(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Hi dear,

I just tested positive on Wednesday. This will be my second baby. First one born 8 mths plus ago. Now feeling a bit lost. Cos just got a new job. Is this your first?

Hi All,

Finally saw this thread :D !! I tested positive on last friday and EDD will be on 2/Aug.

Hi Angeline,

I also just in my new job for 1 mth ..... dunno how to tell my new boss later
sad.gif
. But really don't care now, because I trying to have a baby for 9 mths already....now still very happy
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Can i check how r u gals feeling now, after u have tested +ve. When r u gals visiting the gynae?? Btw when r yr LMD?? So right now u all r how many weeks already??

Hi honeyhaven,

My LMD is 25th Oct, now should be 6 weeks. I tested +ve on my week 5 then directly goto see gynea. Actually if you don't have any abnormal spoting or bleeding then u can wait until 7 weeks only see the gynea.
Because on my w5 can't really see anything, my next visit will be on next week
happy.gif

Hi wanli,
My LMD is 31st Oct. My appt with gynae is this tomorrow. I tested myself and went to GP to confirm +ve. What did the gynae do in yr first visit??

Hi Honeyhaven,
Congrat!!
happy.gif
On my first visit she did an ultrascan on me to see if she could find the "seed-like"foetus inside my womb, and we saw it, so she confirm I'm pregnant. Then she told me my EDD will be on 2 Aug. After that she has explain alot of thing like what can eat, what can not, excercise, and the whole process of the pregnancy.

Basically we just ask whatever question we have. Anyway, my gynea is really patient and gentle, she spend an hour for us and also give me some folic acid.

Which gynea u will go? Can share with me her charge?

thanks

Hi wanli,
Thank you and congrats to u too. My gynae I am visiting tomorrow is Dr Adrain from Thomson Women clinic. I dun know how is he, but i notice quite a number of them using him, so i just called the clinic for appt. I dun know how much he charge too. Will let u know after the first appt. Wow yr gynae is very patient.. Spend 1 hr with u, so nice of her.. When will be yr next appt??? How are you feeling now?? So right now are you taking folic acid only... I am taking folic acid before I preggie.. So the GP who confirm my pregnancy asked me to continue taking.. I bought my folic acid from unity pharmacy. 5mg... The folic acid your gynae gave u how much mg??? BTW, how much u paid for yr first visit?? and how old r u this yr?? hehehe. Pai seh so many qns..

Thank you.

is ok, my job is quite free so I feel so happy got someone chat with me. We can sharing infor
happy.gif
. This is my first baby so everything is new to me....

Haha, I also found my gynea from this forum, she is jocelyn wong from TMC also. My next app will be on 16/Dec, by then will be my week 7 so doctor said can hear bb heartbeat
happy.gif
. I guess you should be on yr 5 weeks now.
hmmm.....everyday I feel very tired and sleepy
sad.gif
, my tummy like alot of "wind" inside.....feel hungry easily..... how about you?

Yah, my doc only give me folic acid now, she said will give me calcium and other vitamin on my next visit... she afraid i eat so many tablet later vomiting out :p . Yah...my folic acid also 5mg, a small yellow color tablet.

First visit for my gynea is $78. because we buy the folic acid so total pay around $86. My gynea didn't charge me the scan on my first visit :p. kekekek..... she is quite generous.... because normally every scan will cost $38.

May be you can ask yr gynea how much for his package? because normally they will have package start from 16/20 weeks which will save our money. We can still consider which gynea we want to sign up the package with. hahha, because I'm too paiseh, so will only consider female gynea loh.

Me on my 29 :p , how about you? is this yr first baby?

Hi wanli,
Yah this is our first baby.. A lot things also dun know. I feel sore breast, sleepy, tired and tummy a lot wind. For example, last night I slept at 7.30pm and woke up at 8.30pm. Then slept again at 11pm. Will u wake up middle of the night to go toilet and then can't fall asleep anymore.. And whole body like quite hot.. I just eat as normal like last time. I am born in the 1977 so should be 28. For me, I also pai seh... but i think the male gynae also see until dun want to see liao, so i tell myself should be ok.. My folic acid i bought from unity pharmacy also yellow colour 100 pcs $2.52. I think is the cheaperst in the market... Thank you for info.

hmmm, look like our situation is almost the same
happy.gif
. Yah, i always got to wake up at the middle of the night then can not sleep anymore.

So you are one yr younger than me.

yah, is not the doc problem lah, is myself feel not comfortable with. wah, it is really cheap
happy.gif
. Yah, you should continue to eat, it is very important for bb.

Hi all mummies-to-be, congratulations to everyone here!! May I join in the joy of pregnancy too ...... hee!! I tested +ve end of last month & did a scan, but gynae tell be cannot see my little one yet.......

Hi Wanli & Honeyhaven,
I feel the same too, always so tired ..... worst like on a sleeping marthon everytime night falls........feels so hot too 24hrs!!! this will be our first baby too, so will need alot of tips :p

BTW heard watermelon & del monte bananas are very cooling, small bananas are fine but eat in moderation. To avoid papaya, tomato, liver etc....anything with vitamin A is no good for bb developement now. I was told no tonics in the 1st trimester, true???? anyone any idea??? will appreciate any other infor, thnx & good day!!!

Halo everyone,
I jus went to my gyane today to confirm my pregnancy. He took such a long time to locate the dot & my heart was pumping so fast all the while. I'm due on 6 Aug
happy.gif
Currently 5 weeks pregnant. Have been told to go back to gynae again next week to confirm.

Watermelons & del monte bananas r to be avoided cos like wat nicole has said, they're cooling. Liver is to be avoided. I nvr heard dat tomatoes r to be avoided though. Papayas r cos scared dat bb will kena jaundice if we eat too much of it. Watever it is, everything shd be eaten in moderation.

Hi Nicole & bearybear,
Welcome joining this thread
happy.gif
, we can have more MTB sharing infor here. What is yr CD now?

The first thing NOT to eat in my gynea list is "coffee and tea", then raw meet, alkohol and liver. No sure about tonics but my gynea said can not eat Ginseng and dang gui. Other than that I think should be fine.

Hi WanLi,

Tks, and I finally found this thread. Thanks for all the info you have shared. Do you mean that your gynae is only available on Friday evening?

Oops, i just had my 3-in 1 coffee. I don't feel warm as honeyHaven, but always not enough sleep. My BBT drop by 0.1 degrees today. And I read some threads that says Clearblue kit is not reliable. I begin to feel worried. I am going to test again this sunday. Should I use the 1st urine of the day?

Just wanna ask, do you have a few seconds of pain sometimes, then you can feel you are releasing your CM. And when you go to the toilet to check, there is no discharge?

wanli,
Wats CD? Erhhh, i'm still drinking coffee, though not as much as b4. like mebbe a quarter of a cup. I read up on vit A. There r 2 gp. Liver belongs to 1 gp n is a NO NO. Carrots, papaya etc belongs to another gp so can be eaten in moderation. In fact we nid to consume some amt of tis gp of vit A for foetus lungs development.

Dino,
Clearblue is supposed to be reliable & it's quite a trusted brand. For me i tested twice using clearblue kit. Jus remb to follow the instructions.
Wats CM?

Hi Dino,
If you go Bedok clinic, then she is only there on every friday 6pm-10pm. Most of the time she will be in TMC clinic.

Yes, you should use the 1st urine of the day. but if you are really pregnant with high enough HCG level then anytime you will able to get the +ve result. For my case I tried in the morning and night to confirm the result.
happy.gif
Don't worry, you just need to wait few more days then the result should be very confirm.

Coffee as long as not more than 2 cups should be fine, but I just try not to drink....now change to drink milk every morning
happy.gif

Yah...I have the pain on/off, that's why at first I never suspect I'm pregnant, just thot it is usual as the sign of my AF but it got nothing. I believe it is usual loh, you can ask gynea when u see her.

Hi bearybear,

forgot the full name for CD but basically it is count by the first day of yr last period. For me, i am CD45 today. Think CM should be
EWCM = egg white cervical mucus

Wanli,
thnx 4 the tips!! me quite new, dunno wats CD too. pls enlighten, thnx.

honeyhaven,
4 info my gynae prescribed 5mg folic acid, says more than sufficient 4 bb now.

dino,
I tested once with clearblue normal testkits & was not sure of the result coz line was faint. Then I tested twice with clearblue digital & the result was obviously clear!!! maybe you want to try that just to set your heart at ease. test anytime is alright. anyway, congrats!!

Hi, copy this from some other thread.

<font color="red">You are 5 Weeks Pregnant! </font>
(Counting from the first day of your last menstrual period)

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU

Your body is working overtime to produce a special new life. You may feel exhausted and unusually cranky. Of course, running to the bathroom every few minutes doesn't help. This is due to your increased metabolism and growing uterus. Your breasts may be particularly tender now and you may find that sleeping in a sports bra helps. Don't worry, breast growth will slow within the next three weeks.

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

During the next few days, your baby's heart will start early contractions, which later become distinct beats. By the end of the third week of gestation (five weeks in menstrual age) the length of the embryo is about 1.5 to 2 millimeters long. All of your baby's major organs are under development, and facial features, such as ears and eyes, begin to form. The neural tube, which will later be referred to as the spinal cord, will fuse this week. And buds appear that will soon be the arms and legs. No wonder you are so tired!

<font color="red">You are 6 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Feeling positively ill? Does the smell of coffee make you want to dash for the bathroom? If so, it sounds like morning sickness. Nausea affects one third to one half of all pregnant women and usually abates by the start of the second trimester. It may be caused by a higher level of estrogen, as well as the rapid expansion of the uterus. But wait, there is some good news: Studies show that morning sickness may be related to a slightly lower risk of miscarriage. (Please don't worry if you are feeling perfectly fine. Count your blessings!)

Your baby's length is now about 3 to 5 millimeters -- about the size of a peppercorn! The brain is forming three separate parts: the forebrain (memory and reasoning), the midbrain (translates messages from the brain to organs and limbs) and the hindbrain (regulates breathing and muscle movement). At this point the embryo is now three-dimensional and completely enclosed in the amniotic sac.

Your baby's heart is now beating and blood circulation is evident. The kidneys and liver are growing fast, and the neural tube, which connects the brain with the spinal cord, closes.

The placenta is rapidly developing, however, it will not take over hormone production until about week 12.

<font color="red">You are 7 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Rapid acceleration of hormones can cause your face to break out. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleaner and drink plenty of water. If you are taking vitamin B6 to help with nausea, you may find it also improves the condition of your skin.

Your waist may already be expanding, causing your clothes to feel snug. You may experience constipation and have occasional bouts of indigestion. Some women also feel a bit dizzy or lightheaded at times. (Of course, any persistent symptoms that concern you should be immediately reported to your practitioner.)

Your baby-to-be is the size of a small bean, measuring in at approximately 9 to 11 millimeters, crown to rump. Dark spots, mark the early formation of the eyes. Pits indicate the formation of nostrils and ears. Your baby's brain is developing rapidly, and limbs and facial characteristics are now forming. Your baby's heart now has a right and left chamber. An ultrasound may be able to detect heart motion. The esophagus and trachea are changing and differentiating into separate tubes, with lungs positioned on either side.

<font color="red">You are 8 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Are you feeling a bit bloated? Indigestion and bloating are common complaints of pregnancy. A slowed digestive process causes these symptoms and allows your bloodstream to better absorb nutrients that are then passed on to your baby. You may find relief from wearing loose-fitting clothes, eating small, frequent meals, chewing your food thoroughly and avoiding high fat foods.

No matter how uncomfortable these sensations are for you, rest assured that your baby is oblivious to your pain. As long as it doesn't affect your ability to eat healthy meals, your discomfort may be a nuisance, but it is harmless.

Your baby's head is quite big, due to the rapid growth of the brain. The upper limbs resemble paddles. Your baby-to-be's heart begins to separate into four chambers, and blood is circulating throughout the body. Intestines form within the umbilical cord, but will later migrate back into the abdominal cavity. In the next few days, foot plates, with the beginnings of toe rays, will appear. The external ears are now present. Your baby is now 10 to 13 millimeters long -- about the size of a cherry. The cells that will become either testes or ovaries arrive, but there is no obvious sign of gender yet. Muscle contractions are beginning, but these early "movements" are not yet perceptible.

bearybear,
congrats to you!! may I ask when's your LMD?

TO ALL,
anyone started using stretch mark cream?? heard it's good to start early. anyone heard of this brand call "PALMERS MASSAGE CREAM 4 STRETCHMARK"?? in singapore, selling $30+++ i think. good???

wanli,
if CD counts from 1st day of LMD, i should be CD55 today. dun mind me asking whens your LMD &amp; EDD? gynae say my cycle abnormal, cun see little dot yet so cun tell me EDD, so envious at least you know.......

Hi niki,

Stretchmark cream is also something i want to know :D , I got no idea about this. but should we use it so soon? Hope someone can help us on this.

Hi niki,

My LMD is 25/Oct and EDD will be on 2 Aug. Yah, I think yr period must be punctual in order to estimate the EDD. Don't worry, you will see it eventually
happy.gif
. My first visit to gynea on my week 5 and doctor said the baby is about 1cm long ....really happy. Can't wait for the next appointment, hope everything going well.

wanli,
my GF used this brand her last preggie during 1st &amp; 2nd trimester then switched to MUSTELA 4 last trimester, said more "powerful" &amp; more EXPENSIVE but not necessary 4 early stage. I've seen frens who are not diligent with stretchmark creams &amp; they really regreted, so I think better be safe then sorry, start early coz we want to be pretty mummies too what :p will u be interested if I can get the PALMERS @ close 2 40% off Singapores price??? no promises though coz a fren going overseas &amp; I know its cheaper there.

Thanks all.
Niki:
Actually I used the "+ve and -ve" of the ClearBlue normal kit. The second time I use the "1 line and 2 lines" of the ClearBlue normal kit on both different mornings. Both turn out to be positive. But, when I went to GP,normal clinic, I was tested negative.Hmmm... I will use another brand to test this sunday to final confirm.
May I ask what is stretchmark and what is the stretchmark cream for?
HoneyHaven:
We are same age
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I bought MUSTELA and palmer stretch mark cream. I bought mustela at kiddy palace... 2 for $88 (value pack) and palmers cost $19 something at guardian. I bought 3 now..as i can still share with my elder sis, she is also preggie.. Now 4mths plus...
happy.gif

Hi dino and niki,
Congrats to you too.

Hi ladies,
I just now went to buy something and the aunite selling says that i put on weight.. Then she show with the hand and ask me whether i am preggie?? I just smile and ask her how she know?? She says can see from my bust much bigger than last time... Wow this auntie really expert..., i weight last night same as last time 52.5 kg. I am still trying to hide from people abt my preggie news until 3 mths later... We only told our parents and sibling.. How abt u gals??

Hi niki,

Yah yah, we want to be pretty mummies too
happy.gif
. How much after 40% discount? which country yr fren going to?

Hi Honeyhaven,
Me too, try to hide until 3 mths later. Now only parents and some close fren know it. Non of my colleague know about it..... hope don't have any morning sickness...if not difficult to hide...

honeyhaven,
is palmers having promotion too?? thnx 4 updates on the bargains, will head to kiddy palace to standby mustela, heehee.....

ya.... me told immediate family only too.... wait till i show then will share the news with the world....heehee......

dino,
you know wat??? my GF has the same incident as you. at home test +ve, gynae test -ve. weird right???? now I start to think whether the brands of test kit gynae use is reliable or not??? go try the clearblue digital, I bet on it, now guardian selling $29.90 for 2 pieces. Stretchmarks are ugly looking red lines that will form on our tummy once the bb grows &amp; our tummy expands. The skin on tummy stretches &amp; forms those marks hence called stretchmarks. stretchmark creams are concentrated &amp; it penetrates through our skin to help &amp; prevent these ugly looking stretchmarks. REMEMBER, do not use any other ointments on our tummy, bad for bb. be diligent in applying it or you will still see the crawly red marks after birth!!!

wanli,
tink in states convert to sgd$16-17++. but hey honeyhaven manage to find in guardian now selling for $19!! quite cheap already.....

I also talk to bb everyday say no MS please then I can go to work or my boss will tell me byebye!! :p

wanli,
thnx 4 info. will check b4 investing..... looks like its product hunting time....hmmmm....

niki,
My LMP is 30 Oct. So EDD is 6 aug. But from scan yday, the EDD is stated as 9 aug (National Day BB). Hehehe..actually this is not very accurate. The dates r purely estimates.
I have frens who use stretchmark creams during pregnancy but still got stretchmarks after delivery. For me, i wasn't too faithful in applying it during my 1st pregnancy, so now alot of 'jiao jiao' lines on my tummy. SO in actual fact, i dunno how useful stretchmark cremas r.

Hi niki,
When the gynae scan for u is from the tummy or from below?? I scan from tummy cannot see anything also. The gynae says is still early. My gynae ask me to go 2 weeks later.. He didn't scan from below...he says from tummy cannot see not necessary see from below.. I am getting a bit worried. Only can see the uterine lining thickening... I considered tested +ve very early. My last LMD is 31st oct, but my cycle is 44 days.., but i tested +ve on 3rd dec even before my due date..cause 3rd was my hubby's birthday, so i test for fun...who knows +ve..then went to GP also tested +ve..but how come cannot see.. How many weeks r u now?? Gynae says i only 4 weeks, i tested +ve even before my menses due date.

bearybear,
thnx for info, like tat I estimate my BB should be slightly earlier than yours coz my LMD is 15oct. my next scan will be on 19dec. hopefully I can see something then :p maybe this time round you motivate yourself to be more diligent with stretchmark creams &amp; less "jiaojiao" lines will appear, who knows maybe dissappear??!!

honeyhaven,
I did my first scan when I am 5weeks, but cun also see nothing except the womb lining thickened. I should be in my 7week now medically, but I didnt want to stress myself so I am sticking to my next gynae appointment to find out more. Relax dear &amp; dun need to worry, all your symptoms of preggie are there. medically, earliest after ovulation to detect preggie is day 9 or 10 for some people. So you may be one of them. Others will be lucky if they can detect anything after 12-14days. BTW scanning from below is not necessary at all. My gynae reputated wun see you there until you deliver okie..... kekkekee.........

honeyhaven,
Dun worry cos when u're still in early stages of the pregnancy, the foetus is very small, so usu can't see. For mine, my gynae took quite a while b4 he located my foetus. Usually gynaes aren't too worried abt not being able to see the foetus unless u're spotting etc *choy choy choy*

niki,
Hehehe...dat time very free i oredi so lazy. Now bz handling my No. 1 lagi lazier :p If based on ur LMP, u shd be due earlier than me. Mebbe urs is a July bb leh.

Hi All,
I was too eager to test, so I tested again on friday night, it was +ve. So all the kits that I used could not be wrong.
Do you'll have crampy feeling sometimes? It is normal? Could all share with me which gynae you went to? I am still searching for one,I stayed in the east.

Hi niki and bearybear,
Thank you for your advise. At least i know it is normal to see womb lining thickening for now. BTW, which gynae r u gals visiting now??

Hi, here are some of the gynea I have filter after read through good comments from other threads.

Myself is with Dr Joycelyn Wong.

Dr. Joycelyn Wong [Thomson Medical Centre] Tel:63533033

Dr. Heng [Bedok Central] Tel:64411600

Dr. Eunice Chua [Thomson Medical Centre] Tel:62542878

Dr. Lisa Chin [Gleneagle Medical Centre] Tel:64742281

Hi Dino,

Congrat!!, now you can really source for yr gynea.
happy.gif

Doctor said light crampy is normal but not those sharp pain. I have crampy also, so thing is normal

Hi Wanli,
Tks for the info. I read thru the forum abt Joycelyn Wong and all have gd comments on her. So i am considering her at TMC.

honeyhaven,
I'm wif Dr Ho HK @ Mt A. Initially thot of changing to another gynae (cos of distance) but on 2nd thots, since he has my past records, i'll stick to him.
happy.gif

Hi Dino,

Same as you, after reading all good comments that's why chose Joycelyn Wong
happy.gif
, in fact I really think she is very good after my first visit . As I told you before, if you can wait until friday then you can meet her at bedok MRT clinic. If not you can go to TMC.

Hi Wanli,
I called up ACJ clinic at TMC to make appt with Dr Joycelyn Wong on Wed. I asked the nurse abt the package. It is $598 from 12wks onwards. U took up the package?

Dino,

Not yet, on my last visit doctor said I can go back and consider whether want to took up the package with her, she said i can tell her on my next visit
happy.gif

Now you must be very exciting right? hahaha, can have some time thinking what question do u want to ask the doctor.

So the package is start from 12 weeks? Please share with me yr experience and the package details after you visit her this wednesday
happy.gif

Back