(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi Mummies...

Hehe... I just wake up and can see that the post is running fast.
happy.gif
Last nite went for our first antenatal class liao conducted by Mrs Wong Boi Boi.

Nov MTB, wah you all really good... still can travel all the way to Malaysia and buy baby's stuff. Actually, my mittens and bootees, i did an exchange trade with Anmum using their spoons tab. For one 900gm tin of milk powder, you can exchange for a baby set ( mittens, bootes and cap ) So i exchange 3 sets already. Think I am going to Jurong Point kiddy palace one of these days to shop. The biggest kiddy palace shop.
happy.gif

greybearie, the class was fun... especially when hubby are the one who is getting up to collect and pack things after the class.
happy.gif
Anyway, my hubby and I thinks that this course is really good and informative. Did not waste a single cents!
happy.gif
Anyway, if any mummies here love to eat vinegar pig trotters, or vinegar stuff, Mrs Wong says it is okay and infact, vinegar is good for relaxing our joints pain during pregnancy period. I think i love the massage best... keke... cos before that my hubby keeps on having excuse saying that he dunno how to massage and yesterday he learns hand massage. Feel so good... and last nite when we reach home I ask for more :p He says every night once enuff liao. Try to psycho your hubby there... it will be fun and he learns a lot of things too.

Starz, dun think you are too late for the course since your bb is coming in Nov. But do note that sometimes, bb will pop out earlier and you will have to check when is ur last lesson ending.
happy.gif

Nov Mum, I think i know who you are... cos u are sitting pretty close to us and if I am not wrong... I know you in person if you mentioned that you are the smallest mummy in the class. :p Dun worry abt ur bb not moving for one or two days. Cos my baby have the tendancy not to move for 2 days at time and by then when i reach the clinic and being place under the fetal monitoring machine.. .he is happily wriggling and kicking abt. I did consult Mrs Wong abt this during the break time and she said my bb is a fussy and expensive boy and mentioned that he is just starting to learn to kick and do acrobatics in my womb. By the way, I am in my 25 week next 2 days. He loves cooling and to be in air con room. Same conclusion as my gynae... but it is always good to go gynae and check.

Little cat, sorry to hear what happen to your father... Pls take care when you are travelling okay? It was fun seeing so many pregnant mummies ard.

Mei Lik, are u okay now? ur MS back again? My hubby was asking me how come u look so tired yesterday. Haha, u sit so far in front... but think that is a great place. Next time, I wanna change place liao... near the mirror side, cos no space for me stretch...
sad.gif

Chin chin, ask ur hubby makes some time for u to attend the lesson with you.
happy.gif

Last nite, my hubby was playing and communicating with the baby when we reach home. He using the tapping and butterfly method and disturb his son... think baby wakes up too and quite responsive.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Just an inquiry, does confinement lady receive 1 time ang bao or 2 times..l had called up a confinement lady and she is asking for 2 times ang bao..( one when she first in and one when she left..) She charge $1800. Is that true?

Chin Chin
Got. My confinement lady also asked the same price and 2 angbao.

My Mommy said as a gesture, $28 for both ang bao can liao, which is also most pple practice this way unless, she does an excellent job, the return angbao a bit more.

Hope it helps.

Gingercat.
Yeah. Ms back again. Terrible. Now my tougue like got this bland bland taste.

chin chin, you can try to find another person to go with you yah .. the husband said he wants to come along if I sign up for these classes but in case he can't come along (for some reason), then I think I might ask my mother to fill in. Always good to have a partner yah ..

Hi all
Wow, the antenatal classes that you all attended yesterday seem so fun.. I'm looking forward to the massage session. My hubby also always makes excuse that cannot massage during pregnancy,etc..

My session is on Sunday, from 12.30 onwards.. Anyone also taking that class???

Chin Chin,

mine is thru agency.. the agency fella oso told us to prepare 2 ang bao for the confinement lady... 1 when she come, and 1 after her service.. i checked wif the agency fella wat's the market rate.. and he say.. abt $20 will do.. i intend to prepare $28 too... coz got a "8" mah.. hee...

I tink the ang bao is becoz of pantang lah... coz de older ppl say women who has jus gib birth hor.. very "dirty" & suay one.. so.. maybe the ang bao is to ward off the bad luck...

my MIL had instructed mi & my hubby NOT to offer any joss-stick to my guan yin during my confinement period.. coz we "dirty" mah.. aiyah.. all these "old ppl"... (hee.. my MIL not dat old...)

Hi Gingercat,

You are Bao zhu right. Dawei can't remember you when I told him you are at the class also..hehe..

So concidence, we are due in the same month and in the same antenatal class.

I think my seat quite ok, just that only 1 mat, hubby no place to sit.

Think next lesson must come earlier and occupy 2 mat.

Hi gals, thanks for the concerns, my hb will make more stop while driving up, so i can rest more.
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing the info from the class. I attended last time, forgot most of it liao :p

about the ang poh, yes it will be 2. one when she come in, one when she is leaving. the red packet for her when she join can be just $10 as long as with red packet which means 'heng heng' for them. the 2nd one u can base on her performance to give more if u think she did a good job.

so happy u gals can meet in person !

Mek Lik, sorry to hear u still sufferring the MS...

OIC Mei Lik,

l just called up another confinement lady and she charged $1600. But according to her..her employer usually Bao her $100 ang bao. she said if the CL ic charging $1800, then we can bao the ang bao between $10-$18. Is a kind of 'Drag long cover short' kind of thing.

Yea cuclainne, l had change my antenatal course to tuesday liao when hubby can make it . l just want to let him participate and have a feel in it..or else later he relax relax down there and l am the one doing all the job...heheh

Hi Nov Mum,

Haha, correct. Yup, we are due in the same month and I told my hubby that you and ur hubby knew each other since Sec and now hubby and wife.
happy.gif
He said its a small world. Yah, next time have to change a place... my side there very crampy and keep on knocking on the partition. :p

greyberie.
Alamak..some old folks ah. hahah.
The angbao is for confinement lady as they may need to wash our undergarment (with stains etc). So to let them "heng heng, lai si "with their work lah. For the good of everyone.

Chinchin
Sometimes Confinement lady also full of nonsense. How much angbao we give depends on how much we want to give. Give what u need to give. Nothing more and nothing less. Most important, she gets her well deserve salary of $1600-$1800, she must do her job well.

Nov Mum
Yeah Gingercat also told me u are her schoolmate.
The mattress is for us to do exercisie so hubby got to sit on the floor...kekeke

Littlecat
I think i am the only one here still got MS after so long. You take care when u travelling to KL. Stop over when u need too. okay!

Nov Mum

I see ur tummy super XL leh. Gingercat and mine hor not so big leh. U eat alot of liu lian is it har.
What u eat har...can teach me bor! hhahah

Mei Lik,

You are right, I ate quite alot of durian. My bb now already 619g at week 23. But gynae say is ok. Think he is used to deliver big size bb so in his context is consider normal.

But from the chart bbroom posted the other time, I think bb exceeded his weight.

I ate a lot of carbo also especially pastry cause I love cake and bread but got to control loh..hehe..

Mei Lik,

Hehe , l dun intend to let the CL wash my under garment cos l am using disposal one. yea..ang bao is up to individual..l will bao more for her (CL) in coming ( so she will be happy and take gooD care of my bb) and less for her out going..

Mummies, the longan season here... I saw the fruit stall selling a lot of longans... hehehe... now i dun want durian liao... wanna buy longan... hehehe...

Nov Mum, did ur gynae say ur baby chubby when he is going thru the fetal assessment report with u? Think too much carbo can cause bb to grow very big... no wonder my gynae forbid me to eat so much potatoes.

Mei Lik, ur tummy coming out liao compared to the last time i see u.
happy.gif
But good sign... baby growing... yesterday the track pants I wear, i actually buy it from mothercare when I am in my 4th mth... but too loose at that time. Yesterday wear just nice!
happy.gif
Heh, must make my hubby lose weight... cos I eat what he also eat... he put on 6.5kg liao.

Chin chin, ask u something, your CL is singaporean or Malaysian? ang pao only give when she comes and goes. But small one will do lah.

Gingercat..

my CL is a malaysian.... yes...l saw Longan and eaten liao...tonight going to have a durian session with my ex colleague if time persist..hehe

Hehehe, for my case is different. All go my butt n boobs, stomach nt obvious thou Im 24 weeks already. Same situation when Im carrying my daughter. Wah, envy u all leh can eat so much durian. My hb controlling me liao....sian.....

I guess stomach big small is nt accurate to determine the size of the bb. Even thru scanning of fetal weight is only an estimation bcos bb are nt crown inside our womb. Those very experience midwife can tell by seeing your stomach while u lie dwn on the bed. I encounter that 4 yrs ago, when the midwife told my hb that my bb gg to be big. I dun believe her bcos base on my stomach size is small n the fetal weight is nt heavy but in the end realli turn out to be a big bb. So came out to be a surprise for me

GingerCat,
i'm from malaysia, so once 1 mth i'll go back..then will do shopping when i back, thin can save a lot.
i didn't attend the prenatal class, my husband always kena work OT..so time not confirm.

Hi mummies!
Envy those mummies that can attend the course together. I will be attending mine in Sept at Mt Alvenia hope is not too late yet.
happy.gif

Any mummies attending also???

MeiLik thankss for sharing your tips. I didnt know tt we cant take Ginseng during Pg. do keep us update of any useful infor.
happy.gif

Sorry to hear abt your dad little cat,Take care!

Hi all MTBs!
Mei Lik, Nov_MTB, Gingercat, so qiao. Both me and HB were also at the antenatal class TMC last evening. After reading thru the posts, it doesn't require much efforts to guess who u all are. Gingercat, I think you were just sitting right behind us. I was also wearing yellow top and grey pants but we were a little late for class yesterday.

Overall, find Mrs Wong's teachings very useful too. Well, at least to our husbands who probably won't spend time reading abt all these info. My HB was also busy using the new techniques to communicate to our bb boy last night.
happy.gif
For the first time, I felt that he's really enjoying talking to baby.

Poohger, think wat Mei Lik meant by not taking Ginseng is tat Ginseng always keeps the mind alert so it may keep the baby awake esp if we take ginseng during breastfeeding. Actually, its still alright to take in moderate amts during pregnancy. Mrs Wong pointed out that nowadays with new chemical processing, brids nest n ginseng may not go thru proper screening for impurities, hence, if we were to take these products, it may increase the risk of allergies/eczema for our babies.

Bearyhugs you are right.
Yeah, chemical especially nowadays, herbs no longer hand process, rather it is using drum to process at factories and also mass production.

One thing for sure...lots of myths and beliefs. So at times, when we do things, better be realistic.

Maybe next week we get tell each other what we are wearing. hahaha then will get to know each other...haha

I think our husbands loves to communicate with our babies after attending the class. Hope this stays on.

Hi Bearyhugs,

So u also attended the antenatal class last evening? Are u the one sitting in front of me?? I blur liao... nvm, next week u see me u call me can already. But I do enjoyed the overall class.
happy.gif
keke!!

hello wah seems most mummies already started attending the antenatal liao... glad to hear that you gals are having fun.... I'm also attending mine in Sep. Hopefully I dun missed out too much. :p

Hi all,
Mei Lik, Gingercat, yah quite qiao that we all signed up for the same class. I joined becos my sis in law also signed up for tat class. Think she was sitting right beside Gingercat.
happy.gif
Happy to know you all. My pleasure..Can share share info n joy abt pregnancy along our journey.

To the rest of the MTBs,
Forgot to mention that Mrs Wong also emphasized the fact that its best for us to sleep on our side n esp on the left side so that our baby gets all the oxygenated blood and supposedly improve their quality of life. Actually, I personally find that most of the antenatal exercises are quite similar to the pre-natal yoga classes that I'm currently attending too.

hihi MTBs,

I am from the Oct thread. Could recalled seeing someone here signed up for the TMC natal classes, I have already made payment, will they send the course outline and any other information like when we will have exercise for us to wear pants?

Hi bearyhugs,

I think I know which one is you. You are sitting beside me, wearing yellow top. Initially I guess you are Mei Lik and your sis in law is Gingercat..hahaha...

Think next lesson we tell each other what we wear then we can recognise one another.

Hi mmummyjoy,

I got the handout when I made payment for the class. It is stated that every lesson to wear pants for antenatal exercise.

Hi ChinChin,
I also going for the course on 5 Sept.
happy.gif

Probably we can see each other there
think by then our stomachs shd be quite big liao....
happy.gif

Anymore mummies attending the same course??

See u there Chin Chin!

Bearyhugs thanks for your clarifications.
happy.gif
I guess we must take everything in moderations.

Planning to look for a stroller. Mummies, any tips or items to look out for?
happy.gif

Hi Gingercat,

Thanks for the consoling words. Very sweet of you. Thanks!

Hi Chin Chin and PoohGer,

I had signed for the Mt A class for July too. Started two lessons already. It has been informative.

Hi bearyhugs,

Where are you currently attending the pre-natal yoga class? Is it useful?

hi mummies
wow....so many posts to catch up on. mrs wong is really good...i think we learnt alot in her classes...went for the doctors talk at the end of the 5 lessons and i still think mrs wong is better...hahahah....oh, one of our classmate even delivered half way through the lessons so she stopped coming after the 3rd lesson so think itz better not to sign up too late.

hi mmummyjoy
for the 1st 3 lessons, u need to wear track pants cos will be doing the antenatal exercise. for the 4th and 5th lesson, you dun hafta wear liao and can wear anything u like cos there's no more exercise during the 4th and 5th lessons. basically 4th lesson is teaching u how to handle baby, bathing baby, etc....mrs wong will give each couple a fake baby to play with and for the 5th lesson itz all abt breast/formulae feeding.

i was oso given the course outline when i signed up and made payment.

Hi nov_mum/starmoon, TQ for the info., I went to pay but the person-in-charge was not ard so I paid the cashier and left so didn't rec'd any handout. Is the course outline the same as what is posted on the website? I will wear pants for my cmg 1st lesson, will there be drinks supply or we hv to bring our own? Also, any break time to rest? TQ so much for the info., I really have to question them why the handout was not posted to me
sad.gif

Lesson 1

Physical & Mental Preparation

Antenatal Exercise
Nutrition Before & After Delivery
Myths& Traditions
Coping with Pregnancy Discomfort
Back Care & Postures
Instructional Video
Q & A

Hi Mummies,

Today I just go out shopping and lunching with Whitysnow. Learn from the sales lady in Takashimaya that there will be a Taka baby fair on 9 Aug 2006 and also the medala breast pumps will be having 15% off. For mummies who wanna get Pigeon rapid Sterilizer, now carrerfur is having sales less 20% and the sterilizer is going at $87 only till 26 July 2006. Robinson and other dept stores are selling at $116.90 no sales.

Bearyhugs, hehe, maybe next time round, we will let each other know what clothings we are wearing bah... but my hubby is easy to recognize. Think he is one of the tallest man in the class.

greybearie, you can wear anything so long comfortable except for dress of course. Cos I think most maternity pants are all stretchable type.
happy.gif

i know
sad.gif
but hor i dun feel like getting a maid also leh... cos the auntie want me to get maid for her, but i scare the maid problem also the auntie problem... sigh..

Nov_MTB, betterworld,
Think we did discuss abt the pre-natal yoga in the previous threads. There are few places which you can sign up for pre-natal yoga.
http://www.babiesncream.com/
http://www.birthandbeyond.com.sg/

I signed up with Birthandbeyond after trying at both the above places cos the instructor at Birthandbeyond is much better. Her name is Samantha. I think at this point of time, when we can't do much exercises, pre-natal yoga n swimming are probably the only two forms which are worth taking up now. I was pretty active before my pregnancy, e.g. jogging 3 times a week but with pregnancy, felt so lethargic without exercise. Think the yoga helps in relaxing all parts of our muscles and also aid in natural labour by proper breathing techniques and pelvic floor muscles training.

Gingercat, thanks for informing us on the baby fair. Would zoom down to taka on National Day then.
happy.gif
U don sound like a working MTB?

hi greybearie
u can wear any kind of pants or bermudas or 3/4. in fact during my class, some mummies oso wear bermudas...as long as it is comfy to stretch in, shld be no problem.

hi mmummyjoy
yah the course outline is the same as wadz posted online. there will be drinks provided free of charge and u can juz help yourself to it. the fridge is in a corner in front. there will be a short toilet break given each lesson. usually, mrs wong class will stretch more than 2 hours. in fact, i think on average her lessons usually lasts around 2.5 - 3hours. if u r driving, dun forget to exchange ur car park coupon with mrs wong cos you juz haf to pay her $4 instead of the normal fee of $7.50

for the 2nd lesson, mrs wong will bring u all to the nursery and room ward at the end of the lesson. den she will show u how she play wif the bb in the nursery. and at the end of the 3rd lesson, she will bring u all to the labour room and show u the different kinds of room they have...pretty interesting.

Hi bearyhugs,
Thanks for the link. I'll look up for the yoga class. I've learnt yoga for about 2 yrs b4 pregnant, thot of taking it as it'll helps a lot.

Hi Mummies

Little cat, infant care very expensive. The one near my resident area, MT kids and Kidz Academy is charging $1100 and $1500 respectively.

Bearyhugs, yup I am not working for almost 4 mths plus coming 5 mths. During my 1st trimester, my pregnancy was very unstable and i have bleedings for quite a few time during that time. As my job requires me to travel very frequently, my hubby and PIL thinks it is best for me to stop work and completely rest in bed first till my delivery. I am already planning to go back to the workforce by next yr Jan. If I find that the maid can cope and take care of my baby by then, I will go for a full time job. If not, I will just start off with part time job so that afternoon I can come home and take care of bb until he is older ( maybe 8 mths ). So meanwhile be a SAHM... but very boring. I miss working life... sob..

Little Cat,
I had a few frends who's bb are in Infant care.Chances of them getting sick is very very high even aft lots of vitamins & another factor is expensive lor.
Dun u consider a day time nanny?? Almost half the price of infant care and yet 1-1 attention.

hi gals,
So busy and still vomitting with no reason.Try to catch up all the post.

I'm on 21 week now, and start looking for maid, hopefully can find the good one and she can start working begining sept'06.

Can any one share with me your experience ( good one and bad exp also) taking maid from this agency :

Nation

and
A1- far east shopping centre 04-36

And how much their agency fee???

or any good recomended maid agency???

Can pm or email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi GingerCat,
I still quite worry if leave the baby to maid unless ur parent or PIL at home. Else, i rather look for baby sitter.

How much weight have you ladies put on? I'm only 23 weeks now but have put on 11 kg, which I think is too much. I'm not surprised though... cos my appetite increased a lot and I'm not taking breakfast regularly. I'll have to watch my diet and take fruits instead of candy, water instead of soft drinks!!!

Hi june,
As at last chkup (wk 20),I m still 2kg below my pre preg weight... Me going for wk24 chkup in 2wks time and i'm sure my weight will increase cos like u,my appetite had increased.

Back