(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Hi thewife,

no worry... i'm the one who company u. i eat a lot especially at home when my MIL cook. even my hubby oso said tat i eat so much. hahha.... but i think as long as we eat healty food, that's more dan enuf, rite?

Hey Jasmine & Jenny,
me not worried, just felt like the little one is as greedy as the daddy
happy.gif
. i think its a good sign to eat more.

hi thewife,

yeah.... my MIL oso said tat. she told me must eat if feel hungry. it's mean tat baby demand for it. i eat and dun care even my chinese wedding on next month. i only care for the little one lor.

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

hi hi Jenny..
ok, thks! hopefully things get better & stable for all frm now on..cheers~

hi hi Jasmine Goh..
thks for the url link..will go & check it out..thks for sharing...

hi hi doggiemummy..
i saw that u r gg to Dr Fong..i was recommended by another forum friend to see him..i went to see the thread..seem like he's a gd & nice gynae whom wont get u to pay for anything extra if he thinks it's not require to...i have made appt to see him in march..u have seen him b4, right? can u tell me more abt him? thks~

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

Hi ladies who are eating well, enjoy it. I was eating like a pig a few weeks back but since end of last week, my ability to eat just disappear. Colleagues are asking why I look so shag now. I'm just trying to contain my urge to puke. Arggg.

Jenny, yes, I've been munching biscuit to supress the nausea feelings.

Wendy thank yu for yur encouragements.

i just keep wondering if it's just me being voerly sensitive or am I really expereiencing something awful that the other preg ladies around me don't expereince. I've not seen anyone I know feel so sick when they're preg. So I feel so pai seh to keep complaining to you ladies. But the feelings is makign me so miserable. Everynight I bath I aslo want to puke at the smell of the shower gel. Now I've even stop using my moisturiser. I think i very extreme leh.

for pineapple.. my prev gynae told me to stay away from anything that contains pineapple.. but my present gynae says u can eat anything...

jenny, ya. actually planned to have 2nd one when he's at least 3-4yrs old... nw at this age he's like 'shi dong fei dong' duno hw to explain he's going to have younger sibling to him.

thewife.. me too leh... nw oni 6plus.. i aldy shaking wif hunger... for lunch i had a burger and onion ring aldy.. dan ard 3plus my stomach started screaming for food...

FOOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

coral.. dun worry.. u r nt alone.. my col wife got admitted to hospital both times for her 1st and 2nd son... i tink her ms is worst than yours.. dun worry.. it will pass.

coral,
Dun feel pai seh, here is the only place we can complain hahaha... We all same boat lah, all will experience sooner or later. My 1st pregnancy I not that cham leh. Now my face already sucks till cannot sucks leh. How to smile when I feel so sick.

May, me too me too. Keep eating bread on and off the whole day. I have a few slices of wholemeal bread by my desk, now left one pc only. Your boy shi dong fei dong, then mine worse le kekeke...

I'm still in office, waiting for my hb to fetch me
sad.gif

:D jenny.. my face oso.. esp wif the ms.. no mood to spend time on make up.. every morning sleep until the last min dan jus puff puff the face a few times dan go work aldy..

I finally ate my dinner... less dan 5 mins donated more dan half to my office toilet bowl... :p

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

hi hi coral..
dun worry, i guess it will be gd to hear from u..just feel free to share with us ur experiences..dun have to feel pie-say..really i read from a bk that if u have morning sickness, it's a gd sign to show that the bb is stablised..u dun have to worry that much...i guess it vary from individual..do hope that u will get better & less vomitting signs..maybe u can consider to change a diff type of shower gel? baby johnson? more mild? hope u get better..

hi hi Jasmine/May..
i think b4 the pregnancy, my stomach is already quite bloated..haahaa..i m too fat..but now is happy fats so i dun might being more bloated..heehee..

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Ladies
I am spoting very little today, went to gynea, got a jab, increased homones pills to 2 pills/3 times a day. plus 4 days MC. baby 5 mm liao, a bit slow, I guess for a 6.5 week, but it's very assurancing to see baby there and see the heartbeat

Wei Kuan
I eat alot, if eat a little late, will get dizzy spells

jasmine
i blurping all the way now

Wendy,
Dr Fong is very friendly, talking to him is like chatting with friend. He do not make us do unneccessary test, i.e. I told him I tested on my own positive, he do not get me to redo the test at his clinic. At week 4 when i saw him, he refuse to scan for me, cos he is not confidence to see anything (per scan is $50).

He was very assurancing during my visit today, he is not panicy, I needed that cos I tend to worry too much. He purposely scanned me again just to let me feel better by seeing the baby and the heartbeat. It's not painful when he jab me. He intentionally talk to me, I actually didnt know he finished the jab.

May/Coral, My naueous feeling also quite bad - feel like vomitting throughout the day, very difficult to concentrate at work. Come to lunch time, not much of an appetite also. Dare not eat too full cuz afraid will puke everything out. And feel so exhuasted after work each day.

I was also thinking of quitting job but since this is my first pregnancy, will endure. Maybe if I'm having no. 2 and I'm still feeling like this, will quit for sure
lol.gif

kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif

hi hi doggiemummy..
did the gynae told u that the bb is growing slowly or u just find it urself? actually it's consider quite big liao..coz like me, i m also 6wks liao & bb is 4.3mm when i went to a female gynae to confrim my pregnancy..we also heard the bb's heartbeat..very cool!thks for letting me know that Dr Fong is a very nice & patience gyane..i guess it's really what i m looking at as well..i tend to worry too much at times..so i will make appt to see Dr Fong starting from March for my 2nd visit..now aft seeing bb last week at the female gynae's clinic..i cant wait to see the bb again so that i can hear the bb's heartbeat lor..like very amazing leh..heehee..

hi hi coral..
i think i read up somewhere & u might want to consider snacking on a Marie biscuit early in the morning to conquer the morning sickness..hope this helps..cheers~

kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif
kao_smile2.gif

HI Wendy,
did you have your first scan at week 6? is that the foetus size or foetus plus sac? I had mine last fri which is exact 5 weeks, could see sac at about 4mm. she said 2 weeks later should see foetus.

Hi Thewife,

As far as i know, it is called Embryo til 12 weeks, from 12 weeks onwards, then it's called Fetus. Correct me if i'm wrong.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi hi thewife..
i had my 1st scan at my 1st appt last thur..the gynae actually gave me a vaginal scan & we saw the waterbag as well as my 4.3mm bb & also hear the bb's heartbeat pumping live! heehee..this week is my 7th week..so will u be gg back 2 wks later to see the bb? or wait till ur next appt? me most likely changing my gynae to Dr Fong frm my 2nd appt onwards..

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi doggiemummy,

ur baby is5mm consider big liao. i did scan last friday when i was 7 weeks n my baby is 4.5mm. i check with my gynae n he is is about tat.

i only will go back on week 10. according to my gynae, at tat time i can c baby more clearly liao. so excited.

Wendy.. hahaha... actually mine too... stomach still haven recover frm 1st preg.. nw 2nd one.. i tink early early will have to wear the maternity clothes.

Doggiemummy.. take care.. since doc give u mc.. u must rest more..

Vicky.. poor u... 1st trimester will always feel very exhuasted one... me too always tink of sleeping.. during the wkend can sleep whole day if ds issit wif me.

the wife.. paiseh wats BBT uh?

doggiemummy,
hope u are getting better for your spotting.
anyway, think i ever bumped onto u in the lift but not too sure is it u or not
happy.gif

hello wendy,

So happy to hear that!
i had my first scan on 08/02/06 and only managed to see my bb's heartbeat.
My next appointment will be on 08/03/06. Hopefully,i can hear my bb's heartbeat as well...
i will be ten weeks by then....

Hi Jasmine,
did you have any scan prior to the 7th week scan? normal to see sac only at 5th week?

Hey May,
BBT - basal body temperature. I dun know whether must we continue to measure, and must we maintain hi temperature thru-out.

Hi thewife,
i did my 1st scan when i know tat i'm pregnant. tat time my gynae confirmed tat i'm 5 weeks. i only managed to c the sac thru v. scan. then i had my 2nd scan last friday which is 7 weeks lol. the next appt will b 10 weeks.

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

hi hi May..
oic..i m sure it will be worth lor..i also quite worried that i will be too overweight but i guess maybe till my 2nd visit to the gynae, i will check if it's ok..

hi hi babybenmen..
ya..it's really a very touching moment..i cant even imagine that i can see the bb & also hear that heartbeat live..i cant wait for my next appt on 9th march with Dr Fong to come..so that i can see the bb & maybe try to see if i can get Dr Fong to allow me to hear the heartbeat...hehee..wow..10wks is quite big liao..do update us then..yeah~

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

HI Wendy,
can't wait right? keke, can understand. i think motherhood is one of the greatest challenge in life, in terms of patience.

kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif

hi hi thewife...
ya..i was telling hubby that i wanted to see bb again & hear the heartbeat live..he just tease at me saying wait my tears burst out again..hahaha..very touching lor, i find..heehee..eps when this is my 1st time..really diff feeling lor..it's me & hubby's ai-qing-jie-jin..aiyo..heehee..so pie-say leh..

hi hi all mtbs..
have u all decide on whc hospital that u all will like to deliver the bb? i m not very sure how shd we go abt for this..shd we check out the hospital's package or just wait till the gynae advise us? hmm..

kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif
kao_blush.gif

Wendy thanks for teh advise, I've been muching the biscuit to curb ms, but not that effective on me lor.

I'm getting abit worried, when I had fever during wk6 went to see gynae (not my own), he did a v scan but only see the sac leh. But all of you cna see heartbeat and measure the embroy already. Really hope my gynae will give me some good news and reassurance this Sat.

Actually, I also get hungry and dizzy spell, btu just can't eat. Now I hv more of a liquid diet and really plain things like plain porridge. My stomach is bloated with wind too.

Doggiemummy, do rest more if you can. Rest is best to help your current situation.
I try to sleep early daily too. Last night 8+ went to bed liao, and slept like a pig. Now feel better.

hi thewife.. thks for enlightening me.. hee.. i din monitor my BBT leh..

Wendy... i tink i confirm overweight.. hahaha...

Hey May,
no lah, im not sure whether that is true anot, so asking u ladies whether its still necessary to monitor BBT.
actually other than sore breast and eating more, im ok leh. but feel hotter and more tired at night.

Hi Coral,
when are you seeing your gynae again?

hello all MTB,

i'm in a difficult dilemma now.Hope someone can help me with these issues. My SIL is having her customary next month and we are suppose to go to her wedding. But problem is that i was informed by my colleagues that i'm not suppose to drink the tea served by her during the tea ceremony. Cause it means my bb will also drink the tea served by my SIL. My SIL also told me that her MIL say its better for me not to attend as dunno whether it will "chong" with the bride. I dun mind not going as my SIL also wans the best for us. Problem is that my huband's grandma will probably be angry cause she say no such things and i'm suppose to attend the event.
Wat am i suppose to do?

babybenmen,

My colleague encountered this during his bro's wedding. Can attend wedding lah, but you can't drink the tea served by your SIL. Cos bb's bei feng is smaller than your SIL, so bb can't drink.

But this kind of thing is up to individual to believe lah. As long as you and your SIL is ok, then just go ahead.

babybenmen, i agree with jenny... this kind of thing is up to individual..

maybe jus to pacify ur husb grandmother u jus attend the wedding but when the bride is coming in, u 'hide' in one of the room 1st.. after the bride and groom comes in aldy dan u can come out...Normally tis is wat we will do if some ppl says like those ppl born in the yr of snake or chicken will chong the couple but duno its applicable for preg woman. :p And when ur sil is serving u tea, u can jus touch ur lip on the cup w/o drinking the tea...

This way u can avoid the crash and avoid offending ur grandmother-in-law.

kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif

hi hi coral..
how abt drinking some ginger ale or ginger tea? or ribena can? hopefully u will feel better..dun think so much, wait till sat then go for ur appt..maybe try to apply leave to rest more? dun over-tired urself too much..try to eat some fruits, hopefully it's gd for u..mabye can try red apples or persimon? i checked with the fruit stall uncle & he told me that persimon is ok for pregnant lady..

hi hi May..
me too..haahaa..i was joking with my colleagues, i think i will have to wear the maternity clothings earlier than normal mtbs..heehee..but i m happy lah, as long as the bb grows, i guess it's really worth..heehee..i m just thinking if i shd change a size bigger for my bra..coz now i got to hook it to the last hook then still feel a little tight..was thinking if i shd go & buy a bigger size or no need..i m not very sure if my breast will continue to grow or not..do u feel this way?

hi hi luckyme..
now i m beginning to doubt if i hv a heaty body coz i will feel more cold easily as compared to the past, hubby also noticed that i dun sweat as much as compared to the past..i will be the 1st one to complain abt hot & warm..i even have to wear a jacket in office whc i usually dun..hmm...

hi hi babybenmen..
i only heard that cannot attd weddings..i m not very sure abt drinking tea served by ur younger SIL..maybe u shd hint jenny's advise..i hv an ex-colleague's wedding to attd next mth, already told her this morn that i wont be able to make it as i m expecting...cannt take seafood & wil have to watch my diet..

kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hello Jenny, May, Wendy,

Thanks for your advise.
Worse come to worse,will heed May's advise to hide in the room, and also touching the lip on the cup without drinking ba...
We will see how then...

Thanks again for the advise!

Hi the wife, I'm seeing gynae this Sat.
Wendy, I don't feel like eating anythign at all. Now rather dehydrated, lips all dried up. This week everyday got meeting and presentation can't take leave lor.
babybenmen, during my last preg my SIL also got married and I was told not to drink the tea else will have premature delivery. In the end, hb drank on my behalf while I stay in the room lor. But can attend the wedding. I think so long as it's for the good of bb and mum the grandma should be understanding. She also want a healthy grandchild right?

Hi thewife, I'm seeing gynae this Sat.
Wendy, I don't feel like eating anythign at all. Now rather dehydrated, lips all dried up. This week everyday got meeting and presentation can't take leave lor.
babybenmen, during my last preg my SIL also got married and I was told not to drink the tea else will have premature delivery. In the end, hb drank on my behalf while I stay in the room lor. But can attend the wedding. I think so long as it's for the good of bb and mum the grandma should be understanding. She also want a healthy grandchild right?

Hello coral,

Hopefully, even if i do go, i hope i can stay in the room and wait until my hubby drink the tea then come out...
haiz...

hi wendy.. mine too.. duno wan to buy maternity bra or nursing bra.. prev for my 1st preg i got the maternity bra.. but find dat the material is too 'soft' sometimes when i wear t-shirts the nipple will be quite obvious...

In case other mummy is interested.. brands like wacoal or triumph oso sell the extenders.. but u have to ask frm the promoters cos sometimes dey will keep in cupboard...

go buy bra extensions lah, cheaper, 1 pair only $1.90... the bra size will changed again at later stage, so if cup size no change, just buy bra extension to extend the length of the bra

Ryes,

So shocked and sad for you. You must pull yourself together. Yes, it may be a blessing in disguise. You can now enjoy your couple time before being 'tied down' with a baby. Moreover, when the genetic make-up of the feotus is not flawless, it will undergo a natural attrition process. So don't take it too hard, OK? You must take care. Focus not on what you've lost, but on what you've gained... :)

Hi jasmine, lee tung & everyone who sent their regards,

Thanks, I am feeling so much better now. enjoyed myself on my big day, was so busy and tired that I didnt had time to really be upset too. Had to take pain killers to sustain the pain as it was really bad in the morning when I woke up. Other than still some bleeding, I'm just as per normal.

Sure hope to jia you jia you in 3 mths time...

hi ladies
I am not spotting liao thx
happy.gif

My office people keep calling me, even though there are backup for my work... i ended up offing my handphone.

Dr Fong say Baby suppose to reach 1 cm on Thursday, so I thought 0.5cm on Monday is a bit small to me ... hehee

coral,

when i was in my 6th wk, all i can see is oso only the yolk sac, no baby heartbeat detected yet. however gynae assured me its pretty normal.

last wk when i went to visit gynae, i was in my 7th wk liao, then can hear baby's heartbeat. so dun worry too much. each one grows at a different rate, and perhaps ur ovulation is slightly later, thus can only hear the heartbeat fr week 7 or 8 onwards. its pretty normal.

and i am oso so bloated wif wind. i loved porridge but hv stopped taking coz porridge causes wind. so try to stop tt. the wind comes a few times a day. its really unbearable.
sad.gif

so i am trying to avoid all cooling stuff so as not to aggravate the situation. now i try to replenish my water wif warm one when it cools down. i believe it helps.

i hope we both feel better soon. i can fully understd how u feel. dread meal times and forcing myself to eat coz we hv to!

hi crystallized,
for my case, could only see the sac at very early or exact week 5 (about 4mm), seeing gynae at week 7, praying hard to see the embyro with heartbeat. By the way, what is the difference between gestation sac and yolk sac.
Also, throughout pregnancy, is our temp supposed to be high?

Hi Jenny, your info had been updated. hmm.. my ceremony will be 19Mar06, so now busy with all the wedding stuff.. coordination, preparation & more... will be taking my PS this coming friday, guess it will diaster since I dun feel very well after pregnant.

The wife: yup yup, our EDD is the same. but heard different stories everywhere.. my mum said 1st pregnancy will be late but my boss said it will be early. so lets just see.. heehee.. btw, is this your 1st one?

Wendy: lets keep the list going.. so glad to see so many MTBs. the postings is really long... will took quite some time to finish.

Hi all, dun worry, just eat whatever you feel like eating except cold stuff now... think every mums will go through these stages: puking, tiredness, sick & more. but at least now personally can feel that how great all mums are.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicky</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Tung</TD><TD>4th</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>gemini</TD><TD>6th</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybenmen</TD><TD>2nd-4th</TD><TD>Dr Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crystallised</TD><TD>1st week</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirlin</TD><TD>1st-2nd week</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Thye</TD><TD>7th</TD><TD>Dr Koh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>9th</TD><TD>Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lena</TD><TD>11th</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>wtan</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny</TD><TD>16th</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiemummy</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>thewife</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Delphine</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Dr A.Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>luckyme</TD><TD>3-4th week</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maynn</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>misterygal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin Chin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelynn</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr L.Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sidasta</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ryes</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonne</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back