesn't bother me cos I know they keep the place sterile.

Mov_MTB
Hi were u at the TMC antenatal class? I was wearing all black and sitted right in front of the class.

Gingercat was there too!
Afterclass, went home, have dinner and then zzzz!
Today morning woke up puke..Alamak

Hi Mei Lik,

Yes I was in the class. Me easiest the guess..hehe..hubby is the skinny one and i am the smallest mummy..haha..

No matter how hubby eat, never put on weight. So everytime i say he "jia liao bee"

Is your hubby wearing blue and you wearing black?

Which one is gingercat??

Hi greybearie,

The class is good. Taught us how to play with bb correctly. Aiyo, now then i know i apply cream using the wrong method...hehe

morning mummies,

share share what they teach in the class can..???

i just signed up for the course this week only, cannot make it to the one starting this weekend, can only start in early Sept, will finish in Oct..
abit worried that i signed up so late.. think i won't be seeing any of you there lor...
kao_sad.gif

Morning mummies,

Yty I went to gynae cause can't really feel bb kicking. So I worried and faster rush down. On the ultrascan I can see bb moving but can't really feel...haiz..made me so worried all the time.

Everytime see your mention how active your bb are, I am wondering if mine is sleeping all the time.

BB now weighs 619g @ Week 23..and I maintain my weight at 52kg from the last visit..total put on 4kg from pre-natal weight...gynae say is good, bb absorb most of the food. So I was very happy yty and ate a lot.

Starz,

First lesson yty, Mrs Wong goes through antenatal exercise, how to communicate with bb, example how to stroke our tummy and talk to bb. And also nutrition we need and also myth that mum or others told us.

The class ended at 9.30pm as Mr Wong say she will always try to teach more.

Overall I find it good and beneficial for first time mummies.

nov_mum,

many hubbies ard? my hubby doesn't seem very keen on goin with mi.. but i scared lonely....

Starz,

wah.. by den ur tummy beri big liao loh?

Angeline/cuclainne
My dad also recently admitted to Hospice. I am going to travel to KL to see him.
Is our dad how can we don't visit him ?
sigh.. just pray our dad will get well soon.

oh so u gals started the class already?
it will be fun to meet each other in person leh...

my baby will kick more when i am hungry. yesterday i took one coffee after lunch after that he keep kicking not sure if is the caffein too strong...

eh have you gals all found the Confinement Lady yet ?

greybearie, dun think like that.... it's just prenatal jitters.. you must start welcoming bb.. if not bb will feel your uncertainty.....anyway now canot think too much.. so get ready to welcome your bb and think happie thots only.... dun worry if you ready or not... we will learn to cope along the way.....

Hi greybearie,

Most of our hubbyis there. Except for 1 or 2 lady hubby din come.

And Mrs Wong will ask those alone to come out to demo exercise or do the exercise with her.

Mrs Wong stress that it is good for hubby to attend as he plays an impt role in the labour ward.

Maybe you try asking your hubby again, it will be good if he attends.

Littlecat, I have not met Mei Lik and ginercat cause dunno who is who..hehe..

According to the class, coffee is ok, 3 cups a day the maximum.

Angeline, dun be angry... just tel your MIL nicely you need to go cos it's your father... hope she understand... if she still nags... bo chap and close your ears.....

Hi littlecat,

Sorry to hear abt your dad. Do take care &amp; be careful while travelling to KL.

I agree, it is our dad, of course we must go visit him. Just that if stand too long or too tired, do take a rest.

Hope your dad get well sonn
happy.gif

Littlecat
Sorry to heard about your Father, take care!
I got a confinement lady but yet to really confirmed. Headache also.

Nov Mum
Ah. You and your hubby looks alike, got "Fu-qi-xiang". I see all the mommies tummy big like ostrich, mine like Century egg, so small. Yesterday went home quickly taught my maid how to do the massage before i forget. Tonight, gonna teach her how to help me to get up from the bed! Wah too many topics yesterday until i blur.
This morning hubby started to play and communicate with BB using Mrs Wong method.

greybearie
All hubbies around except two cos they are away.
The class teaches the responsibilities of husband, especially support during pregnancy and delivery period. Good learning experience. All hubbies were very good yesterday. Try convincing your hubby to come.

In the class... Mrs Wong (also a midwife) told the hubbies, never say "It is okay, you are alright" when wives complaint about pain (anywhere). Because the "Pain can kill you". You should see the hubbies reaction...all turn pale. very funny.

Hi Mei Lik,

I also worried I will forget the exercise, so many of them. hubby and I have been talking to bb but now must talk more. Also tell hubby must always tell bb that he will talk to him later..

I keep laughing when Mr Wong talk abt food that mum say cannot eat and also the no bathing part. Cause all bingo. I am going to convince my mum to let me bath.

And I laugh hard when Mrs Wong say abt the indisgestion cause i have it the day before can can't sleep the whole night cause i ate too much.

hey, you have not tell me which one is gingercat leh..

thanks for the info... i also hear alot of people say Mrs Wong's class is good, which is why i rather wait n take her class in Sept lor.. weekdays too tight for me n hubby liaoz, somemore he usually work late most weekdays.. so we picked the saturday class.. anyone havent sign up yet but intend to??? hehehe.. i very curious would like to see some of the mummies here leh...

ya lor, by then i shd be reli huge liaoz.. now i'm already quite big.. *sigh*, don't dare to measure anymore.. last time i measure was about 1+mth back, tummy already 36"...

nov mum, i know how u feel, sometimes i don't quite feel bb movement too.. then i will stop my work, n fully focus on feeling his movement.. until i feel something liaoz then go back to doing other things... sometimes it maybe we r just too distracted n can't feel the lighter movements....

i think my boy start to establish his routine liaoz.. every morning i wake up will laze in bed for awhile more mah... he will start kicking / hiccuping during this time.. hehe.. movement quite big n continuous for awhile.. his daddy will put his ears to my tummy n feel the movement with his face... hehehe... so blissful that feeling...

Nov Mum
Gingercat was sitting way behind with her hubby wearing bright red t-shirt.I think she was wearing M shirt and grey track pants.

Yeah can bath leh. I also wanna tell my mommy can birth. But will use herbs and hot water lah. kekeke.

By the way mommies these are somethings we learnt:
1. Birdnest will not cause phelem. Rather will have good skin complexion.
2. Ginseng will make the bb hard to take care cos will keep on crying.
3. Tong cong cao, Paosheng, Qi Zi and Huai Shang are good chinese herbs for tonics.
4. Durian will make baby grow very big. It is fattening and calories and sugar content very high. May end up c-section cause Baby too big for natural birth.
5. All babies born will have jaudice, the doctor will monitor after 3 days. So no need to worry.

Sorry to hear about your father, LittleCat. Initially my mother told me and my siblings that we don't have to visit my dad when he was in ICU because the nurses there don't even allow her to come in to see him (can only see through glass window because risk of infection to him) but when he woke up, he asked my mother where I was (I was working at the time) - so I took time off to rush over to see him. How can one say no? After all, it's our own flesh and blood right ..

I am interested in signing up for antenatal classes, to learn breathing techniques but I heard that you shouldn't start too early - in case you might forget what you learnt by the time when you really need it the most.. hahahah

Cuclainne,

l had just signed up for the antenatal classes at Mount Avernia Hospital , lasted for 6 weeks , starting from 6.30pm to 8.30pm , $126 for whole session. But too bad fall on weekday cos weekend classes are all fully Booked. Doubt my hubby can go with me cos he usually worked until 8-9pm.
Nevermind..l will be independent.

Back