(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Hi amy,
Megan's nose was like that last time running down visibly but it is clear not yellowish... that time we use lots of tissue to roll away the mucus...wanna gif your PD a call and ask if it's ok to see yellowish ones?

yes 2 weeks and they dun clear up very soon

Hi Amy,

BB having bronchitis tends to drink less milk as phlegm is stuck inside their wind pipe.

When Natalie suffer bronchitis, she is also on neubiliser for 8days. Sign of recovery is faster than just taking medicine as it can takes more than 2weeks to recover. When she cough u can try to pat her back gently. THIS helps to dissolve the phlegm easier. Try to give her porridge. No FISH cos my mum told mi fish wil make them cough. What i do is jus plain porridge with bit soya sauce. I didnt give her cereal also. Give her more water it helps to dissolve phlegm.

Don worry she will be recover fast.

Baby Yoplait

... can be purchased from Jason's Supermarket at basement 1 of Paragon.

Heinz Multigrain Cereal

... gave my boy since 7 months. No problem.

Healthy Times Cereal (assorted - barley, brown rice...)

... poo increase to 3-4 times a day. After I stop and revert to Heinz, it's back to the usual 1-2 times. Hmmm...

FOX

Extra 15% off has been going on for a while for FOX members. Just spent $60+ yesterday. They have more decent looking baby clothes, but I personally feel they still cannot compare to those from Old Navy.

Bossini also have their own line of baby clothes. Expensive and not that nice either.

Amy,
wow your MIL so good, wake up in the middle of nite to help feedbaby..
happy.gif

Leia,
agree with you on the FOX and Bossini stuff...

Cereal,
I am giving my son the Heinz Banana Multigrain cereal and Earth's Best Oats.
He doesn't really like the banana cereal.. not sure why, but seems to prefer the plain one.

Yogurt,
I only found the Petit Miam one at Cold Storage so I am giving him this first... I used to eat this brand and like it. Only thing I am scared its a bit too sweet. Hope to find the baby yoghurt one day too.

Baby clothes,
nowadays I tend to buy online or from push carts like those in Raffles place etc. I find the FOX tops ok for boys but the pants a bit to rough or tight...
Girls have it luckier... more variety...
happy.gif
so pretty and sweet.

Baby sleeping place,
my boy is still sleeping in his cot..I am thinking of changing to mattress on floor so he wont have to fall off a bed.. but only afraid he will wake up and crawl around my room and under my bed :p so will remain in cot for a bit longer hehehe
my hubby wanted to get a yao lan b4 he was born, but on hindsight, maybe its good we didnt..
i didnt know babies will get so used to it... ryan now takes naps on any bed... the spare room bed, mattress on the floor or my old bed in my mum's house...
on the other hand, maybe baby in yao lan will sleep better and longer??

piyo, jesline..
will ur babies come out frm yao lan? Elysia has been turing 360' in the yao lan.. somemore can be easily out of yao lan herself.. scarly rite... one time she can look at me on her tummy position, one hand holding the yao lan's cloth...faint..very dangerous ley.. so i always make myself remember to put a mattress below the yao lan.. or check on her every min.. really hope she can hurry switch to sleep on bed during the day..much safer.. haha..
today she went for her assessment.. wgt 8.3kg, hgt 70cm.. hm.. actually not bad liao.. especially after sick, still can gain a little bit, cannot 'hiam' liao.. haha.. today also let her try egg yolk & fish porridge.. haha..same.. finish one big bowl.. hope everythin is fine.. so tt can eat egg.. the nurse in polyclinic told me to try egg yolk now.. if ok, then egg white when she's 1 yr old..

Hi Doris,
Baby Zoh went to the polyclinic today for assessment too. He weights only 7.8 kg, at the 25th percentile. I was quite worried, bec a pd that he saw earlier say he underwgt. But today, the nurse says its ok. It is probably due to genes as all bb is diff. I was so relieved.

The nurse told me can give egg yolk too. then I very excitedly went to cold storage and bought the freshest egg I can find, even though I still have many eggs in my fridge. My hubby couldnt stand me. Hi hi.

Hi mummies,
I just want to share this new way my mum discover to feed bb medicine , without getting into a struggle/ fight with him. She realise that all bb loves to bite things, so she put the syringe gently into his mouth(dont push the top of the syringe yet). He will bite onto the syringe(as predicted), then she slowly release the medicine bit by bit. Bravo......it was so much easier and bb didnt cry.

Looks like a lot of babies are making progress...

I'm very happy today!! My baby finally crawls....and then I realise is more tiring now...cos need to watch him and catch him!!!

Sleeping - my baby sleep in a baby mattress next to my mattress on our platform bed. Every night, he will do all his acrobat stunt before zzz...then u'll find him at the other side of the bed in the middle of the night....

Hi, crisann

i also need to rock baby every night by hands since from birth to 2mth old.... very tiring & stressful..... then my mum asked me to use yao lan & it indeed solve all those problem....

Hi, crisann/doris
Jia Hui also very active in her yao lan... keep turning 360 degree when she dont want to sleep... then yesterday night, put her in her yao lan after her milk & she keep turning & suddenly, saw that the lower half of her body hanging outside of the yao lan.... & her legs touching the floor & quickly get out of bed & noticed that she is sleeping... still can sleep in this way.. so quickly put her in properly & zip up the yao lan... so scary....

brought her home yesterday & her mosquitoes bites increased.... & become worse... so brought her to see a GP & the doc also said poor thing... cos the bites quite serious..... give her some medicine & cream.... but never give her medicine as checked with my sis & said that this medicine better dont give to baby lor....

her weight now is 9kg....
happy.gif

Hi White Lady,
Think you have not emailed me your addr. I can't go to your place to collect the milk powder tomorrow if I don't have your addr.

My email is [email protected]

You can send your addr to this email. Can I come around 11.00 - 11.30 am?

Can you email me your hp number / home number for contact?

Hi Mummies

The mosquires repellend that I brought fm NTUC is Mortein liquid vaporiser but as per my hubby he was saying even is it odorless it is still not gd for us to breath in. So we had brought the Advante Blackhole Mosquito buster. Now DIY shop is having offer. Selling at S$98 with free water purifer.

hi mummies,
just brought aidan for his 2nd prevenar jab yesterday and he cried so hard, same as the last time... can see some blood on his handyplus... believe the needle is thicker than the usual 5-in-1 ones... anyway, pd told me not to feed too much papaya, pumpkin & carrot cuz they will cause the skin to turn "yellowish"... aidan now weighs 10kg at 74cm...

Hi Doris

I using those yao lan cloth with 2 end sew. So not so dangerous. Cos Crisann fall fm the yao lan twice so scare liao that why brought that. If not u can use a baby safe pin to pin the end.

Hi Jesline

So poor thing. Seem like we hv the same problem with out kid. Agree with u really v tired. That why when Crisann is 2 wks old faster ask ppl to install the yao lan hook even though my mum say suppose to wait till she is 1 mth old than can install. Wah so scary leh. Think u must be shock to see her in that way. Crisann is also around 9kg+. The blackhole u brought is not effective? Btw as per my GP, can apply Wu Pi Qao for baby. Had apply for Crisann. Quite effective.

Hi Jokojoko

Thks for the information. Only know that papaya and carrot can't feed them often didn't know about pumpkin. Think must quickly inform my mum.

Hi, crisann

i also bought the Black hole.... is effective but it is in baby room & baby kena mosquitoes bites in the living room.... already asked mil to clean up the house lor....

at least, u "suffered" for 2 weeks... i "suffered"for abt 2 mths... hee hee hee but sometime really missed those days when rock baby to sleep in our arms... now do that, baby will resist... hee hee hee

baby's mosquitoes bites is ok now but cos she scratched it very badly due to itchness so now left with those marks lor still recovering.... bought mosquitoes patches & hanged on her walker & also stick on her walker ... hope no more mosquitoes bites

ya lor... a Big Shock... & she can still sleep in that position....

Hi, jokojoko
the pnemococcal jab is much more painful than the rest of the jab as doc said that they need to inject the needle deep into the skin as it is more effective that way....

Hi Jesline

Oic. Or maybe u can buy those plug on 1 for the living hall to prevent her fm been bite again. 2 wks already v tired can't imagine is 2 mths. Really pei fu u.... Same lor now wana rock her like baby she resist....

That great. Hope she recover fm mosquitoes bite soon.

Is there any side effect for pnemococcal jab? Hah normal jab me already feel the pain when inject to her skin. Can't imagine if will to give her the jab for pnemococcal.

Hi, Crisann

side effect is fever lor... cos she got slight fever for her 1 & 2 jab lor.....

my gal only cried for a few second & stop when distracted her with toys .... doc said she very brave lor.... hee hee hee... think she is thick skin.... ha ha ha...

Hi Jesline

Okie. Gd leh as she does not cry for long. Crisann once she saw e jab she wana cry liao.

As per my GP he say actually is not necessary to take the jab unless kid is going to childcare. So thought of giving her e jab when she is 1 yr old so that they won't be inject with so many jab. If not so poor thing.

Hi Piyo

Other than DIY giant also have the promotion.

Hi, crisann

as long got something interesting for her to play, thnk she is ok one lor....

where u bought the mosquitoes patches from???

Hey Amy & Piyo,

I noted the change for MYGYM to 14th July for me.. Piyo, thanks to TT the $$ to Amy yah!!

crisann & jesline,
um, i had same problem as you both then, Jadelle kept on wanting to be carried and rocked to sleep.. but i never put her in yao lan leh.. now, jadelle only need to pat pat on her butt like 5 mins and she will koonz.. The result was toner arms for MIL & me.. MY MIL ah.. she lost 6kg when she started to help me jaga bb... she claims very effective to lose weight siahz..

Hi Jesline

Hehehe. Children is liked that I guess. I brought from pharmacy. Is natural ingredient 1. Can last for 72 hrs.

Hi Jasmine

So hor now she can sleep easily when u pat pat her. Crisann now even she is v tired so still resist to sleep. Looking after children really can slim down. My mum also slim down after looking after Crisann. I alway joke with her. Save $$$ don't have to waste $$$ for the sliming.

Hi Julie Lim
Good for you..your boy knows how to crawl already. My boy still dun know how to crawl. He only drags on his tummy. Only backwards and sidewards direction. My boy has heavy bottom??Hmmm. He likes to stand and walk.. He can hold my hands and walk. I mean both hands.. Then pull to stand is depending height of the bar or can hold my hand to standing position.. Only can pull to stand when bar is around his tummy level.. He also dun know how to change position from tummy to sitting.I think he may skip his crawling. Haizz.

Hi Honeyhaven

Crisann also like your son still don't know how to crawl. trying to crawl but she can't manage it she will scream for help. Think most children will start with backwards 1st leh. She also like that. She is learning to walk. She alway wanted to hold out hands to walk. So busy. Than after she stand she will grip only 1 of our hand. Think she is able to stand and walk only holding 1 of my hand. She also can hold on to chair to stand up on her own. When she is in her playpen. She can stand grip to a holder to help her stand up. Than she will walk around the playpen.

Mygyms Waddlers Trial 2 Great World City - $29.50 (Payment to be advised)

14th JULY SAT 1:30 2:30PM
1. honeyhaven, hubby, kayden - Paid
2. butter8, hb & ryan - Paid
3. jasmine, hubby & jadelle - Payment pending Piyo's transfer
4. jokojoko, hb, aidan & maid - Paid
5. mrschng, hb, Jordan - Paid
6. net,hubby & evan - Paid
7. Amberlyn, hubby, Jor - ok
8. jojos, lucas - OK
9. smlow - OK
10. SI, hb, Crisann - Paid

piyo, got your transfer for $147.50. Crisann, got your atm transfer.

Amy,
How's rae?? Betta?

Jasmine,
I oso rocked my gal to sleep every weekend. As wan her to adapt to envi whereby no rocker she oso can sleep.

Butter,
Not every bb in yao lan will sleep longer. My gal sometimes nap only for 1 hour in yao lan. In mattress she can nap for 3 hours straight if i switch aircon on.

Hi, crisann

is the mosquitoes patches that hr hubby bought in red packet box & at the back of the box, it stated can last for 3-4 days if used indoor????

Hi Crisann & Cecelia,

Thanks for asking. In the end, I brought her to another PD on sat (instead of waiting till Monday as I have to work) as it is only a matter of time that I need to bring her to see the PD again as she's finishing the medicine plus she's losing her voice.

This PD prescribed other types of medicine after seeing that the existing medicine doesn't see effective plus there isn't one that tackle her phlegm. This PD also prescribed nose drops. She also commented that the previous PD seems to have given her 'too high' a dosage which side effects include increased crankiness and more active etc.

After the new medicine, Rae is now much better, finally starts to drink milk after almost a week without milk.

What I learnt from this episode is :
1) Right from the beginning,adminster the medcine properly, If I have 'forced feed' (syringe) the medicine from day one instead of trying to 'psycho' Rae to take medicine by spoon feeding her, add in water , add in puree, her condition may not have worsen.

2) Drinking lots of lots of fluid/water is very important. My girl never really likes water or barley etc. So, when she stops taking milk, it because even worse that she don't have sufficient fluid. And, with increased crying, she starts to develop sore throat. I start to resort to using syringe almost 5-6 times hourly over the weekend to make sure she consume water.

3) At one point, I almost give in to my MIL to resort to chinese herbs/powder such as pearl powder, chuan bei etc. But, in the end I stood by giving time for the medicine to take effect. Not that I don't believe in chinese's powder but if I have mixed them at the same time, I will not be able to pin point exactly which medicine is wrong etc.

I'm writing this down as a debrief for myself. And, mummies do let your babies drink lots of lots of water.

My ger is still sick too.
Almost 2 weeks already.
still running nose and coughing..
during the weekends even diarrhea.
I give her smecta..

So My mum is monitoring her.. if persisted, then I will bring her to PD again.. These 2 weeks already brought her to 3 PD - Spore baby and child, KK hospital and Kidzlink already..

sad.gif

Hi Jesline

Think so. Will go back and check the brand and advise u.

Hi Amy

Great to hear that. Rae so poor thing. Thks for the information. Will note it down.

Hi Rain

Hope your ger get well soon. Seem like a lot of people is sick. I so worry for Crisann.

Hi, crisann

the one that i bought, the patch is with smiling face....

Hi, amy

glad to hear that rae is getting better...

Hi, rain

hope that yr ger will recover soon.... do let her drink more water

Hi rain,

Why do you have to go to different PD? I change because the first time, I went to a GP then the PD I went to for the second time is really no good so in the end I asked around for recommendation and got to this PD on Sat. Quite like her, sympathetic, patient and more detailed.

Where do you stay?

Hi Amy,

I stay in punggol ..

I went to AMK singapore baby clinic is bcos my mum stay in AMK. I went to Kidzlink in Sengkang when i was in punggol.

I went to KK is bcos Sunday there is no doc..
=(

Hi Rain,

oic. Hope ur girl will get well soon. Yah, we very xin ku and the caregiver even more xin ku, like my MIL because she sees the sick baby more so even more anxious when baby is taking quite some time to get well. Everyday, we will be like, why the medicine not working, maybe we should do this, do that, we shouldn't have do this etc.

yeah me going too...

can get sample mah.. spend so much on her medical already, need to get some freebies too

my sis told me the goodies bag quite good lei

Hi Rain

I'm not v sure about the freebies. The talk will only start at 2pm. Collection of freebies is fm 12.30 pm - 1 pm.

Hi Rain

I had called them up. They was saying there is a carnival fm 11.30am - 4pm. but the talk only start at 2pm. So don't have to go so early lor. Collection of freebies will be fm 12.30 pm - 1.30pm.

Back