(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Hi guys, I have great news to share - my son is finally cleared of his UTI, we did the DMSA (a scan where a dye is injected into his blood to determine if the UTI is caused by kidney failure) and he "passed" with flying colors - no more anti-biotics and no more KKH, yippee!

I received this as a forwarded mail but like it a lot so I thought I will share it here:

Mr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and founder of the M.K. Gandhi Institute for Non-violence, in his June 9 lecture at the University of Puerto Rico , shared the following story as an example of "non-violence in parenting":

"I was 16 years old and living with my parents at the institute my grandfather had founded 18 miles outside of Durban , South Africa , in the middle of the sugar plantations. We were deep in the country and had no neighbors, so my two sisters and I would always look forward to going to town to visit friends or go to the movies.

One day, my father asked me to drive him to town for an all-day conference, and I jumped at the chance. Since I was going to town, my mother gave me a list of groceries she needed and, since I had all day in town, my father ask me to take care of several pending chores, such as getting the car serviced. When I dropped my father off that morning, he said, ' I will meet you here at 5:00 p.m. , and we will go home together. '

After hurriedly completing my chores, I went straight to the nearest movie theatre. I got so engrossed in a John Wayne double-feature that I
forgot the time. It was 5:30 before I remembered. By the time I ran to the garage and got the car and hurried to where my father was waiting
for me, it was almost 6:00.

He anxiously asked me, ' Why were you late? 'I was so ashamed of telling him I was watching a John Wayne western movie that I said, '
The car wasn't ready, so I had to wait, not realizing that he had already called the garage. When he caught me in the lie, he said: '
There's something wrong in the way I brought you up that didn't' give you the confidence to tell me the truth. In order to figure out where I went wrong with you, I'm going to walk home 18 miles and think about it.'

So, dressed in his suit and dress shoes, he began to walk home in the dark on mostly unpaved, unlit roads. I couldn't leave him, so for five-and-a-half hours I drove behind him, watching my father go through this agony for a stupid lie that I uttered. I decided then and there that I was never going to lie again.

I often think about that episode and wonder, if he had punished me the way we punish our children, whether I would have learned a lesson at all. I don't think so. I would have suffered the punishment and gone on doing the same thing. But this single non-violent action was so powerful
that it is still as if it happened yesterday.

"That is the power of non-violence."

jerene

i think it is becos mr small is wearing a tall hat that makes him look kinda of comical. wow the story u posted did have a impact on me this morning. need to keep check on myself.

hi mummies..
seems like everyone is busy lately..it's been pretty quiet here..

meanwhile..was wondering if any mummies gg to bring the kids to Fan Yang's Gazillion Bubble Show at Downtown East on 18-20 June..hehe..

Wendy, we are away pretty much the whole of June, so nope, cannot go to the Fan Yang show...

Shir, glad the story helps
happy.gif

ted is down with fever since Tues, brought him to KKH on Thurs, lucky his lungs are ok, once he got cough and flu, he will always end up sick for whole month. Yesterday i got fever too, contracted his cough and flu.

my hubby colleague says that there is a form for tonic capsules good for the lungs, he got from a GP and subsequently buy from malaysia becos its cheaper...heard tat its an abstract of first milk from cow....anyone heard of it?

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">祝所有的伟大妈妈们:母亲节快乐,天天开心!</font></font>
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+2">Wishing all wonderful mummies a Happy Mothers' Day!</font></font>
happy.gif

Jerene
Glad to hear tt he "passed" with flying colours!
happy.gif
Thats indeed a piece of good news.

Aspialle
seems like the sick bug is in again. Sigh. its so dreadful - once it starts in my family, i get v scared... there's a total of 7 adults, 2 tods and 2 babies in close contact, 5 days a week!
sad.gif

today i went to see doc again as no improvement , doc says my lungs a bit "fa yen"...
ask me to go back after 3 days to check the lungs.fever still on and off.when i cough there are blood shreds in my phlegm

hi everyone

went for a photoshoot recently. very hard to get a nice family photo and damn i look old in the photos that i think i need to do something about my eyebag and hairdo. think the kiddos photo look better.

3978777.jpg

Shirley
awwww what a lovely photo...they are so cute! Which photographer? I also recently did a photo shoot of just the kids, can see on my FB...

Anyone going to The Dandelion's Story tomorrow at 5pm?

hi shirley..
hey, thanks for sharing the nice photos on the kids..this is a very nice shot..for a moment i thot it's zac's gf sitting next to him with him feeling a little shy leh..hehe..but time passes soo fast..meimei is sooo pretty now...whc PS u went?

Shirley
Ohhhhh so nice the photo. It is the mother's day promo??
N they both look like the same size like twins.......hahaha
U know aah mine cos E is so petite n short D always get comments that he is very tall n BIG....wahahhaha
N when they hear E talk they are very surprised cos they all tot that she is very young plus she has so little hair still!!!

dor..
i kept having the mindset that Brod is awaz a baby leh..haha..not sure if it's bcoz he's the youngest lo..but i cannot pic in my mind hor..he's turning 2 this coming Oct leh..then i also cant believe time passes soo fast..E is turning 2 in 2 mths time..it seems like they just turned 1 not long ago..my time stop liao..haha..

hello ladies

thanks for your compliments for the photos. yes it is the motherday's promotion by foto u. Wai Peng is the photograhpher

Dor
Lele is chubby and zac is skinny and short so end up they are almost the same size. i have quite a number of people asking me if they are twins. most people thought lele is 3 when she is only 2.

Jerene

Where did you go for the shoot? I will go check out on your fb. company cant access haiz

Wendy
i know time really flies. i am aiming to take photos annually to capture their development

shirley..
icic..it's indeed a nice shot lo..also lele is surely growing very well leh..so adorable and sweet..huggable leh..hee..it's nice that u r planning to hv their photos taken annually..gd idea too..

joke of the day: -
the other day Mav went to sch &amp; the chinese teacher asked all the kids who want to sing, please raise ur hands so Mav raised up his hands &amp; started to sing..

to our amusement, he sang "ai" and the chinese teacher almost freaked out coz he was expecting a kid to sing like "Happy Birthday song or maybe ABC" but he sang such oldies..when hubby came back telling us, everyone cannot stop laughing..

oh ya..
any one has any afforable and yet accessible hotels to recommend in malacca? m thinking if i can try to hv a chance to go for a 2D1N stay there since it's really tough for me to apply leave..stress...

Wendy
I also keep thinking of Ember as the baby in the family. Then must keep reminding myself she is big girl liao turning 2 liao.
Doesn't help that she is super teh n very small size lor. Last time I think I already not carrying D when he was this age liao. But now I still carrying this little girl around lor cos when I ask if she wanna come down to walk, she will ans "Mama walk".

Dor,
Same here
happy.gif

Kat already 2 years 3 mths and i still treating her like a small baby and expect kim to be more independent.. wrong mentality and still trying to change it because i think it will let kim feel bias.. and Kat only wants me all by herself. when kim comes near me, she bite kim.

Adeline,
Your Kat sounds like my Denise. Very hiong, she will bite jie jie if she cant get what she wants from jie jie. I really dun know how to discipline her. I beat her but she is not scared of me.
I guess it's her way to vent her angry since she dun really express herself well.

Ya Delphine.
I also dunno how.. but both of them very very scared of daddy and not me.i shout until voice hoarse they will still be jumping around.. daddy come out stare at them only they keep quiet liao.
So i keep telling my hubby to change from shift work to office if not i really lose control of them.

Yesterday after i cook, my hubby feed them they sit down and eat so obediently.. but i took over and ask hubby go eat right..
The kids immediately stand up and jump all over the sofa.. then spill the food.. I really angryy!! i shout and shout they dun care.. my hubby come and shout 1 time only they quiet down.. see....

hi delphine/adeline,

maybe we mummies have been screaming/scolding our kids too often, that's why they are immune to it and not afraid of us liao.
both my kids are afraid of my hb too, but he's also the one that both of them stick too...

hahaha...delphine, your denise is like my tristan, will bite jie jie or better still, pull jie jie hair if he cant get what he wants to...

Wah my case is opposite leh.....haahaha
Damien always snatch Ember's things then Ember jus complain to me and shout only....haha

They only scared of me leh. My hubby shout n shout n shout this 2 like no feeling 1...sigh
So I must be the siao cha bo at home lor.

Dor..
I can totally understand hw u feel lo..coz to me becoz Brod is younger so somehow I will shower him with TLC and at times when Mav sees I will also hug him la but bcoz when he’s naughty then I will scold him so he’s closer to hubby..hubby also feels that I m biased leh..but when Mav did something right then I will also praise him la in front of Brod..make him feel gd..hehe..

Gemini/Delphine..
Brod will also pull Mav’s hair leh..so at times I will have to really beat his hands infront of gorgor lo..then taking this as a good opportunity to trim Mav’s hair each time telling him that I trim his hair so that didi will not pull his hair..then he will really allow me to do so..haha..

Jasmine..
Nice to be able to meet up with u unintentionally..do hope we can get more chance in future ah..Alvis is really a tall boy..I can see that he’s eating well unlike the ever-fussy everything also do not want Mav..hehe..catch up one of the days ah..cheers~

<font color="0000ff">oh ya mummies..
just to share that if time permits everyone's scheudule..maybe u can try to make time to bring the kids to the SCDF Fire Stations..
it will be fun &amp; eye-opening experience for even adults too..great time for families bonding too..
check out my Facebook page, I brought the Ricky Brothers over to SCDF HQ at Paya Lebar sometime back this yr..cheers~</font>

Wendy
I have been thinking of brining the kids there since...............dunno when hahaha
But I have been very lazy n still have not done it....sigh
Hopefully soon soon.

hey dor..
i was wondering if we shd bring the kids for kite-flying but it might be tough for u to bring the 2 kids here in tampines..the big field in front of Jasmine's place is huge &amp; windy..very ideal for kite-flying leh..

Wendy
When when?? I dun mind actually. Go anywhere also same 1 lah. I've been wanting to bring D for kite flying......but the prob is....I've never flown a kite before or even tried to so I dunno hw. hahaha

hi dor/wendy,

u can bring your kids down punggol and join me. sometimes during weekends evenings (5pm plus) will bring the 2 kids to fly kite.
same as dor, it's my hb who fly the kite, after it's in the sky, then i take over... kekeke...

dor/gemini/delphine..
aa..i cannot go over punggol leh..my time very pte ltd one..coz hubby at times also need to go back offc to clear some work on sun..so tampines is my only possibility leh..hehe..

i will usually be the one to lift up the kite then pass on to both boys..in the midst u will see my hubby standing either carrying Brod or trying to help out..hehe..

Hi Gemini,
ah.. ok, will drop by someday to join you for the kite-flying session.

Wendy,
i can understand.. tampines do have big open field for kite flying?

delphine..
yap..yap...there's a big field in front of the Tamp Design and Build blocks of flats..so it's rather windy to fly kites there..but..but..i think i need to get new kites..

where do u all mummies get ur kites from? the ones i bot from SKP &amp; Toyrus is almost gone..i m looking at one with tail..

aspialle..
okok..the next round we hv a kite-flying in tampines i let u..i didnt knw u stayed near to DBSS..whc side r u at? i also did not know that giant sells kite leh...thot shd be stationary shops..hehe..

hehe I jus bought kites at Taka today.
They have the toys fair I think and I saw the disney kites that are so nice I had to get them. LOL
$6.90 each ex anot??

Wendy
I dunno .....keke
But its not big, I think pretty small bah considered. Jus nice for D kind of size I feel and dunno if other kites outside as the same but the 'bone' is like flexible plastic not sticks. Which I think is good lah cos from the way D keeps pulling and banging it around yest. It probably would have already broke if it were not plastic.....LOL

dor..
icic..indeed the stick is dangerous..now Mav like to hold stick in his hands then Brod will want to follow..dun give he will lie his whole body on the floor &amp; cry loud..

he's really getting naughty and very spolit by IL during the day coz they really will treat him like the king..sigh..

Wendy
I stayed in Langham Place in Mongkok(The Langham is another hotel in TST). The train station is directly underneath and it is very very near the ladies street and a few other shopping streets.

Brod also learn swimming liao huh....LOL
That what I very scared lor that the kids will get pampered by our parents. D tells me he likes to go to my dad's place cos he can eat anything he wants. So I told him I let him stay there lor and he refuse.....hehehe
But when he grow older then different story liao cos my dad has been wanting him to stay over since he was very very young lor. Guess I must be very stern in my refusals....not even once kind lor.

dor..
okok, i will go xplore &amp; chk out...thanks..

haha..Brod is training for junior catergory for youth olympic games championship this aug lo..i m sure no others kiddos at his age can win him in this "swimming stunt"..he's even more garang than Mav at his age then lo..

the thing abt him also is hor, he's really not afraid of cane one lor..haha..u show him the cane, he will think it's a longer-version of a drum-stick to beat a drum or something..haha..

Wendy
We tried to bring the kids for kite flying today since we have kites and guess what.......
When we are reaching the rain start falling.....hahaha
So zun man.......keke

Ember is super xiao jie 1 lor. U shout louder only she will bian zui. U continue abit she will cry until super poor thing 1 lor......sigh
My cane dun have to apear 1 lor. If she does something not supposed to I will ask her if she wanted to be cane and she will say "No" then tell her dun do it lor and she "Okie" then okie liao lor......sigh
Girls are so much easier.......ask me to have another boy......I really shudder at the tot.

Need advice

recently ted is behaving very badly...i don't know why. he does not want to listen to us at all. whenever we try to reason with him or raise our voice, he will say " you don't want me already"...etc but we never say such things to him before.

he is becoming naughtier and hard to teach him...
any suggestions? i am also trying to make him shake off the milk bottle addiction but he just refuse to drink milk if we offer cup or water bottle

Back